[pnpgm] Game Update #60

john haight sang_real at msn.com
Tue Dec 29 21:02:38 CET 2009

   As Raban is finally pulled from the maw of the giant worm Arawn moved next to Z'leyra, assisting her in treating the bard. Although humans were not his area of expertise it didn't take such to know that Raban's life was on the line.

   -   [As Z'leyra does her best to neutralize the acid and to stop the damage
she asks "The only spell I know of that will heal this much damage is
Healing Mist...a spell that I do not know. We could rely on normal
healing, but that would be slow and may leave scars. We could use other
healing magic once per day, maybe even twice per day, but that , while
faster, may also leave scars and will take several days at least. Or one
who knows Healing Mist could cast it and heal Raban completely, likely
leaving no scars. Anyone planning on casting it?"

"In any event I would like instruction in Healing Mist so that in the
future I may cast it when needed."....

Whitney studies the burns over her shoulder while she works, "Regeneration would do it, too, although he wouldn't be doing any... call it craft use... for a few days after. Unforunately, neither is in my skill set. But that's rather a lot of second degree chemical burn damage. If we don't fix him up good as new before we hit the road, we're going to need to forage him up some chervil. With that much damage, on the road while he's healing, he won't avoid infection any other way. Hell, he may not have that long."]

   Arawn's face conveyed the seriousness of his demeanor in that moment. The friendly giant was on death's doorstep and he dared not waste a moment.

   "I will do so," he replied as he called upon the power of his birthright...

   (Arawn will cast Healing Mist from Mist Powers (Racial) on Raban. He'll follow this up with Mana Shield at EL 3 after the magic has begun healing Raban. He'll cast the shield on Raban (and himself if he would radiate magic during this time as well))

   As the healing begins Arawn will reply to Z'leyra,

   "I am willing to teach such magics to a healer such as yourself but I do not know if such magics will come easily to you. The principles of shamanism and sidh magic are different but we will see what might be accomplished.

   As is, though, it is innate to me. I must seek guidance from the elder sidh to learn the spell in a way that I might be able to pass it on."