[pnpgm] Game Update #96 - File #523 - Elementals react to talk

john haight lithalis at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 07:41:15 CET 2008

OOC: This entire scene reminded me of a prophecy earlier in the game regarding a 'gentle giant' and a 'protector of children' saving Katai from a great plague. I just couldn't remember it beyond the giant and child part. I tried searching and it took me forever to locate where i found but once something's gnawing at me I just can't stop without getting to the bottom of things. After all my searching it turns out it was a prophecy that only Unali knows and was mentioned in update #40 as a purely mental thing so I couldn't even use it in the post. After all that! Gagh!:-P

   Oh, and oops! on the translation being in Katai. I guess habit due to location.

   Arawn pulled himself to his feet as he listened quietly to the dialogue occuring between Fremea and the Glyph. The elemental had apparently been one of the ones trapped here and knew nothing of the compact made earlier but luckily it seemed to find common ground with the group's resident faerry. Not wishing to risk disrupting negotiations he simply moved closer to Fremea in case things went south which, thankfully, it never did. When the aerial hourglass manifested in did not take him long to determine that the group had roughly 45 to 60 minutes left before it would effectively run out.

  [Marentian] "Beautiful words Fremean and well done." Directing his words toward the other party members he added,
   "Fremea has appeased the elementals for now. They are free but they wish the binding magic destroyed and we have, by my calculations, roughly an hour, maybe less, to locate and destroy it.
   I think it would be good to work on this. It might be the only chance we have to direct this castle elsewhere and prevent a major catastrophe should it impact the ground below and possibly save Ticero if he's still here." (assuming he wasn't our now dead apprentice)

   He looked in Ben'dar and Unali's direction, his attention finally freed to fully take in the battle they were embroiled in. At the same time he recalled Raban moving through the wall to rescue what was likely a Sylph in the other room.

   "Let's clear up this spot and get moving! If you've got this fight I'll move forward and see if Raban needs help!"

   Arawn will attempt to maneuver towards the door that leads into the room Raban entered. If he can't get through due to the lion-man blocking his way then Arawn will attack using his Martial Arts.