[pnpgm] Game Update #889

john haight lithalis at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 01:49:30 CET 2008

   As his eyes fluttered open Arawn caught sight of the pile of literary work, still scattered but no longer afire thanks to Caladan's quick thinking.

   "The books... they're here...," he whispered, a feeble smile on his face.

   It took him several more seconds before he was finally able to rise to his feet. He was heavily drained and his stance remained unsteady for next few minutes but he leaned against a wall and managed to make his way to the scattered papers. Doing his best to gather the books and scrolls along with the others he was filled with some dismay as he watched some disintegrate but he was glad that some of these works survived the day. It would take time and much care to peruse the volumes but it likely could wait for later. Perhaps, he thought, in the future he might be able to craft some means to restore destroyed objects and learn what he could from the lost tomes.

OOC: Arawn will gather what dust/ash he can for the purposes of a potential future spell. If any particular book or scroll disintegrated apart from the others Arawn would try to keep that in a separate container. He'll use the water skins from the other room and store them in his magic bags.

   As his strength returned to him his thoughts returned to the moment just before he blacked out. It wasn't the first time such strange things had happened to him but it seemed an almost unconscious doing. Each time seemed linked to some emotionally charged moment and this was no different. After all that had happened upon arriving the loss of such ancient knowledge seemed a final straw, answers to so many questions and a chance to understand the motives of those here and to rectify things or at least prevent such darkness from happening again. This time the emotion was negatively charged and it left a bad taste in his mouth. Though the intentions were good he allowed the darker emotions to charge his action and he knew that fear, desperation, and anger were powerful triggers but he wondered if he could ever focus things like love and compassion as a regular key to such power in their place. It had happened before and he knew that he would have to
 spend much time meditating and purifying himself after this quest was through. That and pondering over the flash of memory that came to him in that moment.

   When Kiet spoke up Arawn nodded.

   "I agree. I had hoped we would have rested and balanced necessity with patience as I feared such as this would happen. I think we should secure the various entrances and keep watch on them while we rest. I would guess that all the living guards are captured or killed as no one else has arrived and the castle in small in size but it pays to be cautious. I suggest we camp in the foyer where we will have a better view of the entrances or at least leave some on watch there unless some sees a better option."

   During the search, Arawn would check under the carpets in the various rooms for trap doors and and gather various inks and papers from Room C, game pieces from Room D, and gather liquid from the enchanted barrels and sense them for Mana afterwards in an effort to see if liquid or barrel is enchanted.