[pnpgm] Game Update #83c - File #424 - Part 3/3 - Chion's tales..

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Wed Oct 15 04:50:44 CEST 2008

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  Do David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R? J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #83c in sequence (file #424)

     Admin Notes: Part 3 of 3.

        [Ma 2nd, 1633TH. 5th Day of Adventure #4.]

   * The Following are the scenes that Chion had while the party had the
     tough combat.  I provide it here as a gee whiz thing. Some things have
     also been filled in that not even Chion has seen yet.

                             ------- Scene 1 --------

        [Outside in the hallway....]

        [Chion stands against the north wall and waits.  He hears muffled
        speaking inside the room that seems to take 2 maybe 3 minutes.
        He suddenly sees the metal man turn its head toward the right
        and then toward the door.  With a clank he begins to walk toward
        the room he got the towels from minutes ago.  Chion figures this
        to be another visitor.  He waits a few seconds longer and then
        hears a door close out of sight.  he figures the metal man has
        gotten more towels.  But in this case he returns with a couple
        towels and a full silk bathrobe.  He stomps to the door and
        waits a few seconds.  Chion begins to cast a quick spell in
        preparation for this new visitor.]

       [The metal man waits about 5 seconds then opens the door.  Chion
        can see a storm rage outside with sheets of rain coming down
        and heavy lightning flashes.  Rain begins to come into the
        room from winds.  the metal man doesn't even seem to flinch
        at being rusted or affected.  Suddenly from the darkness a figure
        approaches and seems to glide into the room.  Chion's mouth
        falls open at what he sees.  Entering is a fully nude woman.]

       [The nude woman seems to be mid-20s, about 6 foot 7 and around
        150-155 pounds.  Body frame wise she seems to be half the
        frame (muscles, shoulders, fat, etc.) of Z'leyra and Unali. But
        seems to be twice the frame of Fremea.  Her rose colored red
        hair flows in the wind.  She takes a towel from the man and
        begins to dry her hair.  Chion stares at the nude women to
        see a body of well endowed maturity but sees no tattoos or other
        odd things.  He does notice something hanging down from her neck
        like a necklace between her chest but at this distance it is
        a bit hard to tell the details.]

       Woman: "What a storm!  Tell your master he should move somewhere
         else to get out of this for awhile.  Also his guardians seem
         to be dead out there."

       [Chion is trying to figure out why he can understand her and
        tries to figure out what language he speaks when it suddenly
        hits him.  She is speaking Katai!  But he has never seen this
        woman before.  Her eyes and face look Katai/Dark Landish but
        there are thousands he has never met before.]

       Woman: "Tell him I'm here.  I'll dry off.  Shoo.  Go now!"

       [She quickly dries off her body and Chion can't help but notice
        how she does it.  She is quite attractive, better looking than
        Unali and Z'leyra.  The metal man gives her the robe and she
        puts it on.  The metal man then moves away a foot or two
        and begins to turn around toward the door.  She continues to
        dry off her stomach.  Chion's gaping eyes stop when he hears
        a bark of a command or something inside the room.]

       [The female looks up and just now notices Chion.  Rather she
        notices another metal man standing against the wall.  She
        brings up the towel to dry her behind and looks confused.]

       Female: "I thought there was only one of you?"

       [Suddenly the door to the left opens and two men carrying swords
        stand in the darkened doorway.  Chion turns to the right and
        hears two sets of feet around the corner where the metal man
        must've got his towels in that room's direction.  The female
        looks to the left where Chion can't see and blushes a bit
        and closes her robe and tightens the white tie.  Chion then
        hears a click come from somewhere to his right and then
        realizes it has to be from the statue.  In the second or two
        all this happens the metal man begins to walk toward the
        door to apparently tell the bearded man of her visit.]

       GM: Your personal illusion seems to be working.

  Legend -           North /|\
           1 Row    = 2 feet
           1 Column = 2 feet
                ° = Solid wall or earthen rock
           / or \ = Door
           ,,     = Stone Steps
           I      = Stone wall

  [1st Floor]

        [Ceiling here is about 10 feet high.]

                  1         2         3         4         5
         12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

        I            I   *         [=====]I <Couch              ii
        I            I_________/\_________I     I               jj
        I                  I     H        /     I    I     I    kk
        I                  I              7_____I    I     I    ll
        I                  I        $$               I     I    mm
        I        \    ___/\I   M    $$               I     I    nn
        I        /      ? ?                          I     I    oo
        I        I              9                     [[[..I    pp
        I________I_____________/\_____________________[[[..I    qq

                           Main Door

     H  - Chion       [kk25]
     M  - Metal-Man   [oo23]
     $$ - Statue      [mm28-29/nn28-29]
     7  - Swordsman #3 [ll34]      8  - Behind #7 [off map]
     9  - Nude woman  [pp24]
     ?  - Two other men ?

                             ------- Scene 2 --------

     [Chion takes a second or two to stare at the bold female.  Her body
      is tantalizing.  If Raban were here he'd be gone to greet her with
      open arms.  A woman that in other circumstance Chion might actually
      try the same.  She is that alluring.  When the women continues to
      dry herself, Chion can't help but look her body over for markings
      and other items.  But only the dangled item on some type of chain
      around her neck is the only thing she seems to have.  She either
      must be a wizard who can teleport, fly, shape change or maybe just
      already lives here on some other section of the place?  Chion
      continues to stay to the left of the door back to the wall looking
      like the other metal man just feet in front of him.  Maybe if he
      had seen the master of this house he could've tried to look like him.
      But this was a fast risk that needed to be done.  Muffles inside seem
      to indicate talk is starting when someone, sounding like Ben'dar
      from his voice, yells something.  Seconds later it sounds like
      furniture is moving and grunts are heard.  Chion figures combat must
      have broken out inside the room.  Chion figures the visitor must be
      strong based on her height.  But initially he wasn't quite looking at
      her arm muscles.  He was looking over her chest region for amulets for
      security purposes first, of course.  Then she covered up with the
      robe the metal man gave her.]

     [Chion sees the woman doesn't blush before she covered up so figures
      either she doesn't care or his illusion seems to be working. But
      then she comments on that this place only should have one metal
      man?  Chion wonders if the gambit is good or not.  Of course maybe
      this place does have 2.  He decides to remain still a second longer
      to check what happens.  Two seconds after she covers up in the
      robe the door to his left opens and one guard in leather and sword
      stares out into the foyer.  He glances left and right at both
      metal men with a confused look.  Chion can't help but glance over
      at the new people but with a stone face turns back to look at the
      woman.  He notes that she glances to Chion's right, her left, to
      something and nods.  Chion figures there must be a guard or more
      people there.]

     [Then two guards round the corner and notice the second metal man.
      Both blink and look at each other.  Chion figures this gambit
      wouldn't work for someone who knows this place.  The female places
      a tower over her face and dries her face and neck and seems to
      mutter a few things Chion can't quite hear.]

     [Then the second click from the direction of the statue is heard.
      A half second later another guard sticks his head around the corner
      behind the guard to the left inside the room.  The first one
      to notice double metal man.  He frowns but Chion doesn't see it.
      He then speaks some words in a quick and mad manner.  Chion
      doesn't understand but when the guards raise their swords toward
      him he realizes it must've been a "imposter" type warning.  It
      would be a guard of all people, not a smart wizard, who saw
      through his illusion.  Who would've thought a guard would have
      a brain or the will power.]

     [Then the third click from the status happens. Suddenly stone seems
      to grind on stone and Chion glances left to see the statue move.
      It seems to lift off the pedestal on its stone hover disk thing.
      It floats up and forward about 4 feet in the air (about 7 total off
      the ground).  It then turns and looks at Chion.  Chion grumbles
      inside and figures when he cast his illusion there must've been
      some ward here to detect magic and set off this statue thing.  Great.]

     [The female drops her wet towel to the ground and then looks right
      at the second metal man, Chion in this case.  She stares and smiles
      and finishes her words this time a bit louder.  Chion realizes
      they are a magical phrase and she flicks a finger toward him. At
      the same instant the stone ball in the statue's hand glows yellow.]

     [Chion in that half second figures his odds.  Surrounded by four
      guards, 1 wizard, 1 metal man and 1 magical statue defense thing.
      Simple.  But it would take at least 6 seconds to get the staff to
      trap the men.  Then the thought ends...]

     [A yellow ball of energy shoots out from the statue's stone/glowing
      ball and heads toward Chion.  It splashes against Chion but doesn't
      seem to do anything that Chion can detect.  At the same time the
      female casts her spell toward Chion.  Chion figures her comment
      about two metal man convinced her the other one is fake.  Then
      Chion recalls when she touched the man to get the robe she tapped
      the hand of the metal man as if testing it for solidness? The
      spell goes off and Chion seems to recognize the words based on
      past experience from other mages as a Paralysis spell.  But
      for some reason she suddenly winces in pain and her eyes roll up
      into her head.  She falls to the ground with a thud.  Chion
      smiles and taps his magical belt.  It helps to have a belt that
      can help defend against some magic.]

     [Now chion grins knowing the odds are better without the female
      around.  But now its just the 4 guards and this statue thing and
      the metal man...]

  Legend -           North /|\
           1 Row    = 2 feet
           1 Column = 2 feet
                ° = Solid wall or earthen rock
           / or \ = Door
           ,,     = Stone Steps
           I      = Stone wall

  [1st Floor]

        [Ceiling here is about 10 feet high.]

                  1         2         3         4         5
         12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

        I            I   *         [=====]I <Couch              ii
        I            I_________/\_________I     I               jj
        I                  I     H      1 /     I    I     I    kk
        I                  I              2_____I    I     I    ll
        I                  I3       $$               I     I    mm
        I        \    ___/\I 4      $$               I     I    nn
        I        /             M      #              I     I    oo
        I        I              9                     [[[..I    pp
        I________I_____________/\_____________________[[[..I    qq

                           Main Door

     $$ - Statue stand  [mm28-29/nn28-29]
      # - Statue itself [oo30]            [Facing Chion] [Up 7 feet]
      H  - Chion        [kk25]            [Facing South]
      M  - Metal-Man    [oo23]            [Facing South]
      1  - Guard #1     [kk32]            [Facing West]
      2  - Guard #2     [ll34]            [Facing West/in doorway]
      3  - Guard #3     [mm20]            [Facing North-east]
      4  - Guard #4     [nn21]            [Facing North-East]
      9  - Nude woman   [pp24]            [Facing North]

                             ------- Scene 3 --------

     [Chion smiles wickedly.  The naked woman must've failed big time with
      her spell and it backfired.  Either a very unlucky woman or this place
      has purifications that prevent spells, or both. Chion finds the lack
      of effect from the statue's magic good but is unsure if his
      protections helped or his natural magic defnese did?   Chion considers
      his actions.  Just the four guards and the statue remains.  So
      far the statue isn't much a threat.  He considers grappling the
      nearby guard to his side.  If he takes out the one that can see
      through his illusion that would stop the others.  But he also knows
      that the one has likely warned the others.  So it is a matter of
      time before they disbelieve the illusion.  He also considers this
      place might have a cellar for teleport or insubstatial movement.
      But if not it could be quite a fall.  Of course the fall wouldn't
      kill him the sudden stop at the end might.  Chion also considers
      the merit of taking hostages.]

     [In the split second of all these thoughts he comes up with a plan.
      Chion begins to build magical energy and begins to speak in Marentian
      the magical spell intended.  But in order to cast it will take a
      few more seconds than planned.  In that time the one guard who
      sees him will get another attack.  Chion prepares though and brings
      up his staff for defense.  The guard on cue approaches and swings
      his sword but fails to strike.  All the while chion cna hear muffled
      voices from inside the room.  It sounds like Arawn speaking again.
      The statue continues to hover and stare with his hard stone blank
      eyes.  The left hand waves the stone wand and the right hand with
      the stone "ball" begins to glow again but not quite solid yellow
      a dull yellow as if it is preparing to try again.]

     [Chion continues to cast his spell getting a bit louder.  He raises
      a finger toward the unconscious woman and then completes the spell.
      Chion disappears and appears where his memory holds strong in
      the forest 9 miles down.  He teleported above the ground about 2
      feet to prevent problems and merging with things.  He lands
      easily with his feet on the ground and the woman tumbles past
      a bush and onto her side.  The robe comes open and rain starts
      to drip on her nude chest.]

     [Chion looks around and sees forest and mist from the hard rain.
      In the clearing where he is the rain is intense but he finally
      sees the camp Sven choose to the left.  Through the foggy rain
      mist he choose well as rain seems less there from the trees.
      A tent seems to be set up for Sven and the hroses are huddled
      up together.  Chion yells for Sven.  Chion yells again and then
      Sven pulls his head out from the tent.  In the howl of the wind
      and rain Chion yells to the camp about 50 feet away.]

     Chion: "Sven, I'm Chion, hold onto her, things are going badly!"

     [Sven looks for a second then crawls out of the tent.  He grabs
      his weapons and then begins to run toward Chion.]

     [Chion begins to cast a levitate spell, insubantial spell.  As
      Chion floats up and becomes insubstantial Sven makes it to his
      area.  Sven looks at the metal man not sure but cuaiously  comes
      near the woman.]

     Sven: "Chion?"

     [Sven looks at the half naked woman in the rob with a now glistening
      body from the rain and raises an eyebrow.]

     Sven: "A present for me?"

     [Chion smiles as he finishes the teleport spell and hopes Sven doesn't
      take advantage of the situation.  Don't know how long Sven has
      been away from home and more native girls.]

     [Chion reappears in the castle foyer again.  He glances around and
      sees the four guards, metal man and statue are now gone.  The
      door is open and Chion grumbles.  He must have made them enter
      the room when he left.  He hopes they didn't sway the tide of
      battle inside.]

     [Teleported back in his original position to the right of the
      door Chion notices noise in the room.  Yelling and shouting.
      Something impacts on the wall behind him that sounds like lightning
      hit the wall.  Then a slam of something large and heavy into a wall
      causes crumbling noises.  Then something about Kiet being hurt
      and needing help.]

     [Chion glances to the right and notices Unali is just 2 feet away
      on the other side of the door.  She is holding a now empty
      sling in her hand and it is pointing into the room.  Chion notices
      her expression change into utter surprise.  Then anger.  Then
      Chion realizes she must not see through his illusion of being
      another metal man.]

     [A couple seconds later Chion's insubstantial spell and levitate
      spell ends.  Chion in Metal Man illusion drops to the ground with
      a clank of boots and equipment shaking.]