[pnpgm] Update #83

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Thu Oct 23 02:56:16 CEST 2008

Raban smiles. "I have tried Elven bows and found they are wonderful
things that seem to help you pull them, but my teacher's bow was no
stronger than I could make from wood. If I could find an Elven Boyer
that could make one as strong as I would like, it would be a true
miracle as anyone could pull it. Still they would be more likely to have
the skill needed than most and the Elven magic may allow a wooden bow to
reach such strength. I tried a ballista once, just to see how strong
they were and found it was a bit weaker than I would like and it was
made of steel. So I continued to work on my own crafting, and asking in
various places when I remember too do so. I think it would take me some
time to learn the differences to using an elven bow as well so it would
not help right now, but I do thank you for the generous offer."
<Raban has a 'light' WSB+2 longbow now, he would like one about 3 times
that ;) more if magical. Thats only about 300 more expertise in Boyer
before Raban can make it, just lots of practice!>
<Rule check: Elf bows need no min strength but that does not give them a
higher WSB, standard Elf Bow is WSB+2. And heavy elf bows are rule
breakers since anyone could pull WSB+8 that way! Bow damage depends on
WSB and skill, not the user strength so it is very important to use one
as strong as you can pull. On a side note, specific skill matters and
Elf Bow is Bow? not Longbow so greatly lowers Raban's skill.>
<Of course there is the big question... do the arrows survive being
fired or or do they just get cut in half by the bowstring? LOL>