[pnpgm] Game Update #98 - File #539 - Maps and Wheels

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Dec 19 21:01:11 CET 2008

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  Do David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R? J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #98 in sequence (file #539)

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Yelling back and forth Z'leyra gets and brings the others up to
          date on developments. She suggests that the Elementals be asked
          to point out the magic they want destroyed if they know where it
          is. [Also, do the elementals want to take any of the items Akril
          had?] If they don't know where the magic is then Fremea and Arawn
          would be best at using mana sensing to locate the possible magics
          that might be the source of the elementals anger. If we cannot
          dispel the magic we could destroy the item (destroying the magic)
          or move the item so far away that it would no longer have the
          unwanted effect.

          She mentions that a knowledge spell might work for locating the
          magic if mana sensing doesn't work.
        GM: Ack.

                                --------------------

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea will take a piece of hair from the now sleeping woman.

          As they explore the bedrooms, she will keep listening to anything
          being said by the elementals, as long as the communicate spell
          lasts. She wants to find out if there are any signs that they
          will lead her to the right spot. When she exits the bedroom and
          realizes that Raban is not with them, she will turn around
          quickly and go back to find him. Making sure he did not pass
          out quietly in the room it self or she missed something.

          "Raban? You ok?"
        GM: Ack.

                                --------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          First, not sure by the last post but if no one no one has checked
          the summoning room for magical aura's Arawn will do so, just in
          case the binding magic is tied to the altar.

          Aside from that, I know that OOC we have a report on what happened
          to in the Summoning room but i'm unsure, did he tell us about it
          IC? If not Arawn would ask, while bandaging him,

          "What happened?" (Asking as it could influence things he says or
          does later on)

          Also, if it looks like Raban's in really bad need of magical
          healing (based on observation through his healing skill and/or
          Raban's own words) Arawn will offer to cast a spell on him to
          heal him.
          As the diminutive woman slumped to the ground a look of concern
          crossed Arawn's face. With the prophecy mentioning a curse he
          wondered if she, too, might be geased. Unfortunately, now was
          not the time to look into this as more pressing matters were at
          hand. Still, he decided to mention it to the group.

          "There is a dark aura about this woman. I have seen the likes of
          it before, on those cursed, especially those geased, or when magic
          has gone horribly wrong. I wonder if she linked to the curse said
          to reside over this place?"

          As Arawn turned back toward Chion and the others he checked to
          make sure the others were together, calling down to Z'leyra and
          Kiet.

          "Coming up?" (OOC: The post says that both groups are soon
          informed of each others recent events. Does this include Corona's
          unusual behavior? Asking as I have a thought but Arawn needs to
          know to piece an idea together)

          Aside from this, if everyone is ready, then Arawn will move
          toward the next door.
        GM: Ack.  Raban hasn't informed what happened in the room but
            with what can be seen its not hard to figure out.

                                --------------------

        From Raban: [Re: Healing]
          <Raban would turn down magic healing as being not worth the risk
          right now. With the bandage, he should be fine for now. If it was
          not for all the previous damage, the Lion hit would be a light
          flesh wound. I wonder if Raban has less hit points than Kiet or
          Frema does now? I suppose I can change this to a post reply.>

          Raban (to Arawn): "Thank you but I don't think I should risk
          another magical healing right now, the gods occasionally get
          upset when such things get overly used. I am not that badly hurt,
          I expect it would still need a lucky blow from an enemy to knock
          me out. I will just have to defend myself better in the future,
          though I am starting to envy those with heavy armor."
        GM: Ack.

                                --------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Corona's conversation]
          Z'leyra tries to ask Corona
          "Corona, you okay?"   called in Eagle across to him.
          Followed by "What happened?"

          If the breezy courtyard is too noisy she circles around and
          repeats when close to Corona.

          Corona "Was called to help."
          Z'leyra "Need help?"
          C "To help. Not need help."
          Z "Why set the room ablaze when you left?"
          C "I did? Woke up with feeling to come fast. Feeling over now."
          Z  "Any idea of where we can find the item that the elementals
          don't like and want destroyed...some magic that controls?"
          C  "Elementals? Item? Do not know."
          "Was called like you call me."
          Z  "Okay...I will go search."
          "If not otherwise occupied could you help guard the prisoners?
          Make sure they don't hurt any of us?"
          C  "Right."

          Z'leyra has the impression maybe the glyph had some power to
          call creatures of the air to him...thus C's response...probably
          took him over slightly in the request...

          She will give A'kril's items another close look to see if they
          might be a control item for the floating island.

          Z'leyra informs the party of her conversation with Corona and
          her conclusions.
        GM: Ack.

                                --------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Thanks for the reply.

          "As you wish, Raban. Let me know if you need it anytime."
          As for the battle with the Lion-headed men, does Raban tell us
          what happened? If not, did he reply to Arawn's question, "What
          happened (in there)?"

          Does Z'leyra relay the conversation or Corona's odd action to
          the rest of the group when trading info with Caladan?
        GM: Ack.

                                --------------------

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <oops missed that one, I suppose I should describe it>

          Raban (to Arawn): "I was worried about the time we were taking,
          she could have been in serious trouble in there. So I decided I
          better take a faster way in and avoid a fight with the Lion man.
          He was very fast and nearly caught me anyway as I flew through
          the wall. Once inside I looked around and spotted the woman but
          unfortunately I missed seeing the other Lion man and ended up
          fighting anyway. He did not seem too skilled so I was going to
          just knock him out when he surprised me with a nasty slash. Sadly
          that meant I had to kill him, as I could not afford to take any
          more time with him. The fight seems to frighten the woman,
          especially the blood on my hands, so I had to restrain her.
          Oddly she acted much like the Lion man, trying to claw at first
          then used a dagger. But she was unskilled and easily restrained
          without me causing her much pain. I do wonder if she might be
          possessed or under some spell, some of her reactions did not
          make much sense even in fright.

          Unfortunately the slash I took was one deep enough to need
          immediate treatment, so I rushed back out here. It is not that
          bad, just one that would make a huge mess if not treated. I
          should be fully recovered in a few days, once we have a chance
          to rest. But I am going to need to make a few new shirts and
          pants after we are done here, I don't think these will be
          salvageable."

          < not the best post, but it works>
        GM: Ack.

                                --------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          After hearing Z'leyra's explanation of recent events and Raban's
          own encounter in the summoning chamber a thought passed through
          Arawn's head. It wasn't one that had strong evidence to support
          it at the moment nor was it one he wanted to be true but,
          nevertheless, it crossed his mind. Corona's unusual reaction,
          unaware of his (?) own action/attack in the parlor, along with
          Raban's own feeling that the woman might have been possessed led
          him to wonder if something had been released. Perhaps it was what
          A'kril may have been geased to guard or the start of the plague
          upon the land mentioned in the prophecy. There was no sign of
          anything visible and he wondered, if it was possession on the
          part of both eagle and woman, if a spirit was responsible,
          perhaps more than one. If so, was it something terrible that
          A'kril was meant to prevent being released and was now free due
          to his death and/or destruction of the castle?

          "I'm concerned to hear this from both of you. I wonder if
          possession is happening here? If so some spirit or spirits might
          have been released from here with A'kril's death or some other
          action that has taken place here. The prophecy mentioned the
          'guardian' and I wonder what A'kril was geased to guard all this
          time? Spirits perhaps?

          I know it's a stretch but I can't help but wonder why the sudden
          strange behaviour. I hope I'm wrong but if not we might have to
          deal with them after this mess is resolved. For now I'd keep an
          eye out for any odd behaviour from anyone in the future and be
          prepared to deal with it just in case."

        [Ma 2nd, 1633TH. 5th Day of Adventure #4.
        [Location: Chaos domain, Dark Lands, 9 Miles up, Flying Island]

        [Time: 11:59am - moments before bedrooms are explored.]

        [Fremea flew through the summoning room first and when Arawn
         examine it from some distance there is indeed magic on the altar
         it self.  At least two auras.  Both sidh detect the magic but dare
         not touch it.  The very fact that one aura looks almost identical
         to the one that killed the apprentice on the vault guard indicates
         danger.  The other aura is not known with basic sensory detection.
         The runes and symbols around the altar seem to indicate basic
         summoning constructs.  Astral lines for better summoning.   Things
         for better communications with creatures.  Anything that might
         help a basic wizard summon a creature.]

        [Arawn makes only a cursory inspection and leaves the room not
         wanting to get near the altar.  He inspects the other dead line
         creature and then leaves the room.]

        [As Arawn begins to get his healing materials out to help
         Raban, Chion seems to be in a trance on the balcony.]

        [While bandaging Raban's nasty back neck wound he asks a question.]

        Arawn: "What happened?" (

        [Arawn offers to magically heal and restore the wound.  Raban
         considers this and guesses the risk.  If Z'leyra were with
         the party she might give better specific odds.  But his guess
         is too risky for healing.  Raban furrows his brows and wonders
         why the main healer of the party isn't with them and wonders
         if Kiet is enough to protect her.  Only minutes later does he
         hear about the Glyph and the fire in the room.  Raban replies
         to Arawn on the magical healing.]

        Raban: "Thank you but I don't think I should risk another magical
          healing right now, the gods occasionally get upset when such
          things get overly used. I am not that badly hurt, I expect it
          would still need a lucky blow from an enemy to knock me out. I
          will just have to defend myself better in the future, though I
          am starting to envy those with heavy armor."

        Arawn: "As you wish, Raban. Let me know if you need it anytime."

        Raban: "I was worried about the time we were taking, she could have
[...]

        [Arawn perks his eyebrow at the thought of flying through walls
         without spells or maybe he missed the words?  But he'll have
         to pocket that for later.  He begins to piece things together.]

        [A few minutes later Chion slams the bottom of the staff onto the
         balcony floor.  Clearly upset his face contorts in a brief glimpse
         of anger most haven't seen before.  Those who see it let him gather
         his thoughts.  A few seconds later his normal neutral face is seen.
         He glances around into the courtyard and in the air and then around
         the place as if looking for something or someone. Satisfied he
         approaches the group and speaks.]

        Chion: "It appears that this place is falling relatively slowly.
          About another 45 minutes before it hits the ground. Without the
          Elementals it will fall faster. The Glyph appears to be key to
          keeping them here. I am all for destroying it to free them, but
          we must be prepared afterward to get out of here, fast."

        [Chion stares at the sleeping woman and seems to consider what
         will come next.  What will his teacher do?  What will the
         Elder do?  The entire lands.  What events today will cause
         ripples in the dark lands and the entire region itself.]

        [Before moving to the bedrooms Arawn glances at the sleeping woman.
         He tries to recall the prophecy and the details if all this or
         none of it is linked.  Prophecy as his parents said can be like
         rivers.  They can bend in any one directions and twist and turn,
         then subdivide into so many streams the information can be lost
         in its original content.  Of course his mother always said
         prophecies were just stories gods made up to play with humans or
         fake visions to be playful.  Humans can be so gullible in such
         things.  Yet in what he has seen in so little time in the middle
         world he wonders if her words were misspoken.]

        Arawn: "There is a dark aura about this woman. I have seen the likes
          of it before, on those cursed, especially those geased, or when
          magic has gone horribly wrong. I wonder if she linked to the
          curse said to reside over this place?"

        [Fremea and Arawn can easily detect magic presence on the woman
         indicating she is a mage of some sort.  Raban can recall her
         speaking a few words before she got to him.  But the final
         conclusion might not be known for some time.]

                                --------------------

        [Time: 12:06 pm]

        [Z'leyra yells up to Caladan and relays the events that have
         happened below in the main room.  She wonders and suggests the
         Elementals help.  But she is leery of too much talk about them
         with a Wind Elemental just feet away from her in the courtyard.
         It is clear if the Windy Man wanted A'kril's items he could've
         simply took them with little effort. Caladan replies that the
         Elementals seem to have gone away to do their own thing and
         intend to not help the party at this point.]

        [Having explored the master bedroom, A'kril's own room it seems,
         and meeting up with the others Fremea is satisfied with the
         quick exploration.  She plucks a hair from the sleeping woman
         for later use.  She turns around and then realizes Ben'dar and
         Raban are missing.  She runs back to the bedroom as the others
         move down the hallway.  She enters the master bedroom and checks
         under the bed.  She realizes the giant would have to lost a
         man size to fit under there.  She then realizes Ben'dar was
         in the closet.]

        [As Arawn and Unali collect Chion and Caladan they see Z'leyra
         below.  Arawn waves and yells down.]

        Arawn: "Coming up?"

        [Z'leyra crosses into the courtyard under the balcony.  She
         walks over to the north door.  She comes from under it and
         now is under the stairs that lead to the second floor.  Covering
         her face and hair from the wind in the courtyard she shakes
         her head in response to Arawn.  She replies not unless someone
         is need of healing help.  She looks over at Corona on the ledge
         near the stairs and notice he is a bit confused.  Getting closer
         to be able to hear the eagle she speaks the language of the Eagle
         and asks him a question.  They talk back and forth for a few
         long secones.  Then Z'leyra turns back to walk back toward Kiet.
         Corona flies in the same general direction avoiding the
          wind that is in the courtyard.  Corona flies toward Kiet who
          ducks and he flies through the door and lands near the
          prisoners.  Z'leyra smiles when she meets up with Kiet and
          explains he seems fine now.  But Kiet isn't so sure.  Z'leyra
          enters back into the hallway to rejoin the prisoners and
          the two barbarians who haven't killed them yet.  They still
          seem confused and scared but at least are acting good for now.]

         [Before crossing back to join Kiet she looks up to quickly
          give what Corona said.]

         Z'leyra: "Corona, you okay? What happened?"
         Corona:  "Was called to help."
         Z'leyra: "Need help?"
         Corona:  "To help. Not need help."
         Z'leyra: "Why set the room ablaze when you left?"
         Corona:  "I did? Woke up with feeling to come fast. Feeling over
           now."
         Z'leyra: "Any idea of where we can find the item that the
           Elementals don't like and want destroyed...some magic that
           controls?"
         Corona: "Elementals? Item? Do not know. Was called like you
           call me."
         Z'leyra: "Okay...I will go search. If not otherwise occupied
           could you help guard the prisoners? Make sure they don't hurt
           any of us?"
         Corona: "Right."

         [Z'leyra then quickly gives her impression of the conversation.
          That maybe the Windy Man could call air creatures like birds
          and Corona was just caught in the backwash.  Maybe the call
          to help him was overwhelming and took him over slightly but
          he seems fine now.]

         [Inside the closet of the master bedroom Fremea goes through
          the clothes and growls at the sudden loss of Ben'dar as well.]

         Fremea: "Raban? You ok?" [She repeats a few times in the room.]

         [Unali, Caladan, Chion and Arawn move down the hall to the next
          door.  The door is inspected by Arawn for magic but none is
          detected.  It is a wooden door with a lock and it is locked.]

         [Arawn considers Z'leyra and Raban's information.]

         Arawn: "I'm concerned to hear this from both of you. I wonder if
           possession is happening here? If so some spirit or spirits
           might have been released from here with A'kril's death or some
           other action that has taken place here. The prophecy mentioned
           the 'guardian' and I wonder what A'kril was geased to guard all
           this time? Spirits perhaps?

           I know it's a stretch but I can't help but wonder why the sudden
           strange behavior. I hope I'm wrong but if not we might have to
           deal with them after this mess is resolved. For now I'd keep
           an eye out for any odd behavior from anyone in the future and
           be prepared to deal with it just in case."

         [Moments earlier...]

         [Ben'dar in the closet growls as he swore he saw Raban in the
          tiny closet.  He starts to wonder if he is seeing things. First
          he saw or thought he saw, Raban go through walls like they
          didn't exist, now he disappears like a ghost.  Ben'dar wonders
          if that wound he took from the lion thing is causing him to
          see things.  He growls in disgust and begins to thrash he
          clothes back and forth.  How could a huge man like him step
          in a closet and disappear?  Its not like he went into a
          different world and saw talking Lions and snow witches.]

         [Ben'dar stumbles on a boot and pitches backward into a silk
          dress.  His footing slips and he falls backward onto his feet.
          Reacting fast he grabs for his pike and draws it to a tall
          man's chest.  But Ben'dar growls when he notices Raban
          towering over him.  Ben'dar grabs his shoulder and looks
          back to where he just was and sees a wall.  Confused he
          looks up to a smiling Raban.  He shakes his head wondering
          if he is now walking through walls and if its catching.]

         Raban: "Walking through walls? No, I only do that when there
           isn't a door handy."

         [Now back at the present when Fremea is in the closet.  Raban
          grabs with his mighty hands the seam of the secret door and
          slides open.  There standing with hand on dagger in the
          middle of silk clothes like a doll is Fremea.  Light shines
          into the closet and Raban blinks and grins again.]

         Raban: "Oh there you are, I thought everyone went in here but I
           could not find them."

         [Fremea walks through the sliding secret door and looks around
          the bright room.  Ben'dar gets to his feet when he hears the
          door jiggle but no one comes in.  He begins to cross the room
          when Fremea stops him.  She glances for any floor magic just in
          case and then scans the walls.  Then she nods and Ben'dar get to
          the door and unlocks it to let the others in.  The others are
          confused by the appearance of the other three but quickly figure
          it out from the sliding secret wall.]

         [This room is 26 by 20 feet.  A fireplace keeps this room warm
          and is in the center of the north wall.  Two large floor to
          ceiling windows about 6 feet wide are on the side of the
          fireplace.  Above the fireplace is just brick and stone wall.
          The windows and fireplace dominate the north wall.  Behind the
          fireplace a few feet is a raised platform of sorts that is as
          wide as 8 feet and as long as 6 feet.  The tallest portion feet
          feet up is in the north.  The middle section is about 4 feet and
          south portion is about 2 feet off the ground. It is as if stepping
          up.  From the south a wooden step allows one to step onto the
          platform.  Along the west, east and north ends of the platform
          is a wooden railing.  At the top level center is a raised
          pedestal.  On this pedestal are two levers of some sort.
          Between those levers is a circle wheel that almost looks
          identical to a ship's wheel.  Anyone that has been on a ship
          has seen such a device.  Arawn and Fremea examine it for magic
          but see no auras at all.]

         [Behind the platform and a bit to the east are three wooden
          chairs with silk cushions.  It is as if for looking outside
          the windows and facing north.    A oak table in the south
          west area is oak. A small wooden area on the east wall seems
          to be hooks as if for hanging things.  The floor is a carpeted
          yellow and lightning is done by candles on the platform,
          fireplace and oak table.]

         [One hook is holding a paper copy of the Dark Lands.  It looks
          fairly new and not the old yellow pages of those scrolls and
          books found in the library.  It is not a master map like that
          in the Citadel but a common one some common person may have.
          Chion growls at the thought of the map being here.  He wonders
          if the female he captured gave them this map.]

         [Fremea continues to examine the platform carefully as Arawn
          and Unali look out the north windows.  There the storm seems
          to have cleared and Arawn sees the foggy border they saw
          earlier when they first came.  The magical barrier that
          seems to claim the edge of this place is just a few hundred
          feet away or so north.  That means the castle must be on
          the north east edge of the island.  Arawn senses the barrier
          is still up and that must be the binding magic.  He turns
          back and heads toward the Oak table that Caladan is looking
          at.  As soon as Arawn gets a foot away an aura that wasn't
          there a moment ago is detected.  he braces and shoves
          Caladan away.]

         [But instead of some death magic a blur of lights appears above
          the table.  Greens and blues mostly.  Caladan gasps and draws
          the attention of the others to look. Within a few seconds the
          magic that seems to be illusion of some kind forms into a three
          dimensional map of the area. The bottom of the two is one blur
          of green and slight brown hues that must indicate the forest.
          The table itself is 6 by 6 feet and the scale is hard to figure
          out.  A small gray botch about the size of a fingernail is on
          one end of the forest in the east.  That could indicate a
          village or town or something else.  Above the map a form of a
          land mass about the size of a hand is shown above the forest and
          glows brown and blue.  The party figures that must be the flying
          castle.  There are no legend marks or anything else to indicate
          height or scale.  The three dimensional map is quite unique and
          some stare at it for a few seconds and then glance at the paper
          map, windows and platform.  It is not hard to figure out the
          purpose of the room to be some kind of navigation room.  The
          platform must be how to control the place.  But Caladan speaks
          what all are thinking.]

         Caladan: "Can it be that simple?"

         Fremea goes back to the platform and tries to look between the
          carpet and under the platform for signs of magic.  How could
          this wheel send signals to move the place?  It doesn't seem
          magical.  There must be some other control device.  if it
          was this simple the Elementals would likely have been in this
          place already.]

         [Having ignored the door in the north east corner besides the
          hooks till now the party opens them after inspecting for traps
          and magic.  But the room opens to another bright room. This one
          is 16 by 12 feet or so.  A stone table and single wooden chair
          is here in the center.  East and north wall have windows that
          are floor to ceiling like the other room. In the north east
          corner of the room is a metal ladder.  On the roof a metal
          hatch is seen with bar lock from inside.  The floor is stone
          and lighting is done by the windows and table candles (unlit
          now).  No signs of magic is found here. The hatch seems to lead
          to the roof.  Based on the windows this must be another
          observation room for navigation as it shows more of the east
          side of the edge that is maybe 100 feet east of the edge of the
          window.]

         [Caladan climbs the ladder and unlocks it and lets the hatch
          fall to the side.  He looks out and then ducks back in.]

         Caladan: "Fremea.  Why not scan the roof quickly and see what
           you can find?  The storm is gone and I see nothing much up
           here."

         [As the party go back into the navigation room they try and figure
          out what could be going on.  Raban watches from the hatch Fremea
          fly around knowing he could fly to her rescue if needed better
          than anyone else.  But it soon only takes her at most a minute
          and half to scan the roof.  Corona must've been confused in
          reporting a 3rd floor unless the roof is one.  She comes back
          and reports it is only a flat stone roof with areas destroyed by
          lightning from the Cloud being.  There must be at least 30 or so
          of those holes.  The destroyed tower is in the south west and
          this area is slightly raised for observation maybe a few feet but
          not a tower. The north west and south east areas are simple roof
          areas. The courtyard takes up the bulk of the floor.  Stacks
          for various fireplaces are on the roof.  There are signs  of
          wind, smoke, fire and other damage on the roof that may indicate
          battle or natural damages from natural reasons.  Stone work in
          some places is better than others.  But it is aging and old.
          The rim of the entire castle is raises like a normal castle
          might have for protection.  The roof is easy for landing on or
          walking on.  But otherwise there is nothing else of interest to
          report.  No signs of magical auras or other hidden areas.]

         [Fremea returns and reports the lack of interesting things. Cold
          she warms up quickly in front of the fire.  In the meantime
          Ben'dar exits back to the wall to check for more doors but none
          are found in the east.  It seems the entire castle at  this point
          has been explored.]

         [Time: 12:10 pm]

         [As Fremea warms up to the fire, Caladan and Arawn examine the
          illusionary map that still remains.  They wonder how to affect
          its scale or if it can change.  Raban and Chion inspect the dark
          lands paper map and finds little detail just the basic layout of
          the domains.  No markings of any value.  The language is in Katai
          as well.  Some markings indicate village or important castle
          names like the Elders or the Sorceress or even Sven's as they
          are the top three in the land.  Marks showing which lands are
          what orientation also show in small letters.  Raban moves along
          the wall and inspects the hangers.  When he gets to a portion of
          the wall he notices the dust is light here.  His skills pick up
          and again he seems to indicate a seam on the wall of the stone.
          He looks left and right and finds no way to open this seam.
          Upset now at the wound he took and the time that is dropping
          literally in the courtyard he roars and then kicks the stone
          in anger.  It moves backwards and the seam shows up more.  Chion
          looks over and approaches as the others look on.  Raban kicks
          again and the left side of the small secret door swings open to
          reveal a small room.]

         [As the door disconnects to the wall Raban moves to the side and
          bumps into Chion.  But no magic shoots out.  Arawn and Fremea
          scan the edge of the wall but detect nothing.  Arawn knowing
          his armor is better pushes the wall further in and a small dank
          and dusty room is revealed.  It is about 16' by 6 feet. Nothing
          is in the room but a blue shining circle that is hovering in
          mid-air.  Peeking around the door the thing is obviously magic
          but doesn't seem to react to the Sidh's presence.  Arawn steps
          into the room and examines the circle hovering object but still
          nothing happens.  Caladan peeks around the door and speaks.]

         Caladan: "A portal?  It looks almost like the one ...well the
           one we got Corona from..."

         [He wonders how much he should speak of Lady Varo and the
          prophecies she spoke of.  Corona came of it as well as Tef'wo
          for Ben'dar on the island of Clima.  He continues unsure how
          much to explain.]

         Caladan: "Step through and it takes you somewhere."

         [Fremea is still unsure but Arawn nods.  Yes.  Lower World portals
          have been documented and almost look like this.  It could be a
          inter-world portal or just a portal that teleports the party to
          another area of the room.  The sidh scan the room as the hovering
          portal shins only a faint blue on the walls. But there is nothing
          on the floor or walls indicate any clues.  The portal itself has
          a black center and blue/white trim about half an inch.  It stands
          a foot off the ground and is as wide as 5 feet and tall as 5
          feet.  Memories of Lady Varo come back to Ben'dar and Caladan
          as well as Chion and Unali.  Caladan cocks his head and wonders
          if the mysterious lady is behind the veil.  As Fremea examines
          the back of the portal it is the same as the front.  Caladan
          shrugs and steps into the portal before Arawn and Ben'dar
          can stop him.]

         [Ben'dar curses in Zen'dali at the foolish wizard but a man who
          has died and come back must be foolish enough to take odd risks.
          Ben'dar looks to the others to react but before he can speak
          Caladan steps back through.  He coughs a bit and then speaks.]

         Caladan: "Dusty in there.  No dragon ate me.  But it goes to
           a dark place with steps going down.  Should we explore it?"

         [Arawn tries to recall the rules of interworld travel.  If one
          travels below or above the middle world time shifts.  If he was
          gone only a few seconds wouldn't time have passed far faster here
          or less?  That might indicate it isn't a world portal.]

                                --------------

         [Time: 12:11 pm]

         [Z'leyra returns to the main room and finds A'kril's items
         in the mess of the destroyed room to examine them further.]

        Actions? Comments?

        Next Update...Monday...

        GM: I did forget the magic of the altar last post so now above.

        GM: Yes. When Z'leyra appears a few minutes later both groups would
            know pretty much 90% of what went down minor details deleted
            for time.  That would include Corona's odd behavior in terms
            of his firing on the two and fleeing to show upstairs.

        GM: In hopes to get this going I went ahead with the Fremea
            roof exploration, secret door and portal.  Caladan felt
            such keen interest in seeing Varo again he risked it.  This
            entire above would've prevented about 2 weeks of updates. :)
            I was hoping to finish actually by year's end.  But seeing
            as that's only a few days away it isn't going to happen.
            Oh well.  I like nice round numbers (1/1/09) to start a
            new adventure.  But we are about 2-3 weeks behind.  So
            we'll go for maybe 2/1 instead. :) At any rate let me know
            who wishes to enter the portal and who does not.  Please
            let me know by Monday.  If no one goes through then what
            will you guys do?  If folks do then I'll report results
            in next update.

        GM: Next week is Christmas.  I know we have folks who are good
            in replying fast (like Raban and such) and others not so. So
            let me know if you guys are going to be out of town for X-mas?
            If one person is then no need to do a update then.  If folks
            will be in town maybe I'll try for a update for 12/24 if I can
            get it done.  If not I can try for a normal update on 12/26.
            But it will depend on if anyone is out of town and can't read
            it.  I may still work on one update and have it readable for
            next weekend for thinking and such.

        GM: Due to last minute posts I ran out of time to update web
            map.  So if below map messes up in email see website
            for this update.  I'll try and update the full player
            map with room description details this weekend.  The below
            is basically what the new rooms look like.  There is
            no need for a roof layout I don't think. Didn't have time
            to deal with first floor stuff.  If Kiet or Z'leyra want
            to do more let me know.  I'll handle it next time.
            Also the holographic/illusion map the flying island on
            the map is about 2 feet above the center of the oak table.

  Map Legend -

       3 - Wind      - V29, Hovering 2 feet up, holding dirt hourglass
         - Room D - Everyone but Kiet/Z'leyra/Corona
           First floor Hallway - Z'leyra, Kiet, Corona

  [Second Floor]

  Legend -           North /|\
           1 Row    = 2 feet
           1 Column = 2 feet
                ° = Solid wall or earthen rock
           / or \ = Door
           ,,     = Stone Steps
           @@     = Table
           ##     = Cabinet, Storage Chest or locker
           *      = Chair
           o      = Barrel
           `      = Shelf
           ~~     = Pull lever
           I      = Stone wall
           $      = Bed
           :      = Window

      [Some symbols may be different and will be described if that
       changes for each room.]

           Rm A.      Room B        Room D          Room E
        I--------------------------------------------------I   Row
        I   [**]   I   ~$$$~   **I    [**]     /           I    A
        I          I    $$$   ___I             \___        :    B
        :   ###    I    $$$   /  I     ##     `I°°I        :    C
        I   ###    I##        \  I    ####    `I°°I   ###  :    D
        :          I##*       I  I    #..#    `I°°I    *   :    E
        I *     *  I________/\I__I             I°°I________I    F
        I          I$$` ##I   I°°I ###  *   *  I²²/        I    G
        : *     *  I$$   *I   I°°I ###    *    I°°I     [*]I    H
        I          I$$    \   I°°I ###         I°°I        I    I
        I___/\_____I______/   I°°I_____/\______I°°I________I    J
        I                                                  I    K

                  1         2         3         4         5
         12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
           Rm A.      Room B         Room D      Room E
        I---------------------------------------------------   Row
        I   [**]   I   ~$$$~   **I    [**]    /            I    A
        I          I    $$$   ___I            \            I    B
        :   ###    I    $$$   /  I     ##     `I°°         :    C
        I   ###    I##        \  \    ####    `I°°    ###  :    D
        :          I##*       I  I    #..#    `I°°     *   :    E
        I *     *  I________/\I__I             I°°_________I    F
        I          I$$` ##I   I°°I ###  *   *              I    G
        : *     *  I$$   *I   I°°I ###    *    I°°°    O   I    H
        I          I$$    \   I°°I ###         I°°         I    I
        I___/\_____I______/   I°°I_____/\______I°°_________I    J
        I          Room C                                  I    K
        :                          Stairs                  :    L
        I_______________   __________.._______  ___________I    M
     M  I           I  [  ]         I..[[.   [  ]I         I    N
     i  :           I  [  ]         I[[[[    [  ]I [~] [~] I R  O
     d  I ...   ... I  [  ]  *      ____     [  ]I [~] [~] : o  P
      ->I ...   ...    [  ]        /    \    [  ]I [~] [~] I o  Q
     L  : ...   ...    [  ]       (  *  )    [  ]I [~] [~] I m  R
     e  I ...   ...    [  ]        \___/     [  ]I  ~   ~  :    S
     v  I ...   ...    [  ]                  [  ]I  o   o  I G  T
     e  : ...   ... I  [  ]  *               @@@@I        #I    U
     l  I           I+ [  ]     .....3....   @@@@I        #I    V
        I___________I__[  A__________________ @@@I_________I    W
        I               /\                    /\           I    X
        :                \----Ledge/Balcony///             :    Y
        I____/\_____   ____________________________________I    Z
                   I   I
            Kiet -->   I   Main Room
                           [1st floor]

  Room A - Summoning Room 20x20'

     This room houses a fireplace ([*]) that stays low.  There is a altar
     (##) and stone columns ornately decorated (*) among the room.  The
     floor is a carpeted dark red.  Lighting is by fireplace, windows and
     candles by the altar. Door is a simple wooden with moderate lock.

  Room C - Bodyguard Bedroom 12x8'

     This room has a bed ($) with small nightstand (~), chest (#) for
     clothing and chair (*).  Floor is stone and lighting is by candle on
     the nightstand.  Door is wooden with simple lock.