[pnpgm] Game Update #3 - File #23 - Mission details and group plans - Kell's Vote

Murtha, Mark D (N-Resources) mark.d.murtha at ulalaunch.com
Thu Apr 16 16:51:36 CEST 2009

OOC:  Very nice update.  I especially like how you merged all the posts into a coherent conversation.

OOC2: Very interesting and fun dropping into a group like this.  I want to say "hey, here is what I can do and here is my character's resume, skills, blah blah" but not going to happen.  A bit of mystery can be fun.  :)

Turning to the majority yet still sitting, Kell straightens in his seat, brushes his dark hair out of his eyes, and speaks again, "I also agree with Unali's suggestion.  I like traveling as a noble with an entourage.  The fewer searches we endure the better.  Their detection and especially enforcement methods sound draconian.  And bloody...," grinning he finishes, "likely for them more than us."  Thinking about it, with Farseeker, Ben'dar, Raban, and Unali most patrols won't stand a chance.  I might even be of use in that fight.

Looking a bit pensive Kell continues, "I'm not convinced a Katai noble is the best idea, but the group decides.  How did a Katai noble acquire all of us as his entourage?  A giant, several other deadly guards, magicians, entertainers, and a foreigh merchant.  We're a motley crue."  Grinning at that thought Kell continues, "A foreign noble though, that could explain us."  Kells face lights up with a new thought, "Ah!  We can outfit our wagon and items with fake detectors, making them not too obvious but visible, and make it look as though we are as afraid of other magic as everyone in Katai!  That may reduce the risk and searches we face."

"My largest concern is how we hide the number of magicians in the group?  Kiet cannot hide us all..."  Kell ponders a moment, his face showing indecision.  A brief internal struggle that quickly resolves, "I too am a Grey Elder wizard, although very minor.  I know a few handy tricks and that is all.  But even I stand out with Mana Sensing."  He watches for any reactions, especially from Kiet and Z'leyra and the others he knows are wizards.

"Speed is now of the essence.  Can we teleport closer then book or buy a ship to save time?  Any other ideas?  Leaving as soon as we can seems more important to me now that the scope is drawn.  Several plans for wagons and smuggling items take much too long as we have to almost build a wagon from scratch for it to work very well.  If we travel by ship there are things we can do on the voyage."  With his main thoughts out, Kell waits for other responses and thoughts.  He doesn't want to dominate anything, but can sense there is no clear leader of this powerful band.  Wondering if he can contribute anything except a nice smile, he relaxes again.  He's never saved the world...  That's a big job.

Flashing a brilliant smile at Z'leyra he addresses her, "I have a draft horse I use for my cargo, we can use him for your oblivion spell.  Can it be taught to others, and can they recall the objects in Oblivion?  As a precaution?  I will bring no magic on my person, but I do ask for my two magic spears to be placed in the oblivion for later fights."

"Master Ki'ama, is it possible to infiltrate one of the secret societies and become a magic seeker?  Then we can just walk around openly pretending to look for other magic.  Or we can pretend to be a part of one... hmmm... I don't think we have time for this, but it is an idea.  Even bad ideas can spark good ones.  Perhaps Unali can give some advice on pretending to be a member and we can talk our way through it."  Looking at her for her opinion, wondering what she thinks of this idea.  Addressing Unali directly, "Is this possible?" in Katai.

"What about the poison from the spears.  Do we have a supply of antidote to bring?  Do we know if we can use the vong spears and armor against them?"

During a slow point Ha'Kell leans over to Ben'dar and whispers "Why do you ask?  What kind of horses?  I'm always open to new business ventures."