[pnpgm] Game Update #81 - File #303 - Samma Combat Phase 3+4

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Apr 1 06:40:44 CEST 2014


   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
      Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #81 in sequence (file #303)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

      Admin Notes: None.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      [Recap]

          [None]

      --------------------------------------------------------------
      [New Stuff]

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Time: 1:49:07 am - Military Center - Phase 3]

            Fremea considers the situation.  If she leaves Etain he
          could die.  If she helps him he could still die.  She could
          go after Fremea and beat some answers out of him.  But might
          be just falling into his trap.  She shrugs and ignores Etain's
          last words to not save him.  He may be a old fashioned annoying
          teacher but he should not die here tonight.  She has no true
          healing skill like Z'leyra but she does know Etain has only
          moments.  Recently she learned the Healing Mist spell from
          Arawn but she knows that Etain would be unable to move and
          in a coma for the spell.  He has to hold the dagger or die.
          So she has no choice but to do a healing spell on him and
          at the same time pull the dagger away hoping the spell will
          compensate any damage.

            Fremea places her hands on his left shoulder and other
          undamaged section of chest.  She speaks the healing words
          and sees nothing.  No energy escapes her hands and no healing
          is done.  She grumbles either the Elf is blocking her or
          her anger is messing with her.

            Raban tries to grapple and punch the ape again but the animal
          is so agile and slips from his grasp.

            Unali draws one dagger up and thrusts at Thug #4 and #5.
          The normal dagger hits Thug #5 doing 5 points in his left
          shoulder but the magical dagger fails to hit the other thug.

            The ape swings his club at Raban but fails to hit the
          man as he shifted over so slightly.

            The second ape claws at Z'leyra hits her chest but her armor
          protects against the strike.

            Z'leyra swings her war staff and hits the ape she is fighting
          in the side of his ribs doing 12 points of damage.

            Thug #5 swings his pick at Thug #4 and hits him in the
          left arm doing 2 points of damage.

            Thug #4 swings his metal bar at Thug #5 but fails to
          hit the man when his arm is wounded.

            Thug #3 moves toward Unali.  He thrusts at her chest
          with his dagger but fails to hit.


          [Time: 1:49:10 am - Military Center - Phase 4]

            Fremea realizes if Etain wants to be dead why doesn't
          he just shift the dagger a inch to his heart.  Instant
          death.  Fremea growls under her breath and realizes this
          must be another one his stupid tests.  If he wasn't close
          to death she would slap him.

            but Fremea can tell his hands are shaking and that means
          he will soon falter.  She places her hands back into position
          and starts the spell again.  This time she sees the blue
          healing energy leave and into his chest.  She moves toward
          the dagger as the energy starts to healing his wound. She
          inches the dagger away.  It clears the chest cavity even
          with Etain seeming to resist.  The dagger wound seems to
          heal as she inches the dagger upwards.  Then Etain seems
          to lose consciousness as the shock rakes him.

            Fremea drops the bloody dagger to the carpet and
          inspects Etain.  The wound on him is not major but it
          was in the location.  A light wound for most places but
          for the heat critical.  But the damage healed is over
          8 points and there is only a very small scar and nick
          in his chest in his tunic.  She checks his pulse and
          finds it steady and he seems to recover.  But he could
          use the rest.  She stands and looks to the window.  She
          can hear the very faint of noise below.  A clank here
          and grunt carried up the stairs.

            Raban punches the ape and hits doing 5 points to the
          hairy beast.

            Unali turns her attention to Thug #3 since the other two
          seem to be fighting each other.  The normal dagger hits him
          in the left upper chest doing the damage to kill him while
          he magical damage misses.

            Ape fighting Raban swings his club again but the Bard
          does a dance style move and slips behind the ape.

            The other ape claws at Z'leyra's neck and throat but
          her armor protects against the severe hit.

            Z'leyra swings her staff at the ape at his legs trying
          to trip him but the ape leaps up and she misses.

            Thug #5 thrusts his dagger at #4 but misses.

            Thug #4 swings his metal bar at Thug #5 and hits him in
          the chest doing the final remaining damage to kill him.



                                 -----------------

          [Time: 1:49:37 am - Samma city, Donara]
          [Ozon's Warehouse - Phase 3]

            Kiet does a quick scan of the room again.  He decides
          to activate his magical boots given to him by the Old Wizard.
          The man is about 140-150 feet.   That is just beyond the
          reach of the spell he is told by the notes on the boots.
          But it can reach 90 feet with a large radius.  That alone
          should reach the man, hopefully.  He tapes the boots and
          and activates it directly the spell toward the man.

            Kiet taps the gem on the javelin twice.  Then he throws
          the magical javelin toward the man closest to him. He
          hurls the javelin but it flies past the man missing him
          entirely.

            Kiet's spell lands nearby the cages and activates.  The
          man is unaware but suddenly feels dazed as if hit by a
          hammer.  He reaches for the bars to brace himself but
          falls backwards and rolls a couple feet.

            Downstairs Arawn draws his sword and charges toward the
          man moving toward the cage with his friends.  But he ends
          up 5 feet away from him.

            Kiet draws his tulwar and charges the man.  With his sudden
          burst of speed from his boots he reaches the man quickly and
          impales him in the right ribs doing 9 points killing him before
          he even saw Kiet.

            Downstairs the men continue to argue with the bouncer.

            But the thug that is nearby Arawn gets to the cage
          and unlocks it with a set of keys. He draws his sword
          and enters to dispose of the captives.  He kicks Will
          and then draws his sword up for the killing blow when
          a slap is heard in the background.  The bouncer is thrown
          a punch by the guard near him.  the bouncer returns the
          blow and a fist fight ensues.  The thug inside the cage
          turns to see if he is needed and steps back outside of
          the cage.

            The man affected by the tumble spell tries to get to his
          feet but the vertigo is too much and falls to the ground
          looking up.

            The faerry startled by the death of their fellow Faerry
          He considers freeing his friends or fleeing.  The strange
          human seems to be doing something but the barrels are blocking
          their view.  The Faerry decides to fly out of the cage and
          toward the town man.  The faerry can sense magic going on
          but seems to not affect him.  In fact the tumble spell only
          affects the ground.  So if in flight the creatures should
          be fine.  But if they land.  The faerry hovers over the
          man and reaches for the discarded sword.  the faerry
          thrusts the sword at the man's stomach.  But either his
          skill or lack of it is so bad he misses in his hasty move.


          [Time: 1:49:40 am - Samma city, Donara]
          [Ozon's Warehouse - Phase 4]

            Arawn sees his luck change.  It is funny how fate can
          help out.  If he hadn't got the bouncer as a thrall
          his friends would now be dead.  Slipping right at the man's
          right side and unseen he impales the man and kills him
          instantly.

            Kiet moves away from the dead guard and moves toward
          the cages.  It will take time to dispell the spell but
          he sees the faerry trying to swing a sword at the man.
          It would be poetic justice for the captive to kill
          the captor.  But allies are always better.  he moves
          toward the far south cage and taps the lock with the
          sapphire gem.  Unlocking the door he motions for the
          three faerry to flee.

            The three faerry escape and quickly go to help the
          one with the sword.  One of them a female lands on
          the ground and is immediately slammed to her face.  The
          other two use wings and claws.

            The faerry with the sword knicks the man in the shoulder
          doing 2 points.  Another claws at his arm doing 3 more
          points.  While the third faerry misses his strike.


          [Current Time]
          [Time: 1:49:10 am - Military Center - Phase 4]
          [Time: 1:49:40 am - Samma city, Donara]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Friday...

          GM: A small update but enough to do for now.  Had some
              fun last week but back to work.

              Arawn - Will consider the healing order still for
              the next 2 actions.  If Ozon is not here or below
              (that you saw) he could be in the office to your right.
              Behind the closed door.

              Kiet - So you will dispell the tumble spell or just
              let the faerry attack the man first?  Will use your
              emailed actions if no new actions.

              Fremea - Still can go after Varange or join the
              action downstairs.

              Unali - One person left of the 5 humans.  I assume
              finish him off (death strikes no KO) and then join
              the others.  Which ape would you like to help Raban
              or Z'leyra?

          GM: Mana report updated with mana/experience.

          GM: Spells active
                Arawn  -  Invisibility  Ends 1:52:11
                Kiet   -  Tumble        Ends 1:51:37

          GM: Groups -

              Warehouse of Ozon   - Arawn, Kiet, Will, Kell
              Military Center     - Fremea, Corona, Raban, Jordi, Unali
                                    and Z'leyra, Etain
          GM: Maps


    * Military Center / Admin Offices/Community Park

      /I\ - North (top/up) (all maps)

      Scale 1 Row    = 100 feet
            1 Column \  50 feet

               1         2         3         4         5
      12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
      --------------------------------------------------
     A                                                 %
     B  %%%%%            Open Field                  %%%
     C      %%                                    %%%%%
     D      %%                                  %%
     E   D  %%     __________\___________     %%%%
     F   e  %%     I                    I     %
     G   n   %     I X<- Party combat   I     %   D
     H   s   %     I                    I     %   e
     I   e   %     I      Military      I     %   n W
     J       %     /                    /     %   s o
     K   w   %     I      Center        I     %   e o
     L   o   %     I      2 stories     I     %     d
     M   o   %     I                    I     %     s
     n   d  %%     I                    I     %
     O   s %%%     I_________/\_________I     %%%%%%
     P %%%%%%                                    %%%%%%
     Q                       ,,,                   %%%%
     R                       (*)                    %%%
     S                                   Road to  #####
     T                                    city -> #####
     U                   Open Field
     V
     W
     X
     Y--------------------------------------------------
               1         2         3         4         5
      12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890


     Legend
     %    - Trees
     / /\ - Doors
     (*)  - Fountain
     ,,,  - Flagpole/Monument
     ###  - Road east toward city
     X    - Spot generally of combat

    The building is about 1000 feet by 1000 feet both floors.
    The fields go north and south half a mile for fun and
    parties.  No trees no bushes just flat open field.  This
    is a recon based on Unali's and Fremea's aerial view.

         * Ozon's warehouse

    Scale 1 Row    - 50 feet
          1 Column - 50 feet

              1        2
     123456789012345679012
    A
    B     ]  I     I
    C  1  ]  I     I ____
    D     ]  I  S  I [
    E_____]  I  t  I [ X
    F        I  r  I [
    G______  I  e  I [___
    H     I  I  e  I
    I     I  I  t  I
    J  2  I  I     I ____
    K     I  I     I I
    L     I  I     I I 3
    M     I  I     I I

     1, 2, 3 - Dark warehouses
     X - Ozon's two story warehouse
     1, 2 - 1 story
     3 - 2 stories

     The street is dotted by many other dark warehouses.
     Ozon's seems to be the only one occupied.

     * Ozon'a warehouse

       Scale - 1 Row    = 10 feet  300' x 200'
               1 Column = 10 feet

         First floor
                     1         2         3
            123456789012345678901234567890
            ______________________________
            I @@@@@@    o o o o ,,,    ooI A   / - Door
            I @*  *@                    oI B   , - Stairs up
            I @    @                    oI C   @ - Table/work area
            I    13     ##  ##  ##  ##   I D   : - Wooden cage
            /    G4     ##  ##  ##  ##   / E   * - Chair
            I           ##  ##  ##  ##   I F   # - Crates
            I              A             I G   o - Barrels
            I      ____   ____   ____    I H   $ - Wagon/horses
            I      :  :   :KW:   :  :    I I   1-4 Thugs
            I______:__:___:__:___:__:____I J
                                               K, W - Kell, Will
                                 $$$
                                 $$$           G-gatekeeper/bouncer

        A - Arawn [G16]
        1, 3, 4 - Guards
        2 - Dead, off map


         Second floor
                     1         2         3
            123456789012345678901234567890
            ______________________________
            I  _____   o o o    ,,,      I A   , - Stairs down
            I  :  f:FF                   I B   / - Door
            I  :___F5F @@@               I C   * - Chair
            I  :F  :   @@@               I D   # - Desk/table
            I  :F__:             ____/___I E   @ - Crates
            I  :   :             I *     I F   o - Barrels
            I  :   :K            I     * I G   : - Metal cages
            I  : _ :             I###    I H
            I                    I *#  * I I   F - Faerry
            I____________________I_______I J

            f - Dead faerry
            6 - Off map, dead
            5 - Guard, on ground affected by Tumble
            K - Kiet [G9]


   * Military Center hallway section

                            Room of
                             light
       ________/_______________/__________________
/  \__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/A  / - Door
\__/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ U\__/  \__/  \__/  \B  _ - Wall
/  \__I  \__/  BZ_/  \__/  \__4  \__/  \__/  \__/C  I - Wall
\__/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \D
/  \__I AR__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/E  /I\ - North
\__/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \F  1 Hex = 10 feet
/  \__I  \__/ ________________/__________________G  1 Row - 5 feet
       I       I                                     1 Column  - 5 feet
          1         2         3         4         5
12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

     Light shines from door on column 30  Shines in a cone arc
     toward the south up to about column 24 and 36.  So all
     humans are in the light but Fremea is not.

     R - Raban      [E10]      1-5 - Male Humans
     Z - Z'leyra    [C17]        1 - Off map, Knocked out
     U - Unali      [B30]        2 - Off map, Dead
     A - Great Ape  [E9 ]        3 - Off Map, Dead
     B - Great Ape  [C16]        5 - Off Map, Dead

    As always use website if maps mess up or ask.

  Map Updates:
    1 -Warehouse 1st/2nd floors - position updates
    2 -Military center hallway  - position update





More information about the pnpgm mailing list