[pnpgm] Game Update #8 - File #108 - Party sets sail for KAtai

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Wed May 13 08:23:18 CEST 2009

  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  Do.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  R1 NPC...................Shu.Yeoh..........Wizard..Normal/Human..Fe
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  Do John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar, 2 Donkeys

  Cover Story Info:
     Caladan    aka Ca Lu as Guard/Archer
     Farseeker  aka Fu Sa as Guard
     Fremea               as Noble child    [Disguised]
     Kell       aka Swan  as Trader
     Unali                as Zhou's wife

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #8 in sequence (file #108)

     Admin Notes: Redid the roster to make it easier to read.  Moved
     the cover info to separate section.

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <This was from Re: [pnpgm] Hullo out there...? of 4/29/2009
          3:30pm and was to anyone there. You did include it in other
          text but it looked to be forgotten by others. So Frema at
          least was willing to test things.
          [-Repeat Post removed for space-]

          <Insight at max El is assumed for proper testing. So is this a
          personal spell or targeted? Could get nasty if MDV applies!!!
          Raban's mind goes BANG! <MDV applying would be a good thing for
          the mission, just bad for Raban, as that means items may simply
          fail in some aspects.

          <IBT? I thought I mentioned that in RP? But in effect teach what
          he can and learn what he can thats useful ;)  So Seamanship is
          one he needs. He can continue working on his new bow, someday he
          may get good enough to make a decent one like WSB+6 or so (in
          close to a year!) Any spare time he can entertain people on the
          ship. Gear? What has the weather been like and what is expected
          in Katai? He may need to make some clothes fitting for hot
          weather? And that is another task, making what clothing is
          proper for the role.

          <Big Show?- *Real Name:* Paul Wight, *Born:* February 8th, 1972
          in Tampa, Florida, 420 pounds, 7-feet tall, *A.K.A.:* The Giant,
          The Big Show <http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Bios/bigshow.
          html <Odd his pic does not make him look all that heavily
          muscled. So Raban is 1 foot taller and about the same weight, so
          must be a bit thinner.

          <Difficult to get good ideas. I found some data on 8' tall people
          weighing about 350 pounds as well, so build is tough to determine
          well.

          <I need to reread all the posts to see what else Raban should
          say. I may have missed something important.
        GM: Ack. Yes.  I saw it and posted it in update. Fremea hasn't
            reported results.  Maybe I missed it so far.  But did
            the section below.  If any items remain let me know.
            If you are to scan folks you should get their permission or
            do it privately so they don't know.  Let me know.  But
            will wait for reactions.  Insight would have to be cast on each
            person.  If they are willing MDV is lowered.  IBT well "learn
            what you can..teach what helps" is a bit vague.  But since
            you did list seamanship will assume you learn that for 30 days
            then.  If you want to be specific let me know.  If you want
            to do bow, tailoring those will be dedicated days.  So need
            X days for Y skill.  :) Oby took measurements from previous
            meeting so could provide some clothing.  Don't forget Andre
            the Giant as well.

        From Fremea: [Re: IBT]
          IBT - Fremea will practice her archery powers for 1/3 of the time
          (the multiple arrows, cold and fire arrows equally). Otherwise
          she will learn more disguise and actor skill from Raban. If Raban
          is wanting to learn the archery powers, she will make sure they
          finish.

          Before they leave, Fremea makes sure she has the right clothes
          for a child of noble status. If Unali or Zhou can help her to
          make sure she gets clothes fit for katai wear, that would be
          good.
        GM: Ack. To clarify.  1/3rd is 10 days.  Multi, Cold, Fire would
            be 3 days each with 1 left over?  Is that just one spell per
            day? EL0 I assume.  Clarify please. Disguise and Actor are 2
            skills so equally? So 15 days each?  Ack on clothes.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Gear]
          No, if Tef'wo already has an undamaged leather barding, then
          Ben'Dar will only take 1 spare.  The armor and spears and other
          supplies will be provided by Kiama.
        GM: Ack. Using HE's favor.  Ack.