[pnpgm] Game Update #101

john haight sang_real at msn.com
Tue Jul 6 02:10:21 CEST 2010

[Raban approaches Arawn, "Arawn, I am concerned about the girl. Would she
remember being dead? Even for such a short time, she may have been in
the presence of some deity or other agent before she was called back. If
she was and remembers and speaks of it, she puts her family and herself
at risk here. It would be a heresy of the highest order, they would have
to treat her like some abomination or demon possessed or worse. If she
was lucky they would just kill her, but I suspect they would do far
worse to her and her family."]

 -    I sent a message via ICQ to Scott in an effort to see if Arawn might have learned what, if anything, the girl recalls while he counseled the family and I'll get back to you on this when I hear from him.

   Scott, if it can't wait and if necessary to move the post forward for now, Arawn will counsel the girl to keep things to herself and family on such matters if she speaks of some sort of after-life or deific experience. He'd state it as something to be expected due to the 'trauma' she went through and counsel her to the best of his ability. He will not mention it as part of death and will not deny her afterlife experiences, if any, but he will not directly acknowledge them, instead allowing her to form her own decision.

   Forgetfulness will only be cast if Unali or Zhou desire it and only if the father can be distracted. If done it will be in an effort to 'numb' her memories to the trauma she has been through.

Katai Bounty Hunter-

   Arawn feels that the teleporting the bounty hunter a distance away will likely be the least complicated and most humane method of dealing with him. The gear can be confiscated if the party desires and the horses scattered. If the party wants to keep the horses then over the next several days it might be possible to hide the brandings or Regrow it with magic though this is not his top choice as it is risky until succesfully completed.

Last Minute Search/Departure-

   Arawn thinks a quick search of the jail house and any other unsearched buildings should be done before departing. He feels that the Vong bodies should be gathered for disposal so the family doesn't have to deal with it unless Unali or Zhou feel otherwise.
   As to limit any danger to the family Arawn is willing to leave quickly and not speak with them about their destination. The less the family knows the safer they will be.
  ......The only thing he wonders is- what will they tell authorities when they investigate the deaths/missing people? will they be able to keep themselves from suffering at the hands of government officials?.....

The Baroness-

   It would seem the baroness cannot be treated at the moment so Arawn suggests keeping her in the wagon and then moving out. His thoughts dance around Rua's words regarding energies or sound influencing both growth and shrinkage of the coral-like growth.

   "If she can survive through the next day we might be able to treat her. Rua mentioned that they can be affected by energies... sounds... but we must be careful. I will attempt to commune with other powers on this tomorrow when my energies are restored. Afterwards, and perhaps with the assistance of our bards, we can find a way to cause them to shrink and then spells to regenerate or regrow the missing parts of the baroness's body could be used to save her.
   Aside from this other options, though risky, might be to read the room where the baroness was in hopes of seeing how this was done in the first place or perhaps contacting her mind and attempting a telepathic communion. The insight could be valuable but the risk may end up proving to be too high."

Mana Detectors-

   While the group travels Arawn will use Mana Sensing near the limit of his range when passing over bridges, lone buildings/outposts along the road, and places where people might be 'hanging around' (fishing, standing around talking, etc.) along the road. He'll also include caravans and travellers along the way.

Vong-

 - Arawn will push to keep the Vong alive. He believes the humanoid should be given a chance and should not be judged for the actions of others of his race. He'd ask the Vong to stay with them for the time being as he'll be safer with them (also he understands the Vong could provide valuable insight over time). Arawn will treat the Rua fairly and look after him.

   To avoid issues with authorities he'd suggest a disguise, perhaps of one horribly disfigured to excuse a facial covering. And if the party travels into cities or other areas where Rua might be checked Arawn suggests Rua staying outside of the town/city along with Arawn and the baroness (and any others that wish to remain) while the others take care of things.

 - Arawn will ask Rua what it was he refused to do that caused the other Vong to imprison him

 - Also, Arawn will ask Rua about the items discovered- Serpent Crown, the 'bug swarms', 'lesser' and 'World' brain, orbs, etc- their specific uses, how they are used, ranges, etc.

 - He'd also like to learn more of his culture if they should travel together along with language if he's willing to share.

Healing-

   Kell, if you want Arawn to use his Healer skill on you let me know. Magical Healing might have to rest in other hands however as Arawn's used a lot of magical power today.