[pnpgm] Game Update #29 - File #91 - Investigation Ends

Chris & Karen Wells ckwells at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 15:01:01 CET 2008

Ben'Dar replies to the gaurd in a low voice, not wanting Jensen to know he
can speak Marentian, "I train the finest horses in the Lands.  Dragon Tooth
Steeds is located near Maren city.  I obtain only the best horses available,
and train them to be superior riding or war mounts.  The ranch is still
young, but it will soon be known throughout the Lands for my horses, which
will have no equals."

He grins at the gaurd's comment on him being a 'wacko'.  "No, not a wacko, I
was just having a little fun."  He grows serious, "But I did not like his
threat on my horse.  What kind of man kills another man's horse for no
reason?  Where I come from, such a man would not live long."

*****

Later, Ben'Dar snorts his disbelief at Kaylle's words about magic users
treating warriors as property.  Such a backward land could not possibly
exist!

*****

Later, when Jensen addresses him, Ben'Dar ignores his words, but just glares
at him, his ruddy face dark with anger.  Yes, he decides, this man deserves
death.  But now is not the time.  He smiles savagely at the man,
savoring his future revenge.  When the man finishes his inconsequential
words, Ben'Dar, still smiling, says in Zen'Dali, "Pain will drown you when
your death comes at my hand."

*****

Later, when the gaurd returns for his drink, Ben'Dar smiles at him and
introduces himself.  "I am Ben'Dar, warrior of the Fel'oros People."
Ben'Dar will give him directions to his ranch as well as the name of the
steward.  He will spend a few minutes chatting with the man about his rough
upbringing among the Zen'Da, and find out a bit about the man's past on his
family's ranch and the decisions that brought him into the town gaurd.

*****

OOC:  Recap section?

OOC:  Ben'Dar is content for now to merely pass along the info that one of
the gaurds may have a questionable background.  The Steward has authority to
hire/fire as needed in Ben'Dar's absence.