[pnpgm] Game Update #54 - File #265 - When animals attack

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Fri Oct 18 05:38:45 CEST 2013

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
     .NPC...............YY..Niko..............Bearer..Normal/Human  ..Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #54 in sequence (file #216)

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           When Kiet sees Fremea with the haul from the safe, he gets a
           concerned look.  "I don't think it's wise to rob ....

           If Kiet witnesses any of the animal actions, he says "it...

           If/when we all get together Kiet reminds the group "we ...
         GM: Ack.   Changed Admiral to Burz since wrong place.

         From Tobie: [Re: Correction]
           <It wasn't the Admirals house. It was the first house with
           the painting.>
         GM: Ack. Correct.  Glad your paying attention. :)  Usually
             it is Arawn who makes massive notes and comes back to
             me months later to "recall this?" :).

         From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
           The day weighs more and more on Fremea. It seems to take...

           Frustration has set in deeper, her anger raising even more

           After finding nothing of use at the gallery, she eyes Unali ...

           Grabbing everything from the safe, as they make their exit, ...

           Just as she finishes her sentence, the horses start to ...

           She casts her teleport to get back to the Inn they are
           staying at. <EL 3 should be good enough to get to the
           room in the Inn and take Unali and Kiet.>
           "Get everyone together, we are getting out of here."

           Turning on the Elf in the room (assuming he is in the room still),

           (Obviously, it there is something going on outside of the
           room still, she will interrupt (or wait) to say all of that
           afterward.)
         GM: Ack.

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           Yes, one of the players pointed out that the first house
           was not the admiral's house.

           Also, the Kiet comments about the animals is basically after
           Kiet hears about the animal problems.  If he does.
         GM: Ack.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           During Etain's story:
           "Who ordered the Chief Scholar not to report to the...
           ___________

           Arawn remained in his seat as the others rose from...

          [Sepes 28th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Salaqara, Donara]

          [Time: 7:03pm - North Salaqara - Blue Jaw Bone Inn]

            While Etain finishes his story, Arawn considers
          all the words.  The Elf seems to be hiding little or
          at least a good liar.  His emotions are clearly a blur
          at times from excitement to dismay to hope.  It is hard
          to pinpoint the Elf down.  It is like interrogating
          a  person who is in denial of murder.

            The Alfar asks, "Who ordered the Chief Scholar not to
          report to the Monarchs about Fremea's parents death?"

            "That I did not learn.  Must remember that he was a bit
          insane at the end.  Even for a Faerry.  His mind was
          a mess as it decayed while he was alive.  I do suspect
          it was in the Monarch's inner circle.  At the time I
          did not have the power or priviledge to just go around
          asking the court.  I was a guest and so had to at least
          act the part."  The Elf looks to Arawn with a sign of
          hope that maybe the Alfar can find the truth since
          his rank is almost as high as a human king in some circles.

            Arawn asks another question, "Who threatened her
          parents?"

            Etain looks away,  "I am not positive. But I still
          think it was a Faerry.  The only non-humans in Avalon
          at that time was myself and a human child who was found
          in the forest alone.  As to which one it was I can't
          say.  I know this is sketchy information.  But I suspect
          if we ever can get back to Avalon we can find out more."

            Soon the dinner is over and most leave to find a quick
          stretch or a room if they do intend to stay the night.

            Arawn remained in his seat as the others rose from the
          table, the druid choosing to keep Raban and Etain company.
          The prizzti's story interested him but the tension had grown
          nearly palpable in Fremea's presence and the Alfar refrained
          from speaking until now. Perhaps with the air a bit clearer
          the outcast elf might be more open to sharing more of the
          story.

            "I didn't realize that either of you know Varange. He had
          spent time with some in this party. What's the relationship
          like between the three of you?," Arawn asked.

            Raban looks to the Alfar, "I actually never met him.  I
          heard stories at Cholan's place only."

            Arawn stares and notices the room now empty seems to
          calm down a bit.  "I only saw him in passing.  When
          Fremea was born he was maybe 8 or 9?  He was arrogant
          now.  He was the warrior's warrior.  Learning magic
          and combat early on.  Later on he became Lord Marshall
          of the Faerry forces.  His rank in terms of military
          puts him one step below the monarchs.  I heard he
          helped out in Clima helping some group against some
          threat.  But I have not heard much of late."

            As he listened to the response Arawn's mind churned, the
          Alfar recalling stories of the faery's challenging nature
          and his thoughts steering, in particular, towards the rumors
          of the faerry's hunt for a powerful item in the area. Was it
          possible that Varange had an interest in the Kotothi device?

            Etain seems to notice Arawn and adds, "he works for the
          monarchs out of the homeland.  If it serves the Monarchs
          then he will serve their will.  If he has to defend
          the Monarchs and thus the Fae then he will do so.  He
          takes that role very seriously.  Almost fanatical."

            Arawn nods, "I had heard he was active in the area... on
          the hunt for an item of power. A curious thing. By any chance
          would you know the truth to this?"

            Etain raises a hand and shrugs, "Sadly as I've said.  I'm
          out of the loop as the humans say.  I've not been to Avalon
          in a long time.  If the Marshall is out there he is doing
          what they wish.  Faerry and in general Sidh items and
          knowledge are always being sought out for.  When the Sidh
          lost their power in the world due to humans that power
          was lost in knowledge.  So there are agents, even human
          ones, who are active to find such knowledge and items."

            After hearing Etain's story Fremea just leaves the room.
          Standing inside the main dining area of the inn she watches
          the people eating and talking.  All cherry and bright eyes
          for the future.  No worries or lost parent's or friends who
          depend on them.  She watches a cute girl around 4 picking
          at her feed and laughing.  Children are the things that
          seem to calm her down.  But then she looks away and
          her anger falls back in like the tide.

            Frustration has set in deeper, her anger raising even more
          towards this whole thing. The painting is not working, the elf
          is even more useless than she ever thought possible. She still
          has trouble believing that her parents choose to leave her there
          in his care. That they even faked their death to make sure some
          'bad' guy didn't come into her life. Yet, she has a strange
          feeling it is true, or at least partially. She needs some night
          air.

            Fremea moves to find Unali and Kiet for a short mission.

            Niko approaches Kiet for orders that night.

            Kiet looks for Niko when they get to the Inn.  "Niko, you
          head home for the night.  Please return tomorrow morning.  You
          will be paid for that day whether I use you or not."  Kiet then
          pays Niko for his day, and 50% more for good measure.

            Kiet hands him 6 Brass Bits for the work for today.  Niko
          just shrugs.  The kid clearly had a easy day carrying a single
          bag for some rich guy who was too lazy to do it himself.  But
          he'll have some stories for his friends.  Kiet just hopes he
          doesn't share his tales with local authorities.

                                 --------------

          [Time: 7:32pm - North Salaqara - Art Gallery]

            Fremea exits the gallery disgusted.  At least this site
          was not Etain as he was with the party for the last few
          hours.  So there has to be a separate person behind this
          and one step ahead of the party.

            After finding nothing of use at the gallery, she eyes Unali
          and Kiet with something mixed of sadness and anger. "I am so
          tired of not knowing what is going on." She says to none of
          them in particular.

                                 --------------

          [Time: 8:17pm - North Salaqara - Burz's house]

            Approaching the Burz's home Fremea relays the day's event to
          herself in her mind.  She grits her teeth as Etain taught her
          that. Mistakes are made when one does not recall the past and
          plan for the future he always said.

            The day weighs more and more on Fremea. It seems to take
          more energy and attention to even care about this whole thing.
          Just getting to each place too late. Somehow this Elf is the
          problem. It has always been this way to her. Never quite getting
          right when he is around. She will have to leave him behind for
          a bit, but only after he tells her everything.

            Fremea exits the house and finds the others.

            Grabbing everything from the safe, as they make their exit,
          taking care to not leave any of their traces behind. Kiet
          looking a little bit strange about her just looting it all.
          "I don't know what is important any more. If there is anything
          here that can help us, I am taking it." As they walk down the
          street, she contemplates something. Talking out loud, "It seems
          there is something or someone that knows exactly what our next
          step is before we get there or even know what it is our self.
          It is time to go now."

            Unali walks in silent among the shadows of the dark street.  She
          is probably the most skilled in intrigue. After all she has been
          in the royal court and dealt with it.  But there are pieces of
          this puzzle still missing.  She starts to consider all the
          facts she knows and the new ones learned from Etain about
          Fremea.  Maybe she can figure something out to help the small
          Faerry.

                                 --------------

          [Time: 8:32pm - South Salaqara]

            Kiet watches the errant horse running away with the
          riderless wagon.  Then down the street he sees another
          horse buck his rider.

            Kiet turns to the other two, "it seems someone might be
          throwing around some 'wildness' spells to cause problems."

            Unali just shows her usual emotionless face.  Clearly
          the use of magic does not ebb from her being like the
          others.  She has magical toys but using magic is far
          beyond her ability.

            Fremea is happy she has friends to help in this quest.
          She would go mad thinking of ways alone to deal with it.
          Then the horses start to act wild. "I can teleport all three
          of us."

            Before the acrobat can protest, after all he had a nice
          full stomach and wine, she grabs him and Unali.  Then casts
          the spell quickly.  Not knowing who is in the room or alley
          the Faerry teleports the group to the roof.  At most she
          figures she will startle Corona only.

            Inside the inn The wolf lunges for Will who was taken by
          surprise from behind.  Will is knocked to his knees and the
          wolf comes around and clamps down on Will's right arm drawing
          a severe bite.  Will startled by this sudden attack tries to
          pull his left arm up to deflect but the wolf seems so intent
          on drawing blood it momentarily weakens the woodsman.

            Down below in the main dining area Squirt is chewing on the
          ear of the gambler that was playing with Kell.  Kell looks
          startled by this.  Did the animal sense cheating?  Kell
          reaches for the animal and tries to pull him away but the
          animal turns and tries to bite Kell's fingers.

            Outside a man is heard yelling.  As Z'leyra goes over to
          help Kell with the angry animal the door is burst open.  A
          man in his late 40s walks in with the seat of his pants on
          fire.  He is screaming and looks for help.  Z'leyra turns
          and sees the man running for the bar.  That would not do
          well to fix booze with fire.  She stops the man and plots
          him down onto a spit bucket.  It isn't much but the bar
          tender then gets a bucket of water he sues for cleaning
          and pours it over the man's backside.

            "A bird!....white thing..it chased me and my pants caught
          on fire!"  The man explains.

            Z'leyra looks to the door could that be Corona?

            On the roof Kiet and Unali look for a way down.  But then
          they hear a child moaning and screaming in panic.  Unali and
          Fremea rush to the side of the east roof and look down.  There
          a child of maybe 8 or 9 is running down the alley.  Behind
          him is Corona flapping and shooting red flame from his eyes
          toward the ground.

            Fremea doesn't think, removing her dress she flips over
          the side.  If she has to kill the eagle she will.  No kid
          will be hurt because of her today and the lack of finding
          the first piece.

            Inside the inn Arawn and Raban hear the noise from the
          hallway and rush outside to find Will and the wolf entangled
          like a pair of wrestling giants.  The wolf is trying to
          get to Will's neck but the woodmsn is trying to parry with
          one good arm and kicking with his feet.  Raban rushes forward
          and bashes the wolf on his back, not enough to kill but
          to stun him.

            Inside the gambler is reaching up to block his eyes while
          noticing his earlobe is missing likely in the animal.  The
          gambler stands just as Squirt lunges for Kell.  Kell ducks
          and draws up his shield on the table and blocks the animal
          deflecting the Squirt to the ground.

            Z'leyra rushes outside to find Corona.  Then she also hears
          the noise in the alley.  Running she sees Corona moving toward
          some boxes or crates.

            Unali sees the alley is about 20 feet to the ground.  But
          below there is a stack of crates about 5 feet.  But she
          is unsure Fremea can get to the kid in time.  She places
          one leg over the ledge and hops down to the stack of crates
          hoping they are sturdy enough to hold her.

            The kid is now hiding behind a barrel with a crate on top
          cowering in fear.  Fremea flies toward the enrages animal
          and draws her dagger.

            Z'leyra sees Fremea flying toward Corona and realizes it
          will be too late.  She yells out for Corona to stop.

            Corona zaps the crate on the barrel sending it a blaze
          just as Unali hits the stack of crates.  The first crate
          crumples falling into the second. Unali falls an additional
          3 feet before the collapsing tower stops.  Unali was prepared
          so rolls to the side and to the ground.  Not worried about
          her own injury, a mild kink in her ankle, she moves toward
          the child.

            Inside Raban sees the wolf lunge for him but Raban's
          large gauntleted hands just reach up and grabs the wolf
          in mid leap.  With snapping jaws just inches from his
          face the giant squeezes.

            Squirt runs towards Kell's left leg and clamps down
          piercing skin.

            Outside Corona eyes Fremea and she notices a flicker of
          fire at the back of his eyes about ready to fire and likely
          fry the faerry.  Time seems to stop or slow down.  The eagle's
          wings flap so slow now as if hovering like Fremea.  Then
          time speeds up.  Then Corona just suddenly gets within 3 feet
          of Fremea and rises upwards to the sky.  Fremea gives chase
          and then suddenly the eagle lands on the roof.

            Inside Squirt stops gnawing on Kell's nice new pants leg.

            On the roof Kiet backs up having seen the sight and hopes
          that Corona won't turn on him.  But yet the eagle looks up
          and down the alley.  Fremea hovers a few feet away and just
          stares.  The bird is doing nothing now?

            Inside the inn Arawn watches as Raban holds the wolf and sees
          the wolf stop growling.  The pressure in his head seems to ebb
          as well.  Something powerful around the Alfar just stopped.
          Whatever it was it was of great power.

            Z'leyra stares up at the roof in confusion at Corona who is
          looking down as if nothing happened.

            Fremea looks down to see Unali holding the child.  That
          is when the now man rushes down the alley.  Z'leyra sees
          the man rush by and see his butt cheeks are showing where
          the fire took his pants.  He rushes to his son and hugs
          him.  "Your okay?"  Unali nods and hopes the man doesn't
          look up to see Corona.

            Still holding the dagger Fremea moves toward the roof not
          to be seen by the father.  All the while staring at Corona.
          Looks like the spell or whatever has worn off.

            Kiet looks around the roof to find no way down but Unali
          tells him there is a drainage pipe he can use.  The man and
          child rush away and disappear.

            Fremea grabs her dress and floats to the ground to enter
          the inn.

                              --------------

          [Time: 8:51pm - South Salaqara]

            Kiet watches the events earlier and the madness at the
          Inn.  He brushes fingers through his hair.  "we have to leave
          this town soon!  The spells left at the Burz's house won't
          last the day, then they will be hunting us down!"

            Of course Kiet is more worried that HE may be tracked.  Who
          knows some wizard could track the person who cast the illusion
          on the painting.  He will have to talk to the others to see
          if that is even possible.

            Minutes pass as the wounds are treated.  The gambler states
          that Kell should pay him for his lost earlobe and the lost
          chips on the ground.

            Arawn inspects Will's arm to find it badly bloody and
          full of teeth marks.  Z'leyra inspects the missing earlobe
          and explains he can live without it.  Disgusted the man
          gathers up his coins and rushes out of the mad house saying
          he will never return to this place if animals are allowed
          inside.

                                 --------------

          [Time: 8:57pm - South Salaqara]

            Fremea gathers everyone around, "Get everyone together, we
          are getting out of here."

            Gathered in the private dining area they had their meal
          in she explains the vision of the painting.  That the pieces
          from the final object.  The final object seemed to have
          disrupted the human army by forcing dogs and horses to
          go berserk.   This has to be what just occurred.  But if
          it could happen from her to where they teleported from
          miles away then this is a powerful piece on its own.

            Fremea places the loot from the Burz house on the table
          not caring for it anymore.  If the painting illusion fades
          then they can say it was a robbery now with gold missing.
          It would have to be a thief with insane tastes in art but
          it could at least buy some time.

            Kiet opens the bag and finds 36 Donaran gold and 18
          silver and a handful of copper with brass bits.  For
          those who read Salaq the papers are nothing more than
          love letters or letters from his mother.  Why a man
          would safe letters from his mother seems odd.  But that
          is for a healer to diagnosis mental issues.

            After explaining the vision from the painting Fremea adds,
          "I have a feeling that this is from the one piece that we
          missed. Though I am loathe to heed this Elf anymore, it seems
          that if I don't get those other pieces, our nation is at stake
          again."

            Raban shakes his head, "Not just this nation.  If they can
          use it on large scale they could ravage the world."

            Etain enters the private eating area, "reports are that
          at least a dozen are dead.  Even a ship a mile from shore
          was struck.  They report their lambs and sheep just attacked
          their men.  They had to get docked quickly to find help for
          the men.  At least one man reports his mother was killed
          by her 46 cats.  Many have been trampled by horses.  At leas
          tone teen boy was killed by a dog attack.  I hate to say
          it but this may give the guards distraction away from us."

            Fremea glares at the Elf, ignoring that a kid was killed.

            Fremea turns to the others and asks for a vote.  When they
          should leave?  Now or in the morning.   But before she waits
          for an answer she grabs Etain.  She tells him in no certain
          glares to follow.

            Etain follows upstairs to the room with the painting.
          She notices the blood on the ground where Will was attacked.
          Arawn hands Will over to Z'leyra and rushes after Fremea.
          It would be no good to have the Elf killed now.  He will
          have to mediate if possible.

            Inside the room Etain walks in and Fremea grabs the
          Elf by tunic and slams him against the wall. "I have been too
          quiet with you, I am tired of you not telling me the important
          pieces to this. You say I am important and that I have a greater
          purpose to the Fae, but no one has told me what it is. Though
          you have shown great restraint in not telling about it, you
          have also not told me something else that I know is important.
          You will tell me, now."

            Arawn enters the room having just heard the demand from
          the small Faerry.

            Etain looks shocked but nods, "The Monarchs told me that
          their power has declined for centuries.  Ever since man
          appeared.  The Sidh lives with nature in harmony.  But
          many Sidh."  He points to Fremea and then himself.  "Wish
          to find that power again.  The Monarchs were aware of
          a great one that would find such power.  The One would
          be born and trained.  They said he or she would have
          the taint of the gods.  The conveyance or desire of
          the gods.  Given the affirmative to follow through.  They
          believed this for the longest time.  They inspected all
          Faerry born in Avalon and had quiet inspections of Faerry
          abroad.  Oberon said it would be a Faerry.  Titania believed
          it would be outside like a Elf or other Sidh.   Thus this
          is why you were inspected and tested.  Oberon believed you
          were the one.  The Chief Scholar believed otherwise."

            :Listen I know we both have enemies out there.  I do not
          know what is going on more than you.  I could list suspects
          but frankly you haven't seen them in years and all likely
          back at Avalon.  I taught you not to cloud your mind with
          wrong judgements.  If you investigate you should go from what
          you know what are opinions.  going on gossip that I may
          give may cloud your thinking."

             Fremea releases Etain and he straightens his tunic.  He
           continues, "I suspect as time goes on I ..we..will know
           more and can pass judgement.  At that point if you wish
           to kill me you may do so."  He looks a bit sad.  "I fear
           I stole your childhood.  You were never a kid and so never
           got to relate with others.  I hope this does not force you
           to think wrongly in this.  The fate of the Sidh and the
           humans depend on us.  If that fate is good or bad will
           depend on the final outcome."

             Changing the subject he points the painting on the bed.
           "We must find the second piece or even the third.  You must
           touch it again...wait.  Your anger.  You were upset when
           pushed into the painting when the thief did it.  Then when
           I did the same on insisting you touch it.  Hold your anger
           still.  Use it.  It may help to invoke the visions.  After
           all art like this is done with strong emotions."

             Fremea flexes her fingers.  A simple flex of her hand
           and a dagger toss is all is needed to end this then she
           can go home.  But then she might not find her parents.
           Someone is clearly orchestrating this thing.  Manipulating
           and guiding.  If it is Etain he will not live for long.  But
           the Elf was right.  She was upset and still is.  Ignoring
           that the Elf changing the subject she moves toward the
           painting.

             This time she sees a group of cowled tall Elves around
           a campfire.  She can't hear them but she can tell they
           are chanting.  She sees on some altar is the piece in her
           vision.  It is a round ball like object very much like
           a simple kid's ball.  A Elf in a gray and purple sash
           approaches and casts some spell.  It seems to take a long
           time and then the ball shatters into three pieces.  She
           has the sense that the object could not be destroyed. It
           may be so powerful that even gods may not destroy it  But
           she only guesses this.  She sees the Elves gather the
           three pieces.

             The scene shifts to a cowled man on horse back moving
           east.  A large forest is seen in the west.  She can tell
           this as the sun is almost due east.  Making it dawn or
           sunset if it was west.  Yet there is traffic on the road
           with wagons of fruit.  Fruit that has to be sold before
           sunset.  So the sun has to be the morning dawn.

             The rider enters a city with white and yellow flags
           at a large flag with a red star with orange sunbursts
           throughout.  The rider seems to move forever.  But
           ends up at the site of what looks to be a new construction
           site.  The cowled figure a Elf she knows now from the
           face digs in the ground and buries the object.

             The scene changes to a three story building now that
           looks to be a government building of some sort.  There
           is writing on the top and a symbol of some sort that
           resembles fish scales found in a market?

             The vision ends and Fremea looks around.  She describes
           what she saw to the Alfar and Elf.

             "Those flags belong to Samma at one time.  Before
           they changed the colors.  That was I believe a few
           decades ago when it changed.  The building you describe
           might be a justice hall.  That should not be too hard
           to find.  But if its buried that could be a problem."
           Etain thinks for a moment.  "Samma is some distance
           to the west.  We could ride out immediately or in the
           morning?"

          [Time: 9:16pm - South Salaqara - Inn/Current Time]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Monday...

          GM: A good update.  Monday got bogged down and so didn't
              finish.  I had hoped to hear form Kell/Will but
              oh well.  Maybe Kell will say something now since
              he owed a guy a earlobe? :)  But a good place to
              finish for this time.  Fremea wants a vote of
              when to leave.

          GM: Vote -

                 1) Leave now (9pm ish)
                 2) Leave in Morning
                 3) With Horses
                 4) Without

              We have 5 active players so 3 votes will be enough.
              If tie will use Raban.  Will not hold for Kell/Will
              to post since may be long time.

          GM: A while back I got only one note from Arawn on how
              to best format the Mana report so guess its good as
               it is.

          GM: Mana report updated.