[pnpgm] Game Update #80 - File #302 - Samma Combat Begins

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Fri Mar 28 00:18:57 CET 2014

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #80 in sequence (file #302)

          [None]

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Time: 1:49:01 am - Samma city, Donara]

          [Military Center - Phase 1 - 1:49:01 am]

            Upstairs Fremea can feel the fog of anger fade.  A
          strange vision almost like a dream seemed to have swept
          her entire soul.  At least it was only a dream or maybe
          prophecy.

            Z'leyra realizes the group is trapped between the wild apes
          and the 5 humans.  Raban could handle both apes easily.  But
          the 5 humans could be tricky distractions.  She raises her
          staff and builds up energy for a spell.

            She speaks the magical rite and tilts her magical staff toward
          the five humans.    She notices the looks on the humans seem
          to be blank and confused.

            Raban moves between the girls and charges the first ape.  He
          sees the ape is holding a wooden heavy club and stands just
          as tall as himself.  Raban slaps toward the Great Ape but the
          ape is agile enough it ducks and the blow goes wild.

            Unali figures the apes can be dealt with by the Bard.
          She moves toward the open door and uses the wall as a
          perfect cover to avoid enemy from moving behind her.  She
          ends up behind #1.  She swipes both of her daggers against
          the back of his head and knocks him out.

            Ape #1 swings his club at Raban and hits him in the right
          upper chest doing 10 points of damage.

            Ape #2 with a stone spear lumbers toward Z'leyra.  The
          ape tries to stab but fails to hit her just as she side
          steps away.

            Outside Jordi begins to run toward the building grumbling
          that he wasn't up for exercise tonight.

            Now the humans still up begin to move, they turn toward
          the nearest friend and begin to battle each other.

            Thief #2 charges #3 and both engage at the same time.  The
          first swings his pick and stabs #3 doing minor damage.  The
          other human fails to make contact with his dagger.

            Both #4 and #5 engage each other with picks and shovels.
          Both fail to make physical contact in their wild swings.

            Fremea steps away from the open window where Varange
          escaped moments ago.  The anger boils away from her like
          heat waves in a desert.  She is torn between flying after
          the link to her parents and helping the others.  She
          turns toward the fallen fool of Etain.  The Elf may have
          in some way saved her life.  Maybe Varange only wanted
          Fremea's body or just knocked out.  But that plan was ruined.
          She moves toward the fallen teacher and shakes her head.
          All the while she keeps her back to the wall not the
          window or door.  She kneels to inspect Etain.  Anger
          at the inept Elf seems to fade when she sees the dagger
          a half inch from where the heart is.  It is deep inside
          and a half inch would've been sure death.  Etain looks
          up with her with pleading eyes and holds the dagger with
          both hands.  It is clear that if the Elf releases his
          grasp he could die.

          [Military Center - Phase 2 - 1:49:04 am]

            Raban tries to grab the Ape but the ape moves to the
          side and the Bard's large arms miss entirely.

            Unali moves toward #4 and #5.  Using one dagger each
          she tries to knock both out.  Both in the chaos both
          men fighting each other weave back and forth ignoring
          the dagger maiden forcing the daggers to miss.

            Ape #1 swings at Raban but misses.

            Ape #2 stabs at Z'leyra and also fails to make contact.

            Z'leyra swings her staff at the Ape but also fails to hit
          the agile beast.

            Human #2 swings at #3 but does not hit.  But at the same
          time #3 stabs his friend in the chest and does enough
          damage to kill him instantly.

            Human #5 and #4 battle each other but both miss too much
         in their hasty in fighting.

            Fremea looks at Etain and he whispers.  "Go...after
          him...I'm not..worth...saving."

            Fremea clenches her teeth in frustration and anger.

                                 -----------------

          [Time: 1:49:01 am - Samma city, Donara]
          [Ozon's Warehouse]

            Arawn offers to turn Kiet invisible.

            Kiet looks at Arawn with puzzlement.  "I thought that
          could only be cast on oneself, not others...?"

            "Let's get this done...if I go upstairs fast, it might
          draw more of them upstairs...then you can break out Kell
          and Will.  I can kill the guards upstairs pretty quickly
          any number of ways."

            "But let's change our new friend's appearance..."

            Kiet reaches toward the bouncer and places a hand on his
          shoulder.  He then casts a illusion spell upon the large
          bouncer.  The illusion covers up the smudges of smoke
          and grim when the bouncer tried to find Bogan.

            Kiet ensures his tulwar is ready at hand in his sheath
          and his shield on his arm.  He pulls his magical javelins
          in one hand and nods at Arawn.

            Arawn directs the other two men toward the front
          door of the warehouse.

            Arawn then whispers into the ear of the bouncer what
          he should do and say.  This takes a few long crushing
          seconds for Kiet.

            Arawn then touches Kiet and casts an invisibility
          spell.  Rather he had hoped.  Nothing happens and it
          seems it failed.  Maybe the stress of the night.
          Holding the wand again he recasts it knowing that
          this is critical to the plan.  This time both men
          become invisible.

          [Time: 1:49:37 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Arawn uses his necklace of gems to unlock the front door.

            Arawn shoves the bouncer inside.

            The bouncer starts waves his hands and arms like in a
          wild frantic state. "Bogan's dead! I saw you... you were
          talking to them! The ones who started the fire! What are you
          up to?!"

            Immediately Arawn and Kiet look for Ozon but do not see
          him yet.  The bouncer moves inside and the first thug (#1)
          moves to start toward him.  "Who are you!"  Another thug (#4)
          by the crates turns around to move toward the bouncer.

            Arawn and Kiet move quickly toward the cage where Will
          and Kell are located.  Once there he unlocks the door for
          now.  Then Arawn guides Kiet toward the north between the
          crates.

            Arawn weaves between the stacks of crates and passes
          a third thug (#3) moving toward the bouncer's direction.
          Arawn stops at the stairs and looks around.  No one seems
          to be looking.  He releases Kiet and the acrobat dashes
          up the stairs with Arawn's necklace in his belt to open
          the cages.

            Arawn turns back to head back to the cage with his
          friends are.

            Kiet ends up the stairs and looks around.  He still
          sees the two thugs (#5/6).  But no Ozon again.  Where
          did he go?  Kiet sees one thug (#6) moving toward the
          cages.  But the other thug (#5) is already at the cage
          and has entered it.  Kiet can see one Faerry on the
          ground with blood pooled on the ground.  Seems the thug
          has started to kill the slaves. It looks like another
          faerry is on the ground near by the thug, but Kiet can't
          if it is dead or not.

            Kiet estimates the distance to the thug in the cage (#5)
          is 140 or so feet with a straight shot .  That is twice
          the distance his javelin could do.  But the other thug (#6)
          is only about 40 feet which is well within throwing range.

            But if he takes out one of the thugs the other will kill
          more of the faerry.  Kiet realized in their plan making
          the time was wasted and it may be too late.

            Arawn moves back toward Will's cage and sees a thug (#2)
          moving from some side of crates not seen before toward
          the cage with sword drawn.  If they are getting rid of
          loose ends that means Will and Kell are doomed.

          [Current Time]
          [Time: 1:50:23 am - Samma city, Donara]

          [Military Center - Phase 2 - 1:49:07 am]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Monday...

          GM: Ok.  A small update but a huge update.  It took hours
              to write but minutes to read.  Most of the work was
              behind the scenes with number crunching.  BTW if you
              hadn't guessed the last update was fake.  :)  Look at
              the header at the top of that update.  Look at the
              status/notes column for a clue.  :)  Some of you are
              up on my april jokes so I had to make a early one.  As
              I type this (before that update goes) I wonder who will
              be fooled?  Another clue was the top with Fremea talking
              about a dream/vision.

              Now two groups two battles.  It at times can take 3 hours
              to do a combat update.  With two groups even takes longer.
              But I don't mind.  Now see the bottom of the update a
              few lines up to see current time.  Two separate times
              for simplicity.

              I did 2 phases for the Fremea group but wants to see
              if Fremea was going to act.  So I only did 2 phases.
              For Arawn's group I did about 90 odd seconds of time?
              But stopped now and will do 2 phases per update form
              now on.  Just talking and such took about 50 seconds.
              But both groups are ready to move on with actions needed.

              Arawn/Kiet will use your posted actions until you change
              them based on this update.

          GM: Map Notes
              Updated maps.  See very bottom for info.  But some
              points:

              1. Arawn you are 35 feet or so from the guard moving
                 toward the cage where Will/Kell are.  You can move
                 30 feet in a phase.
              2. Kiet - Reminder about 140 odd feet toward thug 5
                 in the cage and about 40 feet from #6.
              3. Unali - You're are right next to two men and can handle
                 them I'm sure.

          GM: Mana Report updated.

          GM: Spells active
                Arawn  -  Invisibility  Ends 1:52:11

          GM: Groups -

              Warehouse of Ozon   - Arawn, Kiet, Will, Kell
              Military Center     - Fremea, Corona, Raban, Jordi, Unali
                                    and Z'leyra, Etain
          GM: Maps

    * Military Center / Admin Offices/Community Park

      /I\ - North (top/up) (all maps)

      Scale 1 Row    = 100 feet
            1 Column \  50 feet

               1         2         3         4         5
      12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
     A                                                 %
     B  %%%%%            Open Field                  %%%
     C      %%                                    %%%%%
     D      %%                                  %%
     E   D  %%     __________\___________     %%%%
     F   e  %%     I                    I     %
     G   n   %     I X<- Party combat   I     %   D
     H   s   %     I                    I     %   e
     I   e   %     I      Military      I     %   n W
     J       %     /                    /     %   s o
     K   w   %     I      Center        I     %   e o
     L   o   %     I      2 stories     I     %     d
     M   o   %     I                    I     %     s
     n   d  %%     I                    I     %
     O   s %%%     I_________/\_________I     %%%%%%
     P %%%%%%                                    %%%%%%
     Q                       ,,,                   %%%%
     R                       (*)                    %%%
     S                                   Road to  #####
     T                                    city -> #####
     U                   Open Field
     Y--------------------------------------------------
               1         2         3         4         5
      12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

     Legend
     %    - Trees
     / /\ - Doors
     (*)  - Fountain
     ,,,  - Flagpole/Monument
     ###  - Road east toward city
     X    - Spot generally of combat

    The building is about 1000 feet by 1000 feet both floors.
    The fields go north and south half a mile for fun and
    parties.  No trees no bushes just flat open field.  This
    is a recon based on Unali's and Fremea's aerial view.

         * Ozon's warehouse

    Scale 1 Row    - 50 feet
          1 Column - 50 feet

              1        2
     123456789012345679012
    B     ]  I     I
    C  1  ]  I     I ____
    D     ]  I  S  I [
    E_____]  I  t  I [ X
    F        I  r  I [
    G______  I  e  I [___
    H     I  I  e  I
    I     I  I  t  I
    J  2  I  I     I ____
    K     I  I     I I
    L     I  I     I I 3
    M     I  I     I I

     1, 2, 3 - Dark warehouses
     X - Ozon's two story warehouse
     1, 2 - 1 story
     3 - 2 stories

     The street is dotted by many other dark warehouses.
     Ozon's seems to be the only one occupied.

     * Ozon'a warehouse

       Scale - 1 Row    = 10 feet  300' x 200'
               1 Column = 10 feet

         First floor
                     1         2         3
            123456789012345678901234567890
            ______________________________
            I @@@@@@    o o o o ,,,    ooI A   / - Door
            I @*  *@                    oI B   , - Stairs up
            I @    @    3      A        oI C   @ - Table/work area
            I    1      ##  ##  ##  ##   I D   : - Wooden cage
            /    G  4   ##  ##  ##  ##   / E   * - Chair
            I           ##  ##  ##  ##   I F   # - Crates
            I                 2          I G   o - Barrels
            I      ____   ____   ____    I H   $ - Wagon/horses
            I      :  :   :KW:   :  :    I I   1-4 Thugs
            I______:__:___:__:___:__:____I J
                                               K, W - Kell, Will
                                 $$$
                                 $$$           G-gatekeeper/bouncer

        A - Arawn [C20]

         Second floor
                     1         2         3
            123456789012345678901234567890
            ______________________________
            I  _____   o o o    ,,,      I A   , - Stairs down
            I  :F F:            K        I B   / - Door
            I  :___5   @@@               I C   * - Chair
            I  :F  :   @@@               I D   # - Desk/table
            I  :F__:        6    ____/___I E   @ - Crates
            I  :   :             I *     I F   o - Barrels
            I  : F :             I     * I G   : - Metal cages
            I  :F_F:             I###    I H   5-6 - Males
            I                    I *#  * I I   F - Faerry
            I____________________I_______I J

     K - Kiet [B21]

   * Military Center hallway section

                            Room of
                             light
       ________/_______________/__________________
/  \__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/A  / - Door
\__/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ U\__/  \__/  \__/  \B  _ - Wall
/  \__I  \__/  BZ_/  \__/  \_54  \__/  \__/  \__/C  I - Wall
\__/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__3  \__/  \__/  \__/  \D
/  \__I AR__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/E  /I\ - North
\__/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \F  1 Hex = 10 feet
/  \__I  \__/ ________________/__________________G  1 Row - 5 feet
       I       I                                     1 Column  - 5 feet
          1         2         3         4         5  1=5 = 5 ji,ams
12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

     Light shines from door on column 30  Shines in a cone arc
     toward the south up to about column 24 and 36.  So all
     humans are in the light but Fremea is not.

     R - Raban      [E10]      1-5 - Male Humans
     Z - Z'leyra    [C17]        1 - Off map, Knocked out
     U - Unali      [B30]        2 - Off map, Dead
     A - Great Ape  [E9 ]
     B - Great Ape  [C16]

    As always use website if maps mess up or ask.

  Map Updates:
    1. Military Center overall map (minor edits)
    2. Warehouse overall/aerial map (minor edits)
    3. Ozon's warehouse first floor (updated people positions)
    4. Ozon's warehouse second floor (updated people position)
    5. Military Center hallway map (updated people position)