[pnpgm] Game Update #86 - File #344 - Solstice Celebrations

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Oct 30 09:12:50 CET 2007

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
     Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #86 in sequence (file #344)

     Admin notes: Everyone welcome our first of several new players
     to join our band - Tobie aka Fremea.  Since I have punished
     the Dwarfs for their accounting error they are not allowed
     to bore you guys with Halloween jokes.  So I'll just say
     happy Halloween!

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea hovers slightly below and behind Thig as he asks the
          group to take her in place of him. She is dressed in clothes
          that bring out the greater beauty in her face, though at the
          same time seem to hide any other possible qualities about her.

          "Thank you so much for considering me to come with you. I have
          not known much kindness in a long time. It seems most people
          only want to use my beauty to get what they want and they don't
          care about what I have wanted. And because I had to escape my
          last captors/owners, they may just be looking for me right
          now. I just need ...."

          Fremea hides her head in her arms with while some sobs come
          out and then seems to catch her breath and composure again.

          "I just need to find my parents. I was taken from them a long
          time ago and was told they were dead, though I know that to
          be a lie. I am not sure where they might be now, I just hope
          they are ok and still looking for me." Another round of sobs
          hit her as she turns away from the group.

          From behind her arm and her back still to the group. "I really
          hope that I can come with you! I so desperately want to find
          them."
        GM: Ack.  I've added your entry to the roster.  If you want
            a Type listed let me know what.

         [Decalis 20th, 111th day since left Marentia, 47th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest - Sacred Forest]

          [Morning - at the early breakfast mini-festival.]

          [Fremea hovers slightly below and behind Thig as he asks the
           group to take her in place of him. She is dressed in clothes
           that bring out the greater beauty in her face, though at the
           same time seem to hide any other possible qualities about her.]

          Fremea: "Thank you so much for considering me to come with you.
            I have not known much kindness in a long time. It seems most
            people only want to use my beauty to get what they want and
            they don't care about what I have wanted. And because I had
            to escape my last captors/owners, they may just be looking for
            me right now. I just need ...."

          [Fremea hides her head in her arms with while some sobs come out
           and then seems to catch her breath and composure again.]

          Fremea: "I just need to find my parents. I was taken from them
            a long time ago and was told they were dead, though I know
            that to be a lie. I am not sure where they might be now, I
            just hope they are ok and still looking for me." [Another
            round of sobs hit her as she turns away from the group.
            From behind her arm and her back still to the group. "I
            really hope that I can come with you! I so desperately want
            to find them."

          [Arawn studies the Faerry.  Just when he gets to know this
           Thig person he leaves and she joins.  Why couldn't it
           be an Elf?  He shrugs inwardly knowing its still a sidh.
           Her features are striking and he can't help but staring
           at her for several seconds.  He wonders if she uses
           that beauty for what Faerries to mischievous reasons?]

          [Ben'dar listens to the Faerry but doesn't understand
           the words.  He waits for Thig to translate for those
           who don't understand Faerry Sidh. But he is still
           distracted wondering where Pasha has gone.  As he
           watches Fremea her face reminds him of young girls back
           at the village on the plains.  Very cute but can be
           hard to deal with since many thought themselves superior.
           Ben'dar munches on some bread and butter as he listens
           to the words and smiles.  He wonders what this new
           Faerry will bring to the party.  Also he is glad
           that he is no longer the junior member to join the
           party.  Newcomers like Arawn and now Fremea always
           take eyes off him.]

          [Chion glances at the face but then notices her body
           movements.  He understands some of the words but
           not all.  But there is something odd about her.  From
           his experienced mind he surmises she is skilled in
           more than just crying with those arms and hands.
           Smooth motion could denote anything from entertainer
           to something more deadly.]

          [Farseeker nods and then speaks up.]
          Farseeker: "You are fine to join us.  You might even
            be a better replacement for Thig!" [He grins at
            Thig who nods and grins back.  They've been through
            a lot over the years so Thig knows its in jest
            though most know he doesn't tolerate teasing except
            from close friends.  He turns back to Fremea and
            more serious face forms.] "You were once a slave?
            We have dealt with slaves before and cruel masters
            in a foreign land.  I'm glad you were able to
            escape with your life."

          [Thig finishes translating to Fremea Farseeker's words
           then waves a hand at the party.  In Faerry sidh he
           tells her.]

          Thig: "Most speak a common tongue of Marentia.  But
            some know the Sidh languages so you could talk
            to some of them that way."

          Trembyl: "Where we are going there is another of your
            kind that might be able to find records on your
            parents.  His name is Kaylle.  Where we are going
            tends to have few of your kind so they tend to
            stick out and easy to find."

          [Unali smiles inwardly at the news of another female
           joining the party.  Now 3 females makes up a good
           representation of society.]

          Xian: "We are heading to Marentia.  Have you been there
            before?  We also tend to travel abroad at times.
            We are here to help Strie'bog and have completed
            our task.  In a few months we may be leaving again
            to another land.  But for the time being your happy
            to join us in Marentia.  Being a stranger in that
            land can be hard.  So new friends can help."

          [As Z'leyra listens she suddenly realizes why Arawn
           must not have wanted her to heal him.  Most humans
           don't know how to heal non humans well.  Now with
           this faerry joining the party it becomes clear.  Two
           folks she might not be able to heal well.]

          [Fremea sits down with the party and joins in the
           mini-feast.  She studies each person intently and
           tries to learn their names.  Xian makes full
           introductions for her on everyone.]

          [Soon the breakfast nears an end Vassily explains
           a few details the party have had questions about.]

          Vassily: "Druids believe in nature stronger than
            maybe even Shamans do." [He nods with no intent
            to insult toward Z'leyra.] "Shamans tend to be
            animal oriented but Druids are all nature.  They
            believe there are spirits in everything from
            cocks, trees, deer's and everything else.  This
            is why we act with such forethought.  I am a low
            ranking Druid in the order.  So I don't know all
            the secrets or rituals.  But I hope to be your
            guide this next few days in things.  We Druids
            do rituals and ceremonies to pacify the gods.
            Just like Priests or Bards might do.  While
            Priests tend to live in cities Druids tend to
            be in places like this. You may have even hear
            Priests say Druids perform human sacrifice in
            rituals.  Some may but not here.  Not that I
            have personally dealt with or know of.  Here they
            respect life and wouldn't even do an animal
            sacrifice unless things got desperate and an
            offering is needed to the gods to pacify them.
            The first of many rituals will take place this
            evening.  I will explain some more then."

          [The party continues to eat and chat for some time.
           Soon the group breaks up and goes their separate
           ways to nap or explore.]

          [Arawn spends time outside the Sacred Forest in the
           greater forest alone exploring the area and looking
           for natural magical items but in the 2 hours in
           the area finds nothing.]

          [Later Arawn finds Vassily and asks him to look up the Vassa
           man who encountered the party in the forest days ago and who
           took the injured bird back to their village.]

          Vassily: "That will take time.  Did they give you their name?
            There are a few thousand Vassa and looking for that particular
            person might be difficult.  If there is a message to relay I
            can try that?"

          [Soon after Arawn sees Miklav passing the area with Stok.
           Arawn approaches and asks about the Druid who gave the
           party a divination to the fate of Bohusara even though
           he didn't know it involved Bohusara.  Miklav had kept
           some of the details unknown.  Miklav quickly answers.]

          Miklav: "He is to the north in a solstice ceremony in
            a village of 200.  Duties and the like.  If you
            are confused on his reaction then he likely only
            saw part of the future.  The future is ever changing
            and so what he may or may not have seen may not
            occur now or later.  I don't know if he'll be around
            for some time.  Did you need to talk to him personally?
            Most Druids go to seclusion for the Winter after
            the Solstice celebration and become quiet observers and
            protectors."

          GM: Event occurred in update #42 - 4 days ago.

          [That afternoon Z'leyra spends a few hours as an Eagle
           flying around the forest exploring on their own.
           Both spend time alone and watching the other animals
           and occasionally other people.  Talk of Tef'wo's
           collar lately has made her curious of Corona's own
           strange jeweled collar.  Why such an animal would have
           one.  Corona only replies that it is a keepsake of
           sorts and does not answer further.]

          [Farseeker and Ben'dar walk through the village.
           Both see Seth and Pasha with some other older
           adults.]

          Farseeker: "There she is.  Enjoy yourself."

          [Ben'dar grins and straightens his trophies and
           clothing.  He sees Seth and nudges him. Farseeker
           knows what he means.]

          Farseeker: "I'm no lover.  I'm a fighter.  Seth
            didn't seem to pay much attention to me.  I think
            I'll go take a nap.  Maybe talk to her later."

          [With that both separate.  Farseeker heading for
           a hutt and Ben'dar toward Pasha.]

          [As evening draws near late that afternoon.  Arawn
           returns from the Faerry hill.  Spending about
           2 hours with the True Sidh there.  His audience there
           was nothing but akin to a King's audience.  Each
           sidh was held spell bound by stories of his father
           their King in the divine world.  He spends great
           deal of time with the sidh preaching of their beliefs
           and his own Druidic beliefs.  All of the True Sidh
           pay full attention in awe and none argue or say
           a word other than good-byes at the end. ]

          [Later Arawn finds a group of Druids.  He tries to
           find out where the Arch Druid might be but the
           others only say he will not be seen for another day
           likely.  Too busy with ritual preparation.  The
           group of 3 Druids all of Druid rank in the order
           unlike him who is just an Acolyte talk for some time.
           Normally asking questions of higher ranking druids
           might be unheard of.  But being Alfar the Druids
           seem to ignore this mistake in protocol.  They listen
           to his questions and comment.]

          [Arawn asks about the events around his prayer.  Namely
           the strange Albino like Elf seen as a vision or as
           a real person. All of the Druids quickly reply and
           surprise Arawn.]

          Druid: "Surely you know how your father appears to
            others don't you?  As an albino elf at times.
            This is according to all the legends as one of his
            frequent forms.  But to show up here? That
            would be incredible if true."

          [Another Druid comments.]

          Druid: "There is a myth I've heard that says seeing the
            Albino Elf is an omen to one's own future.  It
            bodes to darkness and strife.  Maybe Vul'heim might
            know more of this."

          [Arawn listens and just now realizes that he never asked
           if his father visited this plane and if so what he
           might look like.  Could it have been him actually
           or this myth vision?  Arawn will hours later after
           the ceremony talk to Vul'heim and she will confirm the
           myth.  But is sad to report that she is far from her
           home where the myth started so may not know all the
           details.  Something in the future to maybe look into
           if he gets to Avalon.]

          [Still with the Druids he asks them about the method of
           him getting to the forest and his loss of memory.]

          Druid: "Sounds like you were sent through a portal to our
            world from yours.  I'm sure your parents have enemies
            and other gods who would want you take out of the
            Court for them.  Maybe your friend made the portal or
            pushed you through to save you?  These are just things
            we can only speculate on.  Maybe one day you will
            find the truth."

          [Little else is commented on by them other than they
           are glad to have Arawn here among them and its a great honor.]

                                ----------

          [Since Arawn knows he can't mention much about the
           events with Bohusara he asks Miklav about the
           Product mentioned in the letter after Strie'bog
           had given him a full report of the events of the
           last few days.]

          Miklav: "My guess is likely as yours.  These weapons
            and Orbs must be part of that product.  We may
            not deal with coins here but we have products to trade."

          [Bohusara finds Arawn and Miklav together and Arawn
           finds the time to explain the vision he had when he
           put on the snake hood and the strange world he saw.
           He can't ask the other Druids about it as it would
           draw attention on the previous events.]

          Miklav: "You are the expert here on other worlds.
            If you have not seen such places in your home plane
            than I do not know what it could mean."

          Bohusara: "Its too vivid of a vision not to be real.
            I suspect its a real place.  Maybe another plane
            separate from the True World.  There was once
            a great Rune Master who visited from the west.
            He said his fellow Dwarves would uncover portals
            in the mountains and find strange areas but were
            usually too leery of entering to explore further.
            They tended to destroy the portals. "

          Miklav: "I've heard the Upper Plane holds many strange
            lands and things.  Maybe there is areas you've not
            been to that have these strange things?"

          [Arawn listens and knows all of this or none of it
           could be true.  Visions or real?  More things to
           think about in the next few months.]

                                --------------

          [Near sunset the first rituals begin.  The party and
           many Vassa watch the Druids.  They make several long
           winded speeches and then one Druid brings a long
           wooden pole about 8 feet tall to the center of the
           ground the show is.  Then two females begin to dance
           around it and hold ribbons in their hands back and
           forth and move over their bodies.  The Females are
           young and wearing tight white dresses and the red ribbons
           show up as blood stripes of sorts.  As the Druids chant
           the 2 females begin dancing around the pole swirling
           the ribbon from top down in a dizzying fast dance near
           the campfire.]

          [Vassily explains for those who don't seem to understand.]

          Vasilly: "The pole is a symbol of the world tree of life.
            The ribbons represent the turning of the world and
            its seasons.  It also represents the turning wheel
            of the universe itself.  How life changes constantly."

          [After the dance the females collapse and the Druids end
           their chant.  The ritual ends and some entertainment
           by Strie'bog, Bards and Z'leyra ensues into the wee
           hours of the night.]

                        ---------------------------

         [Decalis 21st, 112th day since left Marentia, 48th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest - Sacred Forest]

          [Sunrise in the Sacred forest finds it not badly
           cold.  It seems Miklav can affect weather.  In the
           greater forest it is in the 40s and even some snow
           is reported a few miles away.  But here in the
           Sacred forest it seems to stay in the 60s.  The
           day of the Solstice the shortest day of the year
           begins with a great feast that all Bards, Druids,
           Vassa and Adventurers attend.  Some 300-350 people
           in all mass in one large clearing.  It seems out
           of season fruits and salads are served which surprises
           some for this time of the year.  Meats and drinks are
           then served with assorted other foods.  The party wonders
           how they can celebrate this fully when winter must be
           harsh for food stores.  Maybe the Vassa, skilled hunters,
           have saved up their game for some time?]

          [Arawn finds Vasilly to ask if he could help out in the
           Celebrations himself.  Vasilly fidgets a bit and
           Arawn soon recognizes that look.  The look that says
           Alfar are respected.  What can one say to a son of a god?
           No?  Yet with that respect he Vassily knows from his
           robes Arawn wears he is only an acolyte.  Clearly
           Vasilly is torn between protocol for Alfar's and that
           of Acolyte rank.  With some hesitation he replies.]

          Vassily: "I will see what I can do sir.  But most
            rituals are performed by those of Druid Rank.  You
            and I are acolytes.  As you know that means many
            years of drudgery and tasks to get to the higher
            ranks to be able to do those tasks.  But I will
            ask and see what can be done."

          [Arawn leaves the large breakfast and again goes to
           explore the forest for natural magical items.  He
           spends another 2 hours that morning searching but
           finds nothing of value.]

          [Arawn returns to the Faerry Hill and for a second day
           continues his missionary work with the True Sidh.  All
           are convinced by his faith and clearly are eager to
           hear more tales of his father and mother.  Even some
           of the non True Sidh come to listen in.  He spends
           three hours with this morning.]

          [At the clearing Z'leyra entertains the audience
           by singing though in Marentian songs.  Most still
           seem to enjoy it.  Strie'bog also entertains and
           plays his musical instrument while singing a host
           of songs.]

          [Again later that afternoon Z'leyra flies above the
           forest with Corona.]

          [Ben'dar spends most of the day with Pasha.  She introduces
           him to friends.  Though he doesn't understand the language
           one bit he has fun.  He understands the girly giggles
           with her friends and hopes they aren't laughing at his
           necklace.  Both spend hours walking through the sacred
           forest.  Both talk though both can't understand each other
           its body language and non-verbal cues that carry the
           conversation.  She shows him plants and animals.  Mid
           afternoon she even shows him a unicorn in a clearing.
           The white unicorn detects them but doesn't bolt.  Ben'dar
           feels it to be a great omen to see such a beautiful horse
           behind Tef'wo of course.  He wonders if Tef'wo could
           take the horned creature.  Ben'dar smiles and Pasha
           kisses him.  Ben'dar and her then find the grass very
           wet but both seem to ignore it for the next few minutes..]

          [Chion notices Vali in the distance and goes to talk to
           her.  Both spend time together talking about all the
           rituals and how organized barbarians can be.  Both find
           it amusing barbarians can be organized like civilized folks.]

          [Farseeker spends time with Mertz and his other Elf
           Warriors drilling with the great sword.  Mertz enjoys
           the new combat techniques and tries to memorize the
           moves and stances.]

          [Fremea and Thig fly in the forest.  Thig gives a
           brief overview of how each person acts and past
           adventures in the plains and Marentia.  But he does
           not cover Clima or the rescue of Bohusara.]

          [Strie'bog and mother spend hours that day alone as a family.]

          [Trembyl spends time talking to Stok and finds Stok to
           be interesting.  Knowing 12 languages it seems he
           has a strange ability to listen to a language and learn
           and speak it within hours without spells or magical toys.]

          [Unali takes in the whole culture of the Vassa and Druids.
           She has never seen anything like it.  To be around this
           many sidh and Druids is impossible in Katai.  While
           those in Katai live in great cluttered cities they
           abuse the land if they can.  But here she sees the
           people live in peace with the land.]

          [Xian spends time with the children of the Vassa. He
           through spells tells stories of heroes and great
           deeds by many.  The children listen for upwards of
           2 hours in awe.]

          [Z'leyra mingles and watches the crowds.]

                        ----------------

          [Later that afternoon Vasilly finds Arawn.]

          Vassily: "You are permitted to help with one
            ritual tonight.  But that is all I could get
            from them.  This is the Arch Druid's night and
            the Faerry Hill will all attend.  You are free
            to perform any other ceremony you wish with
            others.  But they request no distraction from
            the normal routine of the Celebration."

          [At the clearing another large campfire is made with
           several smaller ones along the perimeter.  About 100
           of the people are here now.  Others having gone to
           villages for their own ceremony.   At the instant the
           sun sets a hush comes over the clearing as if on cue.
           Suddenly Vassa all around douse out the fires.
           Confused Vasilly explains quietly to the party.]

          Vasilly: "This is the Sacred Fire ritual.  All around
            at this very instant in the entire forest thousands
            of hearths and fires are taken out.  It represents
            the end of the season of Winter to come and how the
            circle of life ends.  At this very instant the
            entire forest is dark.  The hours to come will be
            a great event.  Watch."

          [In the dim twilight a gray robed Druid with more
           coloring and obviously high rank walks to the center
           of the clearing with a large plain wooden bowl about
           3 feet wide.  He begins to chant and others all
           around chant as well.  At the end he speaks the
           ritual words.  Vasilly translates quietly for the
           party.]

          Vasilly: "I am bowing my head
                     In the eye of the Mother who gave me birth,
                     In the eye of the Maiden who loves me,
                     In the eye of the Crone who guides me in wisdom,
                     In friendship and affection.
                     Through thy gift of nature, O Goddess,
                     Bestow upon us fullness in our need.

                     Love towards the Lady,
                     The affection of the Lady,
                     The laughter of the Lady,
                     The wisdom of the Lady,
                     The passion of the Lady,
                     The blessing of the Lady,
                     And the magic of the Lady
                     To do in the world of the gods.

                     As the Ageless Ones do in ever lasting

                     Each shade and light,
                     Each day and night,
                     Each moment in kindness,
                     Grant us Thy Sight."

          [With that the Arch Druid waves a hand and the bowl ignites
           in a hot burning flame.  Soon other druids come around
           some 40 of them and take torches to the bowl.  All ignite
           the torches and go to the nearby now dark campfires and
           re-lights them.  Soon all of the Druids disappear into the
           darkness.]

          Vasilly: "Each of them will go into the forest and to
            each village and light the fires.  It represents the
            good will and blessing of the gods.  With horses and
            magic it will take two full days to light all the fires
            back.  Till then no Vassa will light their own fire
            until the Flame from the Arch Druid is sent to them.
            The bowl will remain lit by a bark found in the forest
            that lasts up to 4 weeks burning slowly.  It represents
            the eternal love of the gods.  Arawn you are granted
            the honor of lighting the fires in the Faerry Hill
            castle.  Vul'heim and Mertz usually helps but they
            have agreed to let you do so.  Return after you do this
            and you can help with other minor rituals."

          [As the night goes on more rituals and chants from
           everything from dances, songs, stories and religious
           preaching goes on until 3 or 4 am the next morning.]

                        ---------------------------

         [Decalis 22snd 113th day since left Marentia, 49th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest - Sacred Forest]

          [At sunrise the Arch Druid tired goes to a hutt to
           rest till the evening's duties.  Ben'dar is not
           seen that morning likely out drunk with Pasha
           in some forest area.]

          [Arawn again looks for natural magical items in the forest
           but the 2 hours spent finds nothing aside from common
           forest herbs and plants.  This time of year he guesses
           there might not be much around here.]

          [Arawn spends the mid morning time with the True sidh
           again doing more talks with them as if he is the King
           of this small band and they are his servants.  Which
           in some way is the case.]

          [Arawn later finds Miklav and asks him if he notices
           anything unusual of Bohusara.  The last 3 days she
           has been helpful and kind.  Miklav explains in a
           stony stare.]

          Miklav: "I doubt the witches could curse her.  She seems
            normal to me.  If anyone would know any difference
            it would be Strie'bog.  He hasn't mentioned anything
            to me.  The forest hasn't either.  We could all be
            wrong but unlikely all could be wrong could we?"

          [Not much of an answer to Arawn but he nods and feels
           that's all he'll get from the question.]

          [The last 3 days Arawn has spent in the Faerry Castle
           he has finally had several audiences with Vul'heim.
           She has treated him kindly and respectful of his
           station and who he is.  But as the days continue he
           figures out why she has been so aloof at the start.
           Rumors tell of Vul'heim and Thig going deep in the
           castle in seclusion.  Mertz even comments the queen
           seems more happy than usual and it doesn't take
           a scholar to notice that both seem to have intrigued
           each other in some way.  Maybe in deeper ways as well?]

          [At evening Strie'bog introduces the party to Viktor.
           He was the one to instruct him on his Bardic skills
           as a musician and dancer.  In fact later that evening
           Viktor performs some of his entertainment to the
           people at large.]

          [At sunset the clearing is full again for a final
           large festival feast.  The Arch Druid again gains
           the attention of everyone as he performs the last
           ceremonial ritual of the Solstice period.  He
           places a single candle on a metal plate on the
           ground below him and begins to chant and dance.]

          Vasilly: "This is the Four Elements Ritual.
            The elements abound and surround us.  Each support
            us in life." [As the Arch Druid chants out of
            no where cold rain seems to fall from no where
            in a 5 foot area around the Druid.  It puts out
            the candle.] "Fire is countered by water.  Yet
            water can be countered by air." [The rain stops
            and suddenly a large wind blows his robes back
            and forth.  The candle relights somehow from the
            air as if kindling being blown on to create a
            campfire.] "But all returns to mother earth and
            recycles itself." [Suddenly around the druid the
            ground begins to vibrate.  The candle shakes while
            the Druid remains still.  The candle rolls into
            a small hole in the ground and seems to be swallowed
            by the ground itself.  The Arch Druid stops and
            all goes quiet again.  With hands raised he
            ends the ritual with a prayer to the gods.] "He
            prays to the gods for a blessing for a good spring."

          [The party watch in amazement and wonder how the magic
           was done to perform such feats or was it just an illusion?
           Trembyl the Elementalist seems to think it real but to
           yield such precise power one must be strong.]

          Xian: "Amazing."

          Vasilly: "Yes.  Only the Arch Druid knows the true
            method to cause such things.  Maybe one day in a few
            decades I might be able to do it." [He sighs as
            he watched the elderly Arch Druid walk away to dry
            his robes or to seem to.]

          [That night the celebration gets more boisterous as the
           Vassa party hard with drinking, music, songs, dance and
           mock wrestling and combat.  The party wages on till
           sunrise the next day...]

     GM: With that this Adventure is officially over.  I could not
         go into greater detail as it would take hours more and
         I'm running out of time tonight.  I had to perform all
         the actions from Arawn's email and that took a lot of
         time and hopefully did them as he wanted. :)

          GM: Skill Point Table [Next 5 days till end of Adventure]
              [Decalis 18-22] [Deadline 11/1/07]

                 Player      Skill          Points Earned   Recorded Now
              Strie'bog      Marentian          10              Yes
              Unali          Forest Survival     6              Yes
                             Horsemanship        4              Yes

              GM: Will go with above if no response by 11/1.

     GM: I will assume no magic is cast aside from Z'leyra's Watchful
         Sleep each night.  The Claw spells will be done after the
         adventure as I'm told via ICQ.  So that'll be Decalis 23rd
         likely or during the in between time.  If any other magic
         is to be cast let me know by 11/1.  That's the deadline
         This is magic for decalis 20-22.

     GM: Decalis 23 and 24 will be travel days.  The morning of
         the 23rd is when the Teleport/Transmutation spells
         take place.  These days will need to be taken up by
         selling treasure.  Getting back to homes and busy dong
         stuff.  So NO actions will be logged for these days
         in terms of the in between time.

     GM: Schedule of events

         10/31 - Will post to the list a new player introduction
                 email and the In between time with some more
                 explanations.  After that you guys can work on
                 the details but first we have to resolve other
                 things.

         11/2  - New website will be up.  Any adventure #2 stuff
                 will be archived.  So you have till friday to
                 view old stuff if you want.  Advenure #3 will
                 be still good to be seen via a link on the
                 new website.  I'll give new links and
                 things at that time. I will then post update
                 #1 for the new adventure which covers the
                 in between time.  Likely this period will take
                 weeks or months depending on what is done for
                 the 10 players.

         Weeks to come - Will work on each in between plan of
            action by first come first serve.  Once done I
            will then post it to the list as a public thing
            aside from secret details/actions.  This is as if
            you were around a table and discussing events or
            sharing things in the local bar among friends.

     GM: I will assume all wish to play in Adventure #4 unless
         you state otherwise.

     GM: Fremea - Tobie - Be advised since you came in late you
         will not earn any of the party treasure share.  Hope
         this is ok.

     GM: What I need from you guys:

         1. Any spells/actions if you want (optional) for Decalis
            20-22 (solstice days).
         2. Spells I assume for Decalis 23-24 (really 23rd)
            Teleport, Transmutations, Claw Investigation (unless
            Arawn puts it in his in between time 25+).
            Any other spells?  If not vital then best to do it
            in your designated in between time.
         3. Deadline for any final actions to Decalis 22 is 11/1.
            After that I will email each of you your Characteristic
            Points earned.  You will then need to tell me where
            to spend it and I will tweak sheets and then
            send copy to you.  Then you can write up your in
            between time in the following weeks.

     GM: Hope you guys enjoyed this adventure!  Now I just have
         to come up with details for #4...hrmmm...Army of
         Dragons kill the party? Nah.  Too easy....