[pnpgm] Game Update #196 - File #1298 - A new guest

Scott Adams longshotgm at netzero.com
Tue Nov 22 20:52:01 CET 2011

  HT Aliaver/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     NPC...................Captain.Lin.......Warrior.Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

     Private emails (not public actions) to longshotgm at netzero.com

     Game Update #196 in sequence (file #1298)

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Arawn seemed to ponder Caladan's words for a moment before
          replying. "You're right. Bonding might be effective and...
          Realizing the time it would take to properly search the
          Shapers he spoke to the party and Captain Lin.  "Would someone
          mind searching the Shapers for any items they might...
        GM: Ack.

        From Will: [Re: Actions]
          Here is where the damage was taken

          [pnpgm] Game Update #188 - File #1273 - T2: Ph 1 Pit combat
          Vong #8 stabs Will in the middle right ribs and does 6 points
          of additional damage.  The buckskin armor takes damage and
          destroys it.  His Ring mail though backup is still in tact
          for now. Will realizes now he is seriously wounded.
        GM: Ack. Wow.  You did the homework.  It doesn't mention the
            behind scenes damage in total though.  I can't recall
            the exact details now.  But this is basically how such
            a thing happens.  Armor A/B.  X damage.  Let's say A\3
            and B\1 AV.  Damage is 10.  So A takes 3 off damage to 7.
            But A takes the full 10 initially so x5 so -1 to AV2.
            Armor B takes 1 from the 7 and passes the 6 to body.  Which
            is the final damage of 6.  Armor B would also be -1 to 0
            and destroyed due to the x5 rule.  So while one is
            destroyed other is not.  Of course one can argue which
            armor is primary and such.  Some wear simple leathers but
            wear metal armor below that to show they aren't as well
            defended.  But a guard might wear chain and maybe in another
            jerkin under it.  To me it makes more sense to get rid of the
            bucksin as its easy to replace and buy compared to the Ring.
            But since you did get the homework done I can listen to what
            you want done.  I can reverse it and destroy the Ring but
            can't recall if the full damage was also enough to destroy
            the leather.  Since I can't get that info now I'll just
            get the buckskin back and get rid of the Ring if need be.
            I do think one has to be destroyed due to the massive
            damage that had to have happened. Simple math there.

         [Augado 10th, 1634TH]
         [Location: Middle Katai Plains]
         [          Mountains west of Pamau]

         [Time: 1:27 pm - 1:45 pm]

           Arawn seemed to ponder Caladan's words for a moment before
         replying. "You're right. Bonding might be effective and efficient
         but if it does alert the Brain then all is lost. It might not be
         worth the risk at the moment. But we still need to free the
         people and quickly. I'll hold the strap for now just in case but
         magic might be the safest and fastest option."      An idea
         suddenly seemed to hit him and he turned his head in Chion's
         direction.

           "Chion, I have something that might be able to free the
         prisoners and a  few other ideas as backup but in case they
         don't work or somehow aggravate the Vong construct would you
         be up for tagging along, maybe teleporting them free just in
         case things go poorly?"-

           Chion crosses his arms across his chest in thought.  "Usually
         teleport includes the things they are wearing or holding.  But
         then again if he Embrace creature thing has normal Vong high
         resistance it will not be teleported.  It could be tricky with
         just one person much less three.  We don't know if they have
         some communal mind so if one Embrace finds one being affected
         it might tell the others to kill the other two.  It would be
         great concentration and skill."  He resists the urge to smirk
         in light of the danger. "But yes I can try."

           Caladan raises a arm to get attention of Arawn, "I could help
         there as well.  I could try to get them to fall asleep.  If not
         to endure the possible pain that could happen but to avoid being
         suddenly teleported by a evil oversized man."

           Realizing the time it would take to properly search the
         Shapers he spoke to the party and Captain Lin. "Would someone
         mind searching the Shapers for any items they might carry?
         Especially the orange pills we found earlier. It may be the
         only chance these people have of removing the coral implants
         in their bodies and living some semblance of a normal life."

           Raban considers the task but knows flying about in the
         cave with frightened magicphobic people will not be wise.

           Zhou looks to Kiet and Strie'bog.  "Why not one take this
         side the other the east side.  It will speed up things a bit
         rather than one person running around.  Plus each has some
         magic knowledge so can figure out what they may find."

           Strie'bog pushes Kiet forward to take one side of the cave
         before he can protest.  Zhou gives a sigh of relief that
         Kiet won't bother him for at least a few minutes.

         [Time: 1:45 pm]

           As Strie'bog and Kiet head to find the Shaper bodies,
         the final work on the prisoners come to an end.  Z'leyra
         had to use a bunch of healing wraps but should have enough
         for the future.  Unless Raban needs to be wrapped like a
         mummy.

           Ben'dar leans to against the rock wall bored that the group
         isn't killing more Vong.  Suddenly the Vong door opens and
         a Warrior enters.  Striding through with spiked boots the
         warrior suddenly notices the prisoners, dead Vong about and
         the group some distance away.  He begins to turn to
         the door again and raises his amphistaff.  But Ben'dar
         is behind him and impales him in the back with his magical
         spear. After the Vong falls to the ground, Ben'dar does
         one final push with his spear to kill him.

           Farseeker looks over toward the door's direction some 100
         feet away.  "Remind me not to annoy Ben'dar.  But it seems
         more could come as well.  We need to get going soon before
         others come."

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update....Friday?

         GM: Small update.  Update on computer stuff.  Did major
             cleanup on room today.  While this isn't newsworthy,
             it is as not been cleaned in some places in over a
             decade.  Due to clutter.  Old computer (this one on
             now) has been moved to spare desk.  New one will be
             installed Wednesday afternoon.  Still got a bit
             of cleaning to do for it.  I work Turkey day so will
             be possibly side tracked for update.  But we shall see.
             Odds are if I'm messing with new computer I may be
             busy with it.  I have probably 2-3 weeks to install
             old software to new stuff and get new software updated
             like ICQ and such.  So unless tons of good posts come
             in I'll let folks get to old stuff first.  Then I will
             try to work on update next week if possible.  But things
             could change and I could still work on a fast one for
             Friday if I'm up to it.  Still have many things to settle
             which I covered in the last update. I will keep netzero
             till 1/1 by then I should be switched to Comcast email
             so will need to get update to lists and all that jazz
             which happens with new emails.  Probably couple weeks
             will need folks to post to the new email address once
             I get that setup.  This is a small update due to new
             computer (keyboard) is in different place used to with
             different chair.  Gotta get used to working here.

         GM: Arawn so what is the plan? Sapphire? You have a good
             set of actions but need to know what order as they
             have changed.  With the teleport above I'm unsure
             the order you want things done.

         GM: Happy Thanksgiving to all in the USA!