[pnpgm] Game Update #226 - File #1408 - Portals and Brains, chewy, yummy, tasty brains (if you're a zombie)

Murtha, Mark Mark.Murtha at dish.com
Thu May 17 19:18:28 CEST 2012

[Portal discussion]

Kell listens while finishing his work.  "I will examine it also.  Perhaps between all of us we can devise a way to close it, if it can be closed.  Oh!  What happens if we close it?  Should we merely leave it alone?  Whilst closing it sounds good, maybe that will give yet more reason for attacks on the middle world."

Happy that he has the empathy of a large rock, Kell knows his chances of vomiting after casting a Detection are low.  Too bad that lack of empathy doesn't help negotiating a deal, but it does help with not worrying about fleecing narcissistic, overbearing, annoying sacks of dung that have too much money for their own good.  Sweet talking without all the annoying empathy has its benefits.

[Kell can use Detection at max EL on the portal if necessary.  Detection is another of Kell's favorite spells.]

----
[healing, etc]

Ha'Kell responds to the healing offer with a negative shake of his head.  "I'm fine for now, I'd rather not tempt fate.  Later though I will need it for my arm." Spoken in a deadpan with a wry smile.

He'll watch over those being healed and watch the stairs on both sides, pondering how to assault the world brain.

"What is at the top of the other stairs?  Are there two brains?  Chion, can you check it for us quickly?"

----
[the girl]

Kell gives her a warm smile, happy others give her healing and comfort.  For some reason she reminds the trader of the girl in the Dark Lands, Nakomis.  Thinking to himself, if we all make it out alive, this poor girl's family is dead, perhaps she can go live with Nakomis and her family?  Start over with a new life?

Giving the girl his best smile, showing off his beautiful face and trying to project an angelic presence, "What is your name?  How old are you child?"

----
[world brain strategy]

Scratching Squirts ears Kell thinks for a few moments about the World Brain's location. That's very defensible, and the brain itself having tentacles makes the assault even more dangerous.  Another round of Big Earth Buddies may be necessary here.  They can flow through the solid rock and attack from the rear, distracting the whole room as we teleport in.  Hmmm...

Speaking his thoughts out loud, "This sounds very bad.  They have a excellent defensible position, we'll need to take advantage of that.  The narrow entrance we can avoid with teleporting.  Distractions will help."

"How about I go one level below the entrance, then summon another round of my Earthen buddies.  I'll send them through the rock and have them attack from the back of the cave.  This will distract all the Vong and the brain.  Once Vong are fully engaged, we teleport in with 2 groups and attack from three directions.  Elementals from behind, one group from each side.  That will give us the surprise, hopefully.  We can finish them quickly.  Arawn and Kiet can free prisoners in the room."

"Fremea and Will can be archery support, firing into the room but not entering it."

"Thoughts?"