[pnpgm] Game Update #78 - File #311 - Party returns back to camp

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Sep 21 08:40:42 CEST 2007

#
  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #78 in sequence (file #311)

     Admin notes: None.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra shakes her head to Trembyl's question. She keeps an
          eye on Chion as she signs to Trembyl about the staff plants
          and Chion's paralysis. As she is doing this she recovers her
          satchel and other gear. Signing, she asks Trembyl if he can
          cure paralysis, if not to stand watch while she does what she
          can for Chion.

          [She no longer needs to send her horse to fetch the party.]

          Once she is sure Chion is stabilized she will have a discussion
          via signing with Trembyl about the best way to destroy the
          staff plants. Likely she will proceed with the plan to jury
          rig a polearm and destroy them from a distance.

          She will stroke both the horse and Corona to indicate her
          approval of their actions.

         [Decalis 16th, 107th day since left Marentia, 42nd day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]

          [Location: Pavassa Forest - Lake Oca/Deep Forest]
          [Weather -  Overcast, 58 Degrees]

          [Time    -  4:05pm]

          [Meanwhile in the deep forest to the west...]

             [Ben'dar and Farseeker guide Arawn's horse with
              Arawn slumped over the horse in a dead man's ride.
              Thig flies above the tree line to get bearings
              while Ben'dar re-traces their path to this point.]

             Farseeker: "The female looked like some possible leader?
               But its hard to say.  She seemed to bark an order
               but maybe she was just trying to talk."

             [As Arawn rides paralyzed he gives into the almost
              annoying ride.  Occasionally having to be shifted
              back into place by one of the others.  He re-thinks
              back to the images he saw.  He is uncertain what was
              real, imaginary or just some vision.  He has seen
              the Lower World in some of its places and nothing
              like the visions fit what he has heard of it or
              seen.  Same with the Upper World.  Yes, there are
              the Lava Plains of Osat or the jelly like grasslands
              of the Churen or even the Shadowlands of the Girt.
              But none of those places or others he knows or has
              seen personally has that unusual sky color and that
              moon or planet or whatever it was in the sky.
              As he rides he thinks deeply on all these last few
              minutes and the bonding...]

                                ------------

          [Meanwhile in the deep forest to the west...]

             [Trembyl folds his arms across his chest and smirks
              at Z'leyra after giving his comment.  Even
              Strie'bog seems to give a quick smirk at the funny
              remark.  Trembyl gives a quick laugh and then
              approaches the Z'leyra and Chion.]

             [Z'leyra shakes her head to the remark and seems to
              ignore it entirely.  With her back toward Trembyl
              she continues to check over Chion.  It seems he
              has the one bite mark and that's it.  She
              raises a hand to Trembyl and explains via sign
              language the situation.]

             Trembyl: "Whoa there.  I don't know sign language.
               Slow down let me see if I can understand."

             [He looks at Strie'bog to see if he understands the
              hang signals but he shrugs a negative.]

             [Z'leyra turns and looks up.  She tries to mouth
              and use simple hand gestures to explain the situation.
              As she does this she grabs her satchel off the
              horse and continues to explain.  This takes a good
              five minutes before Trembyl seems to understand.]

             [Trembyl finally grasps some of the concepts Z'leyra
              is trying to convey.  Based on seeing one staff
              with no head piece and the one dead snake body Corona
              dropped on shore and the bite wound on Chion he
              finally seems to understand.  Recalling the battle
              and that of Unali he comments.]

             Trembyl: "No.  I can't cure him.  Should we destroy the
               staff things?"

             [Z'leyra nods and tries to remind him of the snakes and
              their attack.]

             [Trembyl studies the situation for some minutes and
              finally nods his head.]

             Trembyl: "We found more like these and those things."
               [He points to the orbs] on the other side of the
               lake in a small hutt.  I doubt Chion killed the
               snake if he was immediately paralyzed.  So it
               would seem in his fall he killed the snake.  But
               again that's unlikely based on the size of the
               snake that could easily escape the area.  So my
               guess is the water killed it.  Likely it could not
               swim.  Maybe those creatures have to harvest the
               staffs once they get to a point and then only use
               them on land?  Strie'bog has a axe that could probably
               swipe one of the rods in one full direct hit.  But
               getting close is dangerous.  So if water seems to
               be bad for them I have an idea."

             [Trembyl knows using magic against the staffs might not
              be wise based on the combat, when magic seemed to
              not work.  So he stands on shore a good 20 feet from
              the staff grove.  He begins to raise both arms and
              speak some magical words.  He begins to concentrate
              on the center of the grove.  Suddenly a rumble is
              found around the shore and bubbles begin to erupt
              from the lake.  Waves start to move outward from the
              staff grove.  Suddenly the staffs begin to shake
              and wiggle back and forth.  But as the four watch
              from the shore the staffs begin to sink.  First a
              foot then two.  Z'leyra stands to watch the scene
              as the staffs sink even faster below the water.  As
              soon as the staff heads bottom hits the water line
              the heads transform into snakes.  Still attached to
              the rods though they can't escape as they continue
              to move lower and lower.  Soon within seconds only
              the tips of the heads and last ditch lunges from the
              snakes are only seen.  A total of about 4 seconds
              and the staffs are under the water.  Massive bubbles
              and waves circle out from the area.]

             [Trembyl begins to breath heavy and then lowers his
              arms for a few seconds.  Then he raises them again
              and seems to speak the same words.  This time the
              rumble is heard again.  Within a few seconds the
              staffs raise up higher into the water.  But as son
              as most get about 3 feet above the water line they
              fall into the water splashing into the water.  As
              they emerge from the water, the top of the snake
              head points are now limp and not solid.  They dangle
              down and obviously appear to be dead snakes.  All
              of the rods fall to the ground and float.]

             [Z'leyra looks to Trembyl for an explanation.]

             Trembyl: "A small earthquake big enough to create the
               ground to open up about 10 feet down.  They sank
               in the soft sand and were drowned.  I then reversed
               it and closed the rift making it move up from
               falling sand but only to a point could it be
               raised.  Looks like they are all dead now."

             [Z'leyra returns to Chion and runs some herbs over the
              bite mark to prevent any problems.]

             Trembyl: "We should get him back to camp.  Maybe
               Bohusara can cure him."

             [Corona glides over the lake area for several more
              minutes and finds none of the snakes seem to
              lunge.  Satisfied they seem to dead he takes a
              chance and grabs one rod and climbs.  Nothing happens
              so he drops it on shore.  He repeats the process for
              the other staff rods.]

             [Trembyl, Z'leyra and Strie'bog help Chion to his
              horse and gather up supplies.  With Trembyl and
              Strie'bog walking, Z'leyra takes it slow in driving
              Chion's horse through the winding path back to the
              camp.]

                                -------------------

          [Meanwhile at the Clearing...]

             [As Xian and Unali warm by the fire they wait for any
              word on the others.  They talk for awhile on the
              day and the events in the last few days.]

          [Time    -  4:39pm]

             Xian: "If only we had a Juppa plant to roast.  As kids
               we'd roast them over fires.  Was a big plant head
               with a almond type thing inside.  Even the plant
               was tasty after it roasted...But messy --"

             [Suddenly from the east Z'leyra with the other 3 emerge
              from the lake path.  Xian and Unali see Chion limp
              and Xian rushes over.  Unali take s bit of a slower
              run.  Trembyl explains as best he can what happened
              since Z'leyra can't speak.  The Vassa help Chion
              gently to the ground near the warm fire.  Trembyl
              and the others give what occurred at the small hutt
              and the growth of orbs and plants.  Z'leyra can't
              communicate with anyone here so remains quiet until
              Chion and be cured to go over her details.]

             [Z'leyra tries to dry her clothes by the fire.
              Corona takes to the air when he spots Thig approaching.]

          [Time    -  5:03pm]

             [As the party sees Arawn strewn on the horse they are
              saddened by another party member down.  But they
              soon realize he is also only paralyzed.  Farseeker
              and Ben'dar explain the situation.]

             Xian: "Female creature with a headdress? Strange and
               stranger by the minute."

          [Time    -  5:12pm]

             [It has been over an hour since Bohusara has left and
              the party went their separate ways.  By now the
              stories of the attack in the west, the hutt and the
              strange growths in the east have been discussed
              up and down as best they can and shared among each
              of the party.  As the party sits around the fire
              and the limp forms of Arawn/Chion warm up by the
              fire the night gets colder.  Another degree or two
              seems to drop.  By now the sun is not seen as its
              only about 10 degrees above the horizon and well
              blocked by the forest.  Sunset is definitely soon
              within the next hour at the very least.]

             [As the party are talking they hear flapping of wings
              and suddenly see Bohusara zoom back into the camp
              and land by the party.  She sees the limp bodies
              of Chion and Arawn who at this point haven't been
              cured still.  She frowns but is happy to see all
              alive.]

             Bohusara: "I finally return.  It took longer than I
               thought to settle things down after Z'leyra's little
               colorful spell effect.  Most of the creatures seem
               to be normal now.  The Protectors have been alerted
               and report back there are no more creatures in the
               forest other than the two that were chased, and
               I assume taken care of from the looks of it.
               The Protectors assure me of no more creatures in
               this region."

             Xian: "Region?"

             Bohusara: "I have the ability to sense and communicate
               within a full power within about 10 miles around
               me.  As the range increases my ability decreases.
               Though I can sense some minor informatio as far
               as 100 mile its vague.  The Protectors tend to
               relay messages and informations to me.  In this
               case the region is about a 50 mile radius around
               here.  Not including the plains which they have
               no authority over."

             [She sits down tired from flying and raises her hands
              to the warm fire.]

             Bohusara: "So tell me about the things that have come
               to pass?  Did you find anything in the chase?
               Anything around the lake." [She stops and recalls
               the paralyzed folks and stands back up with a
               slight look of embarrassment.] "I should cure them
               both I suppose first.  Move them over there and
               I'll do that now.  But in the meantime let me
               know what has occurred.  Do any of you have a
               suggestion on how to cure the lake?"

             [As Chion and Arawn are move do the side Bohusara
              prepares to cure their paralysis.]

             Xian: "Looks like we'll be here for the night unless
               we decide to teleport back?  But fixing the lake
               could take some time."

          Actions? Comments?

          Next update Monday...

          GM: Ok.  Monday I'll cast the spells to cure Arawn/Chion.
              So at that point you guys can talk and interact
              as normal.  Including telling stories and replies
              to comments. Anyone can come up with suggestions
              on the lake.  So post your ideas and comments.
              Once Chion is cured he can translate fully any
              comments from Z'leyra.

          GM: Basically once follow-up is done with the bodies, the
              orbs and staffs (if done so) and the lake we'll
              move back to the Sacred forest.  At that point
              the party can have fun in the Solstice celebration
              and this adventure will be over.  So the big
              issue now is the curing of the lake.  So think hard!