[pnpgm] comment: making armor

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Sat Oct 18 18:35:08 CEST 2008

Alex Koponen wrote:
> Z'leyra will mention that if and when she has time she as a master
> armorer and weaponsmith will be happy to make armor and a weapon for
> each member of the party. She notes that such items take time to make
> and that she is a very busy person. In other words you might have to
> wait awhile for her to get it done. Likely months, maybe more. However
> she does fine work and enchants it with strong magics. Unfortunately for
> the Sidh, she does not know how to make Elven alloy so any that she
> makes will have iron as the primary ingredient.
>
> "A downside to having powerful armor, weapons or items is that the gods
> seem to expect more and set greater challenges."
Raban says to Z'leyra with a smile, "I would love to have you make me
armor powerful enough to worry the gods, you can take my measurements
anytime you wish." then continues "Do you really think that armor would
change how they treat such as I? Is it not obvious that I have been
chosen to entertain them, why else would a boy training to be a great
dancer suddenly grow to a size to be ridiculed off the stage no matter
the quality of his performance? So I chose a Goddess who would love me
as well as be entertained by me and if she chooses harder tasks for me
it will be because she knows I will do all I can for her. But if a tasks
needs doing, does it matter whether you are armored or naked? You must
still do your best to achieve it. Perhaps it is the other way around,
the gods knew you had a difficult task and arranged for you to acquire
powerful tools to perform it?"