[pnpgm] Game Update #51 - File #205 - The Sick Oyster

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Fri Oct 4 00:53:02 CEST 2013

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
     .NPC...............YY..Niko..............Bearer..Normal/Human  ..Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #51 in sequence (file #205)

         [None :<]

          [Sepes 28th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Salaqara, Donara]

          [Time: 4:41pm - South Salaqara - Abandoned Warehouse]

            Inside the dark fire gutted warehouse the party takes
          a bit of time to recover.  By now the servant has describes
          what he has seen and who the party is.  But the good thing
          about cities this size is that more people means more folks
          to mingle among.  Guards will be alert but for the party
          as a whole.

            Fremea still simmering over the day's events walks toward
          the slightly open window with a couple of planks removed thanks
          to Raban.  She peers outside to the deserted street. Faerry
          are known for their mischievous side but when they are the
          target of mysteries most get cranky.  She still wants to go
          back to visit the Burz safe and the gallery to inspect some
          of the pictures.

            Why will Etain not explain about her parents.  There is time
          now.  Fremea grips her dagger hilt and considers the method
          that Kiet likes to learn from.  But before Fremea can speak
          and ask the Elf he speaks up.

            Etain who has been watching Fremea for awhile.  She has been
          quiet since the porch trying to stop the mob.  The Elf knows
          that his trainingg has worked well.  But she looks like she could
          use some more help. "Time is slipping.  The more we waste here
          the more the piece may be found. If for some reason the piece
          was at Gorlic's place it is not now.  If the vision she saw
          told it was there was likely in the past.  I suspect if it was
          a heirloom or special thing the admiral had it on him."  He
          looks to Z'leyra who shakes her head.  She didn't look too closely
          but from his pockets and vest there was nothing obvious. "IF
          not at the home which is could still be then it has to be with
          his son. Either the admiral does not know what the piece is about
          or underestimates it.  Why else risk the piece being on a ship
          if his son got hit by a storm.  So we must conclude he does
          not understand the piece.  So it is likely with his son.  we
          should move fast."

            Etain looks to Fremea for direction but then to Arawn. Maybe
          the Alfar is the true power behind the group.  When both do
          not speak he continues.  "If I may be so bold.  I say we split
          up.  Half go to find his son and the rest to find a inn to
          stay at." He points  to Kell, Raban, Will and his wolf and
          then the bearer Niko.  "You should go find the inn then we
          can join you later."   Clearly he makes the party less visible
          with getting rid of the giant and the wolf.

            Etain pauses to see if there is no objection.  He nods then
          explains that one of the best inns is in the west near the
          city gate they came in and the stables as well.  "The Butterfly
          is a good place.  The owner I know and trust since he does not
          care what happens in his rooms as long as you pay.  He will also
          accept the wolf since dogs are common in the inn.  He tends to
          be busy with his hobby so distracted easily.  Bet you can't
          guess what his hobby is?"  He then gives directions.

            Raban considers this.  "Half the city to travel.  Hope we
          don't get seen first."

            Etain explains that if he takes side streets he lists that most
          of them are residential areas.  So they should be safe.  Raban
          agrees.

            "We should move on now if I may be so bold?" Etain walks toward
          the tampered broken door.

            Fremea glares at Etain still avoiding the critical stuff.  But
          he must have his reasons.  For now he will live but later he
          may pay dearly with a lot of pain.

                                 ----------

          [Time: 4:52pm - South Salaqara]

            As the quiet party moves on to find this son who may not even
          know his father is dead yet, Etain looks distracted.  To help
          this he speaks to Fremea.  "You have done well.  Friends who
          support you.  Friends who will I assume fight and die by you.  Many
          of your..our kind would not be so inclined.  Relationships with
          our...personalities are not lasting.  I am proud that you have
          done so well."

            Fremea just glares at the Elf and keeps moving on.  This person
          who drove her insane with studies and martial arts training.  Who
          gave her welts, bruises and at one point a broken finger among
          cuts and sprains wants to cheer her up.  The Elf who saw a nice
          day's work was being bandaged up and patted on the head like a dog.

            Unali explains the various joints the son, Jasnor, should be
          found.  It is likely too dangerous to visit the naval yards or his
          personal ship as they would be all over there making sure no
          vile Donaran sabotage was being done after the admiral's death.

            The first three places are nothing but full of drunks and
          gamblers who have seen better days.

          [Time: 5:27pm - South Salaqara]

            When the group gets directions for the third place a trio of
          guards approach. They ask what is their business in town and
          their names.  The group is so cool they just give fake names.
          Etain explains that they just came in from Pelara in hopes to
          obtain shipwrigths for a yard they are making.  Arawn uses his
          influence to help out and the guards seem to understand and
          eventually move on.

          [Time: 5:36pm - South Salaqara]

            At the third place a place denoted by a blue jaw bone of
          some animal or person.  The group enters the half full place
          and asks if they know of Jasnor from the bar keep.  "That
          bum owes me for two damaged tables still.  You find him tell
          him to pay up and I don't care if his pa is a big shot."

            The group asks around about him from the other customers.
          A single gambler in his 40s says, "flip for it.  High card
          wins and I'll give you a good tip.  Low card wins and you
          pay me a silver for the tip."

            Etain looks to the party and finally shrugs.  Kiet is annoyed
          that Kell wasn't here he's probably the best gambler of the group.
          Etain tells the man to shuffle then splits the deck.  Etain
          chooses and then the gambler.  Etain flips his card a 7 and
          the gambler draws a 9.  Etain shrugs and digs for a coin and
          tosses it to the table.

            "Check out the Sick Oyster.  When he gets in town he tends
          to go there first.  He gives some time to a girl there as well."
          The gambler gives directions to the group.  It is probably
          four blocks north and two west from here.

          [Time: 5:53pm - South Salaqara]

            Turning on Tarus street the group finds several typical
          shops from bread, pottery, leather and a small herb shop
          that seems to cater to incense and candles more than herbs.
          Traffic has dwindled a bit since it is near dinner time
          for most.  Shops are almost always starting to close by now.
          In fact the only shop still open is the pottery shop where
          a couple is cleaning.  But there are about a half dozen
          folks on the street going back and forth.

            The Sick Oyster is a half two story building.  Half because
          the second floor is half done.  As if the architect wanted to
          save money and not do a full floor.  Likely where the owner
          lives or works.  The brown building looks to be a few decades
          old but in decent shape.

            As the group nears you hear a loud series of noises from
          drinking mugs and glasses to loud talking.  But as the small
          group nears it gets louder.  Sounds like a party of some kind.
          About 20 feet from the front doors from the left the doors
          suddenly burst open and a man in his 20s is half thrown or
          leapt out the threshold rolling into a ball onto the ground.

            As the sound inside seems like yelling and some chairs being
          moves or pushed, Etain looks at the human.  "Excuse me.  Do
          you know Jasnor Gorlic?"

            The dazed man looks up and staggers to his feet.  He points
          inside and then charges back into the doors which flap wildly
          to his motion.

            As the party moves toward the doors it seems clear it is
          more a brawl than a party.  The doors which are half doors
          with about 3 feet above them and 2 feet below show the interior
          of the gambling hall.  The group can see mugs fly and then
          a chair being thrown to the left out of view.  There are many
          30 men inside but it is hard to count as most are entangled
          by arms and legs in a wide open brawl.

            The servant had gotten a brief description of Jasnor but
          he should in theory look like his dad by that alone.

            Etain looks to the group for ideas.

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Monday...

          GM: A small update.  But we move on and given a bit of stuff
              to react to.  I split the party up based on semi obvious
              things that would be detected (wolf, giant, etc).  Since
              no one spoke up I figured I'd do that.  Was going to do
              a bit more work on the update with much more detail but
              ran out of time.  BTW I did talk to Tobie in chat today
              so is aware and alive got info from him.  just been sick
              and busy.  But being able to chat with him daily is much
              better than no interaction at all. :)

          GM: Sick Oyster Hall -
                Arawn, Fremea, Kiet, Unali, Z'leyra, Corona
              Hopefully at Inn -
                Kell, Raban, Will/Wolf, Niko

          GM: Mana Report updated.

          GM: Hall doors are old west saloon style doors.  The place
              is about 90 feet wide and maybe 100 deep but its hard
              to tell from outside.