[pnpgm] Game Update #42 - File #161 - The Painitng

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Thu Aug 1 23:15:02 CEST 2013


          .
   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
     .NPC...............YY..Niko..............Bearer..Normal/Human  ..Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
      Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #42 in sequence (file #161)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

      Admin Notes: None.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      [Recap]

         From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
           Waiting around for Arawn to get information from this annoying
           man is driving her nuts. She just wants to pounce on ...

           (more to do here, depending on what she finds)
         GM: Ack. Good stuff.

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Keeping to the background Z'leyra finds a quiet corner and
           casts Mana Shield at EL0 on herself for practice. After that
           she casts Mana Sensing EL0 then Mana Reading EL0 both thru her
           staff and looks at her equipment to familiarize herself with
           the results of the spells.
         GM: Ack.

      --------------------------------------------------------------
      [New Stuff]

          [Sepes 28th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Salaqara, Donara]

          [Time: 2:05pm - The Gallery]

            Waiting around for Arawn to get information from this annoying
          man is driving her nuts. She just wants to pounce on him and show
          him that his talk is worthless and his secrets can be had.  Or
          maybe she will just sneak away from the group to find the
          information herself from his office, though she might not be able
          to read it all. Just one more look from him of how triumphant he
          is about his greatness and the crappy artwork hanging here and
          she will silence him.

            Thank the Sidh Gods that Raban came back when he did.


          [Time: 3:01pm - South Salaqara - Heading to House]

            Barely containing her impatience as they move to the house, her
          eyes and ears helping her to detect the slightest wrongness and
          how to break into the house that they came for. But, when Raban
          calls her over and calls her his cousin, it surprises her.

            Taking a second to glare at him for actually looking down at
          her, she composes herself a bit more quickly. "Yes, Cousin," said
          snidely, "I am glad that you got me a look at the art for my
          school project." Her demeanor as she walks into the house says
          it all, spoiled, arrogant and just a bit more privileged than
          she should be. Turning to the servant, "Thank you for
          hospitality, I shall not linger long, I just need to study the
          painting for a project of Gorlic artwork." She walks around the
          house to look at the different artwork, and eventually comes to
          the painting they are looking for.



          [Time: 3:11pm - South Salaqara - Muon Burz's House]

            As Fremea looks back to see the servant close the front door
          she sees Raban giving his sly smile.  That man could charm a
          gold tooth from a female beggar.

            The servant walks inside the foyer and Fremea looks around.
          in the foyer there is a painting of some old lady in portrait
          form.  As the servant waves Fremea forward she walks down a long
          central hallway.  Along those walls are smaller paintings of
          a guy on a horse and a female holding a blue bird.

            Nothing of great significance to her but she is not a real
          art critic.  After they round the corner to the east side of
          the house Fremea notices a vase on a table.  The quality is
          very high.  As she passes her feet suddenly stop.  She stares at
          the vase.  A memory flashes into her brain.  She has seen that
          vase before?  But where?  Then she realizes the nightmares.
          The last few weeks.  Something in one nightmare.  Something
          about the vase shattering but not sure why.  Could there be
          more than one such vase?

            "Move along.  This is really unusual.  If Mr Burz caught
          me it could be my job."  The woman begins to move to shove
          Fremea but the winged Sidh flinches.  She does not want
          to kill the woman yet.  So Fremea moves on.

            While Fremea is given the house tour the group walks to
          the side.  From the street the garden is obscured by a large
          hedge.  But the group finds a gate.  There is a small swing
          gazebo fit for 3 people.  There are 6 other outside stone and
          wooden chairs.  To the south the dock can be seen and the Sea
          of Tears.  The foot bridge they crossed connected a jut of land
          from the north city with this area.  It is possible this may be
          a major flood zone.  This explains why the house is at least
          4 feet off the ground elevated with a crawl space and probably
          a basement.

            The group outside can see a small boat fit for 4 for rowing
          but nothing for major sea travel.  It is possible a larger
          sailboat may be away.  Maybe that is how Burz got to Ticasi?
          Kiet who knows ropes can see one station of rope just lying
          on the dock which probably fits a larger boat.

            Back inside Fremea notices the ceiling is 15 feet which means
          the place is not cheaply made.  In each area there are chandeliers
          of nice glass in rooms and in hallways more of metal for cheaper
          design.

            Finally Fremea is led to a door.  "This is his library.  Do NOT
          touch the books.  Don't touch the painting your fingers might
          be dirty."  She opens the door and waves Fremea inside.  Fremea
          tries not to glare at the lady but she is only doing her job.

            Upon entering the room it is brightly lit by a overhead
          glass chandelier and a couple wall mounted candle holders.  To
          the left and right are large book cases.  In front are two
          windows to the back of the house to the water.  To the right
          is a small table with 2 chairs for possibly reading.  To the
          left in front of the other case is a couch fit for 3 that
          faces the table to the right.  At the door to the left is
          a smaller table with water and drink bottles on it.  To
          the right of the door is a small cabinet at knee height for
          a normal man.  On top is nothing but the cabinet is closed.
          Directly in front of the door is a medium sized table fit
          for a light work load.  There are some scrolls, quills and
          ink on it but that is about it. Fremea could barely fit
          lying down on the table it is that small.  In front of
          the desk are two cushioned chairs. In total the room is
          30 feet wide and 15 feet long.

            Fremea enters and feels the green carpet under her boots
          make a slight crinkle noise.  There is nothing on the walls
          except the one painting which is directly in front of the door
          and behind the desk between both windows.  The glare of the
          windows seem to block a good view of it.

            Fremea walks toward the desk to get a better view.  She
          can feel the presence of the lady.  Why will she stay? Doesn't
          she have dusting to do?

            "I--I will...", the lady stammers.  Fremea wonders if she
          hit the booze early.  Then Fremea is surprised to hear the
          door close.  She turns and finds the lady gone?  Very well
          even better.  Fremea can hear the lady say something that
          sounds like "jump" but can't hear the full words.

            Now with the glare away from her vision she sees the
          picture.  It is a night scene.  The viewer is as if standing
          on a cliff overlooking a valley.  At the bottom is the edge
          of the cliff and below in the long range are pinpoints of
          light.  She is unsure if they are campfires or bugs.  It
          is a bit hard to figure out.  Above a half moon shines down
          on the valley.  Gorlic was a landscape painting so this fits.

            Fremea detected no magic in the room but looking at the
          painting is very bright as a magic source.  The frame is
          clean but the art is the bright spot.  She is unsure if its
          the paint itself or the material it is painted on.

            Several minutes seem to pass quickly without notice.  Fremea
          can feel like touching but is unsure without getting Arawn
          to help her.  Yet it seems to want to draw her to the picture.
          Like a dog curious about a dead bird eager to inspect it.

            Suddenly from somewhere a force pushes her and she is slammed
          into the painting.  Then all awareness fades from Fremea.


          [Time: 3:16pm - South Salaqara - Muon Burz's House]

            It has only been five minutes since Fremea has been inside.
          but as Arawn is inspecting some nice rose flowers Kiet notices
          something odd.  The lady is now seeing in the backyard.  She
          is walking toward the dock.  Kiet taps Kell and grunts and
          draws the attention of the group to see her.

            Then she walks onto the dock.  A few seconds later she is
          nearing the edge and then jumps off.  Kiet and Raban jump up
          to figure out what is going on but the lady does not seem to
          be swimming.  A odd time to swim in a full maid uniform in
          either case.

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Monday...

          GM: A short update but a good place to stop.  Tobie will be
              getting an email.  Below is a rough map if need for visual
              reference.

          GM: Wout - Got your email.  Will deal with it soon.

          GM: Map -

                /I\
                South     1 Row = 10 feet
                          1 Column =10 foot

               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#~~~~~~~~~~/
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~@#~~~~~~~~~/  Bridge
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#~~~~~~~~/
               :                              Dock       :
               :                                         :   S
               :               OO                        :
               :          SSS                            :   t
               :          SSS                            :
               :    -----------------/\-----------       :   r
               :    [                            ]       :
               :    [                            ]   $$$ :   e
               :    [                            ]      *:
               :    [          2 Story           ]      *:   e
               :    [         Home 35' high      /   ****:
               :    [                            ]       :   t
               :    [                            ]       :
               :    [                            ]       :
               :    [____________  ______________]       :
               :               I \/  I                   :
               :       Porch ->I     I                   :
               :               I-,,--I                   :
               :                 ,,                      :
               :                                         :
               :                                         :
               :----------------[---]--------------------:

                               Street

              Legend - /\ = Door
                 : - Hedge 10 feet tall of thick bushes
                     on street side a small wooden fence (N/W)
                 O = Outhouse
                 S = Shed building
                 ,,= Steps to porch
                 ##= Dock
                 @ = Rowboat
                 ~ - Water/Sea of Tears to south
                 **= Outside chairs
                 $$=Gazebo
                 [ ] - Walls to home

             City is North and West (Bottom /Right of map)
             South is the top of the map

             Remember look at website if need to see map better.

             While the bulk of the city is in the north (Bottom of map)
             the residential area is secluded and so the party had to go
             a bit off the side track and then back over this way rather
             than a direct way.  So this is why the Bridge is in the south
             West area.







More information about the pnpgm mailing list