[pnpgm] Kiet muses to himself

Schnockel dasandersx at comcast.net
Sat Aug 21 20:13:13 CEST 2010

Damn...this weather is brutal.  It's been so hot that wearing armor is simply out of the question.  On the plus side, it does keep the riff-raff off the roads.  They're smarter than we are, I guess.

Speaking of smarter than we are, that pretty much includes the whole rest of this world, the Upper World, and the Lower.  Didn't the High Elder warn us MOST stringently about our use of magic?  Yet these people seem to cavalierly ignore the advice of someone SO experienced and powerful.  I do not understand.  And then this latest stunt of giving the captive Law Wizard a knife...what if these guards had a magic detector going?  I'm pretty sure the act of appearing the knife on the person of the mage would be detectable.  Sigh.  At least they didn't rescue him.  That hasn't always worked out so well.  And the fact that he's a Law orientation seems to make these people think he's a 'good guy', but they have obviously never before been under the oppressive hand of some of those Law cultures. Rules and regulations and requirements, but no real justice.  Ptah!

At least I am now monetarily rich...at least relative to what I was back home.  I just hope I am alive to see my rewards.

Eventually I must continue my quest for more of these Natural Magics.  And a serch for Smarag.  At least one bright side to being with this group is that it has forced me to improve my skills.  Few would care to stand up to my Smokeless Flame spell at this level.  Still, the others have shown me that there are creative ways many other spells can be used.  I am only planning to use mine in emergencies only, or in situations, like after the fight at the fairgrounds, where my little bits of magic are hardly noticeable with all the mana being cast about.

Kiet

PS...Smarag is a rough form of emerald....Smaragd is german for emerald.