[pnpgm] Game Update #78 - File #300 - Methods of attack.

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 02:55:14 CET 2014


   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
      Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #78 in sequence (file #300)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

      Admin Notes: None.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      [Recap]

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           "He's under my control," Arawn quietly informed Kiet,...

           [If Ozon does then he'll use the bouncer to enter the
           building, having him barge in and cause a distraction by
           engaging in a rant surrounding the fire, Bogan's death and
           such, trying to cause a distraction for as long as he can.

           If not, then have the bouncer barge in anyway, screaming at
           Ozon 'I saw you talking to them! The ones that started the
           fire! What are you up to?!'

           He won't have the bouncer enter until Kiet and Arawn are
           ready to go]

           After the bouncer's response Arawn turned his attention
           to Kiet.

           Ozon 'I saw you talking to them! The ones that started the
           fire! What are you up to?!'
         GM: Ack.

         From John: [Re: Actions]
           Arawn had his suspicions back in Update #54 :) This should
           prove interesting...
         GM: Ack. There were 4-5 distinctive clues out there.  For some
             like Unali/Z'leyra they can recall Varange.  For my home core
             group he was rather...high spirited.  Played by a friend
             who had a bit of a large chip on his shoulder and arrogant.
             So this is how it continues.

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           Kiet shakes his head and says "The windows are all ...

           "The best I can think of is to get that door open and I ...
         GM: Ack.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           "If I turn you invisible will you be able to make it...
         GM: Ack.

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           "Invisibility is not one of my skills.  Mine tend ...
         GM: Ack.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           "I can turn you invisible," Arawn offered.

           OOC:
           If Kiet wants Arawn to cast Invisibility on him then he'll
           do so. If not, or if he'd prefer to take the ground floor,
           let me know.
         GM: Ack.

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Z'leyra casts thru her staff a max EL Quarrels spell on
           the five human attackers then using her staff she will
           aggressively attack the apes trying to knock them out or
           disable them quickly.
         GM: Ack.

      --------------------------------------------------------------
      [New Stuff]

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Time: 1:48:10 am - Samma city, Donara]

            At the warehouse the two look at the dazed but fascinated
          bouncer.  Kiet is a bit wary of why he is not trying to kill
          him.

            "He's under my control," Arawn quietly informed Kiet,
          referring to the bouncer. "Let's make use of him."

            "I think we should split up. I can take the ground floor
          invisibly, using the bouncer as a distraction while I free Kell
          and Will. In the meanwhile, do you think you can get to the top
          floor to take out the two guards before they kill the faerries?
          Something quiet would be nice, maybe a sleep spell if you have
          one, and I can loan you my sapphire to unlock the cages if you
          think you'll need it."

            Arawn turns to the bouncer.  Of course he knows if he can
          free the other two they could help the odds.  But if they
          are dead or totally unconscious it could be a bit of time to
          wake them up.  Of course time is running out.  In simply
          talking the plan out things are in motion.    Seconds fly
          by and folks can die.

            "Does Ozon know if you're aware of this warehouse?," he
          asked the enthralled bouncer.

            The dazed man looks to Arawn and shakes his head.  "I only
          know him by reputation.  He never spoke to me.  I'm beneath
          him."

            Arawn frowns that is a no on the answer.  If the thief treats
          him like a servant than he may not even know the warehouse
          exists.  It might have just been coincidence that the bouncer
          followed Kiet here.

            Kiet considers Arawn's plan.

            Kiet shakes his head and says "The windows are all sealed
          up and I don't know how I would get in.  I can get to them, but
          then what?"

            "The best I can think of is to get that door open and I can
          run upstairs really, really fast.  Draw them upstairs?"

            "If I turn you invisible will you be able to make it up the
          stairs and quietly take out the guards?"

            "Invisibility is not one of my skills.  Mine tend to be,
          uh, less subtle."

            "I can turn you invisible," Arawn offered.

            Arawn turns to Kiet and considers the options.  Every
          word could mean a faerry dead.  Then he sees it. The
          wagon with the two horses down the alley.  The one that
          had to have carried their friends here.  The two horses
          are docile but the wagon is high.  About the height of
          Arawn's waist.  The Druid glances at the windows on
          the second floor.  They are about 10 feet up.    Kiet
          is about 6 feet tall if he stretches his hands.  Arawn
          looks again.  The wagon is hugged near the wall just a few
          feet away from the wall.  If one could stand on the side of
          the wagon and balance - like a trained acrobat - then he
          might reach the window.  That person would be about 8 feet
          tall at least.  If he could get the window open that window
          there at the back of the alley is the window Kiet saw.  Maybe
          Ozon's own private office.

            Arawn considers his options there are two doors front and
          back on ground floor.  Windows and magic getting inside.
          The doors can be opened with a good gem.  The windows would
          take some prying with some instruments unless the windows
          on the second floor aren't nailed shut like those on the
          ground floor.  Then theres magic means to get inside.

            Arawn realizes almost minute has passed since Ozon gave
          the order to clear up loose ends.  Now inside the warehouse
          it is too quiet.


          [Time: 1:49:01 am - Samma city, Donara]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Friday...

          GM: A small update for now.  I'm waiting on Tobie to figure
              out what to do.  Chase Varange.  Help Etain.  BTW Etain's
              dagger is being held by him.  It seems that if the dagger
              is moved it could kill him instantly.  It is right in
              his heart or next to it - it was a very good hit.  Then
              there is the fight downstairs.  I can figure out what
              Unali will do but will wait for Tobie before starting
              the fight.  Plus I'm brain dead for now.  A long night
              and weekend.  I will try to frame up the combat (ie
              work on movement charts, etc) on Wednesday.  No maps
              updated below.

              For Arawn/Kiet the speaking took 51 seconds that I
              calculated.  So that's almost a full minute.  Image
              what can done in a minute with a dagger.

          GM: Groups -

              Warehouse of Ozon   - Arawn, Kiet
              Military Center     - Fremea, Corona, Raban, Jordi, Unali
                                    and Z'leyra, Etain
              Inside warehouse    - Will, Kell

          GM: Maps


    * Military Center / Admin Offices/Community Park

      /I\ - North (top/up) (all maps)

      Scale 1 Row    = 100 feet
            1 Column \  50 feet

               1         2         3         4         5
      12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
      --------------------------------------------------
     A                                                 %
     B  %%%%%            Open Field                  %%%
     C      %%                                    %%%%%
     D      %%                                  %%
     E   D  %%     __________\___________     %%%%
     F   e  %%     I                    I     %
     G   n   %     I X - Suspected spot I     %   D
     H   s   %     I                    I     %   e
     I   e   %     I      Military      I     %   n W
     J       %     /                    /     %   s o
     K   w   %     I      Center        I     %   e o
     L   o   %     I      2 stories     I     %     d
     M   o   %     I                    I     %     s
     n   d  %%     I                    I     %
     O   s %%%     I_________/\_________I     %%%%%%
     P %%%%%%                                    %%%%%%
     Q                       ,,,                   %%%%
     R                       (*)                    %%%
     S                                   Road to  #####
     T                                    city -> #####
     U                   Open Field
     V
     W                                       Party > P
     X
     Y--------------------------------------------------
               1         2         3         4         5
      12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890


     Legend
     %    - Trees
     / /\ - Doors
     (*)  - Fountain
     ,,,  - Flagpole/Monument
     ###  - Road east toward city
     X    - Suspected piece buried under ground
     P    - Party looking at building in darkness.

    The building is about 1000 feet by 1000 feet both floors.
    The fields go north and south half a mile for fun and
    parties.  No trees no bushes just flat open field.  This
    is a recon based on Unali's and Fremea's aerial view.

         * Ozon's warehouse

    Scale 1 Row    - 50 feet
          1 Column - 50 feet

              1        2
     123456789012345679012
    A
    B     ]  I     I
    C  1  ]  I     I ____
    D     ]  I  S  I [
    E_____]  I  t  I [ X
    F        I  r  I [
    G______  I  e  I [___
    H     I  I  e  I  X
    I     I  I  t  I
    J  2  I  I     I ____
    K     I  I     I I
    L     I  I     I I 3
    M     I  I     I I

     1, 2, 3 - Dark warehouses
     X - Ozon's two story warehouse
     1, 2 - 1 story
     3 - 2 stories
     X - Arawn, Kiet  H19

     The street is dotted by many other dark warehouses.
     Ozon's seems to be the only one occupied.

     * Ozon'a warehouse

       Scale - 1 Row    = 10 feet  300' x 200'
               1 Column = 10 feet

         First floor
                     1         2         3
            123456789012345678901234567890
            ______________________________
            I @@@@@@    o o o o ,,,    ooI A   / - Door
            I @*  *@   O4               oI B   , - Stairs up
            I @    @                    oI C   @ - Table/work area
            I           ##  ##  ##  ##   I D   : - Wooden cage
            /     1     ##  ## 2##  ##   / E   * - Chair
            I           ##  ##  ##  ##   I F   # - Crates
            I                            I G   o - Barrels
            I      ____   ____   ____    I H   $ - Wagon/horses
            I      :  :   :KW:   :  :    I I   1-4 Men
            I______:__:___:__:___:__:____I J   O - Ozon
                 A E                           K, W - Kell, Will
                 G               $$$           E-Kiet, A-Arawn
                                 $$$           G-gatekeeper

         Second floor
                     1         2         3
            123456789012345678901234567890
            ______________________________
            I  _____   o o o    ,,,      I A   , - Stairs down
            I  :F F:                     I B   / - Door
            I  :___:   @@@               I C   * - Chair
            I  :F F:  5@@@               I D   # - Desk/table
            I  :___:        6    ____/___I E   @ - Crates
            I  :F  :             I *     I F   o - Barrels
            I  : F :             I     * I G   : - Metal cages
            I  :__F:             I###    I H   5-6 - Males
            I                    I *#  * I I   F - Faerry
            I____________________I_______I J


     As always view maps online if it is messed up in email.


   * Military Center hallway section

                            Room of
                             light
       ________/_______________/__________________
/  \__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/A  / - Door
\__/  I__/  \__U R\__/  \1_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \B  _ - Wall
/  \__I  \__/  \Z_/  \__/  \__4  \__/  \__/  \__/C  I - Wall
\__/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__3  \__/  \__/  \__/  \D
/  \__I A\__/  \__/  \__1  \5_/  \__/  \__/  \__/E  /I\ - North
\__/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \F  1 Hex = 10 feet
/  \__I  \__B ________________/__________________G  1 Row - 5 feet
       I       I                                     1 Column  - 5 feet
          1         2         3         4         5  1=5 = 5 ji,ams
12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

     Light shines from door on column 30  Shines in a cone arc
     toward the south up to about column 24 and 36.  So all
     humans are in the light but Fremea is not.

     R - Raban      [B18]      1-5 - Male Humans
     Z - Z'leyra    [C17]
     U - Unali      [B16]
     A - Great Ape  [E9 ]
     B - Great Ape  [G13]

    As always use website if maps mess up or ask.






More information about the pnpgm mailing list