[pnpgm] Game Update #7

john haight lithalis at yahoo.com
Mon May 11 20:30:15 CEST 2009

For the new players here is a description for Arawn-
   Arawn is a strikingly handsome alfar. He is an impressive figure- brilliant blue-green eyes, like the sea, are set in a flawless face, framed by a thick and shaggy shoulder length mane of midnight black hair. His form is tall, muscular and athletic. He moves with the grace and bearing of god yet tinged with a certain humbleness not often found in the true children of the sidh. The hint of a smile seems to linger on his face and despite his youthful appearance an aura of power and nobility surround him while his eyes shine with intensity and supernatural brilliance, of an intelligence and wisdom that seems almost beyond his apparent years. He is often dressed in the grey robes of a druid of the Sidh, trimmed in red, the cloth and make of exquisite quality, a silver holy symbol lying hidden underneath.  At times he covers his face in a light wrap, his head often hooded. Underneath the layers of his robes the shimmering links of elvish chainmail
 protect him from  the dangers found in the wild places of the world. And hidden beneath his cloak lies a simple yet elegant scabbard wherein lies an elven sword.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--[At some point either before leaving (if Arawn stays) or in the beginning of the trip, when possible, Kell approaches Arawn.  Respectfully, “I desire to introduce myself to you personally.  Ha’Kell from the city of Baste in Ba’ru, but you can call me Kell.  While I am a trader and finder of rare items, that is not all I am, and I’m looking for clues to my father’s whereabouts, if he is alive or not.  You see, he was an elf.  Is still one, if he is alive.  We have not heard from him in fifteen years at this point.”

“I gathered from the meeting that you are an Elder of some kind, a powerful elder at that.  Perhaps you could help me with this?”

“I don’t know if there is anything I can offer in return except my gratitude and friendship.  I did learn a few things from him and inherited some of his strengths, powers, and his striking features.”  Switching to Elf Sidh now, “He taught me his language, and I can see in the dark as well as he.”]--

   Arawn's eyes drifted over the newcomers, Ha'Kell's sudden approach finally focusing his attention on the half-elf. He smiled warmly, a twinkle seeming to dance in his peaceful blue-green eyes, bright as the sea. He listened to Kell's greeting and inquiry in silence before responding.

   "I am Arawn, alfar and druid, the hand and voice of the Sidh, and it is a pleasure to meet you Ha'Kell of Ba'Ru," he replied in a friendly tone. He studied the man's face for the tell tale signs of the rare half-elf. Though he enjoyed the company of most of the humans he had met he was glad to find those linked to the Sidh to travel with as well, first Fremea and now Kell.
   "I am sorry to hear of your father's disappearance. Even more unfortunate to say that you are not the only one looking for family in this group."
   A distant look crossed Arawn's face for a moment before passing, a quirked grin appearing in its place before he focused once again on Kell.
   "I am always ready to help those in need and as I am already tracking for another I could not, in good conscience, turn you away. I will help you and I ask for nothing in return, though your friendship is appreciated if you choose to give.  Give me some time finish preparations for the journey and we can speak in depth on your situation."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Sensing Zhou's hesitation Arawn made his way to the man's side when he was finally alone. He understood the position he had been placed in for such was the nature of court but such politics were something he oftened looked down upon. It had its place, true, but he felt it should exist to foster respect, not the exercise of power and control.
   "Thank you, Zhou. I know the position you have been placed in so your options were limited, to say the least. The only comfort I can offer is that I will not allow anything to happen to you. I will see you safely home," Arawn said reassuringly.
   Arawn listened to the conversation that was shared between Raban the Gentle Giant and Fremea the Fiery Faerry. It seemed that Raban wished to test various sensing methods and Arawn decided it might be good to assist.

   "If you wish it I will sense what I can as well."

   If Raban is okay with this Arawn will use Mana Sensing, Mana Reading, and Insight (max EL) to sense what he can.
   If/when this is done Arawn will then move to greet Will and Shu.

   "My name is Arawn and it is a pleasure to meet the two of you. I hope our journey will be a safe and fruitful one."

   Looking to Shu he gave a friendly smile,

   "I thank you for your assistance on this mission. The High Elder must think highly of you to offer us the aid of your tracking spells. In truth I am intrigued by what I have heard. I have wondered, with my own abilities, if it would be possible to sense the lack of mana, the void as it were. I would be honored, if you are so inclined, to see you practice such a skill and learn what knowledge and wisdom you might have to share."

   Then, turning toward Will, he added,

   "I am sure your skills will prove valuable. But I have to admit I am surprised that one from beyond this area would be assisting the High Elder with this mission, though you would not be the first. I do not know what drives you, though I hope in time that perhaps we can share our stories on the journey," he said with an odd but kind look in his eyes and the smile still on his face.
-[Will agrees.  "I would agree that the idea has merit but mostly if all of the other possibilities are not available.  If this is the rout we go or if it is one of our contingency plans then I think we should keep it fairly simple such as an enhanced wolf eye (for those not morely opposed to such an idea).  Which would in effect give you a +5 to all weapon skills for just 6 manna points."]-

   Arawn's raised a brow at mention of this.

   "+5 to weapon skills? 6 mana points? I'm not quite sure what you are talking about. Could you please explain."
   Later on, after hearing continued discussion on the possibility of crafting and enchanting weapons while upon sea and road, Arawn piped in,

   "Though the idea is an interesting one for those wishing such I am not sure it will work. Smithing armor and weapons requires a forge and rocking wooden boats and fiery hot coals from forges are usually a very bad combination. Once on the road it would also prove difficult, with heavy forge and anvil, water troughs and such to move about and we would likely have to remain still as movement would throw off the work.
   I think that any weapons should either be taken now or left behind for procurement via translocational magics when the time is right."
   In regards to roles within the group Arawn replied,

   "I will take what is offered to me. I would take the suggested role of scribe but as my skill in reading and writing Katai is limited I would wonder if this would make sense. Choose as you will for me and I will adapt."