[pnpgm] Game Update #74 - File #285 - Military Center

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Fri Feb 14 07:03:10 CET 2014

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #74 in sequence (file #285)

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           Arawn stifled the urge to remind Ozon that his ...

           "He went that way," he informed the gathering....
         GM: Ack. The satchel?  The things he threw the smoke and
             sparkle bags? Were just bags.  Untied they fell open
             for the effect.  What is only left is a simple leather
             bag like a coin bag.  No satchels.

         From Fremea: [Re: Actions
           Fremea curses under her breath about letting a thief...

           "if you want to, take Kiet and track the thief down. ...

           (BTW Scott, she does speak some Eagle herself)

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Time: 1:26:18 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Ozon begins to answer questions to the small girl
          at the front of the shop.

            Arawn stifled the urge to remind Ozon that his entrance
          was in response to the man's own request and to avoid
          projecting his own nature onto others, realizing that it
          would likely only result in hampering Fremea's negotiation.

            When Irza drew everyone's attention to the fire within
          the gambling hall turned, his eyes widening at the sight,
          the Alfar aware of the speed at which fire could spread
          throughout a city and the death and devastation as a result.
          As the catalyst's identity was revealed he cast his attention
          towards Fremea, a look of consternation in his eye.

            Kiet reazlies seeing the fire what happened and why the man
          gave him that bag of loot.  Fremea is not just your typical
          misbehaving faerry it seems.

                                         ---------

          [Time: 1:30:18 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Dumbfounded and at a crossroads the group watches
          Corona fly around in nervous circles.    Follow the
          Eagle to the piece or the thief to question him more.

            Seeing Ozon flee the area, Arawn turns to Fremea.

            "Fremea... if that fire spreads people could die...
          including children..."

            With a look of worried concern he could only hope his
          words would strike home in time, for now tracking towards
          the opening, wondering what could be done to end the fire
          and hopefully pull Bogan from the ruin, assuming the man yet
          lived. He was busy pondering the dilemma, about ready to take
          action when Ozon pulled his escape act. Arawn's attention
          diverted from the fire towards his companions.

            Fremea glares at Arawn briefly.  She thought the Alfar knew
          her?  She rescued two kids.  Would she endanger the kids
          in a fire she set?  But the anger quickly fades when she
          sees Corona eagerly circling ready to leave the area.

            Although Ozon's scent filled his nostrils he erred on
          the side of caution, snatching up one of the satchels the
          man had thrown as he pressed forward. Outside he took in the
          air, pointing to the west.

            "He went that way," he informed the gathering.

            "We need to decide what to do- follow now and hope to
          locate the others later or follow later," he said, hefting
          the satchel in his hand, sensing that the Sidh would recognize
          the token's use for a Tracking spell.

            He also looked to the girls.

            "Do you trust the guard to help you out or do would you
          like some help to make it home or somewhere safe?"

            Fremea curses under her breath about letting a thief get
          the upper hand on her. She was too happy about the gambling
          hall.

            Not thinking about any of the other consequences, she looks
          at Arawn, "if you want to, take Kiet and track thief down. I
          really can't have that piece fall into the wrong hands." She
          takes off flying, grabbing only her headband, leaving her dress
          behind and flies with Corona.

            Confused the girls look to Arawn.  Guard?  What guard is
          he talking about.  But Etain sees time is running short.
          Disappearing into the store he quickly removes his boot.
          He has learned a lot of tricks from his ex-smuggler farmer
          friend.  Tapping and twisting the heel he lets a small
          stack of gold coins drop to his hand.  He smiles knowing
          that Arawn never found that stash.  Placing back his boot
          he knows this is his ale money but this is a very important
          cause.

            Going back outside at the back of the furniture shop he
          finds the oldest girl the games dealer.  "Bogan I suspect
          is no more.  You are free as these.  Thanks to my friend."
          He looks to the sky then back at the confused girl.  "Get
          a room for all of you.  Then seek out my friend at his
          farm in the morning.  Tell him...I found some more ravens.
          He will know what I mean.   He will help you find your
          family or at least a place to hide in case Bogan has
          friends.  Go by the main roads and avoid contact of any
          man who seems to follow you.  If need to hide or use
          city guards."  He then gives a quick direction of the
          farmer's farm.  Then he gives the stack of gold coins
          to the older girl.  "Use these."

            Etain turns to Arawn and says, "I will follow Fremea.
          You should follow the thief.  I suspect he is trying
          to get to the warehouse where he has more slaves."

            The girls look at the winged one flying away who free
          the middle youngest two.  They are clearly all confused
          by the strange creature.  But they have been through
          so much in the last few years.  The older girl seems
          to understand though still is bewildered.  She nods
          and waves for the other girls to follow quickly to find a
          inn that they can stay the remainder of the night.

            Arawn and Kiet watch the girls move away.  Kiet almost
          feels guilty not using Bogan's own funds for some of them
          but the Elf seemed to have plenty for them.

            As the girls fade into darkness Arawn turns to ask Etain
          a question but finds he is missing.  Arawn looks all around
          but there is no sign of the Elf.  He curses Fremea will
          be sorely upset for losing sight of the Elf.

            Arawn casts a tracking spell but knows this would only
          give him a short range maybe 150 feet to follow.  But
          thanks to his scent spell he should be able to help
          for the lack of direction.  Grabbing the discarded
          bags used for the distractions the spell is cast.

            Arawn quickly urges Kiet forward.  Kiet hustles the
          found loot from Bogan in his own bags and rushes after
          Arawn.

            Back across town the group waits for Fremea to arrive.
          Raban looks nervous but Unali doesn't like wasting time.
          She decides that a perimeter recon is in order.  After
          all this is how she was taught by Aren's own best spies.
          Moving away she uses the shadows and quickly moves around
          the perimeter of the building.  For the north and south
          which are open fields it is a bit a larger circle but
          the darkness helps there.  For the east and west of
          the Military Center the woods help her to get closer.

            A few miles away Fremea speaks to Corona as they fly.
          This is only the second time both have really spent
          time together.  But it is obvious that Corona is distracted.
          The urge to the summons is overwhelming and distracting.
          But this is what Fremea likes.  A simple flight in the
          dark over a sleepy city with a partner.  But then again
          what if Corona goes nuts again and tries to attack them?
          Could she disable or subdue the bird or worse?  Would
          Z'leyra even accept that?

            Back on the ground Etain rushes down the streets.  He
          knows he can't track them in the air.  but what he has
          not told his Sidh friends is the talent ritualized to
          him by a old Elf Wizard.  When a teacher like himself
          is given the task to help a "special" person he is
          given a ritual to bind them.  When Fremea was still
          only a few years old the ritual was done.  He might
          not be able to track her with magic but the ritual is
          like a beacon of where she is at any one time.  He
          regrets it is a short distance thing.  If she was
          in the same city then he can track her at best. But
          when she was missing he could not track her.  He
          never drew on the sense until his friend reported she
          was back in town.  Then he was able to find the faerry
          in the house at the painting.

            She feels still within a mile at least.  Etain rushes
          down two streets.  In coming her they passed a stable.
          There the door of course was locked.  Looking around
          he gets a large rock and after a few good whacks breaks
          the weak lock.  Entering the stable he finds a nice horse
          with some gear.  Dressing the horse he mounts and rushes
          out to the street to give chase.

            Arawn moves fast through the dark streets tracking the
          thief.  He isn't sure the spell worked as he has no direction
          yet.  But his scent still lingers in the air.  The thief
          is moving rather fast.  Then both realize the thief is
          going back to the east and actually back toward the hall.
          At one point the scent lingers at a spot and Arawn realizes
          that the thief must've stashed some gear here in the alley
          just a block away from the hall.  Could he have seen
          Arawn and suspected something?

            Going back east and then north it seems the thief
          back tracked.  Could have watched the girls?  Then
          Arawn realizes the thief could be after Irza.  He
          rushes Arawn forward faster.

            But in fact the scent suddenly turns west.  But
          the girls went north east.  Maybe they are safe.  Not
          taking chances the duo start to trot which makes Kiet
          rather grumpy.  Where does Arawn get his energy?

   €@Õˆ@Ð@kdRñtRå°}°€í‹LC B°xû3°°Ç.„RP[Rð2P¥QÿøWlw¼RTz@
Ô@Eú@ÞPIQõQ\7²ß
HSìR0Õ;€B:@ŽPà}ïÔR'ŠP
,b)aQA1aQAw07ˆ@,J`œÉC‡AÈ*@
Qàë÷Ô@ 9±<,ÿ8$44ÿ0(
ïÇAÿÿ
$(,486ÿ73552441ÿ23012/01ÿ./0-./,-ÿ-*+,)*+(ÿ)*'()&'(ÿ%&&$%%##ÿ$!"#!!" ÿ  ÿÿÿÿÿÿ

                         ÿ   ÿý0Á>3=ÿ1<.;,ÿ;*:(9%ÿ8#
8!
7ÿ6
5
ÿ5
4       3ÿ      220ÿ/ - ÿ+ *
  (
ÿ&%#ÿ
"

                 ÿÿ ÿÿ

ÿ]š°9²?Á|Çr:²'pß"pï ñp»        ùq
  €¿

€
€

¿

€
'€ÿÿÿÿÿ÷W€ ÿ!""ÿ # $"%ÿ#&#&$ÿ'%(&)ÿ'*(*)+ÿ*, +-
,ÿ.!./!//"ÿ/0"01#22ý$Ÿ€33%43%ÿ54&65':/ÿ/8,,7*)6ÿ('5%$4$"ÿ2!
1 0ÿ/.,ÿ+*¿)(›`ÿ#'"& %ÿ $#ÿ"! ÿ ÿÿÿÿ

,
  ¿
B
         `Ç_œßpýB°õ îòôýúç cóûÿðþ *ÿ^ôû ,÷  /pôüóÿðRnòýÿ¡³Åÿ×éû
ÿ1CUßgôñqa(¿8
4€`$þ‡eΔa$€`q<<_<9°9²\9±þ‘29°>@ÀQ£¯1¯C¯U®Û9°'Ôe§`9°g¥2ó6à†¦;&0ÿ?6¯¯Á¯Ó¯å¯÷¯
¿¿-¿?¿Q¿c¿u¿‡¿™¿«¿½¿Ï¿á¿ó¿ÏÏ)Ï6x@/p? 0<>ÏPÏbÏtÉ
øyϕωÅ?; <7xá.ÿ`-(c)Cÿopyrightÿ M.D.O.,ÿ 1992  Vÿersion 1ÿ.1÷úîñÂïð
h-5 F Ê)5þ\
´>ÿ;cå÷%åôô~ƒ‚€ÿ=$có   ‚\€rÞœ
å|Ý«?%ùÅÅcnÃ$Ÿq{?<ôêØ€ô%Ù~þÐ;
cPvîgåü|'å&å&l!¬ˆ.Påû<›p{å&$å
&M¹q't¹ÁH°ÑR3Ñ
à(À~«
Ð9?
sæýç nw <°
2"Y
#;Ùj°Õ)+8$@!
ÊF&à'"$-/?"$bÐ_ÿx%ÿÿG"ÀžO*
(g*/¯/c é'/9/K/Ð/o//“(%Âó/»/Í/ß&‡?™?
1ß?"?4?º?X?j?“/ï'O¢:·?ß/\{O8D$C+@ˆCµ2âSƒñN?C,EO$PdåO0_ãA;›ìDí?Ÿ
MÐV½ôñWAñUîí"R’TSqiñì$ûCCpð P©;
W$Ÿ{2Ð@ðñ½AŠT>*ñ=+Q_ÌZBQWDkTc§
8ÐúPþYÿÿÿc`&åúжTî¦:B\+R”å_÷S+þ\nBU@(l·`:cfe at oRiµZÊ0×#FÞDSAweïC]OÐ<ELpôcMG<y
+@Ûåœ&ÐT.dfBˆpÙÃð¤5u‡s#ð“s¡ržxihà )«ÜD*NDDO®?¾Ž 4åû¼.Â=c.¥T bj‚G
@ò]x‚+jSÑa A
PÐPfê%øRS`ÑñÊ‚Yd
qR€
$HBp
`SAÿ¡pQS\X@¤P =~S¤
T¡
S“[¦3ù3
SY•Tj‚;µžu€nF½¼ð'ç€P®p‚Q,Ëu$MOYÑ€¯cÀ‚ÆŒÁIU«úP/þW=cñ0þYíÚûLsU¿j’Tk’Tll¤ml¤p’Tql¤Ñ€ð*“øRðÉ€ð”`ðòPªðB’TC’TD’TE¢’TF’Tw€ðH’TIª’TJ’TK’TL’TMª’TN’TO’TP’TQ’Tn’^ïpð‘UP¨ð‰PðX’TY’TZJ’T[’T\’T>Å^’Tªc¥`’Ta’Tb’TcJ’Td’Te/Çðg’Ti’T¿î^³óïèu‘/î
ðˆ,Õîå=È3ÿÿåÉËãûAŠ\ùEßå'àà_ :÷ã»øâqbà2(ã!64õÚ5ýá·}^À?f<ðw
c`ñ·
cÄæ<ðë
b_ò1 |¤‚`ñ
õú}ð]ô6ž]ôû€v£¸ÖŸ¤
ÏÐp‚ó±þ33"" ÿ ""13¿þ    cûã@ÿÈ0uG1uñðžâýóñðÚ}ûõüð£2
e• lC3
  †¡ûõ   üðÇW4
7a€
ÿ<5uþþ
6u7u8ÿu@@9uóý1ßÿ-%ÿsAVÿT003.AVJþð èsóa´ÛâÄÖÞó¶‹úß²ôïW[åììåê ò ½ëì‡ô½?ÿ+:$5ÿ2
#
ýÛàÿ") ÿ0"(7&2?<¿<<óµ‹1ý3
þýà
{”ä Láï!"á"½yQ3åéìþ=óñþþw½È ½hð½ ½7a;óÜ@#$`À3t±îò¹çö˜qPÌ
 )
N-#Hor¸ÂtòLB)yO/¿"ackek"|Ý /!Zweig~//¢%hñˆ°/Â+A*øp à/c ickaxøø#N s"ranch°
??¢%7a‡ /•CÄ
oS6M]?o?icconø#žÀ/!Ramâ0›??¤#²¯*,¸P/"ueà9JB)žÁý?1â0Ja'O9O¢#ïûÐÃÀ$•
˜p
  $YðÂX²^Àj$$épå^ò`ŽSabÀª"TC_Y62
]QûZôTøOñcUd^bnYø6[ˆT5¡ûû/oPñ$- ÿçGAGEAñA¢
Zô¿TBULBãEBÌRhò¿TCANÇONCÌRtò¿TTOTODDÌR€ò¿TDRUIDEÌRáa¾U?FOUDRFÌRŒò^¿VTEAGÌR
»X«HAg`HÌR\iIð~aÌRôð½VJONAãSJÌRz€0gLUTãEKÌRÓ²fOITõLÌRÒYANJOõMÌR
éYUBENõNÌR»XRALEãROÌR¤òvTOPñPÌR˜ò¿UOBLIñQÌR°ò¿TABCNãSRÌRjp½VLEMÇEISÌR±\vLE×URTÌRŠiEUÇDEUÌRÌ€ÿgOL×EDVÌR»XET¯OUTWÌRYzS÷TPX¢
ûÙóµPÖðdËc€µP$íqÖ³ñþ³qéÂP˜à$”ä'¯(cpã@ ,b]rô'#53$-
ã@=
"‚'ëphðŽÀ2.„ª":€L€BT„5¡âAã@„³Ð”äƒ"ƒDaN!³Â€q
‚‰€
׆A^!>€C`m€cñ³q¯øtð£ñ¡CODE=û .
€cÈâˆcôôãÇÍaíɧ‹@Q{ÈU€§$ª5±EI1±wò€!#ShUõiUj'€
%®¢œ’¹¢àC
ýN:¯¦@reply
over weekend if I can.

          GM: Groups -

              Warehouse of Ozon   - Arawn, Kiet
              Military Center     - Fremea, Corona, Raban, Jordi, Unali
                                    and Z'leyra.
              Somewhere           - Etain
              To stay at tavern   - Will, Kell

          GM: Military center maps
              Party is about 800 feet south of the SE corner and 700
              feet odd east of that point.  As reminder the building
              perimeter is light up by lanterns about every 50
              feet.  Both floors have wide open windows that can be
              seen in but all rooms seem to be completely dark.
              The main entrance is about 100 feet wide with two sets
              of doors (double doors) on each end like for a lobby.
              The other doors are all single one person doors.  the
              roof is bare except for some exhaust vents.  There is
              a small walkway around the perimeter of the building.
              But otherwise it is all grass accept for the paved
              road to the south east.  The fountain in the south
              front area is about 200 feet south of the main doors.
              A paved walkway leads from the doors to the fountain.
              Around the fountain is about 20 feet of stone.  the
              flag pole has a single lantern shining down.

          GM: Warehouse - It is hard to tell dimensions at this
              point until get closer.  So the map below is what
              it is at this point.  The street is dark with no
              torches and no one seen by Ozon entering the warehouse.

          GM: Maps

    * Military Center / Admin Offices/Community Park

      /I\ - North (top/up) (all maps)

      Scale 1 Row    = 100 feet
            1 Column \  50 feet

               1         2         3         4         5
      12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
     A                                                 %
     B  %%%%%            Open Field                  %%%
     C      %%                                    %%%%%
     D      %%                                  %%
     E   D  %%     __________\___________     %%%%
     F   e  %%     I                    I     %
     G   n   %     I X - Suspected spot I     %   D
     H   s   %     I                    I     %   e
     I   e   %     I      Military      I     %   n W
     J       %     /                    /     %   s o
     K   w   %     I      Center        I     %   e o
     L   o   %     I      2 stories     I     %     d
     M   o   %     I                    I     %     s
     n   d  %%     I                    I     %
     O   s %%%     I_________/\_________I     %%%%%%
     P %%%%%%                                    %%%%%%
     Q                       ,,,                   %%%%
     R                       (*)                    %%%
     S                                   Road to  #####
     T                                    city -> #####
     U                   Open Field
     W                                       Party > P
     Y--------------------------------------------------
               1         2         3         4         5
      12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

     Legend
     %    - Trees
     / /\ - Doors
     (*)  - Fountain
     ,,,  - Flagpole/Monument
     ###  - Road east toward city
     X    - Suspected piece buried under ground
     P    - Party looking at building in darkness.

    The building is about 1000 feet by 1000 feet both floors.
    The fields go north and south half a mile for fun and
    parties.  No trees no bushes just flat open field.  This
    is a recon based on Unali's and Fremea's aerial view.

         * Ozon's warehouse

    Scale 1 Row    - 50 feet
          1 Column - 50 feet

              1        2
     123456789012345679012
    B     ]  I     I
    C  1  ]  I     I ____
    D     ]  I  S  I [
    E_____]  I  t  I [ X
    F        I  r  I [
    G______  I  e  I [___
    H     I  I e  I
    I     I  I t  I
    J  2  I  I     I ____
    K     I  I     I I
    L     I  I     I I 3
    M     I  I    XI I

     1, 2, 3 - Dark warehouses
     X - Ozon's two story warehouse
     1, 2 - 1 story
     3 - 2 stories
     X - Arawn, Kiet south end of he street.

     The street is dotted by many other dark warehouses.
     Ozon's seems to be the only one occupied.

     As always view maps online if it is messed up in email.