[pnpgm] Dispell/Banish or Slice/Dice

Alex Koponen akoponen at mosquitonet.com
Sat Jul 12 09:30:34 CEST 2008

Previously Z'leyra would have thanked Kiet for the offer but declined
"Thank you, but until I run low on supplies it is better for you to have
your healing kit close to hand in case I am not."

- combat -
Z'leyra suspects that the red creatures are Beasts of Fiery Hate in
non-physical form - dangerous opponents if what she has read about them
is correct. Regretting that she doesn't have any Light spells she
mentally reminds herself to check later to see if one of the Sidh has
the Forgetfullness spell.

As she rests her staff in the crook of her arm and readies her drum
Z'leyra says to the party "Someone else talk with the gargoyle." Hoping
that she will have time Z'leyra will quickly cast Orient Self EL0.

What she does next depends on what the creatures do. If they go physical
and attack her she will draw her greatsword (saying 'Mist') and attempt
to cut them down. If they go physical and attack others but not her, she
will cast the highest EL Purification she can cast in one phase through
her staff then cast max EL Paralysis at one of the Beasts, repeat for
the second.

If they stay non-physical she will cast the highest EL Purification she
can cast in one phase through her staff then cast Dispell/Banish Chaos
at max EL through her staff at a Beast - completing the spell when it is
in range. Repeat for the second.