[pnpgm] Game Update #87 - File #321 - Events discussed with all together

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Fri May 16 00:54:29 CEST 2014

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #87 in sequence (file #321)

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Relieved to find that Will had only been stunned Arawn ...

          When Qor began to brood over his dead companion and the...

          Arawn gives a sigh of relief when Squirt rushes his ...

          "Everyone, our new found companions were recently ...

          After the party regroups Arawn takes the time to share his
          team's experiences and discoveries, including the guard turned
          slaver, Mavac.

          He'll also inquire as to what Fremea's team has discovered.
        GM: Ack.

        From Unali: [Re: Actions]
          Unali is unsure where Squirt has gone off to after it
          circles her legs, but is relieved when it drops out of
          Z'leyras clothes later on.
        GM: Ack. Well technically you weren't there yet.  So did
            not see it yet.  But we'll assume you saw Squirt go
            to Z'leyra for the time being.  I forgot that part...err
            I mean the dwarves forgot to edit that in.

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Time: Shortly after the warehouse escape...]

            Once on the wagon heading away from the burning warehouse,
          Arawn ensures all are still around and in good shape.  In the
          back Will, Kell, the dead Faerry ride with the sleeping
          wolf.  In front himself and Kiet.  The other Faerry flying
          around the wagon high in the air.

            Relieved to find that Will had only been stunned Arawn
          helped him into the wagon before finding his own spot. He
          looked over his shoulder, gazing down on the slumbering wolf,
          a smile expressing joy at his well-being. Deciding to allow
          the wolf to rest a while longer he turned about, his thoughts
          drifting to Squirt's safety until Kell's words alleviated his
          concern.

            When Qor began to brood over his dead companion and the
          indignities suffered by Nales and the other faerry Arawn met
          their eyes, compassion and sympathy expressed in that moment.

            "He was brave," the Alfar echoed. "As are all of you to
          have survived and fought as you did. It will be my honor to
          see to him as a Sidh druid. And to your needs as well."

            Arawn's face grew serious as the faerry began to share what
          they knew of the slavers. That some among the guard, if not
          elsewhere in the government, were in league with such men was
          sad but not surprising news. But knowing of Mavac meant that
          there was still a chance to discover answers to the mystery
          surrounding Fremea and to possibly impact the lives of slaves
          and slavers alike.

            "I am Arawn. My companions and I are on a mission of great
          importance but I will do what I can to help locate and rescue
          the others as time and resources allow. Stay with us a while
          for there is one who would speak with you and, if fate is
          willing, we might find ourselves on the same road with you for
          at least a while." Unsure if something lay hidden behind Qor's
          following silence Arawn asked in a kindly manner,

            "Is something the matter?"

            Arawn had such great hopes for humanity.  They are such a
          diverse people. Kind.  Generous.  But at times cruel.  A very
          hodgepodge of emotions.  But for the most part humans are quite
          decent folks.

            Qor remains silent for some moments as the only thing heard
          is the clap of the horse on the street along with the moan of
          the wagon old wheels.  Then he shakes his head.  "We can not
          do that.  Before sunrise we will return to the forest.  We
          will never return here.  The forest is safe.  This place
          is not.  Our family is bound to be worried.  It has been
          weeks since we were captured.  I do not wish to prolong
          their sorrow further."  He glances up at the stars and
          then the city lights for guidance.  "We will stay with you
          a short while.  But sunrise is likely within three to four
          hours.  I will not be around by then.  As to our dead we
          will bury him in the forest not in this....cursed location."

            Arawn can understand the fright.    If they can be captured
          they might be again.  To ask them to stay could endanger
          them.  Especially once the city is alert to the warehouse
          and Bogan club killing.  Arawn wonders how far this conspiracy
          to slave fae goes.  It seems from what he is told to be
          more so in Samma than other cities.  Being so close to the
          forest only across the small river to the west has to be one
          of the big reasons.

                                 --------------

          [Time: 2:05:12 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Both groups are relived to see each other again.  But
          both are as confused on the current situation as possible.

            Somewhere on the other side of town in the north west
          section of town, Unali and Jordi ride eastward.  As they
          ride they share very quick abbreviated stories.  Jordi
          asks about the new party members.  Unali explains who they
          are briefly and how they came about.

            Back north of the tavern Fremea circles the wagon in
          relief.  She sees Kell waving and Will petting either
          a dead wolf or a sleeping one.  But who are the other
          faerry circling about?

            Arawn gives a sigh of relief when Squirt rushes his
          companion after the party's regrouping. Realizing that an
          introduction might be wise Arawn chose to break the brief
          silence.

            "Everyone, our new found companions were recently liberated
          from Ozon's warehouse," he said, introducing the faerries by
          name should any have shared during the cart ride. Recognizing
          Qor's role as primary spokesperson he introduced him at the
          end before introducing the party in turn, ending with Fremea.

             Qor simply hovers in the air with arms crossed over his
           chest.   He stares at the party full of humans.  Especially
           the large flying one.  What insanity is that about?  He
           simply gives a very subtle nod at Fremea.  If one of them
           is with these humans then maybe just maybe they can be
           trusted.

             Fremea fumes at the thought of slaves just like her so
           long ago.  She recalls the man who enslaved her.  He has
           to be still alive and in this very city.  Wonder if it
           would be a good time to visit?

             Raban waits for the group to continue but the party
           just stares and whisper.  "We should get to the tavern.
           If the city guards find us ..such a large party they
           might want to question us."

             The wagon and others walk the short mile and a half
           to the tavern.  By now the wolf is starting to wake up
           with some help from Kell and Will.  The party moves back
           toward the front and inside.

             But outside the faerry remain.  Fremea notices this and
           all climb to the roof.  Qor explains, "we will not enter
           the human dwelling.  We will leave soon.  What are you
           doing with them?"  He asks with a bit of suspicion.

             Fremea looks in the darkness at the faerry on the roof
           of the tavern.  He sees scars, bruises, cuts, very thread
           bar clothing.  Looks like they are lacking good food but
           with Faerry to be honest its hard to tell since they are
           so small by nature.

             Downstairs the party enters the tavern.  Arawn sees
           the bartender at the bar with his head on the bar.  Worried
           he might be a victim he closes in quietly.  He nudges the
           old man.  Does it again.  Before he goes to check the man's
           pulse the man jumps.

             "What?! What?!  We are closed for the night."  With that
           the almost deaf man waves a hand at Arawn then moves to
           the door behind the bar to either the kitchen or his quarters.
           "Can't even get a night's rest.."  He continues to mumble
           as he moves through the door and out of view.

             Arawn smiles at least he is unhurt.  The group sits in the
           tables to talk.  They are all alone and it makes a good meeting
           hall.  Kell and Arawn go upstairs to check the room.  As they
           near the room theys can hear nothing.  The others must be all
           asleep.  They open the door to their rooms and find the
           place as it was.  The bags of Kell and Will and some others
           are still here.  A very faint odor of something like
           a sweet smell is sensed.  It must have been the gas still
           lingering in the air but fading.

             Kell and Arawn return down stairs to join the others.  Arawn
           decides to wait for Fremea.  So the group does small talk for
           some length of time.

             Kiet smiles and comes inside after placing the wagon some
           distance away.  Might not be a good thing to link the party
           to the tavern but if Fremea wants a wagon she now has one.
           he hauls the bags that Bogan gave him and the loot he found
           on Ozon.

             Placing the bags on the table the group can hear it jingle
           and clink.  Kiet opens the bag from Bogan first which is far
           larger.  There are actually three bags.  But it is full of
           quick treasure.  One bag has piles of gold and silver coins.
           Another bag has assorted unset gems of various shapes, sizes
           and colors.  There must be diamonds, rubies, sapphires, topaz
           and many others.  All a fence would use for quick money.  The
           third bag has another small coin bag with gold coins.  But
           this one has small scroll tubes to prevent water damage.  Some
           that might messengers use for scrolls or messages.  Kiet
           places the boring scrolls to the side and Arawn looks at them.

             Opening the tubes some are lists of items fenced or traded or
           sold.  Everything from drugs to estates.  Some deeds to
           places it seems the fence obtained through deals or
           cut throat gambling wing - rather the loser gives up all
           they have or dies.  Some official document from the city
           seems to indicate delivery of a some paintings from one
           estate to a home.  That intrigues Arawn.  Maybe this home
           address denoted in the scroll is Bogan's own home?

             It is assumed Ozon's bulk of treasure was burnt up in
           the warehouse and the office.  But Kiet did find a bag.
           Opening it he finds silver and gold coins as well.  In a
           very small coin bag inside that bag he finds also unset
           gemstones of various types.

          [Time: 2:18:51 am - Samma city, Donara]

            As Fremea and the other Fae talk she notices a person on
          horse approach.  Then she realizes it is Unali.  Unali doesn't
          seem them on the roof.  But Unali takes some cautious steps
          toward the front and then enters.

            Qor sits on the roof and watches the stars.  "You should
          get to your friends.  We will be here for a bit more if
          you have questions.  But no more than a few hours."

            Fremea flies down and enters the tavern.

            Once inside Arawn explains all that happened.  Then
          Kell also explains what they know what they know which
          is not much.  Just they were standing in the room and
          then suddenly awake in the warehouse.

            Fremea then gives her group's info on what all happened
          at the military center.

          [Time: 2:42:10 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Arawn is interested to hear about this Jordi guy but
          will ask later when time allows.  By now all are caught
          up on the events tonight.

            Arawn rubs his fingers on his chin.  Moon Gort is so rare
          compared to Moon Wort.  Moon Gort is only found from what
          he understands during a full moon.  All other nights it
          can not be found.  They say that it can only been some
          the sky or some height.  The plant seems to give off light
          toward the sky.  As if the plant is trying to do it's own
          moon beam back to moon.  But from the ground it can not be
          seen.  Beyond that there is little info.  Maybe a herb
          shop might know more?

            Will and Kell notice how some react to the Varange fellow.
          Z'leyra, Unali and Fremea all seem to be irritated.  Etain
          seems like he just ate a rotten apple.  But the others do
          not seem to understand this emotion.

            Kell speaks up, "it seems this Varange guy will meet you
          in Donara city in two weeks.  We could just get there and
          beat him but would be idle for two weeks.  What will we
          do?"  He asks Fremea for instructions.

            Fremea considers this and stands to stretch.  She wants
          to track down other folks.  The mage.  The slaver.  Her
          own slaver. This Mavac person.  But that might be another
          day in town.  She walks to the bar to consider the options.

            Arawn sees her worry and comes to check on the still
          angry Fae.  He does not speak so as to let her say the
          first things.

            But Fremea simply pulls out the necklace in cloth from her
          bag.  she places it on the bar and explains that was worn by
          the apes.

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update...Monday...

          GM: A short small update.  Was no posts so I did not
              get it out on Monday.  Then saw a post form Arawn
              but later that night.  So was delayed.  So plans
              have to be made and figured out now.  Let me know
              what will happen.  Groups can divide up again if
              need to stay in town.  At sunrise I will do the
              auto healing and mana regen stuff.

          GM: Lots of support files updated some not updated in over
              a year :<  Mainly as a reference so won't have to
              keep coming back to updates to find who was that guy
              I mentioned kind of thing.

              * People of campaign - Added characters.
              * Items - Items/Names of campaign.  Added Moon Gort
                Also added a term section for terms might be important.
              * Mana report updated

          GM: Fremea - You said in chat to talk to the Fae so I did
                 the roof stuff.  You can tell me what you ask or say
                 here or in chat/email.

          GM: Treasure - Will try to give a more detailed treasure
              inventory for next update.  With the Jewelers and such
              in the group shouldn't take long.  I assume for gems
              it can be sold and shares divided up equally unless
              you guys have other plans.  So let me know if not.