[pnpgm] Game Update #43 - File #403 - Items teleported to Citadel

Scott Adams longshot at cybermax.net
Fri Oct 2 06:58:45 CEST 2009

  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  Do.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  R1 NPC...................Shu.Yeoh..........Wizard..Normal/Human..Fe
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  ...Thomas.Magann.........Whitney...........Scholar.Normal/Human..Ma
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar, 2 Donkeys

  Cover Story Info: [HD- House member, F-Foreigner, N-native non house]
     Arawn      aka Arawn         as Teacher to daughter [F]
     Ben'dar    aka Bu Da         as Horse expert        [F]
     Caladan    aka Ca Lu         as Guard/Archer        [N]
     Chion      aka Capt. Chu Mai as Sailor Trustee      [HD]
     Farseeker  aka Fu Sa         as Guard               [F]
     Fremea     aka Lin Mong      as Noble child         [HD] [Disguised]
     Kell       aka Swan          as Trader              [F]
     Kiet       aka Kiet Sunan    as Zhou's servant      [F]
     Raban      aka Toban Nu      as Entertainer/Guard   [F]
     Strie'bog  aka Sun Zhu       as Entertainer         [N]
     Shu        aka Shu           as Niece               [HD]
     Unali      aka Tun Au        as Zhou's wife         [HD]
     Will       aka Sun Tzu       as hunt master         [F]
     Z'leyra    aka Kakita Junami as Healer              [F]
     Zhou       aka Zhou Wa       as Noble               [HD]

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at cybermax.net

     Game Update #41 in sequence (file #403)

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          Raban laughs, "Personal experience is right. I learned from...
        GM: Ack.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Corona]
          Having made arrangements to have Will and Arawn take all her
          magical items and Corona back to the High Elder's to prevent
          the items from causing the party to be targeted, she goes for
          a flight with Corona.

          During the flight she explains to Corona about how she wanted
          Corona with her, but that she had found that it would be too
          dangerous for Corona and that she ultimately decided that it
          would be best for Corona to stay at the High Elders and observe
          until Z'leyra gets back.

          After the flight she packs up her magical gear and hands it to
          Will. the calls Corona and explains about the teleports that
          Will will carry her thru. She hugs Corona before handing him
          off to Will.

        [Julis 1st, 1634TH]

          The Blue Moon this day docks at Ci'jian the first Katai
        city the party visits.  On the north east peninsula several
        in the party visit the city.  Z'leyra almost naked from her
        gear being left on the ship gets help from Kell on buying
        a new suit of leather armor for her and a short sword.  She
        will need new armor and gear to replace the magic items she
        will send home if Chion teleports back.  She feels naked
        without her stuff and knows the leather and new blade is nothing
        compared to what she will be giving up.

                                        ---------------

        [Julis 4th, 1634TH]

          Raban is teased as being a ladies man.

          Raban laughs, "Personal experience is right. I learned from the
        best and even taught quite a few long before I became a Bard. I am
        still a teacher as need arises and opportunity presents. That is
        part of my job, after all. A Bard teaches and entertains as well
        as help those that need it. I work with the poorest as well as
        the wealthiest people, they are not so different at times.
        Understanding people is a primary part of being a Bard. Being
        able to feel what is really needed, what is covered by lies and
        deceits or simple embarrassment. I know quite a lot on these
        topics, which is why I spoke up like I did."

          Farseeker grins back at the giant, "you must show me how you
        teach the young gals.  Many like the uniform I wear back home
        but I'm sure a giant can be alluring as well.  Especially in
        the belief of large hands..."  He trails off as he realizes
        the other women in the party are nearby.

                        -----------------------------

        [Julis 4th, 1634TH]

          Hours after the pirate attack, the decision is finally made
        to teleport back.  Chion has been quiet of late and seems to
        be hesitant so Will and Arawn both offer.  It is soon decided
        that both will go.  Will will teleport up and Arawn will then
        teleport back to save magical energy and reduce danger.

          Both men announce they will leave before sunset around 4pm.
        Captain Sung agrees that he will anchor the ship for at least
        three hours in case of danger.  After that because of possible
        detection, tracking, weather, darkness and other factors it
        will be assumed the two are lost.  They will have to get
        to the mainland and find the party.  Staying too long at
        deep sea anchoring can cause damage to the anchor chain and
        ropes.  But Arawn and Will ensure it shouldn't take no more
        than 30 minutes up and back.  But the Captain has his doubts
        on this long range trip.  By now the three pirate prisoners
        are in the brig and secure with a sailor on duty at all times.
        So talk on deck can be open and frank, but not shouting since
        that could be heard in the brig.

          Z'leyra looks to Corona high on the rigging and decides to
        discreetly undress and change into eagle form herself.  She
        takes to the air with Corona and does high arcing dives
        and circles around the ship.  Both can't go beyond the
        ship's range or get overrun by the distance gap.  High above
        the endless view of ocean, Z'leyra speaks to the snow white
        bird.  She explains that at first she wanted him to be
        with the party.  But as more and more dangers become
        apparent she has changed her mind. She thought she could use
        other methods to hide the magic but in doing so that would
        put the party, herself and Corona in danger.  To put a
        Tonah into danger like that is something most Shaman don't
        do willingly.  She also assures him that if he is needed
        or her magic gear maybe both can be fetched.  As long as
        there are teleporters alive there is always a chance.

          Corona is quiet for some time but bows to her wishes.  He
        voices in not so many words that he is still getting used to
        this Tonah-loyalty thing.  Since he is not of this world the
        rules for it do not seem to apply.  But as long as Corona feels
        Z'leyra needs help he will remain with her.  Lady Varo had
        mentioned the rules of this world and how animals like dogs
        and that dirty smelly rodent with the red eyes seem to be picked
        by humans as pets.  A odd custom he has voiced to Arawn and
        Z'leyra over the last few months.  Z'leyra knows the bird is
        smart but in some ways of human customs he has a lot to learn.

          Some time later both land back onto the fast moving ship and
        prepare to depart one another.

          Near 4pm the ship is anchored in the middle of hundreds of miles
        of ocean.  For now the sea and weather are both calm.  Both
        Will and Arawn collect items and try to sort them into bags so
        they aren't mixed up.  Kell brings Squirt forth who seems to
        sense this and begins to hiss a bit.  Caladan suggests placing
        the animal into a sleep trance for the trip.  Otherwise if he
        escaped and fell to the ocean there would be no hope.  Caladan
        explains it will not harm the animal and he can be woken up at
        the Citadel.  Caladan quickly places his spell onto the animal
        after Squirt is placed into Will's backpack.  The animal soon
        falls asleep.   The animal and then tied in and secured.

          Z'leyra calls Corona over and hugs the tall eagle.  Corona
        knows that he only has to be nearby for the spell to take
        him and not be in contact.

          Zhou pulls a long scroll from his vest.  He hands it to
        Arawn. "This is a magically sealed scroll for the High Elder.
        It updates him on our situation.  It can only be unsealed by
        him without it being destroyed.  He will know how to do so.
        Hand deliver it to Oby or the High Elder himself."

          Will and Arawn head to the forward part of the ship with Corona
        and sleeping squirt.  The sailors are told not to enter the area
        for safe teleport back until they return or the ship leaves.
        Kell then suddenly remembers something and grabs something from
        his belt.  he hands it to Will and he sees it as a compass for
        better direction determination.

          With Arawn standing nearby in range of he spell, Will begins
        to cast magic.  At the same time Arawn also casts magic.  Arawn
        casts a divination spell to detect his immediate future.  But
        he sees nothing of concern.  Either the spell failed or truly
        nothing will happen.  Will casts invisibility and disappears.
        Will casts insubstantial and loses his body mass.  Will then
        casts levitate and floats up a few feet.  Will then casts a small
        teleport spell and heads straight up some distance.  Arawn nearby
        levitates as well so not to fall.  Will takes a quick look around
        and sees nothing but water.  After almost 10 seconds he casts another
        teleport spell this time taking longer and jumps over 1,000 miles
        north by north-west a bit.

          Arawn not invisible levitates in the air.  Both men scan the
        skies and notice large areas of forest below.  Suddenly 1 large
        creature flies through the invisible and insubstantial Will.
        Both are shocked to then notice four other creatures fly by.
        When they look further Arawn recognizes them as Hippogriffs from
        descriptions the party have told of them.  The five beasts do
        a slow bank and turn.  This is when Will suddenly becomes solid
        as the spell wears off.  Will quickly recasts insubstantial
        and loses mass again.  Fearing his levitate will stop he
        recasts it but the first attempt fails.  The hippogriffs are now
        about 30 feet away and moving closer.  Will recasts levitate
        and it goes back on again.  Will reaches out to touch Arawn and
        make him invisible as the creatures fly past the two men.  They
        fly past and circle the area.  Their nostrils flare as they
        try to smell for their prey. Corona circles the area visible
        and tries to avoid 3 of the hippogriffs and distracts them long
        enough to get Will to cast his spells.  As the five hippogriffs
        circle eager to find their prey, Will casts another long term
        teleport. It takes another 10 or so seconds.  Suddenly one
        hippogriff hits Arawn with his wing and circles back.  he tries
        to claw at the unseen Alfar.  But in that instant Will finishes
        the teleport spell and both leave the area.

          This time both men appear above another large area of forest.
        But this time a lake is seen below.  using their mental picture
        and knowledge of the Citadel they teleport over it.  Having
        arrived, Will squints down to the north village farm lands for
        a spot to teleport down to.  This is when his invisibility spell
        wears off.  Both men then teleport to a dusty open farm area.
        They wait a few seconds until they regain body mass and fall to
        the ground from the levitation.  Once on the ground they begin
        to walk south to the Citadel through the north village.

          Corona scouts the area out and gets to the Citadel well ahead
        of the two men.  Squirt amazingly remains sleeping in the backpack.
        As they reach the large iron gate they find it open.  Two guards
        are standing there.  One steps forward.  "This way.  You've been
        expected."  Confused both men look at each other and shrug.  They
        are escorted to the high Elder's manor.  Soon Oby meets them outside
        as they are led into the foyer.

          "Arawn and Will...yes you were expected."  He takes the bags
        of gear and hands them to another guard who takes them away.
        Will explains the situation briefly and Oby nods.  "Yes we can
        store the items.  The High Elder figured someone would come
        back like Chion.  We didn't expect you two though.  We figured
        Chion.  He had felt that some would ignore his warnings and
        then change their mind.  We didn't know when but we figured around
        this time.  Would you like some food or drink?"

          Will shakes his head explaining he only is here to drop the stuff
        off before the sun goes down.  Oby nods and assures them the gear
        and animals will be taken care of.  Squirt will be more a problem
        to store away.  But he knows someone who can watch him as long
        as the animal is nice.  Corona can take care of himself and be
        free around the area.

          "The High Elder would have liked to meet with you but he is
        meeting with three wizards right now on a domain border dispute."

          Arawn hands over the scroll who looks at the waxed seal.  He
        notices it is a magical seal as well and nods.  "I will deliver
        it to the High Elder when the meeting is over.  Good luck on
        your return trip.  Good luck on your mission."

          Arawn and Will leave having spent about ten minutes inside
        the Citadel.  Outside in the Citadel grounds Arawn and Will
        lightened by less gear and animals prepare to travel back.
        Will had been using a wand to drain the mana so isn't drained
        himself.  But Arawn will use no such item.   As they walk
        along the west side of the Citadel they notice Corona circling
        overhead.  At one point he lands on the roof of the manor and
        watches the two men leave.

          Heading into the forest a bit to avoid people the two men
        prepare again for teleporting.

          Arawn casts levitate and insubstantial.  Then casts a quick
        translocation spell to send both of them high above the forest.
        Arawn then recasts the translocate spell three more times. Each
        going around 360 miles south.  Using the compass and bearings
        they have to reorient their view slightly.  Arawn has to recast
        levitate and insubstantial as the spells end.  Since the next
        jump will go into the Katai lands he also casts a mana shield
        over himself.  Arawn then does one final long distance translocate
        spell sending both over the ocean.  They scan for the ship and
        find it in the distance off by probably a thousand feet.  But
        with line of sight now fixed they both are translocated one last
        back onto the ship.

          Captain Sung quickly raises anchor and the ship moves onto
        its journey.  Arawn recasts some energy spells to regain some
        energy loss.

          Later that night around the cramped and over crowded mess hall
        table the party sits for one last meeting-dinner.  As the meat,
        breads, veggies and soups are served Zhou begins.

          "Out plan in three days is to land in Jiquo in the merchant
        district wharf.  I had considered landing in the private noble
        or upper class docks. But there would be fees and attention
        paid to the landing.  Questions would be asked for which we may
        not be able to give all the answers.  The contact in the city
        is Tiehul Sal.  I have no idea if that's his real name but it
        is rumored he is from the Cerulean Empire and not a native of
        Katai.  The reason why some Chaos wizards send apprentices and
        other apprentices choose to visit Katai to him is that he is
        known by many in the Dark Lands.  There is some connection between
        him and the High Elder.  So he should be a trusted ally for our
        purposes.  He is known to work in the black market.  That is a
        good thing for us in that he can find us a wagon to use for our
        travel that may already be prepared for smuggling.  I suspect
        most of his wagons though are merchant supply style rather than
        a noble's carriage.  But we shall see.  He owns several businesses
        some legitimate in the city including a general store, gambling
        hall and tavern.  He should have many contacts we can tap into
        to learn information and rumors."

          Zhou chews some of his roasted salmon then continues. "I don't
        know how things will move or how swiftly.  But we have three
        primary tasks.  One to meet the contact.  Two to deliver the
        prisoners.  Finally to sell the pirate treasure.  With that
        in mind for those going to meet the contact we will ride on
        horses to the tavern to meet him.  I'm thinking for this task
        Unali, Arawn, Raban, Shu, Fremea, Whitney, Farseeker and myself
        will go to meet the contact.  Whitney I rather you not go
        alone in the city or to the barracks in case your description
        is out there.  Ben'dar, Chion, Will and Z'leyra can go to
        the local barracks and turn the prisoners over then join us.
        Caladan, Kell, Kiet and Strie'bog can go to the markets and
        sell the pirate treasure."

          "Of course if you wish to switch to a different team let
        me know.  This is best in that we can split up the tasks and
        not be one large group in the city.  Tiehul owns The Brass
        Mug in the north sector of the city.  I'm sure we can ask on
        the street for directions.

9999

                        -----------------------------

        [Julis 5th, 1634TH]

          Today Zhou goes around and talks to each person in the group.
        He ensures that all are secure in their alias and cover story.
        He tries to trick folks up with their names and background.

          Zhou approaches Ben'dar with a mug of ale as he cleans one of
        the storerooms of spilt lantern oil.  "Here drink this while you
        work. I wanted to remind you that most in Katai even in the
        rural areas are considered civilized, even the peasants.  You
        will pass fine in with little notice.  But I would avoid wearing
        the wolf headdress and the dragon teeth.  Those things will bring
        more attention."

          Zhou approaches Whitney, "we need to figure out a role for you
       in this party." He outlines each role and then asks.  "So what
       do you wish to be and do you want a cover name?"

                        -----------------------------

        [Julis 7th, 1634TH]

          Caladan stands ready for going ashore.  He leans against his
        warstaff which is more a walking stick than weapon.  His magical
        staff at the Lands.  the stick is only a simple pole weapon
        and not adorned in any fashion.  Over his Katai style clothing
        he wears some quilted armor.  His brown gloves and brown waist
        length cloak contrast with his leather jerkin and black pants.
        On his horse he stores most of his other gear like his composite
        bow and quiver and metal helmet.   His horse sits with leather
        barding which according to Zhou is not uncommon for some in
        the military or noble class to have.  He looks like a hiker
        with his small backpack on and leather hat on his head.  The
        cloak makes him look more civilized than what first glance
        seems to give.  It blows in the breeze as he waits on the
        side of the ship watching the shoreline.  Hours earlier he moved
        his magical bracelet to his leg hidden under his pants.  It is
        the only magical item he has at this point.  But the battery
        may be needed and it has a low aura if seen, but now his pants
        blocks it from being seen or searched.

          Ben'dar stands waiting as well grabbing his leather armor in
        places as if too hot in it.  But in fact the temperature isn't
        that bad its just not his dragon armor.  In that he felt almost
        invulernable.  In this flimsy leather armor he feels less safe.
        He fidgets with the armor and is glad he has a spare when this
        one falls apart in combat.  Ben'dar glances at the hold where
        Tef'wo is clearly eager to leave.  Dressed as Caladan's horse
        in leather barding.  Ben'dar smiles at the thought of Caladan's
        mount a fine Zen'dan plains horse.  But Tef'wo is no match
        for it by any imagination.  Ben'dar then frowns at the thought of
        leaving his armor, belt, dagger, other gear and especially his
        trusted pike at the lands.  Now he only stands with leather armor,
        normal daggers, spear in hand, bow and quiver on back.  Tef'wo
        has the rest of his gear but a normal spear is harder than his
        old pike to use.  Sure he knows he'll have to rely on his skill
        as a fighter now than magic.  But magic does help and in the case
        of the Vong it could be vital.  Dressed in simple leather jerkin,
        pants and boots.  Zhou had told him he could dress in his normal
        clothing or fine katai styles but most horse experts don't dress
        up once off ship after a long trip.  Ben'dar grips his gloves
        around the spear eager to get things going.

          Nearby Farseeker stands also ready to get into action.  While
        he served in ship duties during the long trip it was boring to
        him and just a duty.  Now with combat on the horizon his morale
        is increased.  He left his magical belt and lance at the Citadel.
        But now he stands simply dressed in Katai style jerkin and pants.
        His lower arms are bare with no gloves.  On his warhorse most
        of his gear is stored like a spare suit of chainmail, broadsword,
        battle axe and throwing axe.  Now in his guard role he stands with
        chainmail under his clothing as best it can.  The jerkin is clear
        he wears the chainmail and is armored as he clearly is not hiding
        the fact of wearing armor.  On his hip is his single weapon of
        his trusted great sword.

          Arawn soon joins the others after packing his stuff onto the
        riding horse.  Some in the party notice he left before going on
        the ship his lymrian books and the Elven plate.  Now after
        the recent teleport all his magic gear is left behind at the
        Citadel including his magical sword.  As teacher to the noble's
        daughter he has heard the interior cities are dangerous.  So
        now he wears his elven scale mail under his clothing just in
        case.  On his back is his quiver and bow not knowing when it
        might be good to teach archery in the wilderness to the kid.
        Some are concerned that he has no weapons on his body.  At
        least none that anyone has seen.  Without his magical sword
        he doesn't even have a dagger.  Some suspect that could be
        for his role or just no other weapons he owns.  But from the
        battle mind demonstration it seems he has some martial arts
        training.  Most of his gear is on his horse but he has a backpack
        on his back for some immediate items.  Dressed in simple leather
        jerkin and pants he looks dignified as a teacher in his knee
        length cloak.  Zhou explains that nobles do like their cloaks
        but even the middle class has such items.  To protect from the
        climate or simple secrecy many wear cloaks.  But the lower class
        rarely wear such things.  With gloved hands he places his Katai
        style hat on his head and combs his now long grown hair over his
        ears.  It would take concentration to detect his elf ears but
        at most first impressions it would be missed.  Instinctively
        he reaches for his face wrap which isn't there.  Zhou had suggested
        not to wear it.  Only the criminals are known to wear such things
        to hide their intent.  While some in the calvary wear them it
        is rare.  Arawn knows he'll have to get used to showing his face
        to doubtless thousands of people in Katai.

          Raban stands as best he can on the swaying deck.  He has been
        well adjusted to the deck but its not the sea that makes him
        nervous today.  It is who he is, his sheer size.  He wonders if
        too much attention to him will help or hinder the others.  He
        shifts from foot to foot as he considers the situation.  He
        glances to the others who seem to have not mentioned either
        way their opinion.  Not even Zhou said Raban would be a problem.
        Yet his cover story seems less weak not knowing some of the
        languages.  But the chance of needing such information is low.
        He rubs his arms missing his jeweled armbands he left at the
        Citadel.  Without his amulet he knows he will have to rely on
        his own strength and skills.  Worst of all he had to leave his
        mandolin behind.  One of his primary instruments the magical
        aura was too big.  He knows he will have to rely on his pipe
        and drum now if needing to entertain.  This morning he tried
        to pray to his goddess but just 3 days before he sent his
        religious accountrements away.  He hopes his goddess knows
        it is a serious matter to leave them behind and hopes she
        understands the reasons why.  His horse that has seemed to
        enjoy the rest during the trip knows the large man will be
        using him soon.  Most of Raban's gear is on the horse now
        and ready to move out.  Raban knows as guard he will have
        to look as such.  Of course his very bulk will demonstrate
        his role.  Standing on deck he wears his leather vest which
        seems to be a custom fit suit of leather armor.  Longbow and
        quiver on back.  Leather helmet on head and dagger on belt.
        He has a back pack of some items his horse doesn't need to carry.
        With arms crossed he stands in leather jerkin, pants, boots
        and leather boots.  His cloak looks a bit small on him but
        does good to protect his back.

          Kiet is also nervous but not of the land in the distance
        but the prisoners.  No one seemed to heed his warnings.
        In the last few days they didn't even try to escape so they
        could be killed.  Foolish prisoners.  Kiet had left or sent
        back many of his items including his magical sword and some
        minor non-magical gear he wouldn't need on this mission.  Kiet
        smiles to himself thinking of being Zhou's servant.  Zhou has
        treated him well and not abused him but has used him for
        show when needed.  But as time goes on Kiet realizes that Zhou
        is more weak than he thought and needs the help.  Dressed in
        leather and a fighting dagger on his belt he is ready to
        move out.  Zhou mentioned that most folks don't walk around
        the city with ropes on their belt but did say some farmers
        do or teamsters.  So in the end Zhou says Kiet should have no
        problem with his ropes.  With backpack on his back to carry
        some needed gear his donkey carries the rest.  Kiet wears
        simple Katai style tunic and pants.  the only thing that almost
        looks out of place is his high quality boots.  They don't look
        out of station but they show some coin was paid for them.

          Chion left most of his magical items behind as well.  But he
        has been seen with his staff.  A staff that would clearly be
        a death mark in Katai.  Many are concerned why he still has it.
        Most of his gear is on his warhorse ready to move out including
        his battle axe and crossbow. Chion's role has been less of a vital
        part but a simple sailor trustee is one for the noble to use
        as a personal liaison to the ship and naval operations.  On land
        Chion could be used for merchant deals with ships and the like.
        Now Chion stands in his sailor light fitting clothing of browns
        and tans of no particular national style.  Like the others he
        wears a cloak around his shoulders.  Under his clothing he wears
        a suit of chainmail and has a sword on his hip along with
        a sai for personal use.

          Kell misses squirt but realizes that leaving him at the Citadel
        might be better than him end up in some kitchen.  He just hopes
        the party doesn't get in some position where only a small animal
        like Squirt could save them.  He has heard the story of how
        Caladan's firesnake helped some of the old party escape from
        a jail by getting keys.  Like Ben'dar he will miss his magical
        spear but knows it is a risk.  Most of his gear is on his horse
        but he is ready to move out and act in this mission.  His role
        as trader is elusive but makes sense for a noble to have a personal
        haggler or one to deal in business affairs.  Most of his gear
        is on his horse or draft horse including his spare weapons and
        armors.  Most only have one horse but Kell has two horses.  He
        stands now on deck in simple Katai style tunic and pants of
        middle station.  But he is distinctive looking in his grey cloak
        with brown stripes.  Like Arawn he wears a black wide brim hat
        to disguise his head.  Zhou warns both men that the custom is
        to take off hats indoors especially in higher station areas.
        So they should seek the shadow if needed but both have grown
        their hair somewhat longer to cover their ears and forehead.
        Ha'kell wears under his clothing scale male and has a tulwar
        on his hip and dagger on his belt.

          Strie'bog finishes up storing his gear onto his warhorse and
        soon joins the others.  his role as entertainer allows him to
        be more relaxed in Katai.  Zhou says there are many street
        entertainers from the lowest beggar to skilled ones.  Most
        are tolerated if not over pushy.  He takes all three of his
        magical instruments along.  Unlike the others who dress in more
        subdued ways he dresses in fine clothing.  He wears fine style
        high quality tunic, pants, boots, belt, hat and even a nice
        exceptional fur cloak.  This clearly shows he is a skilled and
        successful entertainer.  His role as bard allow gives him that
        aura of a world traveler.  With gloves hands he places his
        backpack on his back.  Under his clothing he wears only quilted
        armor.  On his back is his bow and quiver.  He can get to his
        axe for combat but in most cases his gloved hands are empty of
        any weapons on his person.

          Even after seeing Z'leyra change her mind on her magic gear,
        Fremea still retains much of her magical items.  Even without
        inspecting Arawn and Kell can see the aura around her bags as
        the bags themselves seem to be magical.  That is until she
        wraps those bags into normal bags during packing.  Fremea
        confides in Arawn that she will hide her stuff in the wagon.
        She now stands on deck with her bags at her feet.  She is
        dressed in her fine noble quality silk dress.  For the last
        few weeks she has been slowly adjusting to wrapping her wings
        tight against her body to get the muscles used to it rather
        than cramping up.  Now though still annoying she is used to
        hiding her wings.  To further protect her back she wear a cloak
        to show no humps or bumps on her back.  It isn't a perfect
        look but no one should question it unless they touch her back
        for a long period. Unlike Kell and Arawn her normal long length
        hair is more natural looking and covers up her ears.  She does
        not need to wear a hat though her cloak has a hood if needed.
        Her weapons and armor is packed up but under the dress she
        wears her leather armor and has a dagger at hand with some
        effort.  Without a horse Fremea will have to ride on one of the
        other horses likely Raban's.  An annoying prospect rather than
        flying free.

          Unali stands at the side of the ship hands on the railing looking
        at her homeland get closer and closer.  She has been quiet for
        the last few weeks of the trip, more so than usual.  Little is
        said of her homeland or her past.  Many feel this may be a hard
        thing to come back now but the reason is not known why.  Her
        warhorse is stuffed with her gear bags, spare weapons and armors.
        The warhorse itself has chain barding which for her role as a
        noble would fit.  0Today she is dressed in her fine Katai style
        clothing of riding tunic and pants.  The dusty road will not
        need her in a dress at this point.  At her hip are the daggers
        that she is used to wearing.  It is clear from some auras seen
        during horse packing that she still has some magic items like
        her magical scimitar with her but hidden on her horse as best
        as she can get.

          With the pirate treasure had, Whitney pledges to the Captain
        to pay his ship fees out of it.  For his part Captain Sung
        allows his work time on board to pay for some of it.  Now
        he doesn't have to work his way for at least the last few days
        of the cruise.  He sighs at the relaxed muscles and wonders
        about his fate.  Zhou has pretty much made it clear either
        join or be detained or taken back to the citadel.  But Whitney
        agreed to join the others in this foolish mission to save the
        world.  He always know in a empire of 7 million he could always
        slip away and never be seen again.  Only this morning does the
        party remember that Whitney has no horse.  This will mean he
        will have to walk or ride in the wagon if they get one.
        Dressed in simple leathers he stands and grabs his backpack.
        Under his clothing he wears his leather armor and has belted
        sling and dagger.  On his backrack hangs his bow, quiver, axe
        and buckler.

          Z'leyra for the last few days has felt as if losing her friend
        and toys is hard to live with.  Some have whispered that sending
        the party down to a land of anti-magic is a test of the magic
        users.  Can they live without magic and their toys?  Until
        three days ago Z'leyra seemed to take that as a yes the risk
        was worth it.  Then suddenly she changed her mind.  Now almost
        naked of her accountrements she stores her gear onto her own
        horse.  She stores her shamanic drum away, while not magical
        it has markings that could raise eyebrows.  She looks at the
        leather satchel she made on the ship and compares it to her
        fine artistic one she sent to the citadel.  It just isn't
        the same but she stores her healing supplies into it and takes
        a brief inventory.  Her role of Healer will be easy to explain
        with her medical gear and knowledge.    She is dressed in her
        Katai style tunic and pants.  But has a nice silk belt, pouch
        and decent looking leather boots she made to replace her magical
        boots.  Under her clothing she wears simple leather armor she
        obtained a week ago.  She has a dagger on her hip along with
        a sling.  Also on her hip is a short sword she bough also a
        week ago to replace her much more powerful personally made
        magical great sword.

          Woodsman Will stores his gear onto his riding horse.  He
        wears personally made buckskin gloves, hat and boots.  His
        tunic and pants are standard looking along with the cloak he
        wears on his back.  On his back he has his bow and quiver.
        Under his clothing he wears buckskin leather and ring armor.
        ON his belt and in his boot are seen daggers.  On his hip
        is a bastard sword.

          Zhou is also on deck with the few bags he has on his horse.
        He is dressed in fine noble quality silks to fit his role.
        All of his gear is on the horse but he does wear a simple
        fighting dagger on his belt.

          Shu is identical to Zhou in that her gear is on the horse and
        only has a dagger on her hip.  She is dressed in fine quality
        silk tunic, pants and boots.  Unlike the others who are generally
        dressed in tan, browns and blacks her tunic is a bright yellow.

        Actions? Comments?

        Next Update...Monday...

        GM: All sheets are now updated and ready for landfall.  All have
            been sent out.  Let me know if you didn't get it.  I have
            heard back from Strie'bog and Robert is just busy with work
            but hopes to catch up soon.

        GM: The clothing above I put folks in was just basic outline.
            It can be changed if needed.  It was just to flesh out the
            scene a bit better.  Also to serve as a reminder that I
            have covered folks and ensured all gear on sheets like magic
            and what is taken, etc.

        GM: The main reason I did the clothing "on deck" stuff was to
            ensure all sheets were good.  Looks like Chion still has
            his staff.  Fremea and Unali have some personal magic items
            and magic items from treasure respectively.  Caladan kept his
            bracelet but has it well hidden.  So really only three have
            magic items at this point entering Katai.

        GM: All should be at full mana, health.  Only exception is Z'leyra
            who technically isn't at full Mana but has plenty to work
            with so not an issue.  Whitney I notice you have no horse
            were you planning on buying one?  Also what role would
            you like to be defined and/or alias?

        GM: Monday the ship will dock and will post more.  I was going to
            do a bit more in this update but I need to work on some notes.