[pnpgm] Game Update #85 - File #315 - Time is Burning up

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Thu Apr 24 00:21:55 CEST 2014


   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
      Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #85 in sequence (file #315)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

      Admin Notes: None.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      [Recap]

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           Kiet lands next to the now deceased thief that has
           caused so much grief and retrieves both javelins.  Then he
           walks back to ozon's lifeless body and begins to drag it back
           to the warehouse.  Kiet is actually disappointed in having to
           kill the thief as he had plans for wringing information out of
           him before his demise.  But Kiet wasn't about to let him get
           away.

           Once back to the warehouse, it's time to loot the body!  Oh,
           wait.. .we gotta free Kell and Will.  I guess looting will
           just have to wait.  But drag the body in the door, at least.
         GM: Ack.

         From Unali: [Re: Actions]
           Unali realises that the necklaces must mean the apes were
           controlled in some way. She points to the paes and necklaces.

           Unali to the others:
           "They were controlled. I don't seen anyone nearby. You spot
           someone?"

           If Fremea ponts out the mana spot, Unali will rush there and
           see if there are any traces to follow and where the caster
           could have gone to. She will try to follow whoever sent the
           apes.
         GM: Ack.

         From FremeA: [Re: Actions]
           Seeing Raban down for no reason and finding this spot of magic
           ...here that did it. "Z, there was magic cast on Raban,...
         GM: Ack.

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Checking Raban with her skills Z'leyra determines that
           some magic effect is blocking his lungs. Using her Spell
           Chain and Staff she attempts to dispel the magic with a
           maximum EL dispel/banish. If it doesn't work she will cast a
           max EL Purification and try again. After the magic is gone
           she will help Raban to restart breathing (Ooh! He gets his
           kiss.) And patch and, if he wants, magically heal him.
         GM: Ack.

      --------------------------------------------------------------
      [New Stuff]

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Time: 1:49:33 am - Military Center]

            Z'leyra continues to examine the gentle giant.

            Unali notices the necklaces and determines they must be
          control devices.  That or they are protection against magic.
          The party has encountered at least two Kotothi shamns in the
          past.  The last one who was agile and could jump like a frog
          from his abilities was in the forest.  If it is a wizard it
          would be unusual but if Kotothi it would fit a shaman's typical
          actions.

            Unali speaks out loud, "They were controlled. I don't seen
          anyone nearby. You spot someone?"

            Fremea just glances at Jordi and she is evidently distracted
          by Raban's situation.

            Seeing Raban down for no reason and finding this spot of
          magic having been cast, she quickly surmises that it was whoever
          was here that did it. "Z, there was magic cast on Raban, I don't
          know what, but it was intense." She will look at any possible
          clues to what alignment and how powerful. "There was someone
          here that did it." Pointing at the spot that she senses it to
          be.

            Z'leyra glances over briefly but returns her attention back
          to the wounded Bard.

            Unali joins Fremea at the spot for clues.

            Jordi comes along and watches.  He does sense magic was
          here and fading.  But he figures this was the party.  then
          he realizes what Fremea mentions.

            Jordi and Unali move down the hall to find the person who
          might be around.  There is a very faint musk scent in the
          hall not from Jordi sweating in the run but likely the
          person.

            Fremea wish to go along but her concern for Raban seems to
          dictator her emotions.

            Z'leyra grabs her chain from her satchel and begins to
          cast a dispel spell.  She is unsure what alignment it
          could be so tries Chaos.  Assuming a bad guy she has to
          figure that might work.  She casts the spell words and
          sees Raban is still gurgling and rasping.  She can see
          the life leaving him as the giant chest sags for every
          second that passes.  She estimated at most he has ten
          seconds to live.  Maybe 20 if things are better.

            The shaman realizes if not Choas then maybe Kotothi.
          That might explain the apes as well.  She speaks the
          words of Elder rites and waits.  A few seconds later
          the rasping breathing stops .  Fremea sighs with relief at
          the aura of magic fades from his neck.

            Z'leyra begins to work to revive and cure the giant.

            Down the hall the two move quickly down the dark corridor.
          They are on the hallway south of the hallway the others are
          in.  They find a intersection.  Going north, south and east.
          If the party was to the north they just take it hoping
          the man or person will double back.

            Both men move north toward the stairs that Fremea used
          used to go upstair.

            Z'leyra uses the breath of life to help Raban.  It doesn't
          take long before his breathing is back into place.  She
          examines him and finds no physical damage.  At least on
          the outside but his lungs are probably in major damage.
          There is no telling how much energy the giant lost but
          from he probably lost half his life energy and health
          with ease.

            Down the hall on the east side Unali and Jordi see
          a person descend the stairs.  Jordi raises his sword
          and steps forward.  But Unali stops him.  She sees
          Etain coming down the stairs.

            "Did you see anyone else?"  Jordi asks once he figures
          this Elf must be an ally.

            "No.  Just Varange."  The Etain looks dismayed and
          looks around.

            Unali reels from the news.  Varange?  Here?  Last
          time she saw him was maybe 2 years ago?  The arrogant
          Faerry was worse than Thig.  What is going on here?

            Fremea flies down to join the others.

            Jordi looks up the stairs.  "If the person could
          be hidden from you guys then he could be anywhere
          in this building.  Many rooms.  It could take time
          but we can search room by room?"

            Fremea knows that Varange escaped though if he is
          arrogant enough to watch he might be still around.
          But his words that Will and Kell are in danger seem
          to shake her back to wondering where they are.  If
          on cue Squirt runs down the stairs and circles around
          Fremea's legs.

            Unali looks down at the beast and recalls the words
          Kiet sent in his spell that Will and Kell are in danger
          but did not send much details.

            Down the hall Raban waves Z'leyra off.  He licks his
          lips.  "Tasty.  Eat biscuits with salt today?"

            Z'leyra shoves him in the shoulder slightly and
          asks if he can stand.

            "I'm weak.  But ...where..oh...good.  All okay?...
          I see.  Yes I can stand.  We can deal with my injury
          later if need be.  Let's finish this and find the
          missing item."  Raban struggles to stand.  Z'leyra
          dares not help or she would be crushed.  The giant
          takes a few steps and then moves down the hall to
          join Fremea.

            Raban with weakened steps asks Fremea. "Did you find
          the piece?"

            Outside in the west Korlic enters the forest.  he
          knows his pets are dead.  But he can get more.  He
          senses a presence in the trees.  "Did  you get what
          you wanted?"  He asks in his scratchy voice.

            Sitting in a tree Varange dangles his feet with
          some joy.  "Yes."

            "Let's go back in and finish this."

            "No.  We will deal with them later.  I made a promise
          to meet her in two weeks.  It is up to her if she does."

            "Give me the piece."

            Varange laughs.  "It is useless without the final
          piece.  We shall have it in a couple weeks."  Varnge
          stands on the limb.  Then he flies up into the skies.
          "You know the place.  Deal with him then get back to me."

            Korlic grits his teeth in anger.


                              -----------------

          [Time: 1:49:58 am - Samma city, Donara]
          [Ozon's Warehouse - Phase 10]

            Kiet starts to drag Ozon back o the warehouse.

            Inside the faerry swarm the hapless guard in the cage.
          They punch, claw, hit with wings and feet and one sta`bs
          at with his own sword.

            Outside the cage Arawn can't risk finishing off the last
          guard without hitting others.  He considers fascinationo
          but it is clear the end is near.  He considers dropping his
          invisibility spell but would need a spell to end it.  He
          looks around for any other guards but sees no one.

            In seconds the faerry finish the guard off with a few
           stabs and neck claw swipes.  They continue to pummel the
           dead guard in anger.

            Arawn speaks in Faerry Sidh, "There was another guard," he
           informed them. "Keep a watch while I see to my friends in the
           cage."

            Inside the cage the Faerry look toward the voice in the
          air then realize it may be the one who freed them.  They
          silently exit the cage and look around.  Two tending to
          the dead faerry.

            Inside the cage Kell mumbles, "Will the party end."

            Arawn grins a bit on hearing the half-Elf's voice.  Guess
          he thought the fae were partying.

            Kiet enters the door dragging the thief through the
          threshold. This startles a couple Faerry who realize
          the voice must be someone else.

            Seeing the thief the thief the Faerry curse and
          shout.  Several pick up the dead guard's swords and
          fly toward the thief.  Kiet seeing this horde of
          flying wings decides to get out of the way as the
          Faerry descend on the dead thief to seek revenge.

            Kell sits up as Will begins to rouse up slowly.

            "The one who freed you, is he alright?"  Arawn asks to the
          Faerry outside the cage not seeing what they are doing.

            Then Arawn looks up to see Kiet step up at the cage door
          and realizes his answer.

            Will finally looks up and realizes what is going on.  One
          minute he was in the hotel room the next here in this cage.

            Upstairs the documents that Kiet ignored finish their burning.
          The documents that contained the location of other Faerry
          slaves.  Location of loot caches.  Information on fences, local
          government officials bribed into service and location of stolen
          items go up in flames.

            But Ozon was a careful man.  He had a plan in case the
          local guards stormed the place.  The plan is already smoking
          down the hole.  The basket on fire triggers a wick and fuse
          on the table.  The fuse burns toward the wall and inside
          a cut small shaft.

            The slow moving fuse runs up the length of the inside
          wall.  It reaches the ceiling of the first floor and moves
          along the floor, the roof in the first floor, toward the
          center of the room.  Just above the open barrel of massive
          oil in the center of the room.

            The first to see the smoke is Kiet.  He eyes the roof
          and sees it moving fast.  Kell then notices.  Kell can
          smell the oil. though he is groggy he figures it out.
          "Run!"

            Time seems to slow as the Faerry look back at the
          half-Elf.  Will now on his feet is unsure what he
          just said but seems to be desperate.  That is when
          the fuse reaches the center of the ceiling.  A few
          sparks fly and this cuts the hanging burning lantern
          to fall.

            Arawn considers his options he could do some fancy
          magic but time is almost up.

            The Faerry seeing freedom at the door flies toward
          the front door with the dead Faerry.

            Kell reaches the door second.  Kiet with his boots
          still active runs past him.

            Arawn and Will try to make it to the door just as
          the lantern hits the oil.

            A very loud flash of light then a shock wave as the
          explosion shoots mostly upwards.  The burning oil hits
          the ceiling and then divides in every direction in
          the room.

            Upstairs the other barrels full of Naptha and oil
          also explode from their own fuses.

            Will shoves Arawn toward the door as the fiery
          oil begins to rain down.  Kiet reaches for Arawn just
          as the oil hits the area of the door.  But Will is
          still groggy and is hit by the oil.  He is shoved forward
          with his back on fire.

            Arawn in horror looks back to see Will hit the threshold
          of the door just as other barrels and wood explode.
          The place will be in total blaze in moments.

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update...Monday...

          GM: Wow. Ok.  I was not expecting that.  I knew the trap
              was set.  But the rolls just were bad for Will.  Sorry!
              What to do now?  Sorry for delay was busy Monday night.

              Arawn - I know use magic to save day. But your attention
                was too distracted to not see it.

              Z'leyra - Couldn't use Purification as if did the time
                might've killed Raban.  So it was a Int judgement
                roll to see if should use the time to save him or not.

          GM: Spells active
                Arawn  -  Invisibility  Ends 1:52:11

          GM: Mana report updated.

          GM: Groups -

              Warehouse of Ozon   - Arawn, Kiet, Will, Kell
              Military Center     - Fremea, Corona, Raban, Jordi, Unali
                                    and Z'leyra, Etain






More information about the pnpgm mailing list