[pnpgm] Game Update #37- File #145 - Transactions

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Jul 16 06:34:20 CEST 2013


          .
   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
      Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #37 in sequence (file #145)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

      Admin Notes: None.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      [Recap]

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           In response to the giant's remark about horses, Kiet simply
           snorts out loud and smiles up at the bard.  With a big grin on
           his face he says "I knew you were a dancer and musician, ...

           Kiet looks dressed more for war than anything else.  He ...

           If the person he is talking to is Donaran, speak that...if
           not, then Salaqi.  If its not clear, then salaqi.
         GM: Ack.

         From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
           <Yay, finally some slow down time to think about gaming>

           Fremea was completely quiet at the house after the ....

           After the others had eaten, she was not hungry, and they ...

           ----------------------------------------------------------
           After being on the road and Niv going way ahead of them, ....

           Once Raban says they are a troupe, she will stomp her...

           She will hand 1 gold over to Kell to get exchanged for her
           and just wait outside. She will play with rocks or a stick
           in the street like a kid does, creating some make believe
           game that only she knows.
         GM: Ack. Glad you got some free time.  Things happen.  Good
             stuff.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           Arawn studied the man in silent reflection, the ....

           "Broken? In what way?," Arawn gently asked, a hint ...

           Money:
             Arawn will convert all but 1 coin of each type into
             local currency
         GM: Ack. Good introspection.

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Z'leyra will ask the party "Do we really need horses? If...
         GM: Ack.

      --------------------------------------------------------------
      [New Stuff]

          [Sepes 28th, 1634TH]
          [Location: North of Salaqara, Donara]

          [Time: 8:01am - Farm]

            While the others eat biscuits and some dry cookies Arawn
          and Niv share a private moment.

            Arawn studied the man in silent reflection, the thoughtful
          look of contemplation in his brilliant blue-green eyes as deep
          and mysterious as the sea.

            The man seemed to have a good heart- his efforts to observe
          and advise others in areas that were often personal and
          significant showed a level of compassion that the Alfar wished
          was more commonly found. The ability to read others a talent
          Niv likely honed through a life of illicit dealings but to
          carry it forward toward advising others admitted a wisdom that
          the Alfar imagined was likely learned later in life, perhaps
          through challenges of the spirit and heart. Perhaps it was
          Arawn's own passion to discover mysteries, not the least of
          which was the nature of his binding to the mortal plane, that
          Niv picked up on, the confusion that the man spoke of but the
          reference to a man broken was a mystery to the Sidhe. Despite
          his entrapment here he was not fearful, saddened or dismayed at
          it. True he wished to uncover the mystery of his exile but he
          had a whole world to explore! And undoing the binding, setting
          things to straight would only enable greater freedom. His spirit
          had always known that the open road was his home, that it was
          wherever his feet tread. To experience the mysteries and
          adventures of this world... other worlds... the cosmos and
          beyond... and the inner space of his own mind and spirit-
          these things excited and strengthened him. He wasn't sure
          what the man sensed, or imagined he sensed, maybe it was Arawn's
          concerns for his family, his friends and hints of betrayal. But
          even those were minor things- his family was quite capable of
          taking care of themselves and even if he was betrayed he did not
          hold anger for a situation that he was not fully aware of...
          there was always another perspective to understand. But whatever
          it was that Niv seemed concerned with Arawn would take time to
          meditate upon it, to dig deep into his psyche for some truth or
          lesson that might be learned.

            "Broken? In what way?" Arawn gently asked, a hint of a
          smile upon his face.

            Niv looks up from his chair trying to put his work boots on.
          He studies the Alfar briefly.  "I've seen broken."  He looks
          at the party at the table.  "I've seen betrayal and despair.
          One must focus on one goal....one emotion.  This is the only
          way one can fix things."  Before Arawn can reply Arawn sticks
          his head in the window and asks for a biscuit.  Arawn looks
          back to find Niv gone outside the front door to get to fetch
          his horse.

            At the house Fremea weighs her options if she kills the
          man now could her quest be completed?

            Fremea was completely quiet at the house after the violation
          (she shudders just thinking about it), no longer wanting
          anything to do with this man the Elder had sent them to. Many
          thoughts flew through her mind about what to do, but she would
          not leave the children fatherless this time. But, she did have
          a great idea about what to do that would not harm them also and
          have some pay back to this farmer.

            After the others had eaten, she was not hungry, and they
          decided it was time to go, she had finally calmed down and
          started to get her composure back a little. Steel in her voice,
          "So, Niv, this debt you still owed the Elder must be pretty big
          to go ahead and help us still, after  disrupting your life in
          one quick shot. Why not rush us out of here and not help us,
          other than the access your silo gave us? I am, after all, just
          a Faerry." Her voice grew cold and unemotional at the very end.

            Niv suddenly stops checking his horse tack and looks at Fremea.
          "I never met the old man.  I only have heard stories.  I suspect
          not many have.  If so they are special people.  For all I know
          it is some old guy in a hut pretending to be powerful."  He
          leaves the horse and turns to face the group.  "At one point
          we were on the break of total chaos.  Civilization from the
          farmers to the nobles was breaking down.  There was a rumor
          that some undead wizard or something some called the Liche or
          whoever he was behind it.  One of the old man's allies was
          in Ticasi.  Long story short he was chased to here.  I helped
          to transport him and his precious things to Pelara.  because
          of that and ...other things the chaos ebbed."

            "This ally helped to save my girlfriend...now my wife and
          mother from almost certain death.  My skills were lacking and
          so I owed the person and thus him."

            He turns back to the horse and starts to mount up.  "That
          is the short story.  Certain things not given for various
          reasons and time."

            Niv turns the horse around in a circle to test the gear.
          "As to why help you?  Look at my farm.  I love animals.  I
          love things and I believe that other beings should be respected.
          A certain...partner in my past was a Elf.  I didn't know for
          years but when he was killed in a raid by the Donaran's I found
          the truth out.  To have a person hide that out of sheer threat
          of harm is not good. The people here seek independence from
          Donara and yet they ignore the help that could be of great
          value to them.  During the initial battles for our revolt we
          used a few elves and they were great fighters."  He looks down
          at Fremea and eyes here carefully.  "I also know what I've
          heard.  Slaves and for no good reason.  It is not right.  We
          are nothing better than the Climans when we do that stuff."

            Fremea almost softens up a bit hearing that.  Was that a
          form of apology?  She still can't figure out human emotions
          and mannerisms.  But still she hopes Niv will enjoy his
          pepper cake.


          [Time: 8:52am - Road to Salaqara City]

            After being on the road and Niv going way ahead of them,
          Fremea really starts to look unhappy. Not upset like she was,
          just not happy. "Grr, I want to fly again." She says under
          breath, almost not audible by anyone.


          [Time: 9:33am - Almost to City Gates]

            Kiet glances at Raban's large fist on his shoulder and
          knows he could fit two of his heads inside that fist.  It
          gives the acrobat a bit of unease seeing it.

            In response to the giant's remark about horses, Kiet simply
          snorts out loud and smiles up at the bard.  With a big grin on
          his face he says, "I knew you were a dancer and musician, but
          I hadn't known you were also a comedian!"  Kiet shakes his head
          and continues, "I did not bring with me all I have, just some
          of it.  A horse for you, my overgrown friend, would cost more
          than what most would spend on a castle!"

            Raban ruffles the nice hair of Kiet in a quick motion like
          a father may do a kid.  "This is why I came with the magical
          saddle in my bag."  He glances behind to him on a strap that
          leads to his bag on his back.  "Thanks to the old wizard I
          can ride most horses and it won't kill them."  He then leans
          in to whisper to Kiet's left ear.  "Unless Z'leyra makes her
          beans again then well..."

            Kiet grumbles to himself for taking off his helmet but in
          this heat it would be good for his brain to cook.  But as
          he gets closer to the city he dons his helmet back on.

          [Time: 9:25am - City Gates]

            Entering the city gate Fremea watches the townsfolk
          very quietly and taking notes.

            Once Raban says they are a troupe, she will stomp her foot,
          like a little kid, and huff while she just walks through the
          gates, giving a sly grin in her frowning face. Doing her best
          to act like a spoiled brat that is not getting any attention
          (which she knows, no one pays attention to a kid like that at
          all).

          [Time: 9:48am - Moneylenders Shop]

            Kiet enters the shop and hopes that at least another person
          will join him.  Kell enters as well to help.  Unali also joins
          the two since both could be killed with their low language
          skills in the native tongue.  Unali helps to translate any
          words for both parties that are not understood.

            Fremea gives 1 gold coin to Kell to exchange.  Then she finds
          a long stick and pretends to bat a rock back and forth.  While
          she is doing this she watches a kid on the street.  The kid around
          12 is eyeing people and Fremea can tell the kid is a pickpocket
          the way he glances at purses.  She sighs.  She can't help all
          the kids everywhere.  She also watches the shop and the other
          people on the street.  Looks like there are at least 2 other
          guards on the second floor one well hidden in dark shadows
          by curtains and one walking around the room.  The third on
          the roof is watching the street up and down.  She realizes
          this is a tight secure place for a moneylender place.  Either
          the owner wants protection to overkill or feels the Donaran
          people will sack the city at any time.

            Kiet looks dressed more for war than anything else.  He
          removes his helm and chain linked aventail, turning it upside
          down so the chain drops into the helm, holding it in his hands.
          He takes off his gloves and casually tosses them into his helmet
          before addressing the moneychanger.  He reaches into his money
          pouch and smiles his best smile at the vendor and responds
          "Yes, I have a need to exchange some coin and I heard that you
          were the man to talk to."  Kiet fishes out a few coins, silver
          and one gold, and places them on the counter in front of the
          man.  "What might the exchange rate be for coins of this type,
          and how much might you be able to exchange?"

            The clerk looks bored when Kiet removes his gear.  To him
          its just another warrior wanting to spend coin in the brothels.
          When Kiet places the coins on the table he glances down.  He
          picked up the gold coin.  He frowns and huffs a bit loudly.

            "King Maros still ignores us here in our fight against the
          invaders..."

            A older man who must the actual shop owner looks up from his
          books and places his quill on the table.  "Sarif, enough of
          that."

            The clerk shrugs.  "We can do it.  The silver mines have
          been doing well though so for now so 1 of these."  He taps
          the silver coin.  "Is worth 0.8 of our silver.  This one,"
          he taps the gold coin, "is worth 1.6 of our gold coins.  So
          the market says."  He waves to the walls.

            Kiet takes this in and then asks the clerk, "might you have a
          room I might use?  I have some of my money under this armor.
          Naturally, one of your guards could follow along."

            The clerk nods to a curtain of beads.  "Through there first
          door on left."  He nods to one of the guard who looks bored
          and waits for Kiet to move.

            "We charge a small fee for exchanges.  For one gold we charge
          20 Brass bits and so on.  For sums of coins over 100 gold in
          total we charge a bit more."

          [Time: 10:13am - Horse Stables]

            The portly man looks at the party waiting for info on
          what they want.  A boy yells for the man and the man turns
          around to bark some orders.  This allows Z'leyra to do
          a quick comment.

            Z'leyra asks the party, "Do we really need horses? If we
          go to Donara we can use either horses or ship to get there.
          But whichever, I will go look at the horses."

            The man turns around and Z'leyra walks past the portly
          man who is wiping his hands with a very dirty rag.  The
          man ignores the female and she is not worthy of his eyes.
          He turns to face Kiet, Kell and Raban.

            Entering the large stables she sees boys and men at
          various stalls.  The boys are doing chores and the men
          seem to be inspecting horses to buy or rent.  Z'leyra
          approaches the horses intent on learning more about them.

            Raban asks in Donaran since no one is speaking, "how
          much to rent horses?"

            The man spits on the ground and then speaks, "depends
          on the horse.  We charge 10% of buying price per day for
          renting here in the city.  To leave the city it is 20%
          each day.  We would need a good down payment for renting
          outside the city since some horses are never returned.  For
          a group your size we could work a group rate."

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Friday..

          GM: A decent sized update.  Good responses so we'll see if
              that continues.  Friday I'll finish any transactions
              for the Money and Horses.  If you are going to rent a
              horse let me know.  Course may not need them now but
              who knows later.  You guys will have a few hours before
              need to find Niv.  What to do till then?

          GM: Exchanges -
                Fremea - 1 Marentian Gold to Donaran Gold
                Arawn  - All coins but each type to Donaran

              If  you want lower coins ie 1 Silver for 10 Copper
              etc let me know.  Otherwise will exchange 1 to 1.


          GM: Tasks for me - Reminder:
              * Niv to get info on Admiral, Ozon, Gambling halls
              * Anything else to do?







More information about the pnpgm mailing list