[pnpgm] RE: To Game Update # 46 - Plans get shifted faster...

john haight lithalis at yahoo.com
Mon May 28 20:24:53 CEST 2007

Arawn listened to Thig's reply to his own question pertaining to why Stri'bog's mother was being held hostage.

- Thig: "Why are they doing this?  I've been thinking on it.
             The timing seems interesting.  For one thing the
             Solstice in less than a week.  That is a vital time
             of year for the Druids.  A time when the Druids are
             busy in the inner forest.  This means less druids
             who are on patrol and on guard.  The people also
             prepare for festivals.  We know they are likely Humagi
             based on their clothing.  We know they are powerful
             as they took out a Vassa force when they came this
             way.  If she were to..." [He glances at Strie'bog and
             back again at Arawn] "..disappear or leave the forest
             or worse then the forest could and would die.  This
             would mean a heavy loss to the Druids.  How better to
             distract and to weaken the forest and druids but to
             take her hostage.  Take her out of the forest and she
             weakens and the forest weakens.  We know from the
             conversations with the Vassa that the Humagi would
             love to invade and take over the forest.  Living on
             the plains is a difficult thing.  Living in a forest
             full of animals, plants, and easy shelter is easy here.
             So I suspect that is their reason an invasion."

   Once the Faerry was done he spoke.

   "I can understand how they might choose this time to kidnap her but if all they wanted to do was weaken the druids by weakening the forest then the question remains, why did they not simply kill her as that would have accomplished that purpose and in the most expedient of manners? The timing in regards to the importance of the Solstice ritual has to mean something so I wonder exactly what they have in mind as I have to imagine it is linked to such a powerful and important event and I worry it may be more than simply wishing to disrupt it. As I said before, something just doesn't feel right about this..."