[pnpgm] Mind the gap!

Murtha, Mark Mark.Murtha at dishnetwork.com
Wed May 25 15:51:30 CEST 2011

[Hehe.  Love the Mind the gap!]

Kell looks at Raban and the gap and just shakes his head, with a wry grin.

Listening to Unali's report, then thinking for a moment, Kell bounces from one foot to the other.  Then he stands still, listening to Farseeker and Caladan.  Never one to be quiet, most people probably wish he's shut up more, he adds, "I agree, they don't know we are here.  Were I them, and I knew about us, I'd send a swarm of bug to eat us.  Yet that hasn't happened."

"Any attack should wait!  Once they know we are here, it will become a continous fight.  We still don't know where the world brain is, or where that portal is.  If we can find those, we can stop the invasion.  Those are the keys to stopping it.  Whilst attacking their ampistaff growth pond could very well be something we must do, lets wait to reveal ourselves as long as possible.  Stealth is our best ally right now.  They may be able to send hundreds of warriors against us."  Looking around in the dark cavern at the group, including everyone as he speaks.  Some are more relaxed, and some, like the Captain, are more tense.  His vision is so much better than most, for which the half-elf is thankful.

"Fremea can use her spyglass to get a complete view of that room.  Are there any of the leader vong?  Any traps or hidden sentries, or do they vong think their base is so secret they don't have any protections here?

Where are the entrances?  There must be at least one into it.  Possibly only one.  If so we can use that against them.  If there is more than one entrance, we need to plan for that.  Whatever we do, planning is key.  We need all the edges we can get in this fight.  It's our only shot."

Switching to Marentian so the Captain hopefully doesn't understand, "The time for hiding our abilities and who we are has ended.  The Captain has no choice now but to trust us, or he'll die.  He knows this.  One or two of us can stay near him just in case he decides to act foolishly once he knows more about us.  But Fremea needs her wings back, and we'll be using magic again soon I foresee.  We can either tell him a bit, or just let him see it as things unfold," giving Fremea a hard and friendly look, a playful intonation at the last.

[pause to allow response, hoping ppl agree to this and two ppl watch the captain.]

Back in Katai, "Fremea, can you sneak through there and give as detailed a report as possible?  With another as escort possibly, and not alerting the Vong to our presence?"

[Scott, I did get the joke, that was my feeble attempt at a response.  Lame I know.

Happily he revised his date, now it's October.  So we have a few months.  :)  ]