[pnpgm] Game update #77 - File #650 - UFO Combat starts

Scott Adams longshot at cybermax.net
Tue Mar 9 09:02:38 CET 2010

  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  Do.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  ...Thomas.Magann.........Whitney...........Scholar.Normal/Human..Ma
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

  Cover Story Info: [HD- House member, F-Foreigner, N-native non house]
     Arawn      aka Arawn         as Teacher to daughter [F]
     Ben'dar    aka Bu Da         as Horse expert        [F]
     Caladan    aka Ca Lu         as Guard/Archer        [N]
     Chion      aka Capt. Chu Mai as Sailor Trustee      [HD]
     Farseeker  aka Fu Sa         as Guard               [F]
     Fremea     aka Lin Mong      as Noble child         [HD] [Disguised]
     Kell       aka Swan          as Trader              [F]
     Kiet       aka Kiet Sunan    as Zhou's servant      [F]
     Raban      aka Toban Nu      as Entertainer/Guard   [F]
     Strie'bog  aka Sun Zhu       as Entertainer         [N]
     Unali      aka Tun Au        as Zhou's wife         [HD]
     Whitney    aka Whitney       as Herbalist/Tailor    [F]
     Will       aka Sun Tzu       as hunt master         [F]
     Z'leyra    aka Kakita Junami as Healer              [F]
     Zhou       aka Zhou Wa       as Baron Noble         [HD]

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at cybermax.net

     Game Update #77 in sequence (file #650)

     Admin Notes: I have removed Shu from the above roster.

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          [depending on location? I must have missed seeing Raban on the
          map Raban will dismount from his horse, gather his weapons, and
          string his bow in preparation for shooting down this flying
          thing.

          [If others are nearby
          Raban asks "Is this a Vong thing or something of Magic?"
        GM: Ack.

        From Kell: [Re: Actions]
          [I have way too much to say/think about this, so I'll try to
          keep it brief.  Let me sum up...  Or not.    And I got the
          reference in your last post, just didn't have a reason to
          respond.  Waiting for something from Zhou's call.]

          As Ha'Kell watches the flying elephant-sized monstrosity angle
          around, he gets his shield and sticks on his helmet.  Thinking
          this can't be good, not at all, and his thoughts are confirmed
          when the MFD [Mean Flying Device. Get your minds out of the
          gutter.] shoots fire.

          He immediately kicks his horse into a gallop, the half-elf
          pushing his horse as hard and fast as he can heading for where
          he saw the MFD take off, the stable.  Thinking maybe there is
          more there, and knowing his ranged weapon won't be much use on
          that fast target.  If it's a Vong creation magic could be near
          useless, if not downright catastrophic to the caster.

          If he heard Raban, Kell calls, "No idea. I assume it is...

          [Scott, what are your rules for casting magic from horseback
          while galloping?  Is it possible?  What are the penalties?]
        GM: Ack.  I covered the rule in the other quick post.  It isn't
            a refined post.  The rule isn't officially worded and the
            modifiers and such aren't set in stone so it is hard to
            even list such.  It all depends on the situation.

        From Z'leyra: ]Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra gives a running commentary to those inside the wagon as
          to what is happening as she ponders possible responses to it.
          After the 1st attack she does suggest that being in the wagon
          might not be safe.
        GM: Ack.

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          Being that I'm driving the wagon...

          "I'm gonna follow Kell!"  "Heeyah!"  Snap the reins ....
        GM: Ack.  BTW if you want to get with Kell/Z'leyra on the
            driving schedule that's fine.  Or I could do Random
            d3.  Figure a 12 hour driving shift (4 hours per shift).
            If you want say first 4 or last 4 or middle 4 that's fine.
            That way there won't be surprise for future encounters.
            I can then enter the info into the wagon file.

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea quickly drops her disguise off her so her wings are out
          and she grabs her bow (normal) and arrows and jumps out of the
          window taking instant flight (as she has trained many times over).

          She will keep moving towards the take off point with the others,
          however using her flying ability to do quick movement changes
          when needed. If there is a place that seems safe for her to do so,
          she will stop and use her cold arrow spell to shoot the nasty.
          Otherwise, she will give chase behind it and shoot at it.
        GM: Ack.

        From Kiet/Will: [Re: Jokes]
          [Re: One liners from both below]
          True but he would make a good mine sweeper

          Nobody else was leading...

          <After Zhou yells he repeats it once more.

          Who's in favor of letting Zhou go in alone next time and we
          just stand back and watch.

          No, that's Whitney's job....

          True but he would make a good mine sweeper

          I thought the mine sweeper was the comic relief....

          Zhou is supposed to be the plucky comic relief.....
        GM: Ack.  So you guys don't respect Zhou's leadership?  Geesh. :)
            He is a pampered braggart noble.  He can lead folks to
            a good feast! :)

        From Whitney/Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          Whitney will resort to one of his hunting spells and cast
          Paralysis. It probably won't be strong enough for a full stop,
          but it shoudl slow the thing down.

          He'll follow it up with elemental powers for an air pact, then
          lightning bolts from his newly learned storm powers

          [Re: Kiet warns Whitney]
          No abysmals, please....I'm wearing metal armor...

          [Re: Whitney retorts to Kiet]
          then I guess an abysmal would make YOU the comic relief.

          [Re: Kiet replies]
          Ah, yes...I'm the one driving at break-neck speed while you sit
          on the back of the wagon....you kill me then kill yourself and a
          few others in the crash that follows.  Oh, what wit!

          COVER!  Everybody TAKE COVER!!!

          [Re: Whitney retorts back]
          fine, I'll put out the lights when told and let YOU chose MY
          spells for me.

          What spell do I have your permission to cast?

          You know, this commenting on every move I try to make is getting
          old. Grow up, please. It's really ok to let other players make a
          move without having to make a snide comment about it each and
          every time.

          Frankly, I'm tired of it. Last time I made a move that wasn't
          liked, it took me three days to get it let alone. I don't have
          the energy to have a three day argument every time I try and do
          something with my character. It's no wonder that out of about 14
          players, around 8 of them hardly post at all.

          As you obviously aren't adult enough to let it go, and let me
          make my own choices without chiming in snidely each time, I'm
          going to withdraw. You've made a point of sucking any fun out of
          the game. There's really no point in my playing if each move is
          going to be yet another damned fight with you, simply because
          you wish to be disagreeable.

          Scott, thanks for letting me in, but please, remove me from the
          game and the list.

          Oh, and as for the little mine detector crack, I wasn't the first
          to mention magic in this combat, nor have I had the character
          cast a spell since the ship. Yet, no one else's use of magic
          seems to have bothered you. It's almost as though you were
          looking for an excuse to make a silly ass snide remark.

          [Re: Kiet replies back]
          Actually, after the email where I said first "TAKE COVER!", it
          was simply an exercise to see if it was possible for you to let
          someone else have a last word...

          No one was trying to tell you what to do or not do (well, except
          with the lights...) with your spells.

          You could have just let the comment(s) go, and taken them in
          good humor, but no...

          DAS the B-sterd (beg pardon, that's Heartless B-sterd)
        GM: Ack. It was Arawn who did the lights thing.  But I'll take
            this as Whitney's last official game action.  After that no
            more spells will be cast.  Once I place a PC into npc mode
            I don't do spells unless its in dire need.  I don't like
            doing magic when I don't know what the player intends.

        From Ben'dar/Will: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar pursues the flying creature, shooting arrows as he
          rides.  Since he doesn't have magic, he figures he will at least
          draw the enemy's fire while the spellcasters in the group figure
          out how to freeze the thing.

          (Sorry I've been away for so long.  Moving the family to another
          country has been a time-consuming gig.)DKIM-Signature: v=1;
          a=rsa-sha256;

          [Re: Will asks about moving]
          Well, the one thing I can think of is sell your house before
          you go - renting it out is a pain.  I'm not sure about Mexico,
          that sounds much more foreign than the UK, since I don't speak
          Espanol.  Why Mexico?

          Cool any advice to pass along on becoming an expatriate?  I'm
          thinking that moving to Mexico after I retire sounds like a
          good idea.
        GM: Ack. Welcome back.  Hope things are going well in the old
            country.

        From Will: [Re: Actions]
          OOC:  I'm not sure who would be the closest or within shouting
          distance (I believe Will is still on his horse) of those who
          can sense mana (Arawn, Kell, Fremea, others?) but as the
          whatchamacallit flies over strafing us.

          Will asks "Do you sense any mana or is it non magical"
        GM: Ack.