[pnpgm] Game U pdate #57 - File #232 - An Artist dream

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Nov 12 05:47:22 CET 2013



   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
      Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #58 in sequence (file #232)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

      Admin Notes: Niko removed from Roster.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      [Recap]

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          Kiet is reminded of something he was going to mention
          "Speaking of teleporting with the animals, that might ...
        GM: Ack.

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          During Arawn's Inspection of Etain-

          Despite the influence his status afforded him ...

          "I apologize for the indignity, prizzti," he said...

          When the contents of the love letter were discovered...

          "I'm sorry but perhaps once we're done you might be ...

          Teleportation Issue-

          "I can Translocate myself and Unali back to retrieve...

          OOC:   After the initial teleport Arawn can return and bring
          along 5 people via Translocate. I'll have to check my Mana
          but if there's enough I should be able to Translocate everyone
          plus animals and gear. Otherwise, each return trip could have
          at least one other teleporter brought along, that person then
          returning for others/gear and rotating out with the most
          recently arrived teleporter.

          When Kiet voiced his concerns regarding the animals acting ...

          "Other than general magical defense I'm afraid I can't ...
        GM: Ack.

      --------------------------------------------------------------
      [New Stuff]

          [Sepes 28th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Salaqara, Donara]

          [Time: 9:25pm - North Salaqara - Tavern]

            Arawn does the inspection of Etain in the private dinning
          room.

            Despite the influence his status afforded him Arawn was not
          keen to order Etain to strip down as had been done. To him it
          was undignified yet understandable considering the mistrust and
          tension between Fremea and Etain.

            "I apologize for the indignity, prizzti'" he said to the
          aging elf. "But it must be done if there is to be any chance
          at trust between Fremea and yourself. And it is better that I
          do so instead of another amongst our company.

            I would spare you this if I could but Fremea has asked and
          I have given my word to see her to her parents and discover
          the truth to the mystery before us."

            As Etain removes his pants he gives a slight laugh and
          shakes his head.  "This does not bother me.  I've been
          in worse situations.  I'm actually glad that my teaching
          has given her some serious thought.  It is good to be paranoid
          and to strive for intrigue.  Those that are lax get duped
          and taken out by nature or other means.  This was directed by
          the Monarchs.  I did my job.  Whether she accepts the job
          they plan for her is up to her."

            When the contents of the love letter were discovered by the
          Alfar he took note of the woman's name before handing the
          letter back to Etain. As he passed it he gave the Elf a
          strongly sympathetic look. Bit by bit his past seemed to
          indicate one who followed orders over his heart, doing what
          was asked of him regardless of the consequences. Leaders desired
          such men as servants though often with little thought to the
          sacrifices they made. As he had sacrificed love for duty had
          he done a similar thing with Fremea, doing what he was told
          even against heart or conscience?

            "I'm sorry but perhaps once we're done you might be able
          to see her again."

            Etain grabs the letter and places it back in his book while
          putting on his tunic.  "No.  I will never."  He turns around
          and places the book in his bag.  He shakes his head and then
          turns back around with a sly smile.  "I once planned to be
          a painter and artist. But the Council wishes me to do other
          things and when they command...."  He then sits to put his
          shoes one.  He nods to the book, "but we can still dream."

            Arawn looks to the wall wondering why his spell would not
           work.  He could try again but maybe these special elves that
           are chosen to guide special Sidh like Fremea have some
           divine help or maybe his concentration is just down that
           he can't get the spell to work.  If the party will travel
           for several days he could use those days to learn more and
           try the spell again when Etain is asleep.




                                 -------------


          [Time: 10:28pm - North of Salaqara - Plains]

            The silence grows as the party sees who will do the
          teleporting and figuring out the options.

            Kiet is reminded of something he was going to mention earlier.
          "Speaking of teleporting with the animals, that might be rather
          dangerous if they start acting up the way you people described.
          Is there some way we can protect ourselves...well...yourselves...
          from that happening again?"

            Arawn in the dark looks around to Will and Z'leyra to see
          if they will do any of the teleporting.  But when they do
          not speak up he comments. "I can Translocate myself and Unali
          back to retrieve her map if that would help," Arawn chimed in.
          "Or else, as Fremea has been Samma, she can Teleport herself
          and another teleporter there, a role I am willing to take.
          After, the teleporter can return to bring others with them
          to the teleport spot."

            When Kiet voiced his concerns regarding the animals acting
          up again the Alfar grimaced.

            "Other than general magical defense I'm afraid I can't say.
          The An's'alum was only active for about a month before it was
          dismantled so extensive knowledge is limited. But perhaps mental
          warding might prove useful or the application of natural magics
          such as the warding provided by sapphires or a topaz."

            Raban waves his hand as if the others can see him in the
          very dark moonless night.  "A map might help but would one
          know exactly on the map where to teleport?  I mean I may
          not know the spell but I suspect randomly choseing a spot
          might be dangerous.  I actually could probably handle ending
          up inside a wall but the little acrobat might not."  He gives
          a little laugh in jest only.

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Friday...

          GM: A short update.  Still needing the info to proceed.

              * Where around/in Samma EXACTLY in the form of if
                outskirts then some random wood or if in city hoping
                to be in some known place or just a random teleport
                and hope for the best?

              * Looks like Arawn will do the teleport since no one else
                has spoken up.  So Arawn where do you go? Is the first
                jump with others or yourself?  If alone/others what steps
                are involved?

              * Will assume Raban in first group for basically help
                to protect and Kiet in the second as requested so
                not to end up in a wall.  Otherwise will assume Random
                determination.

              Once I know this info we'll move on.  We might best plan
              on the step after as to where to go and do what.  I have
              a suggestion from Etain but it won't happen till the teleport
              is done.

          GM: My brain is Divine so perfect in thinking.  Only the
              dwarves make mistakes not me.  But it seems some may
              not know my thinking.  Since it has come up again
              I will explain some of the Mana report info.

              Mana points -
                There are two figures here.  First is without aids and
                the second is with aids.  Aids are Wand/Staff which boost
                mana use accordingly.  I list the # based on what is used.

                So example: Joe A has a Energy level of 100.  A casting
                ability of 200.  Since he can cast 100 mana a day so I
                use this figure.  So if I list the figure at 100% that
                means he has 100 mana.  At 50% then 50 mana, 25% 25
                mana, at 12% then 12.  Simple eh?  So let's say Jane has
                150 Energy Level and I list it at 50%.  So 150 x 0.50 =
                75 mana left!  It is really that simple.

                Somantic aids ie Wand/Staff help boost the MU over the
                Energy Level limit.  So if Joe A has a Wand that boosts
                him to 60 more points we can figure it this way.  100
                energy level, 200 casting ability and 60 boost. So
                it is 100+60 for the daily limit.  So if the chart
                shows 50% then it would be 160x0.50 or 80 points left
                to spend.

                So the % figure is based on use and what is left.  So
                if Joe has a 40% and a 50%.   This means that without
                aid he can spent 40% more mana which would be 100x0.40
                or 40 points.  With aid he gets that boost and can do
                50 points.  So final figure would be 40 and 50.  This
                help?  If 100% then at full ability.  At 0% then tapped
                out and no more mana THAT day.  This does not mean you
                have casting ability mana just for that day.

              Health/Energy - Same concept.  If 50 hit points and I list
              10% then you are 45 down and leaves 5.  If at 90% then
              you are 50x0.90 or 45 so in good shape.

              hope this helps.  I would list actual numbers if you would
              prefer this.  If just want a standing # then let me know
              But I do not do this since it might give away your character
              sheet info you may want private.





More information about the pnpgm mailing list