[pnpgm] Game Update #270

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Thu Jan 3 22:32:12 CET 2013

TELEPORT:

   Arawn should still be able to cast Translocation if it's needed though it looks like we're set.

UNALI:

   Arawn is fine with hiding out/waiting for Unali if she has business to finish up

TIME WITH THE BRAIN:

   The mix of sadness, hope and peace within the Brain brought Arawn's eyes to brimming while it's telepathic revelations were startling and appreciated. The vast scale of knowledge was profound and as the few remaining Vong were brought to his attention he couldn't help but wonder at what mischief they might cause.
   When Omini prepared to leave moments later Arawn turned his attention to the vong, smiling as he replied,
   "Nor I you. Go in peace."

   Arawn's eyes continued to water, tears beginning to flow as he felt the final, fading thoughts of the Brain. Blind and though alone in the mountain Arawn refused to allow the Brain to die alone, if only telepathically. Wishing he was there to hold it's flailing limbs but unable to do so he instead projected warmth and comfort as best he could through the link, a mental hug of sorts to this dying entity. As the final thoughts passed through his mind Arawn barely had time to ponder them when he sensed the link was gone, the druid spending a time crying alone as he prayed for the both the Brain and the Vong.
   Knowing that time was short he joined the others after scrambling out of the tree. As he walked up to them the Brain's final words echoed in his ears and he wondered if the words had been meant for alfar or the Brain. It was something Arawn planned to find out. He waited for the others to finish speaking with Lin before doing so himself.

   "The Brain is no more and the portals are closed," he informed those present.
   "But before the Brain left this life it informed me of the location of the creature that was to be used to destroy this world."

   Arawn pointed off in a direction, passing on the creature's location along with the vulnerability to salt shared by the Brain to Lin.

   "Also, the other brains and vong items will soon cease to be but a small handful of vong warriors along with perhaps three Shapers and eight Executioners remain in this world."

   The images had been fleeting but he did his best to describe what locations he could to Lin.

   "I will keep an eye out for them and see to it that others do so as well. If you find any outcasts, do what you can for them."

   "In the meanwhile, over the next few days or weeks, you should evacuate people from the area. The Mount is set to erupt now, that is inevitable, though it may take days, weeks, or even months before it does. Watch the animals for they will likely know before any of your people will."

   Eyeing the newcomers (Malic included) Arawn walks up them, giving Cronis a wry smile before bowing respectfully before the wizards.

   "Thank you for your aid and please pass this on to the Merkabah, Qux'Tuv'eluv, if he yet exists. He underestimated the Vong and was last seen being chased by the Vong flying ships as he escaped through the volcano top.
   I hope that I may call you and your order friends, or at least an ally. My name is Arawn if you should ever have need to call on me.
   Do not forget what has happened here and, time and space willing, I would pass on my notes to you once I have scribed them. What has happened here should never be forgotten."

   Looking to the farmers he adds,

   "Take care of them," his words directed to both Lin and the wizards. "They have suffered more than most will ever experience and will need help to heal and restore their lives.
   If either of you ever have need of me, call for me."

   Moving to offer his support to the farmers he then waited for the others before preparing to depart before the army arrived.