[pnpgm] Game Update #28 - File # 122 - Fremea explains about her parents

Mark love_to_travel_mark at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 19:02:55 CEST 2013


Kell listens to their babbling, not understanding a word of Salaqarii-gibberish.  Maybe soon he will learn some of the language.  Today he's tired and just wants to know what is next.
 
To the farmer, in Katai, "Do you speak Katai?"  In Marentian, "Do you speak Marentian?"  Attempting to find a language everyone speaks.
  
In Katai to the group, "We shouldn't stay long.  Let's find a good spot to use as a base in the city.  This farm can be our backup if things go terribly wrong.  Whilst they shouldn't, I want a backup in this land."
 

________________________________
 From: pnpgm <pnpgm at comcast.net>
To: pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org 
Sent: Monday, June 3, 2013 10:10 PM
Subject: [pnpgm] Game Update #28 - File # 122 - Fremea explains about her parents
  


   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
      Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #28 in sequence (file #122)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

      Admin Notes: None.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      [Recap]

         From Kiet: [Re: Language]
           What language is the farmer speaking?  I am presuming
           salaqi.  It affects my actions. Thanks
         GM: Ack. Salaqara.  Technically most can do both back and
             forth Sal<-> Donaran in many ways related like English
             to British English in some ways.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           After presenting Fremea to Niv Salis Arawn had grown ...

           "He's in the process of learning the local tongue and ...
         GM: Ack.

         From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
           Fremea seems to be a bit uncomfortable and is thinking ...

           In Salaqi, "Yes .. um, a private place would be good." ...
         GM: Ack.


      --------------------------------------------------------------
      [New Stuff]

          [Sepes 28th, 1634TH]
          [Location: North of Salaqara, Donara]
          [Time: 7:26am]

            The Farmer looks to the party taking a long look at Raban
          and Unali for some reason.  He eyes the party with a bit
          of curiusity as well as apprehension.  A bemused smile comes
          upon him as he looks Kell up and down.

            After presenting Fremea to Niv Salis Arawn had grown quiet,
          allowing the faerry or any others in the party the opportunity
          to speak with the farmer. As the seconds ticked by without word
          the Alfar took it upon himself to continue the engagement before
          the silence grew uncomfortable.

            "He's in the process of learning the local tongue and meant
          no disrespect," he responded when Niv questioned Kell.

            "As for the 'Old Man', indeed, his memory is as long as his
          years," he continued, a smile in his eyes. "But I'm sure he
          would be as appreciative as my companions and I would be if you
          could find us a nice quiet place to sit and talk with you in
          private."

            Fremea seems to be a bit uncomfortable and is thinking of what
          she is going to say. She hoped that Arawn would just speak for
          her, but he seems to think she should explain something. After a
          few seconds, Arawn does speak up, but not about what, just to
          get them some where else.

            In Salaqi, "Yes .. um, a private place would be good."

            The farmer looks to the party and then back to Raban for
          some reason.  He looks around at the barn and around the
          large farm area.  "Well my wife is visiting her cousin.  So
          we can move inside.  I suppose if you were here to kill or
          rob me you could easily do it.  So let's move."  He shrugs.
          The Farmer considers calling his boys but what could they
          do against this group?

            He opens the front door to reveal a medium sized parlor.
          For a peasant it would be a great hall.  But for a farm house
          it is modest.  It has two couches and a small knee tall table
          for drinks or snacks.  There are four well worn out cushioned
          chairs as well.  To the right is a kitchen area with a large
          table that could seat 6.  To the left are other rooms.

            "Have a seat we should be alone for a bit."  With that he
          takes out a rag from a back pocket and wipes his hands and
          sits down on the couch.    The rest can take the couches and
          chairs but one will have to sit in the kitchen which they can
          listen but not see the parlor fully.

            "Your dog and that...thing will need to remain outside.  Wife
          would kill me if they were outside." Niv points to Squirt.

            Raban looks to Kell.  "A bit small ceiling I'll just wait
          outside and take Squirt and the wolf."  He then takes Squirt
          and walks to the front yard while Corona sits on the roof of
          the farmhouse.

            Fremea decides to sit next to Niv while Arawn sits in a chair
          to the right of Niv.  Fremea continues speaking, "I ... my party
          ... friends," she is unsure of how to even begin or what to say
          to this stranger that the Elder entrusted them with, "... we
          are here to find my parents that I was taken away from so many
          years ago." Looking at this farmer who does seem like he would
          understand what she is really wanting, but hoping.

            After a few seconds she takes a deep breath, lets it out
          slowly and starts again. "I apologize for my nervousness and
          for the abrupt appearance. I hope we did not cause any harm. I
          am in search for my parents, who have been hiding out, supposedly
          dead, though I have reasons to believe they are not. We were
          given this spot to use to come closer to the city to start our
          investigation. Though you may not need to help us any further
          than allowing us to come through your farm, I would ask if you
          can give us any contacts or information that might be useful."
          Though it was not a question, she looks to Niv to see if he
          might answer.

            Last to enter the house is Kiet who does a few words of
          something that is probably Lemasan under his breath making
          him a bit hard to understand.  He does a quick few gestures
          and then sits down next to Kell.  Kell looks odd with his
          hands free of Squirt but decides to place them on his lap.

            "I am no bounty hunter.  I was a ....trader of sorts in
          wanted and unwanted goods and services."  Niv tries to look
          at the party for the reaction.  The party already knows he
          was a smuggler so there is little surprise.  "I have not
          been in the game for a few years.  I've settled down once
          the rebels got a bit happy go lucky. "  He looks to Fremea.
          "Look we are simple people here.  We believe in simple speak.
          Do not fear me.  Clearly I'm no threat to you folks.  I may
          not be in the game but I may know a few folks I could help.
          But where do you begin?  Were your parents in Salaqara?  Were
          they famous or wanted like that?   Without a bit more details
          I can't give you much.  I have...associates in a few cities
          but I would have no clue where you should go.  Why not just
          go to the local authorities?"  Then a bit of realization dawns
          on his face.  He looks to the odd group and then sits back.
          "You are not from here?  Where do you call home?  Clearly
          to find me you need....more services from the fringe of
          society rather than the leaders."

            Niv sits back and stroking his chin in thought of the situation
          and the odd people in front of him.  Arawn can read him like a book.
          The man is clearly starting to doubt the situation and wonder how
          much danger he and his family might be in.

            After a few long moments he asks.  "What contacts do you need
          and where?  Who do you seek in Salaqara?"

          Actions?  Comments?

          Next Update....Friday...

          GM: A short update.  This is the long chat part of a pbem that
              takes time.




_______________________________________________
pnpgm mailing list
pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org
http://www.powersandperils.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pnpgm
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20130605/f8738ea1/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list