[pnpgm] Question on Spells & Alignments - re: Law, Chaos, etc for Protection, dispel, etc

Alex Koponen akoponen at mosquitonet.com
Thu Mar 3 05:42:32 CET 2011

Back in the '80s I asked Richard Snider about alignments. And got this
answer:

*ALIGNMENTS Are there 4 or 7 distinct alignments? i.e. do you need 1
spell (Protection vs. Elder) to protect you from: the Kotothi, the Sidh,
the Elder, The Shamanic Elder, or do you need 4 different spells? This
also applies to DISPELL/BANISH and to SUMMONING.*

[4][1] There are four distinct alignments. Within the Elder alignment,
there are four subdivisions. Dispell/Banish Elder is good for any of the
four groups.

See http://abroere.xs4all.nl/pnp/adderrata.htm

For how to make spells or items that affect multiple alignments I
suggest rereading Permanent Magics.

         Alex Koponen