[pnpgm] Game Update #111 - File #632 - Fremea rejoins party

john haight lithalis at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 08:39:31 CET 2009

   Arawn had pondered whether to attempt scrying for the ring and the woman’s assassin but regretfully decided against it for the time being. Even if he was able to track it the group was exhausted and the journey ahead could prove dangerous without adding the complication of another possible battle. Still, when Ben’dar spoke up, suggesting an attack against Itom the alfar shared his thoughts.

   “I do not know how much Itom had to do with all of this, Ben’dar, but I am concerned as to the ring which was part of all this trouble. If it is as powerful as certain clues hint then I worry as to whom currently possesses it and what they mean to do with it. If we were in better shape I’d be more inclined to follow on this lead with you, whether to Itom or otherwise, and discover what we can before rejoining the party later but most are exhausted and I’d hate to separate us at a time and a place like this.
   My pardon, Sven,” turning his head briefly the warrior-mages way, “if it does belong to the High Elder but until I know for sure it is his I have cause for concern. This ring could prove troublesome in the wrong hands.”

   Catching wind of the conversation going on between Raban and Z’leyra Arawn listened quietly from the rear of the group as the caravan moved through Itom’s dark domain. The barest of smiles crossed his face in the starlight as they shared words, a sign of measured humor at the nature of their barter. A short while after the others had their say he moved forward briefly to speak to the pair.

   “Raban, Z’leyra. If time is an issue I would be happy to craft such items or assist for the sake of expediency. I am skilled in the arts of armor and weapon-smithing, Raban, as I’m sure you would have guessed, though crafting items of iron and steel are not my strong suits. I am used to working with other metals and would craft such for you but I think it difficult to find material for elvish metalwork handy. Still, I am not above working with iron and steel if properly equipped. Unlike many of my kind I recognize the danger of working with these materials but will not be hampered or mastered by this crux.
   As for the bow, alas, I am not a bowyer either but perhaps if we have time I might be able to speak to some elvish crafters and see if a bow suitable for one of your might could be crafted.
   Let me know if you desire my aid.”

   Moving back to the rear it was not long before the voices of Ben’dar and Unali carried on the night wind but Arawn remained quiet for now. Best to let them sort things out. Later on he could explain the possession and he instead listened and learned from the interaction between the mortal man and woman.

   Upon arriving at the clearing Arawn smiled brightly upon seeing Fremea safe and apparently none the worse from her journey. As their stories were shared Arawn looked at the faerry with kind eyes before tending compassionately to the eggs in their nest. It would take time but it was not the first time he had nursed creatures and he was glad that some of the island’s innocents were still alive. Offering to assist Fremea with their care Arawn then went off to the side to say a prayer for the spirits of all that perished on that poor island before sending warm wishes to the Seker, the Glyph, and the Anwora.

   Upon awakening Arawn will cast Energy spells to replenish his Energy Levels before heading out for the day. Also, if the party isn’t pressed by danger, Arawn will attempt to use Sky Knowledge to discover information on the ring’s current location.   Also, can I get a rough percentage on Arawn’s current EnL level?