[pnpgm] Game Update #52 - File #223 - Party teleports up

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Wed Jun 25 05:34:46 CEST 2008

Raban to Kiet: "No apology is needed, it was obvious even to me why you
behaved as you did. The snake I figured was someones idea of a bad prank
or a sneaky mage, so I had to be careful how I handled it. So I removed
you from the danger instead of dealing with the snake. I should
apologize to you for such rough handling, but it did look like it was
needed. Fortunately no one was bitten. I am not one who can see a danger
and not act, but at times it has gotten me into trouble."
"My name is Raban Usherwood, it's pronounced 'Ray' 'Bin' if you say it
slowly. I was once told it meant 'one who hates daylight' but I think
that was in another language. My joining these people is an odd tale,
but I think the easiest is to say my Goddess, Miryan, desired it. I
wander place to place Entertaining and doing good works, as well as
spreading my Goddesses teaching and blessings as a Bard. When it is time
to move on, I choose my direction by how it feels in my heart, or by
events that lead me to places. Such lead me to where I met these people
and a foul person assaulted one of the ladies. As I mentioned, I cannot
stand by when such occurs, but even more so when a lady is endangered.
There is much I should not say about what occurred, but in the end I
invited myself to come with them to protect the Ladies and to Entertain
at the Party. As you know, the Entertainment went fairly well, even
though I could not perform to my best with what little I knew of the
languages and cultures. I am not doing so well on the protection, though
I have not failed at it. I found it is difficult to protect people who
act like they do not need protecting. So perhaps I have misunderstood
why I felt I needed to go with them. They must need my help for
something important other than just protection."
"I believe nothing is an accident, as the gods influence events in many
subtle ways. Is your involvement any different?"

Raban looks over the giants sadly, "Some creatures are too tightly bound
to their gods and have little control over their actions. Kototh is one
that refused to let his creations act freely. Had he allowed it, then
maybe these giants could have survived. Some say only humans have that
freedom, but I believe many other races have more than they admit too. I
too have my bindings, I would have preferred not needing to kill them,
but they could have been a risk to others. If they were close to a
settlement, I would have felt the need to drive them off or kill them."

[Raban was a bit nervous about the teleport, though the drop did not
seem to bother him. But having something hiding in the clouds attack the
group, especially the ladies, upsets him greatly. His hands tighten into
fists, showing his gauntlets are more than protection. Raban senses for
where the enemies are and prepares to smash them.]
Raban: "What are gargoyles?"
<Why do I always feel I should say 'Hulk Smash'? Don't make Raban
angry..you would not like him when he is angry ;) >