[pnpgm] Game Update #115

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Sun Sep 5 23:35:59 CEST 2010

Healing Herbs-
   Sorry for the confusion. Arawn isn't looking for herbs for himself. I was just reacting to the post as Arawn ended up in a healer/herbalists shop as part of his cover (on behalf of Zhou it seemed) so brought up the idea of shopping for healing herbs to restock the parties supplies only if Zhou or someone else in the party DEFINITELY wanted the herbs/healing materials and was paying for them.

Replying to Caladan's warning about possibly having a booby trapped coin-

   "I'm really not curious on the specifics of how it was made or whom it belongs to. The problem is that the man didn't tell us exactly HOW to use it," Arawn replied.
   "My interest in studying it is an effort to find out just how it's to be used. But if anyone has any insight into this..."

   Arawn carefully took notes as Unali shared her information regarding the barons, vong, and allies with the party. One name in particular stood out and when Unali looked his way and brought up Nom he looked into her eyes and nodded.

   "Nom was mentioned in the scroll found at the witches cabin at the edge of the Vassa woods."

   Arawn pulls out the singed scroll and unfurls it for the party to read.

["The Plan is set in motion. Nom has seen to connection in ---- ---- (missing ink or destroyed]. The Brain is almost ready in Rising Mount. The House is supportive. Major operations [burnt text here but looks like word "are"] are in action. Soon the time of [---destroyed text---] -Harla will be set.
   Product will be expected in one season. Be careful of locals. kill anything that hinders Product. Nom will send Attendent to collect Product.
   You are only to oversee Product development not interfere in operations of Growers. No contact should be made unless in extreme emergency."
   At the bottom of the scroll is some symbol of what could be animal wrestling another animals as if in a circle one on top of each other.]

   "It bothers me that Nom seems to be working with one of the noble Houses. As to the Brain mentioned, after Rua's tale I think we can assume this is the master brain, the tool used to destroy planets. The problem is locating Rising Mount in the nearby range but hopefully Nom or the barons might be convinced to share this information when we find them and prevent the Vong gods from rising to power in this world."