[pnpgm] Game Update #104 - File #792 - Party leaves Fair grounds

Mark love_to_travel_mark at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 16:36:47 CEST 2010

Kell has been listening to this entire conversation as well, intrigued as
usual.  The half-elf just loves a good, yet almost useless, debate.  After
hearing Fremea he responds, "Justice and revenge?  Those are rarely the same,
but often cousins.  Can they be the same?  Good question.  I can't say.  For
myself, I would not give those people compassion.  Taking away loved ones,
important people, killing them, deserves either justice or revenge or both.
When, not if, I find the people responsible for wiping out my caravan and
killing my brother and friends, they will pay."  Flashing his assassin's grin he
continues, "They will pay dearly.  And I will enjoy giving this payment to
them.  Besides, people that would do these things often do many others like
them.  It is not just a one time act, but a pattern.  One that must be stopped,
just as the revenge pattern could be stopped, as Raban says."

"Whilst I agree also with Fremea that most Katai do no deserve to die, I am with
her that I will not hesistate to do what is necessary to stop the Vong.  If that
means, well, use your imagination..."  Turning directly to Fremea, "If you ever
need help, count on me Fremea.  I will help you, no asking necessary.  ...  Now
I have to speak with Unali."

Approaching her he begins, "Unali, I know most want to keep us together in one
group.  But I want to take two or three more and ride north to try and steal
that detector.  Having one of them to study could be extremely useful.  The
three or four of us can ride hard, find and steal it, then meet with the group
in a day or so time.  Riding we can make better time than the wagon.  Who should
go?  Either myself or Arawn or Fremea, for our sensing abilities.  Fremea should
stay with the group for somewhat obvious reasons, Arawn could be more difficult
to hide, so that leaves me.  Then Will for fighting and smarts.  You would be
great with your skills.  Then Chion as he looks native, and if we need a quick
escape Chion gives that.  What do you say?"  He says all this loud enough for
anyone nearby to hear, it's not a secret at all.

"If anyone else has other thoughts and ideas for this I am open to hearing
them."