[pnpgm] Game Update #169 - File #1194 - Party enters Growing area

Scott Adams longshotgm at netzero.com
Wed Jun 8 09:02:34 CEST 2011

  HT Aliaver/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

     Game Web Site - http://www.furvert.net/longshotgm/pbem/index.htm
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshotgm at netzero.com

     Game Update #169 in sequence (file #1194)

        From Will: [Re: Actions]
          Will gives a snort "reminds me of a two headed mule cant tell
          which way it's going"
        GM: Ack. Wasn't clear if this was OOC, personal thinking or
            actual talking.  Looks like personal insight.

        From Kell: [Re: Actions]
          And here I actively waited for everyone else to post.   My
          waiting can't wait much longer!
        GM: Ack. This is a common thing though if all wait then nothing
            is posted.  Best to just post what you think then backtrack
            if you need to change things.  Instinct is just a best move.

       From Will: [Re: Actions]
         True I liked Kells idea of putting our cards on the table and
         actively scouting the way to the brain but since our grope cant
         seem to decide  on a strategy I'm at a loss as to what to do next.
         Plus I don't like the idea of the captain at my back if he decides
         he prefers the Vong  to us.   Maybe Unali will weigh in and we
         can pick a direction.
       GM: Ack. Theres always bad and good things when cover is blown.
           Each must weight those risks.

       From Kell: [Re: Actions]
         Agree with all your points.

         Part of my post will be Kell giving Zhou a bit of his mind, aong
         those same lines.  If the capt doesn't like us, then we can either
         tie him up and leave him or...  Hopefully cpt realizes the vong
         are worse than us so we get his help too.

         Arawn can try the map, maybe it'll point to the brain.

         Or Kell can go take on the whole room by himself.  ;)  It could
         work...
       GM: Ack.

       From Will: [Re: Actions]
         If we are going to charge out and attack the Vong lets put the
         captain in front so he dies quick and at least that would be one
         less thing to worry about.

         Assuming we follow the same order and file out of the slit one
         at a time Will continues to keep an eye on the captain.
       GM: Ack.

       From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions[
         Encouraging the captain to go ahead. Z'leyra will step behind
         (out of sight of) the captain , receive the Sending from Will,
         then quietly cast spells in preparation for scouting.
         [trigger Dark Vision, cast Invisibility, Levitation,
         Insubstantiabilty... put away staff and ready sling] then go
         scouting ahead.
       GM: Ack.

       From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
         Not sure what's being said IC vs. OOC but if Arawn catches wind
         that the map is needed he'll pull back a bit and take out the
         Vong map and begin a search. He'll stop from doing this or end
         it if the entire party is ready to move out.

         Also, just in case an arguement begins with Zhou, Arawn will
         quietly mention that now might not be the best time, as the Vong
         are right around the bend.

         After hearing the scouting report he comments,

         "Unless the Vong leave the chamber soon I think a fight's....

         OOC: Is Z'leyra trying to coax the captain forward and into the
         vong cave?
       GM: Ack.  Not sure what she is doing away from the group really.

       From Will: [Re: Actions]
         OCC:  I believe Z' was thinking that as we can only file through
         one at  a time and it only takes 12 seconds to cast her spells
         and she is at the back of the line....  I like your idea about
         coordinate our attack on the shapers.  Do you want to use some
         sort of a signal?
       GM: Ack.