[pnpgm] Game update #80 - File #318 - Rituals are performed

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Oct 2 09:13:14 CEST 2007

#
  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #80 in sequence (file #318)

     Admin notes: None.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra will hand over the Hyacinthus stone but will sign
          that she had not yet enhanced the stone. She will also bring
          out her enhanced amber and sign that it can be used to help
          locate where creatures using poison or disease are, as it
          indicates their presence by being cloudy if such creatures
          are within 200'.

          Z'leyra will sign asking if anyone has Vervain, another
          natural magical herb that could be of assistance in this case.

          Z'leyra will plan on spending the night at the lakeside...
          checking if the lake is clear in the morning.

          I abstain about when the next adventure is. If delayed Z'leyra
          plans to cast LOTS of spells during the break.
        GM: Ack.  The Hyachinthus IS enhanced.

                        --------------------------

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar grunts his ambivalence toward talk of magic to cure
          the lake, but he is closer to nature than many might think.
          After all, he grew up in the wilderness of the Z'enda plains.
          He would like to see this lake and this forest be healed again.
          "How can I help?" he asks the Green Lady when there is a quiet
          moment.

          Ben'Dar strips off Tef'wo's tattered leather armor and tosses
          it aside to allow the big horse freedom to graze and cool down
          from all the riding and fighting.  He gives the horse clean
          water from his waterskin to drink.  Later that evening, he
          spends several hours brushing down Tef'wo and grooming its
          hooves, mane and tail.  (He braids feathers into the mane and
          tale, and he snaps off several long, sharp peices of one of the
          warrior's crab armor to add to his trophy necklace and several
          more to braid into Tef'wo's mane.)

          When Arawn is revived, Ben'Dar grins at him.  "Good to see you
          are ok, Arawn.  You gave me a suprise back there."  He chuckles,
          "Had I known you wanted to be eaten by snakes, I could have
          chopped you up into little peices first to make their meal
          easier!"

          Later that evening, Ben'Dar pulls out the shiny scimitar he
          picked up awhile ago.  He hasn't had much chance to use one
          of these, having always preferred the longer reach of a spear.
          He swings it experimentally, clumsily.  To Farseeker, he says,
          "Hey, show me how to use this thing?"

          OOC:  Ben'Dar will begin training with the scimitar during his
          free time.

          During the evening, Ben'Dar sits around the fire with the
          others.  "So we will be returning to Marentia soon, now that
          this threat has been dealt with?" he asks, glancing around at
          his companions.  "We have unfinished business there," he grimly
          reminds them with a glance to Z'leyra, remembering how she was
          attacked and thwarted from setting up her healing school.

          OOC:  Ben'Dar votes to return to Marentia for the winter.  He
          wants to check on his ranch and spend some time working with
          his horses.

          Oops, change that to "...He swings it experimentally, clumsily.
          To Trembyl, he says, "Hey, show me how to use this thing?..."
        GM: Ack.  Just remind me on the training later on.  I'll handle
            that in the near future.

                        --------------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          As purifying magics coursed through him sensation once again
          returned to Arawn's body including, unfortunately, the pain
          of the multitude of snake bites covering his face and neck.
          As he wearily pulled himself up he heard a chuckle off to his
          side and turned to find  Ben'dar grinning at him.

          "Good to see you are ok, Arawn.  You gave me a suprise back
          there."  He chuckles, "Had I known you wanted to be eaten by
          snakes, I could have chopped you up into little peices first
          to make their meal easier!"

          Smiling back at the horseman Arawn laughed,
          "Yeah, sure,  you do that, and we can make elf jerkey with
          what's left over. Mmmm, yummy."

          Shaking his head he continued to smile and added,
          "Thanks for your help. Too bad about the snake crown though,
          the snakes seemed innocent enough and there could have been
          more to learn but I understand why you did what you did."

          Reaching for his waterskin he propped himself up against a tree.
          The poison had been neutralized but his body was still
          recovering and he knew enough to allow it the chance to do so
          while there was a moment of quiet. Taking a swig he went over
          the vision he received, sharing it with the others. It was an
          odd vision and it could prove to have some useful insights but
          right now it was still a mystery and now wasn't the time to go
          over the vision as the lake needed to be dealt with first.
          Deciding to bring the images up again later he thought about
          the crown and the poor snakes attached to it. The loss of the
          serpent crown was an unfortunate thing but he felt there would
          be other, similiar, opportunites soon enough. Closing his eyes
          he said a prayer for the spirits of the dead snakes. Others
          might worry that they could be corrupted spawn of Kototh but
          Arawn felt otherwise and hoped that they would find peace
          before once again returning to the world.

          Opening his eyes he saw Z'leyra standing in front of him,
          ointment in hand. Smiling he waved away her offer and pulled
          out a carefully wrapped bundle. Upon being unwrapped it turned
          out to hold various herbs, ointments and bandages. Taking out
          one of the containers Arawn began to tend to himself and
          listened as plans were formed to purify the lake. As he
          finished up he caught sight of Bohusara making her  way
          towards him.

          "Arawn if your still in contact with your parents can you pray
          to them to give us a blessing and help?"

          A distant look came into Arawn's eyes and he gazed off into
          the distance. A strange shadow once again passed over his face
          and he sighed.

          "There is much I could say about that but now is not the time."
          He looked up and added, "I will do what I can and pray for their
          assistance in this endeavor."

          Getting up rather unsteadily he began to gather his things while
          continuing to listen to Bohusara's ideas and after all his gear
          had been looked over piped in.

          "You mentioned that legend spoke of a nymph that once dwelt
          within the lake. If this is true perhaps her spirit still
          lingers here. It may be worthwhile to commune with the waters
          of the lake or, at the very least, attempt call forth a spirit
          of the lake, an undine or nixie perhaps. The water or the
          spirit may have insight to guide us. Also you mentioned a deep
          spring feeding this lake. Perhaps we could start by examining
          the spring. The corruption could be centered around there and
          we may be able to end this by destroying it at the source. Even
          if the spring is still clean we may be able to center the
          purification there. With the waters shooting forth from there
          and filling the lake we can possibly speed up recovery by
          focusing the magics where the water begins to fill the lake.
          Perhaps, if we use the stones such as the hyacinthus, we could
          place it at the springs location to facilitate pushing the cure
          outwards, into the surrounding water."

          As the final preparations were made Arawn secluded himself from
          the group and made his way to an area between wood and water. He
          was wise enough to stay within ear and eyeshot of the others
          however, just in case there proved to be trouble. Stripping off
          his stained gear he cleansed himself with some of the water
          left in his waterskin and then put on clean cloth over which
          he placed the grey and red robes of a druid.

          He moved to the shore and knelt in the dirt, between the
          mystical border of land and water. His arrival in this place
          had been sudden and unforseen and he wondered if his parents
          could sense him still for he felt disconnected at times. Still,
          there were the occasional feelings that had crept over him,
          even during the bonding with the crown. He wondered if here,
          so close to a sacred forest, he may be able to reach out and
          gain hold of the attention of his mother and father, however
          tenuously. There were ties between the Sidh and Court of Life
          and his father held some special alliance with forces such as
          Cernunnos as well. Perhaps this would help initiate communion
          in the great Vassa woods. Centering himself he began to pray.
        GM: Ack.

                        --------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra pauses for a moment and tries to remember if she had
          enhanced the Hyacinthus or not. Maybe she did. She had planned
          to. She had spent some time enhancing some of her things...with
          all that has happened she has forgotten if the Hyacinthus was
          one of them. She signs asking for Thig or someone else with
          Mana Sensing to look at the Hyacinthus to see if she had
          enhanced it.

          In any case Z'leyra will donate the Hyacinthus to the cause
          if needed.

         [Decalis 16th, 107th day since left Marentia, 42nd day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest - Lake Oca/Deep Forest]
          [Weather -  Overcast, 56 Degrees]

          [Time    -  5:22pm - Minutes ago]

          [After Bohusara cures Arawn and Chion it takes a few minutes
           for both to recover fully.  At that point Ben'dar approaches
           Arawn with a grin on his face.]

          Ben'dar: "Good to see you are ok, Arawn.  You gave me a surprise
            back there."  [He chuckles,] "Had I known you wanted to be
            eaten by snakes, I could have chopped you up into little
            pieces first to make their meal easier!"

          [Arawn rubs his face and feels blood and the bite marks.
           He wonders if he'll have scars.  He'll have to regenerate
           his face before too long.  Looking back at Ben'dar
           and smiling, Arawn laughs.]

          Arawn: "Yeah, sure,  you do that, and we can make elf jerkey
            with what's left over. Mmmm, yummy."

          [Arawn shakes his head and continues to smile as he
           checks his neck wounds.  One deep mark and ripped
           skin concerns him but it doesn't seem to bleed.  He seems
           to recall snake venom sometimes clots blood.]

          Arawn: "Thanks for your help. Too bad about the snake crown
            though, the snakes seemed innocent enough and there could
            have been more to learn but I understand why you did what
            you did."

          Farseeker: "Innocent?  Are dogs trained to kill innocent?
            They may have once been innocent but now are in service
            to evil."

          [Arawn hears Farseeker but  knows he never saw what he
           did in the Bonding.  He could explain what he saw but
           not truly understand it.  It may take weeks to understand
           the images seen in the link with the snakes.  He still
           is unsure who was in control.  Was it him or the snakes
           or even the hood.  He just hopes he doesn't wake up in
           the morning possessed by a snake spirit and want to
           go chasing rats to eat.]

                           ----------------------

          [Time    -  6:18pm - 20-25 minutes to sunset]

          [As Ben'dar listens to all the talk on magic he feels
           like an outsider.  Yet growing up in and around nature
           unlike all these city slickers he has a keen interest
           in nature and hopes to help the forest as best he can try.
           He looks to the now darkening lake and knows the plains
           may have puddles, wells and maybe even an occasional pond
           the size of few hundred feet on the plains but nothing
           this big.  Until he went to Marentia and Maren city he
           has never seen such massive amounts of water and clearly
           out of his environment.]

          Ben'dar: "How can I help?"

          Bohusara: "I don't know all the abilities of you or your
            friends.  But you are clearly here far from home and
            willing to help out a stranger.  For that I am grateful.
            While Strie'bog and myself perform the Ceremony we may
            not be able to concentrate on the animals around the
            lake.  Unless you have some way to control animals
            I don't know of much you can do.  You could make sure
            larger animals that you see don't come close tot he
            lake.  I can warn them only so much.  I rather them
            not drink the water until we can ensure its safe."

          [Thig hears her speak and some flashes of memory go
           through his brain.  He turns to listen to Bohusara
           finish her words then turns to face the dead creatures
           piled out being slowly buried by the Vassa hunters.]

          [Z'leyra signs and gestures her suggestion to help
           Arawn and his wounds but he waves her off.  He pulls out
           his own medical supplies and begins to work on himself
           leaning against a dark tree.  Applying herbs and ointments
           he ensures the venom is wiped clean from his face and
           washed along with his neck.  As he does this he tries
           to further make sense of the images.  Z'leyra returns
           to her things curious as to someone who heals themselves
           must be far more skilled than herself.  But this Elf
           is new to the party and may not be aware of her healing
           skill.  Her father warned her pride would likely be
           her undoing as a healer if she can't allow others to
           deal with their own problems.]

          [As the party discuss plans, Bohusara asks Arawn of
           her request.]

         Bohusara: "Arawn if your still in contact with your parents
           can you pray to them to give us a blessing and help?"

         [A distant look came into Arawn's eyes and he gazed off into
          the distance. A strange shadow once again passed over his face
          and he sighs. He wonders why she would ask something of
          him like this?  She is clearly more powerful than any of these
          other folks in the camp and likely one step below that of
          being a god herself.  If she would need help in such
          situations is this how life in the Middle World will be?
          Around the court of his parents he knows solutions would
          be done fast with god-speed.  Here things move slow and
          more harder.  He wonders if he is here just to learn that
          lesson and bring it back to his homeland?]

         Arawn: "There is much I could say about that but now is not the
           time." [He looked up and added,] "I will do what I can and
           pray for their assistance in this endeavor."

         Bohusara: "I...we appreciate anything you can do.  A general
           blessing could mean the difference tonight.  Thank you."

         [With a flourish she bows and rambles back to the camp.
          Getting up rather unsteadily he began to gather his things
          while continuing to listen to Bohusara's ideas and after all
          his gear had been looked over pipes in.]

         Arawn: "You mentioned that legend spoke of a nymph that once
[...]

         Bohusara: "Hmmm." [She narrows her eyes in thought of the
           contacting spirits.  Which path does this Alfar truly
           wander on she wonders?] "There is.." [She stops and
           glances over her shoulders at the Vassa.  She then
           approaches Arawn to get inches from his face.  She knows
           if she speaks the odd magic that translates her words into
           the tongue of the person hearing it, like Miklav, would
           translate to the Vassa as well.  In a low whisper.] "The
           Vassa do not know this.  The Druids have tried to contact
           it to see if its truly still here.  They wanted to learn
           the truth of her death many decades ago." [She eyes the
           clothing of Arawn and tries to determine his Druid Rank.]
           "That would be a good suggestion but they could never
           contact her and so it would likely not work.  But a good
           idea." [She backs away and raises her voice.] "The spirit
           of the lake is powerful and would have contacted us already
           if she knew how to help."

         [Arawn glances at the Vassa over Bohusara's left shoulder and
          watches them listen intently.  So this Green Lady, so
          powerful in the eyes of the Vassa has secrets as well.  It
          would be wrong to crush legends and myths of the Vassa if
          it could hinder them in their daily life.  Arawn nods and
          waits for her to continue.]

         Bohusara: "Now the spring.  That is a good idea.  I was
           thinking of something similar myself.  I could adapt
           my method to your thinking.  It might just work."  [She
           pauses in thought.] "The well is deep and has many
           small caves that one could die just getting lost even
           with water magic.  It is a dangerous place.  But I
           can help in that area without us risking our lives."
           [She glances to the Vassa and asks them a question.]
           "Are the local wells fine?" [The Vassa nod Bohusara
           turns back to the others.] "The village nearby is
           only about three miles away and if their wells are
           okay the springs deep inside should be all right.  So
           this must be the source." [She thumbs at the general
           location of the lake.]

         [Since no one seems to have further suggestions on the
          lake Bohusara and Strie'bog talk quietly between themselves
          about the Ceremony to come.  Minutes later they both
          return to camp.]

         Bohusara: "The Ceremony may take an hour or more.  We will
           begin the first rituals.  As we work you may relax
           as there isn't much you can do at this point."

         [Z'leyra approaches Bohusara and signs through Chion's
          help an explanation of the Amber and Hyachinthus
          enhanced items.  Bohusara takes both items.]

         Bohusara: "These will be very useful.  Thank you."

         [Bohusara approaches the Vassa and talks quietly.
          AS she does Thig waves over Strie'bog and Arawn
          to the others desperately.]

         Thig: "I didn't want to mention this to Bohusara." [He
           looks at Strie'bog.] "I don't want to keep it from
           her but for her sake its best not to involve her
           on our old problems.  No offense intended." [He looks
           back at the others.] "Back at the graves on the plains
           where we got the Claw I was the only one that really
           inspected the grave.  Well these guys." [He points to
           the dead creatures still 4 left to bury.]  "Is the
           same type as that one in the grave.  That rod must have
           been one of their staffs and that armor is clearly what
           we saw now.  I almost forgot about it till a few minutes
           ago.  That would mean the Claw is one of their instruments."
           [He looks at Ben'dar.] "These things must be the same
           creatures that raided the Plains.  The stories and images
           that Strie'bog told us about." [He looks at Strie'bog
           for confirmation who has remained quiet.  Strie'bog
           nods.] "If these things are back the whole region could
           be in great danger.  The sooner we solve this problem
           and return to Marentia to prepare this winter the better
           we can get to Katai and investigate further."

         [Before anyone can say much more Bohusara returns and
          taps Strie'bog to come with her.  Both stride into
          the darkness to the east and prepare a area for their
          quiet ceremony.  Two of the Vassa leave the other
          2 to burial detail and head to the north-west with
          a torch around the lake.]

         [As Strie'bog and Bohusara find a spot 5 feet from the lake
          and about 300 feet east of the camp, they drop their gear.
          Bohusara prepares a spell to purify the ground as Strie'bog
          gets his bags and retrieves some items.]

         [Back at the camp others warm up by the fire and eat some
          quick ready made rations or foods.]

         Ben'dar: "So we will be returning to Marentia soon, now that
            this threat has been dealt with?" [he asks, glancing around
            at his companions.]  "We have unfinished business there," [he
            grimly reminds them with a glance to Z'leyra, remembering
            how she was attacked and thwarted from setting up her
            healing school.]

         Thig: "We still have the lake to cure.  The enemy may be
           stopped here but there is still the matter of what
           they have left behind.  Hopefully by morning we will
           have things resolved if all goes well.  If not who knows
           Z'leyra's amplified voice may seem like nothing if things
           backfire for us." [He grins.]

         [Ben'dar heads toward Tef'wo and begins to unwrap the barding.
          Only the front leg strips seem destroyed.  The bulk of the
          armor on his sides are in good shape.  He removes the
          armor and gives water to Tef'wo.  He brushes the horse and
          pats it in thanks for helping him earlier.  The horse senses
          the action and nudges his head up against Ben'dar.  Ben'dar
          then lets him graze.  Ben'dar finds one of the last few
          bodies and cuts the crab armor.  Two of its legs or arms
          about the length of a finger.  That effort alone took some
          doing and the dagger is dulled a bit by it.  Definitely
          the armor is tough to cut.  He then adds one of the strips
          to his necklace as a trophy and tries to tie one to the
          mane of Tef'wo.  But Tef'wo backs away and refused to take
          the item.  Confused Ben'dar tries again but Tef'wo refuses.
          Strange.  On the plains most horses are decorate with paint,
          brands, markings and feathers alike but this horse doesn't
          like them.  The only thing it seems to like is the strange
          jeweled necklace.  Ben'dar sighs but pats Tef'wo on the
          side and finishes brushing him off.  When done he grabs his
          gear and his scimitar.  He finds Trembyl.]

         Ben'dar: "Hey, show me how to use this thing?"

         Trembyl: "Sure.  These are light weapons and so only need
           a good balanced hand."

         Farseeker: "That little needle couldn't stand up against
           a heavy sword like this!" [He pats his sheath in fun.]

         Trembyl: "Here the thing is the grip must be..."

         [He shows Ben'dar how to swing and thrust the scimitar and
          then lets him use his lighter magical scimitar to also
          swing as the night continues on.]

         [Z'leyra is intrigued by Bohusara and her plans.  But she
          respects their privacy.  Since being in Marentia she has
          seen Priests work.  She knows Strie'bog is trained as
          a Bard but seems to have some Priesthood background.
          She suspects so does Bohusara.  She sighs and wishes
          she could talk but knows it may be hours and how can
          she test it without freaking the forest again?  She
          joins the others and puts her satchel away for a good
          night of listening and occasional hand signals.]

         [Xian watches the warriors practice their scimitar skills
          and watches four distinct groups form up in the camp.]

         Xian: "This is new to me.  Healing a whole lake seems
           bigger magic than I've been taught.  She must know
           what she is doing.  I've seen priests help crops and
           do rain for towns.  But this is bigger.  I wonder if
           Arawn will join us in Marentia?" [He looks to the
           side where Arawn is sitting at a tree in deep thought.]

          [As the entire discussion goes on about the lake Unali
           watches the camp and the surrounding areas.  As the
           sun sets she sees shadows fall and shift all around
           her.  Oddly enough not one shadow seems to disturb
           Bohusara as if she exudes peace, light, health and
            life itself.  Unali is awe struck by her power that
            seems to roll off her yet her humble nature that
            shows she isn't one to brag about it.  When Ben'dar
            plays with his Scimitar she joins in and shows some
            of her own tricks.]

           [Trembyl listens to bohusara and considers his help he
            could offer.  But finds aside from some Elemental help
            on the lake there isn't much he can offer.  He gladly
            spends the time to distract himself by helping Ben'dar
            with the scimitar.]

           [As two Vassa have left Farseeker offers to help the
            other 2 bury the dead creatures.  All this talk of
            magic seems to just make him useless so he finds other
            things to do to help out.  Aside from him attacking
            something in the lake there is little he can offer now.]

           [Chion's thoughts go to Cetric and wonders if the lake
            has already died if some sort of Resurrection spell
            could not be used to re-awake it?  He doesn't know
            all these natural magical items and their usefulness.
            Such things he only seeks out items he can use in
            his jobs.  He considers all the words spoken today
            and wonders where in Katai to begin to look.  Do these
            people realize Katai is a place of over one million
            people and cities so large and crowded it makes the
            city dungeons look like a paradise.  The party will
            have to learn some information in Marentia to start
            their quest to find the truth.  He is amused to have
            to translate the sign language from Z'leyra.  He
            wonders why he is the only one to know it.]

           [Arawn gets up from his tree and gathers his things.
            He heads north a bit along the tree line.  About
            30 feet north-west of the camp edge and about 20 feet
            from the lake.  The forest by now has gotten pitch
            black.  His sidh eyes help though and the flicker of
            the campfire can still be seen occasionally.  He places
            his gear down on the ground and begins to use water from
            his skin to clean his druid robes to wear in the next
            few minutes.]

          [Time    -  7:29pm]

          [Over an hour later the camp has gotten a bit quieter.  The
           two Vassa have returned and explained they went to
           fetch a small fishing platform about 5 foot by 5 foot
           for Bohusara and Strie'bog to use in the lake.  The
           party contused by this figures it to be part of the
           plan she has.]

          [Soon Bohusara returns alone with a tired look.]

          Bohusara: "The first rituals have begun and are completed.
            We will soon go onto the lake and perform the final
            magics.  Wish us luck."

          [She grabs a torch and lights it and returns back to
           Strie'bog further west.  Soon they re-appear and
           with torch in hand both step onto the small platform
           and are pushed out into the lake by the Vassa.  The
           party walk to the edge of the water with torches in
           hand.  Thig and Z'leyra see well in the darkness with
           their Sidh sight and magical items.  The others have
           to concentrate to see the two forms float into what
           may be the center of the lake some distance away.  By
           now it is pitch black.  Aside from the torch that
           Strie'bog is holding it is dark on the lake.  They
           are a good 1000 feet out into the lake to the north
           east.  Only flickers of the light and some form of
           their bodies are seen.  Unali draws her spyglass to
           get a better view.  No voices are heard at that
           distance.]

          [For the last 30 minutes Arawn has been deep in the forest
           trying to pray or at least concentrate to pray.  He
           has never had to pray.  It is such a human thing to do.
           Such a low thing to do.  Why would he pray in his homeland
           when he can just speak directly to them.  Is this how
           farmers pray for rain and the gambler prays for more coin
           so he can lose more?  Such a odd thing to do.  Do
           prayers even get heard directly with thousands of people
           doing them at the same time?  How can the gods do it
           without it being a unthinking response.  If he
           prays to his parents would they know it or sense it?
           Could they answer back?   He knows the rules that
           gods in theory can't directly interfere here.  But they
           can still cheat those rules with Avatars and magic
           creations.  After some time preparing he begins to
           concentrate and pray...]

          [For minutes Strie'bog and Bohusara stand on the small
           raft swaying in the 20 foot deep black water.  The
           cold wind blows across the lake.  The Vassa use the
           raft to fish or play on and so leave it here.  It
           came in handy this night. From the shore no one can
           easily see what is going on but Unali and her spyglass.
           She occasionally may give it to others to view.]

          [Bohusara begins to use the amber on the lake.  It
           helps to see in the darkness and glows a thick red
           hue.  AS they drift she peers into the lake and waits.
           As it begins to cloud over in one part she tries to
           peer deeper into the water as it darkens indicating
           some source here below.  But even with the amber and
           her night vision its impossible to look through the
           brown murky water.  She puts the amber away in a side
           pouch and begins to cast a few spells.  A green hue
           forms over her head and swirls.  As the view from
           the spyglass shows a gray shape begins to form over
           Bohusara.  Thig is about halfway between the shore and
           raft and watches hovering about 20 feet off the ground.
           The form Bohusara is making looks to be circular in
           nature and soon forms side and dorsal fins.  The form
           begins to sink to the ground and into the water.  The
           gray mist solidifies and begins to move as a 8 foot
           fish like creature.  Strie'bog is amazed to see his
           mother form life itself or at least some creature from
           some spell he doesn't know.  Lastly in deep chants
           and concentration Bohusara takes the Hyacinthus stone
           and places it in the center of the creature.  With
           a red and blue series of magical sparks the stone begins
           to mesh into the creature itself and disappear.]

          [From the shore the pretty lights are seen but no real
           distinction is seen. The party wonders if they should've
           gone to a better viewing spot.]

          [As Strie'bog continues to chant the magic words to help
           his mother suddenly the raft is rocked.  The shape
           like creation begins to sink into the dark water.
           Bohusara raises up and stands.  She sighs and finishes
           her spells.  Suddenly the raft begins to bump again.
           Bohusara turns just in time to see a long pink tentacle
           emerge from the water and move toward Strie'bog's
           left leg.  Before she can raise a hand she yells
           "Stry behind --".  Suddenly her words are broke as
           four tentacles grab her from behind and jerk her out
           from the raft and into the water with a great force.]

          [Thig hovering sees the attack and begins to move toward
           the raft.  As he does he yells.]

          Thig: "They're in trouble!"

          [On the shore the person with the spyglass sees the
           action but those who don't only hears a splash and
           the torch waver wildly...]

          GM: Will assume Unali has the spyglass.

          GM: Arawn is still in the woods praying but can hear
              any one screaming.  He faintly hears Thig's yell.

          GM: Raft is about 1000 feet from shore.  Nearest position
              from another part of shore might be 800.  Its
              about 20 feet deep where the raft is.

          GM: Was going to do a bit more and more details but with
              last minute actions posted it delayed me a bit
              and had to get the update out.  So here it goes.

          Actions? Comments?

          Next update Friday...

          GM: Adventure #4 Changes -

              1. For magic users I will be updating to version 2 of the
                 P&P rules for Base Mana Cost and Cost next Levels
                 which have changed.
              2. In case you guys haven't seen it theres a lot of gear
                 changes in regards to new equipment.  Also there
                 are a ton of new skills and spells.  Keep this
                 in mind when your doing the in between time training.
              3. Someone had mentioned doing the website differently.
                 Instead of listing new updates at the bottom list
                 then top down. I can take comments on this.  I
                 list them at the bottom since the bottom has links
                 that may be needed.  But either way is fine.  I
                 just do it in chronological order.
              4. If I have time during combats I may also initiate a more
                 stricter Exhaustion/Fatigue and Movement change from
                 Damage rules.  In the past it hasn't affected folks.
                 But as characters get tougher rules change.  Just
                 depends on how busy I get.  But I'll make any
                 comments on this at the time.

          GM: A new thing I will do is at the end of the adventure
              in a few weeks is post total CEP/MEPs earned for
              each character.  To show how folks have done.  Since
              most of this info is public (90%) figuring this out
              to be public is easy to determine if one were taking
              notes on the experience posted. :)

          GM: Be thinking of your In-Between Time for training and
              actions in a general way.  Will announce the length
              in a few weeks.  (Maybe sooner).