[pnpgm] dispel or death

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Thu Sep 18 01:53:07 CEST 2008

Can you cast Dispel at El4 in a single phase?
Damage only cancels the spell if it occurs before the mana gathering is
complete

4.511) If the magic-user is damaged while casting a spell, i.e.
before all mana has been allocated to it, the spell will not take
effect and any mana cast is lost. He must start over to cast the
spell.

So if you can single phase cast it may be complete before the next
damage occurs, in magic resolution

Is the caster here? If so his death cancels the spell. If an item then
it would need to be broken.

Regeneration spell can extend time at cost of mana then life force, not
a good solution but workable
Also it allows other means of giving mana or life to aid you

Or the easiest solution, wear a tourmaline and be immune!!!!