[pnpgm] Game Update #11b - File #138 - Ship sails into Ma month

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue May 26 08:12:03 CEST 2009

  di
  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  Do.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  R1 NPC...................Shu.Yeoh..........Wizard..Normal/Human..Fe
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  Do John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar, 2 Donkeys

  Cover Story Info:
     Caladan    aka Ca Lu as Guard/Archer
     Farseeker  aka Fu Sa as Guard
     Fremea               as Noble child    [Disguised]
     Kell       aka Swan  as Trader
     Unali                as Zhou's wife

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #11b in sequence (file #138)

     Admin Notes: Part 2 of 2.
          [Last post]

        [Apris 15th, 1634TH]
        [Time: 12:01pm - Before party departs after meeting...]

            While in the forest Strie'bog asks Unali for some more tips
        on dagger fighting.  Already skilled Unali helps out but gives
        some new pointers and tips he doesn't have for a hour or two.  She
        notices the Vassa way is a bit different than her style which some
        might consider more "street" wise.  Vassan dagger from Strie'bog
        seems more duelistic or stylistic like in Marentia.  She uses this
        and teaches him some street wise moves thugs might use on him.

            Raban asks about Will's drawing skills.

            "It's," Will starts with a smile, "quite easy and lets you
        view life through a new perspective as you are forced to get out
        of your own head and see what is really out there."   Will flips
        through his pad of drawings showing them to Raban including one he
        particularly likes of a lone wolf staring back at the viewer from
        the edge of a forest.  "this one speaks to me sometimes I feel as
        the lone wolf."

            Raban grins and says, "That is quite good, but not something I
        think I need to learn right now. Perhaps on our return trip it will
        be possible... Thanks for showing me your art."

            Raban does consider art could be useful in his trade.  The
        poem and story books of high bards have some form of ink art
        in them.  Then there is the nude females he entertains.  What
        better memory than an actual image.  Raban glances around and
        wonders if his first nude studies might be Unali?  Maybe Z'leyra?
        How would a Faerry look without clothes?  Raban shakes off these
        thoughts quickly as it isn't becoming of a good bard.  But
        the human non bard side of him seems to think on it more.

            Arawn introduces himself to Will.  Will replies, "Thank you for
        your kind greeting I too hope we have the chance to share more
        stories as we travel together but for now Ki'ama thinks it best
        that I leave some details till later."

            Arawn smiled, "I understand. When we have settled in and the
        time is right I might share more of my own story, with you and the
        others for there is more to tell... more than I can say I actually
        recall."

                        -------------------------

        [Apris 16th, 1634TH]
        [Location: Dark Lands, Forest, Heading North East]

        [Time: 7:20pm - Second campsite near Novasa's Domain]

            Strie'bog continues a couple more hours of dagger practice
        with the Katai dagger expert Unali.

            Kell mentions to Will about skills he can teach the hunter.

            "Perhaps," Will replies, "when we have learned a little of the
        shield and tulwar we can spar against each other mock combat of
        course.  I had a teacher once who advocated the benefits of using
        your skill in ways that let you know by pain of mistakes if you are
        really learning."

            Kiet stops at Will's comment, and looks him over with a clearly
        judging eye, then says, "Ah, you tempt me greatly, newcomer, but I
        fear I might harm you in my zeal.  Clearly, with the Vong threat,
        we will need every person to be of able body, so I choose not to
        chance injury to you." Then Kiet goes back to what he was doing.

            Both Kell and Will look at each other as Kiet steps away.
        They aren't sure of the acrobat hurting a thing.  But both new
        men to this party don't know  how he fought recently especially
        against a powerful flying creature, of course that was magic.
        For those who hear and were in the flying castle combat know
        Kiet has grown more confident in his abilities.  That will be good
        for the future.

            Will speaks up so Kiet can hear him as he walks away. "Frankly
        I agree with your easement of the probable outcome.  As I may have
        mentioned before I have been to busy making my living as a hunter
        and trapper to train in combat in recent years but I did have a
        teacher once who trained me in how to spar so as to inflict just
        enough damage to make it interesting and worthwhile.  Since then I
        have actually found it useful when on one occasion someone had set
        up there trap line in a territory I had already marked for my own.
        Using my Sensi's technique I was able to very quickly convince the
        interloper of the error of his ways with out killing him.  A most
        valuable technique.  Applied to training my Sensi maintained that
        it accelerated the learning process greatly and with the help of
        expert healing such as are Z'leyra here could provide the risk is
        small.  Though as I recall my Sensi also said that killing a student
        or two each year kept the rest in line.  He was a hard master."

            Kell looks Will over again, examining him squarely.  He looks
        unhappy about something, possibly angry.  Frowning, Kell takes a
        deep breath and removes his black broad brimmed hat.  He looks at
        Will again, turns his head away, and paces back and forth.  After
        pacing several times he stops directly in front of Will.  Looking
        him square in the eye, jaw visibly tight Kell responds, “Will.
        Will.  I’ve known your type. The loner, caring about yourself, not
        knowing how to be a team.  Rogue.
” beginning to grin a bit, “Not
        able to see or take a joke.”  Kell is smiling broadly and starting
        to laugh now, “Of course I can teach you both shield and tulwar!”
        Grinning broadly Kell claps Will on the shoulder, hoping he doesn’t
        mind the joke, “I’ll teach you all I know and you will soon pass me
        in skill.  Maybe you can tell me more about yourself and how you
        arrived in our company while we train.”

            With a look that seems straight out of Chion's own, will
        simply replies. "Ha ha...ha"

            When camp is settled Arawn ask the party quietly if anyone
        knows Time magics. Caladan mentions that Xian does but he is back
        in Marentia somewhere.

                        -------------------------

        [Apris 17th, 1634TH]
        [Location: Novassa's Shadow Domain Dark Lands, Forest, Heading NE]

        [Time: 6:45am - Camp before getting to shore]

            While travelling Arawn speaks to the various mages of the group
        and asks, "Is anyone here skilled in temporal magics? If so I have
        an idea brewing in my head but would need some minor tutelage if
        someone is capable and willing."

        [Time: 12:10pm - Coastline Port]

            Zhou makes his comment to Kiet to get his own personal bags.
        To get into the role as noble and servant.

            Kiet immediately goes into the 'role' at his highest acting skill
        and says "Yes, Master.  Immediately."  He goes to the bags and
        scoops them up.  Kiet notices Zhou keeps one bag on his shoulder
        and a pouch on his belt.  Zhou waves dismissively back at Kiet
        as Kiet speaks up and grabs the bags.

            Zhou thinks of something and turns from talking to Cho and
        yells to Kiet on the dock. "Just put them in my cabin...the best
        on the ship of course...no need to unpack them.  Unless you feel
        it good for exercise.  Do be careful and not rip the silks." Then
        turns to Cho and speaks softer.  "So hard to find good people these
        days..."

            Will finds Z'leyra, "Thank you for your generosity I hope I
        have the chance to repay you when it really counts"

            Caladan talks about rulers and their ways.

            Arawn grinned. "I understand the argument but to me the big
        flaw is that we are effectively doing a job for the High Elder,
        whether we ask for pay or not is beside the point. The boat fee
        is no different than him paying for supplies. If he were to ask
        someone to build a castle for him it is expected that he cover
        the cost of material while the workers perform the labor. He covers
        the expenses and we perform the necessary actions with supplied
        resources. As for the Maros, example, it is different. If the King
        gave the boat as gift I can understand asking another to use it on
        his behalf. Such is not the case with the High Elder, we are not
        using anything he has gifted to us. We would in no way be debted
        to him because we are not asking him for a gift or handout, it
        would be the other way around as we are performing a service for
        free, now compounded by having to pay a hefty sum to perform a
        service he asked us to do. Kind of like asking the castle builders
        to pay for the materials and then build the castle for him. As for
         not understanding, sadly I have to say otherwise. I come from the
         realm of the gods and was raised in court most of my life. I've
         seen how such things are 'asked' of others when in truth they
         are expected to comply, sometimes for free if those asked are
         not powerful themselves. Those with power are prone to 'asking'
         others to do many things for them and though some are generous
         with those they ask favors of not all fall in this category.
         Those that are generous are usually very much so and look with
         much favor upon those that fall under their eye. I do agree with
         you though that the High Elder will likely fall into this latter
         category and likely the favor of one of his power is greater than
         what mere coin can offer to others."

            Caladan still leaning on his staff glances forward to see
         Kell's red-eyed pet nag Corona, then glances back at Arawn.
         He waves a hand faintly in a noble like stance too weak to
         wave but yet too rich to care he has seen nobles do.  "Well...
         to be honest.  No one actually ASKED for a payment or reward."
         He grins and stands tall. "I mean if Balrog or Varange was
         with us they'd demand a certain amount of gold or land out
         right.  Maybe the High Elder thought we didn't need it after
         you all did the castle thing.  Maybe he will reward us later."

            Kiet listens to the discussion and tosses in the comment,
         "Well, to me it seems that now Ki'ama is in debt to us, especially
         Z'leyra, for the cost of this trip.  I mean, he wouldn't hesitate
         to supply us with a horse, now, would he? At least, I like the
         idea of HIM beholding to US."

            Farseeker chimes in, "he also might be too high station to
         even suspect or know prices like ship fares.  I don't see him
         paying for such things without Zhou doing it for him."

            Will stands back and listens to the back and forth between the
         various people and ideas without betraying any emotion and says
         nothing.

                        -------------------------

        [Apris 17th, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, Heading S/SE]

        [Time: 4:15pm]

            After Captain Lesai mentions that the party will have to share
        horse chores.  Arawn nods.  "Thank you. I'll assist with the horses
        when the time arrives and appreciate the opportunity to assist how I
        may while aboard."

            Ben'dar can't help but smile at the thought of the Alfar
        sweeping the hold of stench and waste.  Ben'dar has done it
        on his own ranch but the divine Alfar might just melt.  It
        will be a sight to behold.

                        -------------------------

        [Apris 17th, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, Heading S/SE]

        [Time: 6:45pm]

            When the trip gets started, Fremea wonders if she will feel
        what Kiet is talking about or not. As they get underway, she does
        feel the pitch of the boat and is unsure of it, however after just
        a few hours she realizes it is just like flying, only there is
        something to stand on instead. She also finds as long as she
        doesn't fly too high, she can skim across the deck with her wings
        and miss a lot of the tipping around some of the others deal with.

            She takes to going up and using her spyglass to look around and
        see what is beyond the water, she notices that most of the time,
        unless there is land near, it really is just a wide expanse of
        water, with nothing else. Being in the night air feels exciting and
        refreshing. She practices many much with her cold and multi arrow
        spells, making sure she feels a lot more confident with them, she
        she believes this will be a huge help against the Vong. With the
        ship moving around so much, it also helps her to practice while
        flying, so she has even better aim.

            There are times she also would use her acting skills and
        disguise skills to do her best to fool one of the crew men into
        thinking she was someone else. Though hard to do, as they were
        captive on the ship, it seems that once in a while she could get
        one of the men to think she was a boy and had hidden away on the
        ship, "he" just happened to finally need some food and came out to
        find some. Once the crew man would try to capture her or report her
        to the captain, she would run away and seem to disappear only to
        come back as herself again and smirk about it.

            It is good to have Raban help her practice her skills though as
        she will really need them to fool the Katai.

            These things she intends to do and plans to do over the next few
        weeks aboard the ship.  If not for experience to get rid of the
        hours of boredom.

            With her magical spyglass obtained from the flying castle she is
        able to see far greater distances than the spyglass Unali or even the
        captain has.  Going south the coastline is always on the starboard
        side of the ship or due ahead depending on twists and turns.  For
        hours over the course of days she spends time looking at the
        Choshai forest.    Maybe she will eventually spot a Rowan tree or
        some odd looking creature.  Unlike the others she can simply then
        fly off and investigate and return.  Her night vision is also good
        for looking but the forest is just too dark to see.

            On another part of the ship Arawn and Kell have a quiet talk
        about background and father.

            Kell responds, "Thank you my friend.  Let me get some sea legs
        and I will tell you what I know.  Which is far less than I wish I
        knew."  Pausing, taking a deep breath and fetching a cup of water.

            "This is my first time on the ocean.  I'm getting bett..." he
        suddenly stops and leans over the edge again.  After a few moments
        he leans back. He rinses with the water and looks steadier than ten
        minutes ago.  He is still green, and people would swear he's a
        handsome elf if he had pointy ears.

            Just when a person gets used to the waves the situation changes.
        The first mate will change course and a new combination of pitches
        and high waves make you sicker.

            "I am getting better.  I can see the beauty of the ocean."
        Pausing to gaze over the ocean and admire it, admire the sun
        shining on the blue water.  "My father.  He's a full blood elf,
        last I knew he was in good standing with other elves.  He was very
        handsome, even for an elf, I inherited his good looks.  He was
        excellent with his bow, and impossible to find when he didn't want
        to be found in a forest."

            "His name was P'ter Malachi.  There is more to his name, but
        I'd rather give that in private.  He traveled a lot, and met my mom
        in Ba'ru city. She was there visiting some friends when they met.
        This was in late 1605 by the Marentia calendar.  They got married
        within six months of meeting each other, and I was born after
        that."

            "Whilst he traveled he always came home as much as possible, if
        not, he would write us letters.  When I was 11 he left on a long
        trip of some secrecy, he could not or would not tell us why he was
        leaving.  This was in 1621, by the same calendar.  We received one
        last letter in 1622, and it was very cryptic.  Since that letter we
        have heard nothing from him or about him."

            "I have a copy of the letter from him if you care to read it?
        Maybe it will help with other clues?  Let's go find it in my gear."
        They start walking to the tent where Kell has been sleeping on the
        deck.

            "I've met other elves and they are... reluctant... around me.
        I do not know if I can ever be fully accepted, which is fine.  I've
        been travelling alone for several years, and having a family-like
        group again is wonderful.  Thank you and everyone else for accepting
        me." Ha'Kell is also grateful for another Sidh, one that doesn't
        treat him oddly or with disdain.

            "We think he received some kind of summons or instructions
        from a council and that is why he left.  My mother likely knows
        more.  If we survive the Vong we can ask her.  Then again, he liked
        to just pack up and travel and have adventures.  There was the time
        he was teaching me to hide in the forests around our home on the
        edge of Baste..." the conversation trails off as they enter the
        tent to find the letter.

            As Arawn enters the tent he wonders if his mission on this world
        is to help folks.  First Fremea, Raban and now Kell.  Can he do it
        all?  Leaping from place to place.  Setting wrongs right.  Never
        knowing what the future will be.  Mentally he says "Oh boy" a human
        phrase he has heard some say when things get tough.

                        -------------------------

        [Apris 18th, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, East of Dark Lands]

            After the Chaos ship leaves the area Kell asks Kiet about
        the her he spoke of.

            Kiet replies, "The 'Her' is the second most powerful mage in
        the Dark Lands...and next in line, therefore, to lead there.  She
        is a Chaos sorceress who Ki'ama spends much time and energy
        avoiding and distracting, and blocking.  Those wards he put up
         were not only to stop the Gods...but Her as well.  I would not
         like to be associated with those lands should she and the other
         Chaos mages take control."

            The first mate stares at the chaos ship in the distance and
         raises an eyebrow.  "We've heard rumors about her.  Thought
         they were just stories in taverns.  The folks along the shore
         know how to trade and spend coin for luxury items.  But if you
         are right the trade would vanish...or improve with arms..." He
         considers this and walks away.  Selling weapons can be quite
         profitable for anyone including sailors.

            Arawn watched the other ship intently as it came into sight.
         Catching Kiet's words he quickly asked the group, "If anyone is
         really concerned I could transport myself over to the other ship
         while invisible and find out if they really are anything to be
         concerned with." He then looked at the others awaiting their
         reply.  Arawn had minutes ago cast a Sight spell to watch the
         ship, the same level of quality one might have with the magical
         spyglass if Arawn had asked Fremea.  What his eyes revealed
         with a disciplined crew going about their business.  Only two
         people, two males, seemed to watch the ship.  One with a
         spyglass of his own.  The other standing to the side looking
         grim and stoic.  A trait most Chaos oriented folks tend to take
         it seems.  As Arawn watched the men spoke but Arawn couldn't
         read lips.  Finally the one with the spyglass lowers it and
         shrugs.  Issuing orders to the crew.  The other man turns and
         heads below deck.  Their uniform aren't really uniforms as even
         sailors on this ship don't have any.  Just your typical free
         flowing sailor leathers and clothing.  The man with the spyglass
         must have been the captain or first mate.  Eventually the
         crew ignoring the other ship changes course and turns back to
         their Dark Lands.

                        -------------------------

        [Apris 19th, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, East of Dark Lands]

            Late in the afternoon people see Ha'Kell running around on
        deck, helping all he can, attempting to learn the work.  He still
        pauses at the edge, but is much better after a few days.  Only on
        the largest and worst times is he at the edge.  His sea legs have
        arrived.

                        -------------------------

        [Apris 20th, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, East of Dark Lands]

            After the First Mate talks to Arawn and advised they are about
        to leave the shoreline of the Dark Lands.

            "Good to know." Arawn replies, "I'm actually looking forward
        to discovering more of this part of the world. Maybe sometime we
        can share stories. There are couple places I would like to ask you
        about," a distant look came across his face, "of places far out to
        the east."

            Focusing once again he added,

            "But it's late. Perhaps tomorrow. Until then I'll keep an eye
        on our course. Take care and good night."

            "Aye." The First mate nods in the dark. "I am no world
        roamer.  But I know this region.  Lemasa, Katai and the lands
        nearby.  To the east?  Be dragons and endless ocean.  Ye be
        not wanting to go that way.  But there will be time to talk
        on this trip later." He starts to head off. "Unless a Kraken
        destroys the ship or that red eyed beast devil dog thing knocks
        a lantern and burns us down."

                        -------------------------

        [Apris 21st, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, Heading S/SE]

            For days Unali has started to put her skills into helping
        with ship duties and training others in combat.  But outside
        those work times she is quiet and aloof.  She is often seen staring
        over the side of the ship, brooding and looking back to where the D
        ark Lands are, now out of sight.

            This night at sunset she is brooding again looking at the fading
        sun over the distant shoreline.  Caladan walks by on his way to
        eat dinner, a small soup meal.  He stops and sees Unali acting
        almost like Chion a bit aloof and odd.  "What is wrong?  I figure
        to maybe see your family again might be exiting?"

            Unali glances over, "There is much more court intrigue going
        on there than I sensed earlier. That does not bode well for our
        trip." Then she seems to shrug something of. "Ah well, at least
        he is not paying, so we have no obligations either."

            Caladan grins, "Aren is rubbing off too much on you.  All that
        court work sifting through the mess trying to find spies.  Let
        us not worry about it tonight.  Come, let's have some soup."

                        -------------------------

        [Apris 23rd, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, Heading S/SE]

            After many days of ship travel the awe of Fremea seems to have
        worn off.  It did take three or four good days for any of the crew
        to get near her much less stop staring.  While it only took a day
        or two for Arawn's strange ears.  At least that they could figure
        to be some farm accident.  But the wings are just too strange for
        most of the crew.  For a long time Fremea was reluctant to even
        reveal she had such to the crew.  But after she notices the crew
        reacting lightly to Z'leyra talking to the horses or Corona and
        other folks doing magic or strange things, she figured it was
        about time.  The First Mate explains that since most of the crew
        have been up this far to the Dark Lands magic is not a strange
        thing to them. But Faerry is for obvious reasons.  None of the
        crew has seen such before.  They have heard strange stories of
        flying things in the magic realms but never this close.  Of
        course sailors have their own set of myths and legends of the
        sea and strange creatures.

            Finally a week later Frea adoesn't even notice the occasional
        glance toward her.  Most by now are simply curious rather than
        frightened of her.  The captain does warn Fremea not to be flying
        about on the various ports.  Choshai is close to Katai and
        rumors can spread.  Would ruin any safe passage the ship might
        have.

            As those not used to ship life get used to the daily routine
        and movement of the ship , more and more gain their strength.
        For the first few days Kell sleeps up on deck but once day is
        broken the noise of the crew is too much for sleeping.  After
        a week Kell's face becomes less green and he can now even hold
        his food down.  Of course those like Farseeker warn that wait
        until the ship goes through a storm.  That in itself is an
        entirely new experience.

            Yet Ha'Kell is done with seasickness, and appears to be learning
        quickly how to help with the ship.  He's no expert, but not the
        green-faced seasick man he was at the start of the trip. He even
        enjoys watching the beauty of the ocean, the seagulls, and any
        aquatic life he can.

            Will throws himself into ship board life.  Not only is this his
        first time on a ship of this size but he figures the busier he
        stays the better he will get through the first few rough days
        aboard.  He uses the opportunity of learning about seamanship to
        explore every nook and cranny of the ship.

            But even Will among all others are stopped in certain places.
        The Captain and First mate cabins are locked.  The passenger
        personal item or treasure lockers are locked.  But otherwise the
        ship is wide open to anyone who cares  Of course it is assumed
        that passengers respect other passenger cabins for privacy.

            Will pays particular
        attention to the masts and rigging as the actual sailing of the
        ship fascinates him the most.  If he has the chance he will
        participate in the setting of the sails and examine the rigging
        aloft.  When he is not busy with sailing related tasks he will
        pull out his sketch pad and draw people and activities on the
        ship. He draws them in detail including faces during conversations
        details of the block and tackle turnbuckles as well as well as
        some of the natural environment like the gulls and so on.

            The captain doesn't allow anyone to handle the rigging so early
        in learning.  He warns it will take a couple weeks before he'll
        allow land lovers near the rigging.  "The rigging and sails are
        the most dangerous part of any ship.  Aside from falling overboard
        they are the area most die.  Falling bags, rope hanging or booms
        going this way and that are very common."  But with that said he
        does allow one to get close.  The secondary rigging is up for
        low winds or down for storms.

                        -------------------------

        [Apris 24th, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, Heading S/SE]

            Today the weather is dreadful as the skies are mostly partly
        cloudy and drizzle cold rain falls 3-4 times this day.  Short
        spurts but enough to get the decks slick.  The temperature also
        seems to fall only in the low 30s as it seems a cold spot is
        hit.  While it might be spring in some areas it gets still cold
        this far north.  But with all this the ship makes good winds and
        sails 38 miles.

                        -------------------------

        [Apris 25th, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, Heading S/SE]

            Today the skies part and it becomes bright and sunny most of
        the day.  But temperatures only rise a bit from mid 40s to mid
        50s.  The captain says that the forest sometimes keeps heat and
        cold this time of the year and the warmer water makes havoc with
        the weather.  This is demonstrated with heavy fog in the morning
        for the first couple hours.  This worries the crew as going so fast
        in fog is dangerous with magic.  But the talisman can't be stopped
        until the daily duration is over.  It could be dispelled but
        would ruin the object and prevent faster travel.

            Around 1:39pm a ship is spotted by the crows nest watchman.
        In fact soon it is discovered 3 ships are seen.  As folks come
        up on deck it soon becomes clear their flag is Choshai and they
        are 3 merchant class ships.

            Soon the ships ahead start to zig zag in confusion.  Finally
        they decide after a lot of flag signals to head out toward the
        sea well away from the coast.

            Captain Lesai lowers his spyglass, "Choshai ships for sure.
        Common small ships smaller than this one.  Afraid of us from
        the looks of it.  Our speed seems to be scaring them." He turns
        and issues orders to the first mate to get closer to the coast
        to show the ship is not an enemy to them.  "Looks like a supply
        convoy of some sort.  Typical for this area.  To be honest the
        entire coastline has hidden coves.  We could sail by a village
        and not even see it if they didn't want us to.  Lucky for us
        I've been in this area for about five years.  I know where they
        want visitors and not want them.  We'll zoom by and let them
        see we mean them no harm."

            Within 20 minutes the ship has passed the other 3 Choshai
        ships by miles.

                        -------------------------

        [Apris 26th, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, Heading S/SE]

            This day it is cloudy and slightly warmer with temperatures
        ranging from 40s to 60s.  OF course the sheer wind of the magical
        movement is hard to tell true temperatures.  It is cloudy but
        no weather other than clouds are encountered.  Average winds help
        the magic and ship sails 34 miles today.

                        -------------------------

        [Apris 27th, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, Heading S/SE]

            Light amounts of clouds surround the ship today with the
        temperature about the same as yesterday.  Water spouts are
        seen in the distance but none get near the ship.  The winds
        that do the spouts are good today and the ship sails 36 miles.

            Near 10am the ship approaches 3 more Choshai ships in the
        distance.  These aren't moving and all seem to be fishing
        ships.  The seagulls, nets and stationed positions indicate
        this quickly.  The crews are stunned to see a fast moving ship
        zoom by them but seem to shrug it off and get to their fish
        catches.  Soon the ships are lost in the distance as the ships
        are avoided.  There was consideration for stopping but the
        magic of the talisman was invoked a few hours earlier and
        wouldn't allow it.  The captain states a village is around
        the bend and the party can stop there as in the past days at
        various other ports.

                        -------------------------

        [Apris 28th, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, Heading S/SE]

            Cloudy skies cause a light storm to form after 9am.  But
        the crew easily avoids the storm by a mile or so.  The good
        winds help make 38 miles for the ship.

                        -------------------------

        [Apris 29th, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, Heading S/SE]

            Clouds again cause rain storms late in the afternoon.  The
        temperatures finally raise up to the 60s most of the day.  After
        about 7am a ship is seen in the distance with a Choshai flag.
        The talisman hasn't been invoked for its magic yet so the ship
        is going only on natural winds.  When the Choshai ship nears
        the merchant ship signals the Blue Moon.  At a distance of
        shouting range the other ship offers some trades.  Captain Lesai
        decides to slip alongside and a trade of few needed items are made.
        Some for cash and some for other items.  Food like meat, drink
        and some items for the sailors are obtained.  The party is offered
        things to but the other ship seems to only have things they already
        have.  The other ship though had lost some of its ropes and a
        bucket of nails for ship repairs.  So trades are made for those
        items for their own ship.  Soon the ships depart and the magic
        is invoked and the ship speeds off southward.  The other ship
        goes northward.  Poor winds only allow the ship to go 27 miles
        this day.

                        -------------------------

        [Apris 30th, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, Heading S/SE]

            Skies clear and it is sunny for the day as the ship dries out
        and settles into warmer temperatures in the 50s and 60s.  Poor
        winds again only help the ship move 29 miles.  By midnight the
        First mate estimates the ship has gone around 469 miles from
        Shadow Domain port.

                        -------------------------

        [Ma 1st, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, Heading S/SE]

            Though today it is overcast temperatures climb in the 60s and
        70s.  A storm is avoided a few miles east of the ship with ease.
        Low winds only move the ship 26 miles.

                        -------------------------

        [Ma 2nd, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, Heading S/SE]

            The skies clear and the sun returns to the ocean.  Temperatures
        oddly decline to the 40s and 50s as a cold spell hits again.
        Around midday an intense wind storm hits the ship.  Crew and
        party members are tossed about as walking on deck is quite
        dangerous.  In fact at one gust of wind Ben'dar is thrown against
        a equipment locker and takes a nasty bruise to his knee.  Fremea
        is forced below as she simply would blow away.  The wind storm
        dies down soon enough.  The good winds allow the ship to goes
        34 miles today.

                        -------------------------

        [Ma 3rd, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, Heading S/SE]

            As clouds roll in making it patchy temperatures climb.  In
        fact it gets to only the 70s and 80s.  A very warm day so far.
        The heat causes odd haze patterns along the horizon.  Low winds
        only allow 26 miles of sailing today.

        Actions? Comments?

        Next Update...Friday...

        GM: Sorry for delay.  Got swamped.  Still am.  But this is good
            enough.  I worked on it all weekend even with an eye infection
            so hope things are coherent even if I couldn't read the text.
            :)  I am working up to an encounter but would like to get
            at least 2 more IBTs done by then.  But not sure I will. We
            will see.  I appreciate folks helping out with doing combo
            posts that helps.

        GM: Emails sent to Fremea and Arawn on scans of Raban and Kell
            Reading, Sensing and Insight.  If I forgot anyone let me know.

        GM: Minor mistake last update.  I posted Zhou's Bags comment to
            Kiet on the 15th.  Should've been 17th.  Oh well. Stuff happen
            when putting this big updates into one seamless format. :<

        GM: Still working on IBT.  Still working on Kells and Wills off
            and on when I can.  Still leaves a few people not done anything
            and won't have any experience from the trip.  Deadline is
            coming soon!

        GM: Language file updated with languages the sailors know.

        GM: Magic/Normal Items to leave info
            If not supplied will assume all items are taken.

            Ben'dar   - Done.        Caladan   - Done.
            Farseeker - Done.        Kiet      - Done.
            Chion     - Done.        Fremea    - Done.
            Strie'bog - Done         Unali     - Done
            Raban     - Done         Kell      - Done

            Arawn     - Need         Will      - Need
            Z'leyra   - Need

            Deadline: May 30, our time.
            Completed: 10  Need: 3

        GM: IBT actions - If none posted will assume no actions.
            [30 Days IBT time on ship]

            Ben'dar   -   Completed     Unali     -   Completed.
            Caladan   -   Completed     Farseeker -   Completed
            Kiet      -   Completed     Fremea    -   Completed
            Raban     -   Completed     Strie'bog -   Completed

            Arawn     -   Need          Chion     -   Need
            Z'leyra   -   Need
            Will      -   Have          Kell      -   Have.

            Deadline: May 30 our time.
            Completed: 8   Need: 3  Clarify/In progress: 2