[pnpgm] Game Update #49 - File #201 - Party heads east...

john haight lithalis at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 05:48:18 CEST 2008

   When Arawn realizes that Zing is dead he will take some time to pay his respect to any family or friends that Zing has and would like to say a prayer by the body, quietly to himself if permission is not granted to do so aloud. Arawn feels pity for the man and a sadness that things turned out as they did. He had his suspicions that there was more going on than a mere rivalry from the past but he did not feel it would be right to question the spirit of the man without evidence, no matter what his intuition said or how strongly he felt the urge to do so. Until then he would limit his prayer for peace for the man's soul and a safe and speedy journey for Zing's immortal soul on the cycle of life.
   During this time he will speak to any present as to the life and personality of the man and why he would so strongly feel the need to challenge Chion.
   As the group made final preparations for their journey he pondered the cryptic prophecy regarding the dark cloud. He had gathered a few supplies in hopes of protecting himself and others from what he feared might lie within the castle walls. Upon seeing Zhou and Kee scratching at themselves he dismounted to take a closer look at the rash. (His primary Healing skill is for alfar/elves but he can still identify and treat humans. What can he tell by examination?)
   "You both acquired this rash recently? When did it first appear and were either of you in contact with the same object or place prior to its appearance?"
   If they can think of a common source then Arawn will ask to be taken to it and will very carefully examine it, doing his best to avoid infection (this also applies to his initial inspection of the two).
   At some point, when Kee and Zhou are out of earshot he will speak to the party.
   "This sudden rash concerns me. It could just be a coincidence or perhaps another 'trick' placed by whomever has chosen to target us since our arrival but I worry that it may be something more disturbing. In Xa Ming's prophecy he spoke of the days before the second Great Plague, of a dark cloud and a tainted and cursed one. I've been thinking about this and wondering if the plague starts with this dark cloud, the floating castle. If so this may be the beginning of the blight mentioned, and I wonder if the curse and taint spoken of is manifested as a disease of epic proportions. I don't seek to breed fear but if this is true we might not only be seeing the beginning of the great plague but, I fear, that if we are not very careful in the actions we take in the castle, we may be responsible, inadvertantly, for bringing the plague to the world by releasing something trapped for centuries within the castle walls."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   When Arawn notices the guard sharing news of the babies birth he will, if nearby, offer a blessing for the child if the father accepts.
   On the way out of town Arawn will swing by the remaining 3 wagons to investigate their wares and possibly listen to rumours or gossip spoken around them as well as inquire with the owners as to recent events outside of the Elder's domain, if they are not local.
   The night before leaving Arawn will inquire with the Elder's major domo in regards to the grey creatures and the rumour of a mountain where the crab armored body mentioned by Kaylle was found. If they don't have info right now then it gives them time to do some research before the group returns. He will also show the picture of the mountain he saw in a vision and will use the elvish empathic ability to 'read' people in case someone might be holding something back.
   During the trip through the woods Arawn will keep an eye out for Dirasa and, at night, invite Fremea to stay in his tent and make sure to seal the entrance tight with cord just in case. He will also accompany be on the lookout for interesting and useful plants and other natural items as they journey (at a casual pace so as to not upset his Smuggler training).
   OOC: Fremea, I'll send a separate post to cover the topic of learning about the Sidh, spells, and performing divinations for you on the second night out.