[pnpgm] Game Update #117 - File #900 - Party heads to Pamau

Scott Adams longshotgm at netzero.com
Fri Sep 10 06:59:26 CEST 2010

  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  Do.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

  Cover Story Info: [HD- House member, F-Foreigner, N-native non house]
     Arawn      aka Arawn         as Teacher to daughter [F]
     Ben'dar    aka Bu Da         as Horse expert        [F]
     Caladan    aka Ca Lu         as Guard/Archer        [N]
     Chion      aka Capt. Chu Mai as Sailor Trustee      [HD]
     Farseeker  aka Fu Sa         as Guard               [F]
     Fremea     aka Lin Mong      as Noble child         [HD] [Disguised]
     Kell       aka Swan          as Trader              [F]
     Kiet       aka Kiet Sunan    as Zhou's servant      [F]
     Raban      aka Toban Nu      as Entertainer/Guard   [F]
     Strie'bog  aka Sun Zhu       as Entertainer         [N]
     Unali      aka Tun Au        as Zhou's wife         [HD]
     Will       aka Sun Tzu       as hunt master         [F]
     Z'leyra    aka Kakita Junami as Healer              [F]
     Zhou       aka Zhou Wa       as Baron Noble         [HD]

     Game Web Site - http://www.furvert.net/longshotgm/pbem/index.htm
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshotgm at netzero.com

     Game Update #117 in sequence (file #900)

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          When he is sure that she is asleep Arawn will cast Regrowth (max
          EL) on baroness (recasting if he fails). He'll continue to keep a
          watch on her and monitor her progress. If he gets too tired,
          he'll attempt to keep watch in shifts with any other healers,
          resting during an off shift.

          Healing Herbs- As Zhou hasn't directed him to purchase anything
          he'll refrain from buying any unless the party is completely out
          of healing herb supplies. Sorry, not sure where we're at with
          healing supplies right now. Scott, any idea how we're looking on
          this at the moment?

          Coin- After hearing Zhou's feedback he give the HE's major domo
          a smile.

          "That appears sound. I'll hide the coin for the time being....
        GM: Ack. Healing herbs you'd have to search the bags of all
            folks to see how supplies are doing.  Zhou has no clue nor
            skill in healing so wouldn't know if 1 herb or 100 would
            be needed.  So its up to the healers to buy more if they
            need it.  I should have sheets out soon since we are
            entering the final half of the adventure.

        Post from Will: [Re: Actions]
          >Arawn will cancel any plans to sense/read/divine the coin.
          OOC:  Can mana sensing be turned off?
        GM: Ack. An excellent question.  In fact I'd love to expand
            on this in the main pnp mailing list to get a thread going.
            But you guys never seem to post when I suggest it. :<  But
            in short for innates it really can't be turned off as it
            is a extra sense but for a spell to be cast obviously yes.
            That's my short answer.

        From Arawn: [Re: Reply to John]
          From the reply on got from Scott on the topic, it is 'on' at a
          basic level at all times as it's a 'normal' sense for Sidh (so
          much like hearing or touch) but one can focus the sense, turning
          it 'on'.
        GM: Ack. Just to clarify that.  Hearing can't be turned off
            so its always on.  The level of information gained from it
            can be refined and controlled somewhat.  Like hearing
            you can pinpoint a conversation if skilled enough rather
            than listening to a whole room.  Same with the mana sense.
            By adulthood most Sidh can screen out the normal everyday
            mana signatures from normal items.  But can bring it back
            if needed.

        From Will: [Re: Mana sense]
          So its sort of like when your out with your wife and a scantily
          clad young lady walks by and you cant really look.  Given that
          example is it fare to ask what you do see without really looking?
        GM: Ack. More or less.  The male eyes are always on and alert.
            It's biological.  Of course like the mana sense for Sidh
            the male can tell you the measurements of that gal within
            3 seconds with a glance.  But if the wife asks how to describe
            the face he's at a loss.  So in some way that is how the sense
            works. :)  But I'll refrain from more details as my girlfriend
            knows how to get on the internet and read these things.