[pnpgm] Forgetfullness and other stuff...

john haight lithalis at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 05:25:03 CEST 2008

   When Z'leyra explains the situation surrounding the catatonic members of the group Arawn kneels down beside them, his hands rolling their heads so that he can look into their eyes. Without looking up he says to the shaman in a serious and steady voice,
   "I will see what I can do for them."
   Arawn will then attempt to cast Forgetfullness, while using the Sidh tongue, on each of the catatonic characters until they are all awakened or it seems clear that the spell is ineffective in dealing with the problem.
   When he is done he sits back with a distant look in his eyes, as if deep in thought, clarity occasionally returning when he focuses on local scenery. At one point he shakes his head as if unsure of something,
   "Is it possible...?"
   His brow furrows for a moment and then he stands up and addresses the party,
   "I'm not certain about this just yet but as while we were walking something was gnawing at me. Between my recent scans and the information shared by the air spirits something hit me.
   When I was young I remember the Dagda telling me a story of an ancient and magical land one time while visiting my parents court. It was quite a whle ago and my memory is hazy but I think it might be possible the Dagda spoke of Lymria.
   He spoke of a time when the concepts of the great Alignments did not yet exist, when Chaos and Law weren't even the barest of dreams and the True Worlds were in their infancy. One of these lands was a place of great magic, magics that nearly rivaled the gods themselves, but in mankinds hubris these enchanters turned on each other and destruction ensued.
   The key point I remember right now is that due to the nature of magic and the fact that the great Alignments were not yet in existence, all magic was unaligned, as I've said before it naturally is. What this means is that spells that most currently might attribute to an Alignment, say Necromancy to Chaos for example, were not given by nor solely used by forces currently often attributed to Chaos and Evil. The most compassionate and loving person could just as easily call upon such spells just as the most vile and evil of beings could use magics of peace and harmony. Magic was just a tool, raw potential.
   With this in mind it could very well mean that despite apparently 'Chaotic' forces present as well as magic that seems attuned to Chaos, that this place, as well as its master, could very well be a kind and gentle person or even someone in need of our help, as I think back to mention of a 'cursed one' or some such thing in the prophecy. I suggest we tread carefully and try to avoid rash actions when we can. I think communication might be key here."
   With that he moved over to where the fallen gargoyle king lay. Kneeling down to inspect him he seemed surprised when he discovered the slit throat.
   "Raban, did you do this?"
   He sounded very disappointed as he added,
   "I was really hoping to speak with him. I think we need to find out more about this place and just what is going on here. Right now I'm sorely tempted to bring him back for questioning..."
   He stood over the body seemingly unsure what to do next...
   While near the bodies of the Beasts he will take samples from them for possible use at a later date along with scales from the gargoyles.
   In regards to Kiet and Raban's discussion on armor Arawn will reply,
   "I think we may find some items further ahead but if you are truly concerned about armor in the immediate future I may be able to do something about it... if the enchantments here are all encompassing," he said, looking up towards the sun as he did so.