[pnpgm] Audience with High Elder

kzinti maouse kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com
Sat May 3 13:33:38 CEST 2008

"I see from your bone thing that you have learned to become a shaman.  You are leaving the path of wizard magic for the more down to earth magics?"

Chion will reply, "High Elder, I have found that the teachings of nature are not in conflict with what I have learned here. In such, I search, as always, for more understanding of what balance requires of me. It was explained something like this, "the wolf who eats the deer is no more evil than the deer who eats the tree, nor the tree and bugs who eats the carrion, nor the carrion who polutes the soil. All are part of a balanced natural world." I don't buy that outright, of course, but there is meaning to it when coupled with one's magical abilities. I also have drawn a little from my friends (looking at Z'leyra and Unali) what it means to be balanced in all my endeavors."

Regarding the "revelation" of the staff, Chion will only say, smiling "You were most wise to watch over me. As I have yet to create my own toys for use it is not upon me to question your judgement. I had suspected as much, and occasionally considered the warmth of the staff as a feeling of home. I have no wish to be hidden from anyone's view, least of all yours."