[pnpgm] Languages (or, Kiet Stands Alone?) (think Rocky and Bullwinkle)

Schnockel dasandersx at comcast.net
Mon Jul 20 22:10:05 CEST 2009

Kiet replies "Most Gods are to be avoided, especially their attention!  They
are not always fair-minded.  Many are childish, evil, or just plain
boorish."

"Why would a dwarf not just give you access to the Tongue of Dvallin?
Because it is sacred.  It is important and has meaning and is VALUABLE!
These languages are not meant for casual use!  In fact, use of the languages
draws power from some source...how do you know that Power isn't going to
some day wish to be paid back?  And if someone is using that language in a
fashion the Gods doesn't like, he might also decide to find out which of his
(soon to be former) adherents blabbed."

"Perhaps after a few years of LOYAL apprenticeship I might give a novice
some inkling of a supernatural language...but certainly not freely giving it
away!  They are mean't for disciplined use."