[pnpgm] Game Update #2 - File #10 - Luvac's Debriefing

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Jan 8 09:06:16 CET 2013

   HT Aliaver/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
   ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
   R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
   W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
   W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
   --.Floyd Mesler..........Jordan Malic......Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
   R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
   R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
   R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
   W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
   W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
   R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #2 in sequence (file #10]

      Admin Notes: Finally after over a year get to update the date
      header to a NEW day. :)

         From Kell: [Re: Actions]
           [Not Tiel.  I am at home and looked  it was Tor.  He was
           military guy that helped Kell in the Peace Brigade tavern
           then they escaped with Unali.  Then Lin remembered Kell from
           Tor's description. Not Tiel, Kell wouldn't ever give a man like
           that up, he may need a friend.  :)  So feel free to update the
           post or Just realize the change.]

           "Who is our benefactor?  Luv.." he trails off waiting ....

           Kell will use the few hours to purchase new clothes.  A nice
           silk shirt, warm breeches.  Then the bath since it's been a while.

           He'll get to the tavern early and start with an ale, whatever
           they have that is pretty good.
         GM: Ack. I vaguely recall him now.  I checked my player
             character file though he's not there.  So I guess he
             was so random and non vital I didn't include him.  But
             I get the gist of your meaning now.  Thanks.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           In the chaotic aftermath of the Battle of Rising Mount...

           "Is he still alive? Is there anything we can do for ...
           Glad to see Raban rise to his feet Arawn grinned and ...

           OOC: Just to be safe Arawn is offering to cast an area effect
           Slay the Tame on the party in case they are still carrying
           poisons/microscopic organisms crafted by the Vong and will do
           so for any and all interested.
           As the group prepared to separate Arawn took note of ...
         GM: Ack.

         From Kell: [Re: Actions]
           Ha'Kell turns to Arawn and the newcomer, his bad Cerulean...

           [Waiting for Floyd aka Malic to respond then will maybe ask
           further questions and have update for the Sivas portion.]
         GM: Ack. We shall see.  Maybe he's a shy poster? :)

          [Augado 11th, 1634TH]
          [Location: Sivas, Marentia]
          [          Chion's home]

          [Time: 4:22pm]

            In the chaotic aftermath of the Battle of Rising Mount Arawn
          had nearly forgotten the mental image of Zhou on the ground as
          the Brain flooded his mind with knowledge. It wasn't until after
          he had been teleported into Chion's home that he noticed the
          fallen noble. Rushing to his side and dropping to his knees he
          checked him over for any signs of the life, waving to get
          Z'leyra's attention.

            "Is he still alive? Is there anything we can do for him?,"
          he cried out, clearly upset, his grief held in check only by
          the quiet that had crept over him after the Brain's passing and
          his own willpower.

            Chion crosses his arms and considers speaking up but decides
          some things are best to learn later.

            Z'leyra shakes her head.  It seems he was well dead by the
          time the party arrived.  There could be a chance of healing
          but without knowing if the soul would be there it could
          be dangerous.

            Standing to the side, Strie'bog frowns.  "He died a hero.
          He saved the girl from being smashed by the crashing flyer.
          In some way I feel more responsible.  If I hadn't made it
          crash he might be alive.  Though by doing so more villagers
          might have died from the flyer's weapons."  He pauses and
          looks around.  "We should be very proud of him.  His people
          will be proud of him.  He gave all he could for this mission
          though he was forced back at times.  Now we know he can
          give his blood.  But his spirit will still be here."  He taps
          his forehead.  "And in everyone's.  My mother taught me
          that even the trees soak in vibes of a person.  Cross by
          a tree scared or angry the tree can devour that emotions.
          A Dawana book I read once mentioned that giving your life
          in such a deed as he did, gives your spirit to the world.
          Who knows.  He may still be here watching."

          [Time: 4:18pm - Sivas, Marentia]

            As the group prepared to separate Arawn took note of the
          new arrival, Malic. Not only was the man a new face but it
          was evident from both his features and his choice of language
          that he had not been a resident of Katai. That left the Alfar
          to wonder just how the man had arrived at the Rising Mount.
          Looking to the others he asked,

            "Who's our companion and where did he come from?" He
          asked before addressing Malic in Cerulean.

            "I am known as Arawn and, if I may ask, how did end up in
          the mountain?"

            Ha'Kell turns to Arawn and the newcomer, his bad Cerulean is
          enough for him to understand the basics only.  He will listen to
          Malic's response with a wary stance.

                                ---------------

          [Time: 4:32pm - Sivas, Marentia]

            Before the group separates for their various tasks, Chion
          gathers the 14 survivors around.  He pulls out the bag of
          gold from the peace brigade treasure.  "I took the liberty
          of adding the coins here with the treasure from the pirate
          ship.  There are 14 of us now.  Zhou did not want any
          part of the treasure."  He pours the contents of the bag
          onto the ground.  A few minutes later a grand total is
          determined to be 202 gold.

            Ben'dar shakes his head not much but in Clima that would
          have been brass bits amounts.  Having come away with many
          many much gold than just 200.  But the Climans raided
          nations not farmers.

            "I will have to convert most of the Katai to Marentia.
          But divided it up it comes to 14 gold per person.  Not
          much but we went in knowing this.  I have no problem
          taking the traitor's money. But I could not in good faith
          take the villager treasure for us."

            The group divides the money up and adds any spare copper,
          silver and brass bits for exchange fees.  Ben'dar wonders
          why Malic should get some of the gold but does not say
          anything about it.

            He holds the coins for Malic and looks to Unali. "This
          was your group.  He is a newcomer and should he get the
          coins or not?"

            Caladan, Farseeker, Raban and Strie'bog all nod that he
          should for the trouble he was put through.

            "Who is our benefactor?  Luv..", Kell trails off waiting
          from someone to explain who about their contact from the Dark
          Lands.

            But no one seems to know the answer.

            Unali turns to the group.  "Take these few hours to rest and
          relax. We will meet this Luvac person just after midnight."

                                 ----------------

          [Time: 5:12pm - Sivas, Marentia]

            Before going to the tavern Unali ensures the boys
          do a good job grooming.  It is clear though that
          the boys are from stables and know their job

            Next to the Green Eye is a bath house which some
          in the party including Kell and Unali use.  In fact
          some take unusually long baths.

            Unali knows she could go to Maren and spend it there
          at Aren's estate.  But a nice room in the tavern is
          good for now.  She goes there and ensures her clothing,
          armor and weapons are in good shape.  For her the armor
          is in good shape but a couple daggers may need to be
          repaired.  She knows her magical dagger may need to be
          repaired by Z'leyra since she made it.  In the quiet room
          Unali twirls the magical dagger.  The light of the nearby
          window shining on it.  She reflects to the time spent
          in Unali and her family. How close it was to losing not
          only her brother, the empire and the world.  Arawn
          might call it destiny.  So Unali went out into the world
          only to return to save it.  In Katai they call that
          a complete circle of fate.  It is almost a omen to some
          or just nonsense to others.

            She sheathes her dagger and goes to find her new
          non soiled clothes.  Her fighting stealthy black
          clothing will be too soiled to use.  She will have
          to replace them.  But she got her money's worth.  She
          decides not to wear armor for the first time in
          weeks.  It feels good just to walk around without
          armor.  Course she reflects back just 4 odd months
          ago when she was here.  She was ambushed by Climan
          assassins.  She was one of the primary targets in
          this very tavern.  She shakes her head kwowing that
          even Clima was saved by them.  Was it worth it?

            Unali goes down to the common room to find it empty
          aside from Ben'dar and Cholan talking at the bar.  She
          waits eagerly for Raban to be healed.  But she knows
          that is half a day away till after midnight.

                                 ----------------

          [Time: 12:15am - Sivas, Marentia]

            After Raban is healed.

            Glad to see Raban rise to his feet Arawn grinned and
          shook his head a bit when the giant made his offer.

            "You silly, bard," he replied before giving the man a
          warm hug.

            Walking alongside Raban and Z'leyra Arawn informed the
          man of the letter that had awaited the party's arrival and the
          dinner to come. By the time he was done the group had been
          gathered and as the boys prepared to look after the horses
          Arawn offered his services to the group before they parted
          ways.

            Raban climbs down the tiny stairs to the comnmon room.
          Which makes Cholan shudder hoping the stair case doesn't
          collapse.  When the giant comes down he is awarded by
          applause of the party.

            Unali moves toward the Bard and gives him a big hug.
          "Rescuing damsels in distress is fine, but try to stay out of
          trouble for once. Good to see you're fine."

            The Giant returns the hug almost crushing her but relents.
          He laughs, "Fighting that bony head was easy.  It is the
          husbands I have to run away from."  The handsome Bard looks
          and recalls several women he "helped" and the reaction from
          their husbands.  Course at the time he didn't know they
          were married.

                                 ----------------

          [Time: 12:49am - Sivas, Marentia]

            In the hours before the dinner some have decided to just
          walk around among civilized people.   Others could not wait
          to get a free bath so went to a bathhouse.  Some saw long
          lost Marentian food vendors on the street and ate.  Some
          had to buy new clothes in order to not scare the locals from
          the blood and gore.

            Finally the hours draw on and most start to head toward the
          Green Eye.  Some were there already for hours.  Farseeker gave
          directions to the tavern and explained it is owned by Cholan
          who used to be one of the party members some 3 years earlier.
          His hand was hurt in the final battle on Clima and so decided
          to retire from adventure duty.

            When those who go to the tavern finally arrive they notice the
          tavern is empty.  No other customers at all.  The lighting is
          somber and low key.  The sea breeze tonight is very strong and
          the windows are shuttered.

            Aside from the Katai survivors there are only 3 others here.
          Cholan introduces himself to those who come in.  He is at the
          bar and looks like a native bartender rather than what he
          was at one time a fighter and sailor.  His muscles seem to have
          grown as well over he last 4 months.  Likely all that barrel
          carrying from basement to bar.

            Farseeker and Z'leyra spend the most time to meet him again
          and see how he is doing. They notice his beard was taken off.
          "The wife made me!"  He jests.  He leans over the bar and does
          a quick recap of what folks like Xian, Kaylle, Aren, Balrog,
          Damon and a few others have been up to.

            He leans over and whispers to the old friends.  "Actually Xian
          hasn't been seen in several months.  The orphanage said he left
          money for them and disappeared."

            Caladan nods and doesn't seem surprised.  "He can do that.  He
          might just be in the wilderness.  I'll see if I can track him
          down."

            The other person is an attractive brown haired, 5 foot 8
          woman in her 20s.  To some they recognize her as Kes, Cholan's
          wife.  She serves as bar maid since she owns the place now with
          Cholan.

            A bit before 12:15 Cholan notices all his old friends have
          arrived.  Beaming he gestures to Kes.  Kes goes in the back
          to their living area and returns with a baby.

            "This is Chos, my son."  Cholan grins and even his injured
          hand seems to flex with glee.

            Unali, Z'leyra, Strie'bog, Chion and Caladan gather around
          and hold or look at the newborn.  "He is only a couple weeks
          old."

            Even Ben'dar who is a gruff man seems to melt a bit and
          tries to let the infant hold his finger.  He smiles and
          notices others watching so becomes stoic again.  But for
          those who really know him, notice something different in
          his eyes.

            Then around 12:30 a person enters the tavern.  Those who
          know the faerry recognize him immediately as Kaylle.  He
          is know the Sivas Head Librarian at the local library.
          He sits at a table and plops down a journal.  "Cholan felt
          might be good to see you guys.  So I'm here."

            The other person is a man in the shadows in a corner.  He
          seems silent and doesn't seem to want to talk right away.
          For those who ask Cholan just whispers.  "Just asked for a
          few drinks and ensure all get here in time."  He shrugs
          not knowing what is going on.

            At 10 minutes before 1am, Cholan and Kes put the baby
          away.  They then rush to get the hot food to the tables.
          Normally the tavern does light food but tonight the two
          had been prepared.  With help from other merchants and
          those young boys they gathered much more food.  There
          is steak, fish, soups, salads, pork, fruit, wines of all
          types and for most the best that of desert among many
          other food sides like bread and vegetables.

            The party notices there are other items in the tavern
          covered up with sheets.  But the party figures Cholan
          is covering up damaged furniture or something.

            A few minutes later the man in shadows rises.  When
          he comes into the light you see a middle aged man with
          deep black hair and the face like a Dark Lander.  He
          stands only 5 foot 10 and around 120 pounds.  He is
          wearing light blue tunic and brown vest.  He is wearing
          brown trousers but his belt is exceptional looking
          as that seems to be the most expensive item made with
          good skill.  He is wearing two rings, one on each hand.
          His eyes are a light blue and his teeth are unusually
          white for a Dark Lander.

            He spreads both arms outward.  "Greetings!"  He speaks
          in Katai.  For Malic Arawn leans and translates for him.
          Malic just shrugs not even knowing why he is here.  He
          should be getting a ship back home.

            "My brave band of heroes who saved the world!"  He begins
          to clap for what seems like forever as the party shifts in
          their chairs.  He continues to stand while the party sits
          and the tavern owners serve.  "I hope you get enough to
          eat.  But you deserve the gratitude of the world and
          of all the High Elder and myself."

            He gives a deep bow usually only used by those who bow
          in front of royalty.  "I'm so sorry that the High Elder
          could not be here himself.  But as you may know he rarely
          leaves the Dark Lands.  I am here to convey his wishes
          and complete the task given to you."

            Some wonder how this man could have gotten here from
          the Lands so fast?  Luvac seems to read this on the
          faces and answers. "One of the chief advisors for the
          High Elder is a great reader of the future.  In fact
          she was the one to ask Shu should go.  Shu, the wizard
          and the High Elder knew the risk.  The wizard can see
          future as it divides in visions going in different
          paths.  Several paths Shu survives.  But most she would
          not."

            This angers Farseeker who rises from his feet.  "He
          knew and didn't tell us?!"

            Luvan frowns, "it was only a possible future.  The
          wizard has learned that interfering with such things
          like time travel, future and past can affect much more
          than one sees.  There is this theory in Ticasi from
          what I hear that is called the Ant Theory.  Squish
          a ant and the anteater does not eat.  The anteater
          dies.  This one anteater could have many offspring
          and wipes out a massive swarm of ants.  yet the ants
          swarm and kill many in a village as the ants are
          known to attack in rage.  The village might have had
          the one son to be future king to save the nation from
          invasion from enemy.  So on and so on.  The Ant
          effect or whatever they call it.  Not sure what
          the details is but it is something like that.  Just
          using time travel can affect so much more than one can
          see for the result we don't want."

            Luvac turns to Farseeker.  "Shu asked him not to
          tell you.  it was her decision."

            Farseeker seems to shake his head but sits down again.

            "So this wizard saw the future and figured you would
          either win or lose.  Since we are here you must have
          won.  I left the Dark Lands some 4 months ago and just
          got here myself."  He drinks a bit of wine and clear
          his throat.

            He pulls a black satchel form one table to the
          party's table.  He pulls out a series of scrolls
          that seem to be sealed and wrapped with ribbon.
          "I was told to open these tonight.  Please note
          that I am no wizard.  In fact I'm one of the few
          that leave and go back to the lands to ...gather
          goods and items the land may need."

            He opens one scroll and scans it for a few
          moments.  "The wizard said these scrolls would
          change based on the events in Katai.  Amazing."

            He begins to read the second scroll which was
          directed by him by the first scroll.  He removes
          the wax seal and unfolds.

            "Friends and survivors.  I am so proud to see
          that you have survived.  We had been monitoring
          the events using the Gnarish staff.  I do hope
          that my familiar was able to help.  I know that
          some of you may have wished my own presence to
          help. But leaving the Dark Lands can cause
          havoc without my presence.  The Sorceress would
          be in control and I would hate to return to see
          the results."

            "Saving the world is not a easy task.  The
          average group of travelers would not be able to
          have done so.  Under the leadership of folks like
          Unali the group was able to work together.  A
          fine example even for my wizards here.  Your
          story and deeds will NOT be forgotten.  You
          will always have a place of honor here."

            "A debt of saving the world can't be repaid easily.
          Leaders may pay in gold but that is so mundane and
          ordinary like paying the common mercenary.  I do not know if
          these rewards will be enough or worthy.  If not you are free
          to tell Luvac what you wish."

            "Now turn to Arawn..." Luvac blushes.  "Sorry
          that was meant as a direction to me."  He
          looks around the table and finds Arawn.  "I was
          given descriptions of everyone here."

            Luvac pulls two more scrolls and a book out.  He
          places them on the table.  He reads the second
          scroll again.  "Arawn you can have one of the
          items.  The first scroll."  Luvac taps one with
          a blue ribbon.  "Is my promise to find more details
          on the Elven plate armor you asked about.  The
          other scroll is a promise to learn as much as we
          can on your cause of being here.  But be warned
          this could take a very long time.  It is information
          you may not want to know.  This book," Luvac shows
          the purple tome, "is a very rare book that should
          be the only one of its kind.  It was written on
          metaphysics and includes histories and various
          arcane knowledge of the gods.  This is a very
          special book to me but I feel you may have more
          use for it then I would.  Which would you like?"

            Luvac turns to Arawn to await his answer.

            Soon after Luvac turns to Ben'dar.  He reads
          the second scroll again.  He gets one scroll
          out of the satchel and places it on the table.
          "I have a gift for you that you have been wondering
          about for some time.  This scroll has info on
          Lady Varo and the history behind Tef'wo.  But if
          you take it you will not share it with others.  I
          also have sent a mate for Tef'wo that my best
          horse ranchers have sought out.  It is at your
          ranch as we speak.  I also have a gift for Pasha."
          Luvac walks around and whispers in Ben'dar's ears
          for a few moments.  Ben'dar's eyes widen and he
          nods.  "Your choice?"

            Ben'dar stands and looks around.  "It has been
          great being around you guys for so long.  Ever
          since you saved me in Clima from the priestess who
          was about to kill me some three years ago.  Seeing
          the newborn  here has made me consider my options.
          I do wish to call Pasha down from the Vassa forest
          and ask her to marry me.  I wish to spend more time
          with my horse ranch and serve in that way.  So whatever
          brings you people to some new world saving quest I
          may not come.  If this is all right with you?"  He
          grins. "Course if you need a skilled rider unlike you
          crazy donkey riders then call on me."

            Luvac then pulls a new book out and two more scrolls.
          He turns to Caladan the strange Zen'dan fire mage.
          "I offer your master who is so alone to join us in
          the Dark Lands.  This scroll will give him full rights
          as a citizen. This book I also offer, though it is
          not rare, it is a Tome of Fire magic that our best
          wizard in that art wrote.  This last scroll is a
          note for moneylenders to award your orphanage with
          gold which should set them safe for years.  I know
          gold may not be the best reward.  But I also wish
          to offer something for your Zen'da family.  For
          this option I would need to spend time on it."

            Caladan leans back in his chair. He considers his
          option for his reward.  He can't recall ever mentioning
          his master in the Dark Lands.  Either the Elder is far
          more knowing or the Gnarish can even pick up their
          conversations at camp time.  "I am also sad to say
          I am with Ben'dar.  I need to think on my mastery of
          magic.  Right now it is more destructive and I wish
          to serve in more than that way.  I must admit that
          giving back to folks like Xian's friends at the
          orphanage is far more rewarding than spending weeks
          improving skills or spells you may never use.  So
          unless things change I also may step back in my
          travels around the world."

            Luvac turns to Chion and pulls out three scrolls.
          "I can finally say your debt has been repaid.  The
          details on this is in the first scroll.  But if you
          wish the second one has the information you requested
          when we had our private audience it is here for you to
          read freely.  The last scroll gives details on the
          Gem that you were curious to learn about that you
          were asked to return to me.  I know you were very
          curious.  Your options are wide."

            Ben'dar whispers to Caladan, "just three scrolls?
          He got screwed."

            Chion rubs his chin and stares the scrolls.  "I have
          been also considering settling down here or elsewhere.
          I am strongly swayed to return to Cetric and train with
          him.  So if I am away and you need to save the world
          again I am sorry if I can not attend."

            Luvac turns to Farseeker and pulls a box from another
          table.  He finds a scroll to continue his speech written
          by the High Elder.  "Farseeker you have been one of the
          best veterans in this group for over 8 years.  I am
          here to give you two things if so desire."  He pulls
          a suit of armor from the box that looks like chainmail.
          "This enchanted armor is lighter than chain but tougher.
          It also allows you to increase your dexterity.  Your
          agility is already supernaturally gifted.  But with this
          armor you will be even more swift."  He pulls out two
          large long great swords.  "These two enchanted great
          swords were made by our best weapon smiths.  They
          rarely, I mean very rarely, give out swords with the
          special gift they found.  They have a rite to make
          a 2 handed weapon 1 handed.  This means if  you can
          train to use both you can use 2 great swords at once."
          He then taps the scroll.  "You are a very experienced
          fighter but you feel that you need to teach more to
          serve others.  You strive in this area by joining
          the military and risen to the rank you are now.  With
          Luvac's help I have negotiated a deal with Duke Aren.
          Under the nod of King Maros you are hereby promoted
          to Commander of Fortress Dim on the Bhamotin border.
          You only need to take the scroll to earn this new rank."

            Farseeker is a bit speechless at first then looks
          to the items on the table.  "I do enjoy the military
          work.  Being with Captain Lin I miss that.  Being
          a unit as a party is fine.  But we tend to get...
          distracted.  But as a military unit we tend to think
          as one.  That Battle spell we used helps but it is
          not perfect.  There is nothing like fighting with your
          friend who can read you in battle by a glance.  I
          have considered doing more full time teaching the
          military ranks here in Marentia.  But I would hate
          to miss the fun abroad.  If I took this job I
          may not be able to break away to save one of you
          guys from a evil bad guy.   I regret even think
          that way."

            Luvac turns to Fremea.  "My brave archer!  You
          little one took out many of those foul creatures.
          In planning this I have worked with my Diviner
          to learn what you might need."  He pulls out
          a quiver from the box and then one scroll.   He
          pulls out a small headband to put down on the table.
          "This quiver is enchanted that will allow you to
          duplicate arrows.  It was sitting in my own vault and I
          never had use for it.  It was made some 75 years ago
          by another great archer-mage.  You only need 1 arrow
          and it will magically duplicate creating an almost
          endless supply.  This scroll...I'm told you visited
          a Herbalist here in the Citadel for certain things.
          This scroll can help..obtain some aspects for what
          you may need."  Luvac looks as confused as Fremea
          but Luvac whispers a few words to her ear.  Then speaks
          openly.  "This headband here is enchanted.  I know that
          you may have issue with being in human society.  When
          worn this will cast a illusion to make you look human
          who is a bit taller."

            Luvac then notices Malic and Arawn whispering to
          him.  He frowns and looks worried.  "I'm sorry.
          I do not know you?  I was not told you would be
          a survivor? I'm confused."  He looks in the set
          of scrolls made for him.  He shakes his head. "Either
          you are one of those new future paths not seen or
          you are..."  He then raises an eyebrow.  He walks toward
          Malic and looks at him closely.  Getting almost face to
          face he stares at his eyes.  This unnerves Malic.  Then
          without warning Luvac does a tap onto Malic's nose.

            Malic is shocked and rises to his feet in surprise.
          He rubs his face.

            "Hmm.  So your not a Vong wearing one of those things?
          I'm sorry!  I wasn't expecting you so I only...please
          forgive me.  I thought you might be a Vong in disguise."
          He begins to back up and paces.  "I don't know what
          to reward you with as I didn't expect you. I have a cache
          of gold?  Would that be good?  Is there something I
          on behalf of the High Elder can do for you?"

            Kiet has been quiet and distracted once he saw the strange
          man in the shadows.  A bad feeling comes to his stomach as
          the man speaks to the others.  At times he picks at this
          food as if distracted.

            Luvac turns to Kiet and smiles.  "The one that is
          not eager to fight.  I wish to especially thank you
          for guarding Zhou. "  Kiet wonders if he knew Zhou
          would be dead at the time of the letter was made? Luvac
          pulls out another box 2 javelins and a set of fine
          ornate boots.  Then a book onto the table from another
          box.  "The book is a crafting tome on enchantments.
          It is not rare but it may be more to your liking as
          it may give ideas to enchant better ropes including how
          to make them teleport, move or even attack.  These
          two javelins are enchanted and will improve your chances
          in combat.  These boots are enchanted acrobatic boots.
          Seeing you at the wedding was wonderful.  These boots
          I ordered special for you.  They will improve your
          basic acrobatic skills as well as other nice benefits
          that you might find useful."

            The Dark Lander turns to Raban.  "My gentle giant!
          I do not know how well you fought but you amaze me.
          For such a gentle person you can be as powerful as a
          demi god."  He pulls a ring and places it on the table
          then a jeweled box.  "This ring will help you to
          detect almost perfect and flawless gems.  I heard
          you asked the Citadel Jeweler of such a method.
          So here is his personal ring in debt if you so
          choose.  The Box is a special tanning box which will
          improve the tanning process and improve the overall
          quality of tanned items.  I've seen what you have
          made a few of your own tanned items and they are nice.
          This will improve the process overall."  Luvac then
          points to a box.  "Inside that box is a enchanted
          bridle.  I know that you have trouble riding and
          with your large frame may harm the horse.  This
          bridle will lessen any load you have on the horse.
          It also is enchanted for a few other things."

            Luvac turns to Z'leyra.  He pulls out a scroll
          and then a odd looking charm.  "This enchanted
          Charm allows you to view inside a body through
          the use of the God's Eye spell.  This was made
          by my private healer and I offer it as a choice.
          As a healer it would be critical.  This scroll
          though on the other hand allows you to access a
          special Ticasi library that only a few can access.
          By selecting the scroll you would be one of the elite
          members to do so."  Luvac then points to a table
          with a sheet on it.  He goes and reveals it to be
          a bed.  "This enchanted bed allows you to diagnosis
          and heal patients.  this is for when you decide to
          open a Healer's school.  But without a school it might
          be a bit useless."  He smiles and nods.

            The mysterious stranger looks to Kell.  Kell just
          smiles and sips his fine wine.  In fact he realizes
          it is familiar.  Before Luvac can speak, Kell shows
          indifference by asking Kes the name of the wine.  She
          explains it is a Ba'ru wine and one of their best.
          Kell nods and then turns back to Luvac.  Sometimes
          a tactic of trading is to show indifference and lack
          of interest.

            Luvac finally speaks, "For the half Elf I have
          a few things."  From the box he pulls out a scroll,
          a tome and a shiny spear.  "These are your choices.
          The spear is enchanted and has some nice new combat
          enchantments.  The scroll is a promise to send you
          Oby Wan's merchant contacts  While we in the Lands
          do not travel much outside we do need supplies and
          often deal with merchants from around the middle
          world.  He has spent 15 years gathering this list
          of personal contacts for me.  Wine, Gem, weapons,
          armor and even some magic merchants in various
          nations to start off."  He taps the gold square
          tome. "This tome is from my personal library.  We
          have not had a major elemental master in some time.
          This tome covers elemental magic and a few aspects
          of that genre."

            Strie'bog who has been quiet listens to all of this.
          The chit-chat on past adventures has made him a bit
          nostalgic.  His eyes turns to Luvac when it is his
          time.  Luvac pulls out a whistle, scroll and a charm
          of some kind.  "This whistle will greatly enhance
          your calling of your forest friends.  The exact details
          will vary but you will need to experiment."  He taps
          the scroll. "When you were here I noticed you in the
          Citadel Library.  Asking Oby of any Dawana books.  I
          know the time was short.  But if you wish I do have
          some rare and unusual Dawana books if you so wish.
          If so only take the scroll as my promise."  He
          moves to the charm which is a round amulet with
          a face that almost looks identical to a compass.
          "This charm will aid you to find sick animals,
          blights in the forest and trees and other very
          nasty things a forest may not need or want."

            Strie'bog looks to the group and looks sad.  His
          normal half-green-lady-green features seem even
          more green.  "I have decided to return to my
          home as well.  I need to help my mother with the
          blight there and ensure it is taken care of.  Once
          things settle down I may come back to help in saving
          the world."

            Finally Luvac turns to Will.  "My diviner said
          your path was gray.  I hope that you have survived.
          If so then,"  He pulls out a small box, a belt
          and a scroll.  He shows the closed box to Will.
          "This box has some enchanted inking tools that may
          enhance your own skills in various ways."  He smiles
          then moves to the belt.  "After seeing or rather
          heard the battle from the place your group called
          the Carnival grounds I thought of something that
          may help you.  You seem to like Flight magic.  This
          belt will enhance the spell and even help on sudden
          spell loss among a few other benefits.  Lastly, my
          diviner has told me you may need new clothing.  You
          were proud to make your own.  But if you so wish my
          chief tailor wizard has offered to make a suit of
          buckskins for you with various added benefits."

            Caladan points to Kaylle who is engrossed in a book
          of some kind.  Luvac squints and looks to the scrolls.
          After a few moments he finds one.  He looks to Kaylle
          to see if the description fits.  "Librarian?

            Kaylle look sup. "Hmmm?"

            "I see a note from the High Elder.  It seems when
          in Katai, Fremea found a captured Faerry?  the details
          through the staff was sketchy.  But with the help of
          the Diviner he learned Fremea gained some things from
          her."  Fremea nods uncertain should even do so.  She
          hasn't even had time to study the stuff.  Luvac
          continues, "the note here mentions that you may need
          be of help.  How I do not know."

            Kaylle looks to Fremea and vice versa.  The scholar
          Kaylle looks uncertain and nods.

            Luvac begins to gather the scrolls from the High Elder
          he had to read and place them in the satchel.  "I hope
          you enjoy your many choices.  I understand that some will
          return to the Dark Lands." He glances over at Chion
          briefly.  "I would wish to return that way with my task
          complete.  That way Z'leyra's bird can return and such
          that should still be there."

            Luvac begins to sit down and pours some red wine.  But
          Farseeker grumbles.  "Excuse me!"  Luvac glances over at
          the man while eating a strawberry.  "What about Zhou?
          you just ignore him?"

            "Of course.  I'm sorry.  As to that.  The diviner
          did not see his death.  To her he was still alive.
          I wish to take him back with us for a full burial.  He
          will share all the honors that everyone here does."
          Luvac tries to speak with a piece of the strawberry
          still in his mouth.

            Farseeker frowns and crosses his arms in disgust.

            Luvac notices this and he swallows, "I only met
          him once.  He died a hero but a dead man can't
          take rewards with him."

            That is when Farseeker jumps to his feet.  Before
          he lunges though Raban reaches for the man and pulls
          him away.

            Raban looks to Luvac and gives a expression that
          implies the man should rethink.  The Giant speaks
          softly, "I'm sure you feel bad and for his family?"

            Luvac nods, "of course!  I do not know of him well.
          But he did have a cousin I talked to once.  I will
          put a word in with the High Elder that any reward
          should be given to his family."

            Farseeker seems to take this and finally calms down.
          He steps back and sits down.  "So tell us what do you
          recall about him?"

            "Zhou?  A bit timid but always eager to please.  The
          one time we met was at a festival.  This is when a
          Law wizard took offense and demanded a challenge.  Of
          course being a non wizard this was unusual for a wizard
          to challenge a normal.  But Zhou used his brains to
          trick the man into a stable.  The man slipped on a
          pile of manure and hit his head on the wall knocking
          him out.  He was declared the winner but then after..."

            Luvac continues to spin the tale as the winds outside
          pick up.  The dinner is eaten for some time and most
          will remain at the table for a hour or more.

          [Time: 1:37am - Sivas, Marentia]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update...Friday?

          GM: A big update.  But this should be the last big one
              for some time till I post the IBTs of folks. Trying
              to come up with rewards for a party who is both
              rich and powerful can be hard.  But there is some
              behind the scenes reasons for the above choices.
              You are free now to start the IBT though I suspect
              at least 3 already started.  I will do small updates
              if any, for awhile.  I have a LOT of behind the scenes
              work on the IBTS and still some character sheet updates.
              The 14 gold is already added to sheets.  I did the
              above with area for replies.  So Luvac would wait and
              pause before going to the next person.

          GM: Floyd you are welcome to jump and post any time.  I
              know things are starting to slow.  This is the period
              between adventures.  It is alot of work for me.  You
              are free to also do IBT time.  If you do not understand
              I'll answer any questions in email.  Once all IBT is
              over and we can move onto the actual adventure.  A good
              pbem allows Free and Adventure time.  Free time allows
              one to do whatever.  But that can be dangerous and
              confusing.  In fact in the first adventure the notorious
              Greg Red spent a FULL summer wasting time for others as
              he went on his own.  So the adventure slowed until he
              suddenly was found dead.  So I do allow free form to
              do whatever you wish in IBT time.  Folks can join or
              do single person.  Adventure duty I tend to guide
              things as best I can though with enough free will
              to allow fun.  So this is the IBT (6 weeks) then
              the adventure starts.  In fact during the adventure
              there may be more free time like day of travel to
              practice a skill or such.  But mostly it will be
              guided to a goal.

          GM: Archives - I didn't get Mark's post above on the
              archives.  So it is missing. I got it on the list
              email though.  So this is why I post all public
              posts in the recap to ensure to see what I get.  Also
              to add any comments I may not have done in email.  If
              you do not see a post on my site (within at least
              a few days) or the archives then it never got it.

          GM: Link update on website.  Future Adventure #7 ideas
          l   link.  I know its way in the future.  But I added
          a suggested from Alex on Z'leyra's adventure taken from
          a email (a long set of paragraphs).

          GM: Healing/Rest:  If you would like to get healed you
              can ask Arawn/Z'leyra or such.  I will be using
              the updated stats for Mana regen and other things
              for the Augado 11.  If you need to know how much
              mana you are done let me know and I'll send that
              to you if not already have.  If no healing is done
              I will assume basic natural healing.

          GM: IBT Time -

              Last reminder.
                * IBT link has examples and such
                * If all/part is to be private note as such or else
                  it will be public. I will NOT post every detail.
                  I will just post a generic view.  Instead of 10
                  lines of practicing a sword a certain way I will
                  simply say 'practices sword play today.'
                * prefer format with Days 1-X or using dates
                * If you need help from others like making items you
                  will need to get with that player so you can work
                  it out.  It should be in the same place and same days.
                * For those leaving Sivas I recommend being back by
                  Sepes 23 or 24th.
                * At the end of the IBT you may want to conserve mana
                  for the adventure.  Hate to need someone to teleport
                  to X and no mana to do so. :)
                * If you buy stuff or add things let me know in the
                  IBT so i can add them to my master sheet.  This
                  sheet is kept for me and with my own GM notes.  I will
                  send a updated sheet if requested after IBT.
                * If you are unclear on something or not sure on how
                  many points you'd earn or ask!

              For Chion he will send folks to Dark Lands but he would
              prefer to be back by at least Sepes 22.  If you go with
              him and return remind me in that day.

              Augado (August) 10 - Return that night to Sivas, Marentia
              Augado 11th - Midnight debriefing in Sivas Inn (upcoming)

              Augado             11-31 - IBT time period [21 days]
              Sepes [September]  1-24 - IBT time period [24 days]

          GM: CP/IBT Report

                Player       CP Action    IBT Action    Notes
              Arawn          Queued          No Info
              Ben'dar        Completed      No Info
              Caladan        Completed      No Info
              Chion          Completed      No Info
              Farseeker      Completed      No Info
              Fremea         Completed      No Info
              Kell           Completed      No Info
              Kiet           Completed      No Info
              Raban          Completed      No Info
              Strie'bog      Completed      No Info
              Unali          Completed      Queued
              Will           Need Info      No Info
              Z'leyra        Queued         No Info

              Completed - Finished
              Queued    - Has info/Work in progress in order of when got it
              No Info   - No info / Need data

          GM: Spells active

              Will      - Armor Transmutation, Mind Shield
              Raban     - Bless (OCV)
              Farseeker - Bless (OCV)
              Arawn     - Bless (OCV)
              Unali     - Mind Shield
              Fremea    - Mind Shield,
              Z'leyra   - Mind Shield, Bless (Con), Clairvoyance

              * = Soon to end (next update?].  I may NOT post this
              info unless I remember to do so. :)

          GM: My immediate schedule:

              1. Adventure #6 Timeline - 90% done
                 I have it in my head now I just need to write it
                 all down so I can get it done.

              * Z'leyra's Tweaks (EL tweaks)
              * Z'leyra's CP improvement changes
              * Unali's IBT time